Venty by Storz & Bickel

Jojofernz

Actually really surprised and interested to see how the heater and airflow pans out.

But man that price is insane for a portable, is it not?

But I’ll hold all my pessimism, I really am interested to see what people have to say about this one and how it performs.

I still can’t see myself ever buying it at that price though, even if it is amazing, and the shape actually makes it seem hardly portable. A nice beast to bring out if it rips though and pretend it’s a walkie talkie with the buds.

blackstone

air flow for this is up to 20 liters/minute, do any other vapes compare to this?
Bag vapes have almost zero resistance, not sure about Plenty and Hybrid whip?

Knowing S$B, I think people gotta remember the 20 sec heat-up is most likely to the lowest temp, 104F. So to get to 410F we might have to expect a lot more
It says 17 seconds on the comparison page of their site so who knows.

NOLOGO said:
Also, what a buildup only to see it's basically a refined, slightly smaller Mighty THAT THEY'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR SEVEN YEARS!!! 🤣 😭💨
The real proof will probably be in the vaping! Not just seeing it.

Sounds like the Omnivap function. I don't know why you would want that unless you're using concentrates which aren't optimal in the first place.
I don't know how it works in that vape but here it's probably about user preference and adjusting the conditions and vacuum inside the vape for tailored results or best production to suit the user or conditions.

Vape_Or_Die420

I’ll be interested to see if POTV comes out with a compatible cooling unit like they have with the crafty and mighty recently. Would be nice to run this through the curved mini bubbler. Is this thing too big to use on a Waterpipe?

Vape_Or_Die420,
  • Love
Reactions: Jill NYC

darbarikanada

based on the video, what this seems to offer that's unique is wide-open airflow and big, cool clouds. the other stuff (fast heat-up, apps, customizable temps/boost) seems less unique, can be gotten elsewhere for less money.

interesting that he calls it a 'dry herb' vaporizer; my guess is that's it's probably just lawsuit avoidance.

I think it'll appeal to people who want big rips - and are willing to spend $$$ to get cooler vapor than other devices that also produce big clouds.

RedZep

If it has a larger bowl than mighty, and the heater cannot be overwhelmed due to the extra wattage and flow detector, then it might deliver a portable session experience that is actually satisfying. The way a Volcano Hybrid is. However the hybrid has a much bigger bowl. The adjustable airflow is also really nice as I personally don't find the Mighty as open as others seem to.

The huge sticking point is the fact you are buying a none replaceable battery device for a price point that will make your eyes water. At the very least I hope it has pass through charging, so it can be used as a desktop once it reaches its obsolescence.

MDude

based on the video, what this seems to offer that's unique is wide-open airflow and big, cool clouds. the other stuff (fast heat-up, apps, customizable temps/boost) seems less unique, can be gotten elsewhere for less money.

interesting that he calls it a 'dry herb' vaporizer; my guess is that's it's probably just lawsuit avoidance.

I think it'll appeal to people who want big rips - and are willing to spend $$$ to get cooler vapor than other devices that also produce big clouds.
The mouthpiece doesn't look much different than on Mighty...is the diameter bigger to allow more airflow?

bobothevaper

If it has a larger bowl than mighty, and the heater cannot be overwhelmed due to the extra wattage and flow detector, then it might deliver a portable session experience that is actually satisfying. The way a Volcano Hybrid is. However the hybrid has a much bigger bowl. The adjustable airflow is also really nice as I personally don't find the Mighty as open as others seem to.

The huge sticking point is the fact you are buying a none replaceable battery device for a price point that will make your eyes water. At the very least I hope it has pass through charging, so it can be used as a desktop once it reaches its obsolescence.
I think most people get the batteries replaced via SB. I’m just assuming they pay a smaller fee than rrp and get a new one in return.

BuzzDanklin

I wrote a blog post with my thoughts on the Venty here: https://www.vaporizerwizard.com/blog/storz-and-bickel-releases-new-venty-portable-vaporizer/

They say 10 bowls per charge and they say 80% charge in 40 mins.
So that should be 8 sessions worth of battery with 40 minutes of charging. Can any other vape compare with that ratio? That is the highest I can remember off the top of my head.

Adjustable airflow sounds interesting
The air flow meter which adjusts the heating algorithm based on draw speed also sounds interesting

Lastly I liked this picture.

Venty-Vaporizer-Breakdown-Storz-and-Bickel-1024x894.jpg

Edit: I see a lot of people hating on the price, and I agree it was higher than expected. But I do also remember the Mighty being $599 at launch back in 2014 (Inflation adjusted that's $788.17 in 2023!!) so I do expect the price to come down.

seki

Knowing S$B, I think people gotta remember the 20 sec heat-up is most likely to the lowest temp, 104F. So to get to 410F we might have to expect a lot more
Every marketing shot shows the Venty at 180°C. With the Mighty+ the advertised 60 second heat up time was to180°C and all of its marketing shots also display 180°C whenever the screen is visible. I don't know for sure, but given that track record, it would make more sense to me to assume that they would advertise the heat up time to an actual usable vaping temperature rather than try to pull the wool over peoples eyes in such an obvious and clumsy manner.

