Venty by Storz & Bickel

MoltenTiger

Adjustable airflow up to 20 liters/minute
Haha yeah dang, good catch! 20L/s is a lot of airflow!
And so is the 18s to fill average lung capacity of 6L wlth the Venty. That does seem to be beyond anything I've tried. I think my TUBOx has the greatest airflow rate of my collection, to which there does seem to be a personal Goldilocks rate. So it's nice having designer adjustment.

MoltenTiger

To me it is totally irrelevant.

I think they made a huge mistake pricing it that high. It will keep a lot of people from buying it.
If anything I hope it helps justify aspiring vaporists to stretch their budget. S&B set a weird precedent for vaping already with the OG Volcano, a glorified heat gun in a hat. The outlandish price has enabled to a degree a very wide price bracket for the industry. It also screened me out for years from face value reaction.
Years later I bought the Sublimator for 30 bucks and I realised the true value of unrelinquished power. It would have been wise to invest a real sum earlier. I think everyone who has tried my TM2 wants one, but none have pulled the trigger because of the asking price. It's a hard pill to swallow, it's not easy to quantify the real value of these tools, and this seemingly inferior option is 50% more or so. Kind of crazy but they will sell, and people will have quite the honeymoon like with MV1.

MDude

If anything I hope it helps justify aspiring vaporists to stretch their budget. S&B set a weird precedent for vaping already with the OG Volcano, a glorified heat gun in a hat. The outlandish price has enabled to a degree a very wide price bracket for the industry. It also screened me out for years from face value reaction.
Years later I bought the Sublimator for 30 bucks and I realised the true value of unrelinquished power. It would have been wise to invest a real sum earlier. I think everyone who has tried my TM2 wants one, but none have pulled the trigger because of the asking price. It's a hard pill to swallow, it's not easy to quantify the real value of these tools, and this seemingly inferior option is 50% more or so. Kind of crazy but they will sell, and people will have quite the honeymoon like with MV1.
I bought the Plenty, Mighty, Mighty+ and a Volcano,also TM, TM2 among others so I am no stranger to spending money on vapes but this is where I draw the line 😂
Unless the price goes down considerably...

Lookin' like Braun & Bickel... reminds me I need a beard trim. In-built batteries need to die a firey death.
So we don't need to hold our breath waiting for a video review from you 😂

Last edited:

Varden

price is def an issue but I think everyone is at least curious to see what the deal is

need some testing videos asap

Yes, I am curious specially about the flow sensor and whether it will be noticeable or just a gimmick.

The heater has gone up to 130W, but that is still not enough to keep the temperature of the oven stable as air passes by. Plus, the oven has been reduced in size which means it will "store" less heat energy. They call the new oven design mini-oven, as if that is a good thing (???).

Given all of this I am not sure how the flow sensor information can help the PID controller, so I am curious to see if there is a noticeable effect.

Nebelmann

That's what you get from a company based in a country where federal administrations and companies still heavily rely on fax numbers.
Apple at least offers the latest tech for their overpriced devices. $&B sells you outdated toys

MGG

"The VENTY cannot be used during charging. It does not support pass-through as the power consumption of the VENTY is over 100W, which means that it operates with very high currents and voltages. Regular USB-C chargers, including quick-chargers and superchargers do not deliver the power the VENTY needs for operation." - Storz n Bickel

MDude

"The VENTY cannot be used during charging. It does not support pass-through as the power consumption of the VENTY is over 100W, which means that it operates with very high currents and voltages. Regular USB-C chargers, including quick-chargers and superchargers do not deliver the power the VENTY needs for operation." - Storz n Bickel
But it charges really fast...

I am sure for that price supercharger is included.

MGG

But it charges really fast...

I am sure for that price supercharger is included.
I just can't imagine spending THAT much on a vape and not being able to use it because it's out of battery.
That will happen to people. And that's never been an issue with my Mighty.
I was ready to upgrade until I learned that. Deal breaker for me :(

And throwing the same mighty batteries in a vape but with 3 x the watts, I imagine it will require more recharging than a mighty.

Plus the new cooling unit system, whilst innovative, does also seem like many more parts to clean.

The only positive for me is I bet it must give insane clouds.

bankruptcy

I think it will all come down to how it compares to the mighty. At the moment i don't really understand where it will be positioned in S&B lineup, is it supposed to replace the mighty in the long run? is it supposed to offer a different experience?
Would also love to see a firmware update that support on demand function, if it's even possible.
I definitely won't buy as it is not for me, but s&b is probably the most influential company regarding portable electronic vapes so can't wait for some reviews.

186°

They are still assembling in Germany, right? I wonder, how much of the parts are also produced there/in Europe.

