• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vaporstar Vaporizer

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
hardly any other vaporizers are(Condense Free) allowing you to maximize each hit
I get zero build up and condensed THC in my Purple-Days vapor tubes. The screens can get a little clogged but I have yet to see anything building up on the sides of the tubes.

I doubt that you lose much potency due to whip condensation but what you do get is a nice scrap of vap oil for use later. And its tastes real nice.

vaporcloud,

SuperTorch

Yea, I saw that Vape for the first time from here and it definitely is good looking, and true the build up for some is a plus, for me it would be also but old month after month build up in a whip hurts the fresh boiled taste. The VaporStar does get a little build up inside it walls( I use pipe cleaner to get it out). The VaporStar can vaporizer any build up on its screen just by using it with out any herbs inside, it makes for a few easy to access power hits once there is enough build up to do it.

SuperTorch,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
for me it would be also but old month after month build up in a whip hurts the fresh boiled taste
I agree totally and I use to wash my whip regulalry coz I liked the clean look ... you see the vapor swirling 'round the bowl ... very cool. But I like to let 2-3 weeks of build cake onto the sides and then scrap and clean. The build up is just melted trics anyway so they don't actually taste bad compared to an old soot clogged pipe :uhoh:

vaporcloud,

SuperTorch

Yea, this is the one reason on occasion I won't actually clean inside my VS-bowl for 20 bowls, because I know I can Vaporize it right off the screen for some extra punch vapors, Then I do the full cleaning. One cool thing about glass part of whips is you can sit them up right on a plate with the tubing removed, take a torch to them and inhale the vapors as theyboild off and float up. If I don't clean the VS glass after a while I can do the same with a torch just hit it on the out side and the inside starts to fill up with vapors.

SuperTorch,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The start to finish demo video gives a good idea how the Vaporstar works. For a butane powered portable it looks pretty nice. Looks like it'd be easier to master than the Vaporgenie, thought not quite as portable.

SuperTorch said:
I really like to clean mine often, and one way I KEEP it clean is I take suranwrap and fold it so I have about 20 layers then I cut a circle a tad larger than a silver dollar(now I have 20 pieces of suranwrap that I can peel and use), I lay 2 layers over the rubber base and push the glass down in the base this is air tight blocking off the rubber base and keeps the base from never getting anything on it, and also(not for my reason, but you'd like it) it keep the pathway more fresh(no rubber smell) so if I clean my glass with 91% Alcohol, and I put a new suranwrap layer in each time, and clean my bowl with 91% alcohol(Absolutely doesn't hurt the wood, they use alcohol to restore wood thats been under water) and I put in a new
Good tip, sounds like a lot of work though-- covering rubber with plastic... :D I mean the glass you get with the VS is pretty much a bonus for the price, but still it sucks if that's ruining the experience for some people like marcuss. From the sounds of it I wouldn't use that rubber bottomed bong either. :ninja:

vtac,

SuperTorch

Well yea if you want to buy a all glass bong then it really is no problem, the rubber base wouldn't stop me if its all I had. Yes the suranwrap serves 2 functions - it keeps the rubber base from being coated with actives and the taste is kept really fresh since the rubber bottom is totally sealed away. Come to think of it I've pretty much used the suranwrap since I got mine, I mean its so easy to do, and maybe if I was using it with the rubber exposed I'd bought all glass earlier. The rubber bottom sits nice on my glass table and with the Suranwrap its pure taste only.

Attention: Head Sources say the VaporStar is out of production and new units may/may not be made in the future..

Buy One Now if your wanting one, last supplies are a everybodydoesit. Glad I got my supply.

SuperTorch,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
SuperTorch said:
Attention: Head Sources say the VaporStar is out of production and new units may/may not be made in the future..

Buy One Now if your wanting one, last supplies are a everybodydoesit. Glad I got my supply.
Can you cite these sources?

P.S. are those your affiliate codes in the grasscity links?

vtac,

SuperTorch

Well I guess he won't mine since he told me and his site is Sold Out, but it's Dave and he is the designer owner of the VaporStar.