So tiny...
Vaporizer-_bersicht-10-2023.jpg
This is another surprise to me, it's huge! I thought based on the pics of the prototype peeking out of Jurgen Bickel's jacket and him testing it by the water that it would be more Crafty-esque, but this thing seems like it's approaching MiniVap in size.
venty4.jpg
venty3.jpg

I get that these were prototypes, but it seems much smaller here.

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
For better or worse, seems in line with expectations. Big/fast heater seems a reasonable trade-off for the size. Curious (but not optimistic) about the flavor.

That promo though.
Venty’s the one for chopping wood alone in the forest, commercial fishing in the Arctic, or racing your crotch rocket late night in the city. All they needed was a shot of a neurosurgeon gowning up.

The only vignette that makes any sense is the kids in the Westy but I’m sure they’re camped a mile or so outside Gaza. Like what the actual hell.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Every marketing shot shows the Venty at 180°C. With the Mighty+ the advertised 60 second heat up time was to180°C and all of its marketing shots also display 180°C whenever the screen is visible. I don't know for sure, but given that track record, it would make more sense to me to assume that they would advertise the heat up time to an actual usable vaping temperature rather than try to pull the wool over peoples eyes in such an obvious and clumsy manner.

This is another surprise to me, it's huge! I thought based on the pics of the prototype peeking out of Jurgen Bickel's jacket and him testing it by the water that it would be more Crafty-esque, but this thing seems like it's approaching MiniVap in size.
venty4.jpg
venty3.jpg

I get that these were prototypes, but it seems much smaller here.
Screenshot-20231017-122259-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Seems the pic doesn't represent the measurements.

Doktor Dub

I have mixed thoughts about this thing…

I think it’s too expensive, there is a lot of plastic, it’s at least as ugly as the mighty. Probably this should just be the new mighty for the same price as the old one and it would be a good update.

All that said - guess which vape I took to the last family vacation…. my mighty…. because it just works and delivers and is not much tinkering.

DerbyMachtSachen

does Dings
Please excuse the rant, but I need to vent (hahaha!!!!!!) and if not here, then where? <3

especially since I've been blocked on Instagram for criticizing Storz&Bickel in the last few days and any negative criticism is immediately marked as "spam" and deleted. really, really great people.

so. why am I upset? because it affects me. I'm basically a neighbor of Storz and Bickel and have always been quite proud to know that there is a world-famous manufacturer of these products here in southern Germany. We have a special relationship with cannabis here - it is simply incredibly strictly forbidden and punished harshly, more severely than anywhere else in Germany.
The fact that a company sets up a shop here and produces such "evil" things has always been a bit of a sensation.

That's why the company always had my sympathy. German engineering produces really great things - unfortunately not in the long term when it comes to greed.
Since Storz und Bickel was taken over by Canopy Growth in 2018, something has changed... the imagery, the appearance, everything has become incredibly "American-polished". They tried hard and fast to be modern, fresh and visionary.
The fact that they have completely lost touch with reality is not only shown by their absolutely ridiculous photo advertisements, which are cruelly posed (suits smile at each other with a thick plastic bag full of weed vapor, come on people...give me a break)

But the main problem that I see now is: the company is being sold out, squeezed out and then, presumably, disposed of. There is a crackdown on medically certified products because these are the only ones that are covered and paid for by health insurance companies - this is probably such a lucrative market that S&B is giving the finger to normal consumers. If they just released like a crafty minus, a consoomer-type-model, without the bluetooth fuzz, WITH a replaceable 18650 battery, for, lets say, 180-200? that would be okay.

However, I find it shameful that they bring _so_ little innovation with their new model and at the same time charge _such_ prices.
what have they done? Stretched out a Mighty, halved it in the middle, crammed in a bit of crafty Bluetooth technology, put in a few bright colors and a useless filter, an adjustable air supply and the latest shit is ready? really?
My Arizer Argo, which is now 9 years old, seems to me to be more durable, more versatile and easier to clean. and smaller. and.....well. cheaper. much, much cheaper.
I don't understand this company - and all the people who buy from them and advertise for them, getting their devices sponsored, getting flown to great gatherings and parties to be brand ambassadors and sell this plastic chunk to people as a revelation. nope, i am really not happy with it and i think they should adress the critic and not blend it out totally.

Last edited:

bobothevaper

I don't know why fast charging or for that matter faster heat up than 60 seconds would be that important...why are people in such a rush??
It's a session vape.
Yeah I may vape three bowls on an evening. I’m not going to die if I have to wait 60 secs. After the first bowl I’m usually so baked that a minute feels like a second anyway.

Top Bottom