For all those who are complaining to hard about the prices. I tell you something about German workforce prices (I lived there): Our old washing machine was somehow defect. We called a guy to check it. This is not a well paid job. He came, found out within 30 minutes that the machine could not be repaired (for a reasonable price). To find that out, he had to install a broken handle first. The broken part was less than 20 €. Including that, the costs for driving, the taxes and most of all the hour of work it was more than 200 €. 200 € to tell me that my machine was broken. And almost all of it was simply the cost of labor. I was shocked. I was angry. But it was realistic. Even as I lived there I sometimes forget how incredibly expensive work force could be (which does not mean that workers always have enough money, there are some real shitty underpaid lower class jobs).

So yeah, the Venty is way to expensive for me. I would rather buy a new washing machine. But considering that comparison, I would just advice those who are angry about the high price: chill down and just don't buy it, because it is not made for you and me. Like the new (or any) Iphone was never made for me. Alternatively: Be angry about every overpriced sweatshop-produced product in the world, as well, all the f... time. But please not for yourself, but in the name of those who are exploited while producing it. Any product produced in Germany (almost certainly) is sweatshop-free! In contrast to e.g. clothing, where we have logos that can somehow assure the consumer that a far-away made T-Shirt is fair and/or organic, we don't have that kind of third party certification of electronic products (yet). 2 of my last 3 phones where made in Europe, too. That has nothing to do with patriotism in any kind but with basic (!) labor rights. Also with quality (but that is not a given). Also, I somehow like the idea of having the possibility to drive to a manufacturer and shout into his face directly in case I have a reason to be angry for real ;)

Looking at the price development of the Mighty/Mighty+ (plus inflation etc.) it was clear, that a new device would be over 400 € at the beginning. No surprise. Not my league. And also not what I am looking for (I'm all in for the Vapman + Station at the moment).

But, I said that before: The new design is great! All the other products of S&B are quite ugly (to me), but the Venty's look seems perfect in its way.

passenger

is this thing on?
It's not what I'm looking for in a vaporizer, but I can see there is a demand for vaporizers like this. I guess there are people who would be happy with it and never look back. If it has to compete with the likes of TP80 or TM or even if you are into it with the unregulated devices like Toad - I'm pretty sure it would stay in the same drawer as my Mighty. On the other hand, the Mighty is still a reliable device (had to be warranty replaced though) and does it's job. It's just so outperformed by the others mentioned... and cleaning is so terrible tedious, that I can't bring myself to use it. It's also harsher than the others. And plastic, so much plastic. Aluminium. Etc.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
TBH I think it's probably an outstanding and kickass unit, and there would be a couple things which would convince me immediately to buy one

#1 - reverse charging. If the Venty could be a powerbank I think that'd put me to buy one immediately.

#2 - Variable conduction:convection - If they've implemented such good airflow and heat-sensing sensors, they could've leveraged that to allow you to adjust how hot the bowl stays when passive since such a fast 120W heater could power up instantly (like the Bowle)

However without any of those features - I struggle to see why I'd buy it over the MiniVap. MiniVap has bigger bigger bowl, giant battery life, looks much sleeker, and just as easy to use and even easier to clean.

Damnit S&B - so close, but not close enough... again

r-mit

They are still assembling in Germany, right? I wonder, how much of the parts are also produced there/in Europe.

For all those who are complaining to hard about the prices. I tell you something about German workforce prices (I lived there): Our old washing machine was somehow defect. We called a guy to check it. This is not a well paid job. He came, found out within 30 minutes that the machine could not be repaired (for a reasonable price). To find that out, he had to install a broken handle first. The broken part was less than 20 €. Including that, the costs for driving, the taxes and most of all the hour of work it was more than 200 €. 200 € to tell me that my machine was broken. And almost all of it was simply the cost of labor. I was shocked. I was angry. But it was realistic. Even as I lived there I sometimes forget how incredibly expensive work force could be (which does not mean that workers always have enough money, there are some real shitty underpaid lower class jobs).
Workforce? If you compare the manual labor of a technician who travels just to work on your washing machine and an assembly line in a factory that produces thousands of units per day, it doesn't make much sense. The cost of workforce in this type of chain represents only a tiny part of the price. Besides, the assembly line itself probably costs much more than the workers who use it. Storz&bickel does'nt manufacture products that are handmade or require special skills to manufacture. It's just a few workers pushing buttons.

I imagine you're talking about research and development

r-mit,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've been staring at the images on the S-B website of the insides of the Venty, with my focus on the cooling airpath, which feature is the reason I've already spent good money buying a Crafty and then a Crafty+. As a former cigarette and dope smoker of 50 plus years, my lungs are sensitive and need the vapor sent through a bubbler or cooling airpath. As far as my chronic research shows, the Craftys and Mightys have more cooling than any other vapes. By making the vapor path double back on itself, the Venty appears to have the most cooling of any portable vape currently on the market, only challenged by those other two S-B products. Leaving price aside, this makes the Venty the most attractive vape to people like me.