Those are just pipes I ordered and wanted everyone to see. The little 4 inch one should be really cool with the VaporStar. I'm not affiliated with Grass City if thats what your asking.

SuperTorch,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That's too bad, did he say why he might stop making them?

It's the "?id=zR4hEI4t" appended to the end of the URLs I was talking about, looks like an affiliate code. No worries if it's not yours.

Oh yeah, anyone know what kind of wood the Vaporstar's made from?

vtac,

SuperTorch

I believe it's American Black Walnut, it the same wood that Airplane Propellers were made of back in the day. Its a very hard wood. If I recall correct I ask Dave this question and that was his response in a email, but its been a year so my recollection my be off but I'm pretty sure, I do remember Googling the wood type. :)

http://www.craftsman-style.info/finishing/070-walnut.htm

I think he's looking to move on, but its not set in stone that no more will be made, he can change his mind of course. For now supplies are out and for the short term no more are on the way.

SuperTorch,

PeteYpuFF

I know dieselVapors has them I just got one about a week ago. They told me that they just got there shipment in and was the only US dealer.

PeteYpuFF,

marcuss

above the clouds
:D At the end you'll buy a real glass pipe as you call it.....wise choice man!
Stop dealing with all that surawrap and rubber.....to me vaporize means relax...not work!
enjoy the cleanest way to go...go all glass....my herborizer is happy for you!

I always grind the plant material and i fill half bowl...If i try to avoid scorching i get low vapor....if i leave the flame a little more i scorch the plant with a owful taste....probably it is my fault....but i need something less tricky to enjoy the high......thanks for your tips...ahh...now that the vaporstar is out of stock i could sell mine as rare vape? ;)

marcuss,

SuperTorch

I'm 100% satisfied with the ones that came with it, your hands fit like a glove, I have 5 VS and just needed some extra pipes. I had the V-Tower and it was too many things going on holding the whip, the bowl, the V-Tower it was top heavy and not real fun to use. I preferred the VaporStar for fun and coolness and using a new vaporizer every time I vape makes for very fresh hits. To each his own I find the VaporStar a very satisfying vaporizer and give it a 10. I've owned it for 18 months and I Like it, AHLHOT.

I'm also really glad I came to this site and saw the Purple-Days the price looks right, it looks ultra cool, and vaps like a madman, it jumps high on my list for the replacement of the cumbersome V-Tower.

Didn't see that it takes 30 minutes to heat up, that a big negative for me its nice looking but I'm back to old school Vapor Brothers as a simple whip based unit as my next choice, I do like the SSV but want to keep the price $120-$150ish if I ever do buy another electric, right now I just dieing to get my new pipes in hand to mate the to my VS's.

SuperTorch,

max

Out to lunch
I'm also really glad I came to this site and saw the Purple-Days the price looks right, it looks ultra cool, and vaps like a madman, it jumps high on my list for the replacement of the cumbersome V-Tower.

Didn't see that it takes 30 minutes to heat up, that a big negative for me
Definitely a drawback, but only as far as portable use is concerned (even there, preheating at home makes it easy to transfer to the car cig lighter or jacket pocket along with the Vapo battery pack). Mine's on a simple timer and is ready to go every day when I get home from work. I just take it off the timer on the weekends. And of course you can always just leave it on 24/7. The heat up time to get that heat exchanger going is also a big plus during use, giving the vape a heat reserve that other direct draw vapes just don't have.

max,

spaceman462

So has anyone used this with a full size bong yet? I just ordered one from EDIT (along with the mini glass bong as seen on the VaporStar site) and I was wondering how well it worked. I picked the VaporStar over the VaporGenie because I can see the vapor in the glass minibong, but also because I could use the bowl with a fullsize bong. Does it fit as well as a regular glass bowl? Does it hit weak because the vapor isn't as hot as smoke and more is lost in the water as it cools? I could wait a week and find out when it arrives, but I'd like to get other opinions on it anyway.