Another consideration, given the high price and the non-replaceable batteries: My og Crafty had the bluetooth fail after nearly two years of daily use. S-B replaced it for free in less than a week, without any hassle whatsoever, with the then current "20% more battery life" model. When the battery on that one started leading to fewer and fewer sessions after two years of daily use, S-B let me buy the Crafty + second(and still current) iteration for $120 bucks. How many companies are willing to stand behind their products like this?

RE: Plastic: Personally I love the way my Craftys looked. Though slow to heat up, from a design perspective, they are the BMW of vapes. Given that S-B products are the only medically certified vapes and that they are certified in the EU with its almost insane regulatory stringency, I am not worried in the least about the health impacts of using a plastic vape from S-B. In terms of questions people raise about the fragility of the plastic fins: I'm an active outdoors person who has brought his Craftys along on numerous bike, hike, ski, snowshoe adventures in the summers heat and the winters cold(I live in NH's White Mtns). They've fallen out of my pack and pockets into the snow and on to rocks without even a hint of damage.

WirtDog

Please excuse the rant, but I need to vent (hahaha!!!!!!) and if not here, then where? <3

especially since I've been blocked on Instagram for criticizing Storz&Bickel in the last few days and any negative criticism is immediately marked as "spam" and deleted. really, really great people.

so. why am I upset? because it affects me. I'm basically a neighbor of Storz and Bickel and have always been quite proud to know that there is a world-famous manufacturer of these products here in southern Germany. We have a special relationship with cannabis here - it is simply incredibly strictly forbidden and punished harshly, more severely than anywhere else in Germany.
The fact that a company sets up a shop here and produces such "evil" things has always been a bit of a sensation.

That's why the company always had my sympathy. German engineering produces really great things - unfortunately not in the long term when it comes to greed.
Since Storz und Bickel was taken over by Canopy Growth in 2018, something has changed... the imagery, the appearance, everything has become incredibly "American-polished". They tried hard and fast to be modern, fresh and visionary.
The fact that they have completely lost touch with reality is not only shown by their absolutely ridiculous photo advertisements, which are cruelly posed (suits smile at each other with a thick plastic bag full of weed vapor, come on people...give me a break)

But the main problem that I see now is: the company is being sold out, squeezed out and then, presumably, disposed of. There is a crackdown on medically certified products because these are the only ones that are covered and paid for by health insurance companies - this is probably such a lucrative market that S&B is giving the finger to normal consumers. If they just released like a crafty minus, a consoomer-type-model, without the bluetooth fuzz, WITH a replaceable 18650 battery, for, lets say, 180-200? that would be okay.

However, I find it shameful that they bring _so_ little innovation with their new model and at the same time charge _such_ prices.
what have they done? Stretched out a Mighty, halved it in the middle, crammed in a bit of crafty Bluetooth technology, put in a few bright colors and a useless filter, an adjustable air supply and the latest shit is ready? really?
My Arizer Argo, which is now 9 years old, seems to me to be more durable, more versatile and easier to clean. and smaller. and.....well. cheaper. much, much cheaper.
I don't understand this company - and all the people who buy from them and advertise for them, getting their devices sponsored, getting flown to great gatherings and parties to be brand ambassadors and sell this plastic chunk to people as a revelation. nope, i am really not happy with it and i think they should adress the critic and not blend it out totally.
I appreciate you sharing this perspective from Germany! What you say makes sense! I was not aware that they had lost management control and when you do that in many cases you lose your company. This new one seems weird? They had to price it high or reduce the prices of everything below the new one and they won't do that initially. I have a five year old Mighty. It needs new batteries but not worth the price to send it back to the factory.

To me it's really about the vapor? I would need to see some very impressive results from initial testing by the vape community before I would consider the Venty. Not seeing how it can compete with a TM2.

WirtDog,

Varden

My new phone came with a 125W usb-c charger. There are already out there 180W usb-c chargers, and new chargers that can do 240W (max power possible within the last USB PD specification) are around the corner.

They could have included the option, even if it was not going to work with the chargers people have currently. Sounds like a bullshit excuse.

Varden

Why not? how can you even know that rn?
Physics. But expanding the answer, look for example ball vapes. The coils put out 130W and more and they need the balls and heating them for around 10 minutes initially, to produce enough energy to have the air at a close to stable temperature. We will see, I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I am pretty sure you can not do it with a 130W heater (without balls and heating for 20 seconds).

Top Bottom