spaceman462,

SuperTorch

Your going to love it, it can hit like a Monster when used right, you really don't need water with vapors because they are ultra soft to begin with. I'm pretty sure the seal is very tight in a 14.4 joint although I haven't used mine with a glass joint yet, like my suranwrap trick I'm thinking of of tightly wrapping one of my VS in black electrical tape just at the lower portion of the bowl one single perfect wrap and trim with a razor for pro looks then when you slide it into the joint it will protect the wood and create a o'ring like seal. Probably not needed really but I have more then one so I can make one perfect for glass joint use, I'll just have to see if there is any benefit to doing that once my new pipes arrive next week. When you are going for a true Waterpipe/VS combo a full size will work very well small little water pipes work but when there small I just use them as a strait glass pipe with out water. If you've read this thread you know how I feel about the VS. You'll be pulling in boiled herb actives with in 2 draws and you'll never see at smoke the same way again.

SuperTorch,

marcuss

above the clouds
Welcome to FC spaceman462!!
I'm glad to see that some new VS user will drop his report on this vape....hope you like it!

marcuss,

spaceman462

Just a heads up - Everyone Does It was out of stock when I placed my order and will have more VaporStar bowls and bowl/bong combos in on 9/1 according to the email they sent me. Shiva Headshop has it in stock and shipped it out for me the following day (I placed my order after they closed due to the time difference). I like the design of the EDIT minibong better than the minibong Shiva Headshop is using, but the Shiva minibong looks like it's made with considerably thicker glass, so it's a tossup. I'll probably be using it with a regular 12" bong most of the time anyway.

spaceman462,

SuperTorch

The glass at Shiva looks very nice too, let us here your thoughts once you've rocked it. My new glass minis should be in any time I'm curious if they are going to be very thick glass since they are only about $12.50 ea. Hopefully they will be in by Friday 9/5.

SuperTorch,

SuperTorch

Well my Glass came in today from GrassCity and I'll start off by saying I won't be ordering from them again EVER. I spent $105 which included 2 $30 pipes and 4 $10 mini pipes by Molino. The $10 were actually worth every penny nice thick glass but the bottom is thin but they were only $10 so I feel they were better than expected. The 2 $30 pipes are a JOKE and are not as nice as the pipes that came with the VS the glass is paper thin and I don't think they have been heat treated they feel like a gust of wind could crack them, the larger one is about the perfect size for the VaporStar the smaller one looks like it came from something you put a quarter into and turn the knob and this pipe would fall out at the bottom. The glass joint which appeared to be 14.4 was something else micro and the Vaporstar wont even fit into it. Oh well 4 out of the 5 I got will work the 5TH is headed for the trash, live and learn, the 2 standard pipes I got from EDIT were very much what I had expected(even better- thicker) and better priced by far $20 each, so if I order again EDIT will get my business. What did I learn if you want quality over the net better stick with the Big Name Brands they will at least always be thick glass.

SuperTorch,

spaceman462

The mail stopped by with my order from Shiva today, but I wasn't there to receive it. I'll probably have to pick it up from the post office after work tomorrow, since I'm never home during the day. I'll let you know if the glass is as good as it looks.

As for GrassCity, the service is pretty good, but by and large, all of their glass is either overpriced (see the CCG pieces) or crap (the rest). The Molino stuff is pretty good, but you can get a lot of that at EDIT too, along with Bushmaster and a fair bit of other decent quality stuff for less than what GrassCity wants.

In fact, I've got a new Bushmaster borosilicate glass bong coming from EDIT that I wanted to try the VaporStar with (from when I placed my first order for the VaporStar) but it's taking forever to get here, assuming they've even shipped it yet. At least they gave me a refund on the VaporStar already.

I don't know where you're located, but you might want to give Chunky Glass Pipes a shot next time you're ordering glass. Most of their stuff is not fancy at all, but it IS thick and pretty cheap. The shipping is certainly a lot less and faster too, if you're in the US. I just ordered a double bubbler from them that coincidentally will match my new bong perfectly.

spaceman462,

spaceman462

I'd email them and find out exactly how thick the glass is. "Super thick 50mm heavy wall pyrex." is not accurate, unless they mean the diameter of the tube itself is 50mm. Hopefully they just don't understand what millimeters are and the glass is actually 5mm thick, which would be decent.

spaceman462,
Top Bottom