• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizing "Spice" Gold/Diamond?

Volcano South

Well, I was high as hell last night checking out some other forums. I stumbled upon a review of a product called "Spice Diamond", it's another "legal alternative" :disgust:

Anyhow, people claim that it works. I googled "Spice Diamond Review" and found several reviews on other forums from people who can't be "plants" (i.e. they have a lot of posts, long membership, are respected members of their community) -- they say this shit works.

Something about the "Gold" being near middies and "Diamond" being a full on hydroponic high. So, using eBay cashback I ordered a packet (3g) of Diamond for about $30 shipped. Expensive, I know, but I imagine it without the 25% cashback LOL.

So, I guess:

- Has anyone tried this?
- Has anyone VAPORIZED it?
- What's your opinion?

Seriously, I know most of us think legal alternatives can never be as good as the stuff we <3 but I'm really inclined to believe I'm going to have a great experience with this stuff.

Volcano South,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, a handful of people here have tried vaping the legal blends with varying degrees of success, I think most of the discussion is here. Spice gold/diamond seems to be regarded as a good one.

Might have to cook it a little hotter but you should be fine with your 'cano.

vtac,

Volcano South

I read over at Grasscity that it may cause 'internal bleeding' and blackouts. That sure as hell doesn't sound good.

Anyone experience any of that? The posts about those issues were from people with less than 5 posts, so it could be propaganda.

Volcano South,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hey there VS. I have purchased quite a bit of Spice gold and Diamond over the last 12 months and never had any problems with black-outs or internal bleeding. It just got me high ... no more no less.

The Spice varieties vape quite well ... as vtac said they just need another 20 degrees or so higher temp than MJ.

And yes they do work although I would say compared to MJ they do lack something. They get you stoned but perhaps there is a layer of euphoria missing.

If your tolerances are low they work very very well. If you've been pumping back the MJ and have a higher tolerance they dont pack quite the same punch.

My advice with any of the legal blends is to start small and work your way up becuase they do have a habit of affecting people in different ways. Sorta like MJ in that it just takes some people a lot less to get higher.

Of the legals so far I have tried:

Spice Gold
Spice Diamond
Sense
Dream

and

Aroma.

:)

vaporcloud,

Volcano South

Cool. We're still down to try it, then. I have already ordered it, and in my younger (read: uneducated) days I've likely done a lot worse.

Thanks for the response. I just got really nervous about that 'internal bleeding' LOL :lol:

We do knock back the MJ, unfortunately. That's partially why I'm interested in it, in the past three months midgrade ($120-160/z) has been dry so we've been smoking some of the named varieties.

Can't wait to try it though. I did not like salvia, but I did FULLY experience it. This was in 2001ish when several online stores sold some very potent extractions that I understand headshop stuff lacks these days.

Volcano South,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Spice doesn't contain any salvia. I hope you like the taste of vanilla :lol:

If your a fairly high consumer of MJ you should haven't problems. N00bs who do the occasional joint see this sort of shit and go 'ahe light weight legal' and chug back 1 gram in one sitting and spent the rest of the night hanging on and vowing never to try that shit again :rolleyes:

vaporcloud,

Volcano South

Man, I HATE vanilla. Though, you're not the first person to mention the smell and taste of it. I don't mind vanilla ice cream and stuff, it's just the "fake" vanillas give me headaches.

It stems from my mom keeping a vanilla potpourri bag under her car seat when I was a child. She was a chain cigarette smoker so I guess she liked the smell.

I'm prepared for the smell/taste though. I'm sure most of us, if dabbled outside MJ have tasted some damn nasty stuff.

Volcano South,

Beezleb

I look forward to how it affects you. I never tried something like that

Beezleb,

VaporKing

Just curiouse how did it go with the Spice Diamond, Volcano South?

What did you find the optimal vaping temp to be?

I was looking into the legals a few weeks ago but never got around to ordering any.
If your reviews are good maybe ill become motivated to try it again.

VaporKing,

Volcano South

I've got it sitting here but I haven't been able to try it.

I apologize. I promise this next week I will try some.

Volcano South,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have used spice diamond, and here is a few of my tips.

I have a PD remind you so I have no way of adjusting my temps...

I dry mine so I don't need to worry about the higher temps.
I like dried lime leaves, blue lotus, hops, or mint to take the horrible taste of fake vanilla ( you may like it of course)
Mix it with you AVB for a longer, and more well rounded high
Try not to vape a ton at first. Will give you a head buzz, and too much gave me a headache. Also you'll get a tolorance fast, so try to mix to help that as well.

Other than that...have fun. I like the spice diamond high, just too expensive to buy unless dry time are to be had.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thats good advice DD although I haven't had much luck vapping SD or SG in my PD. But drying it out further makes sence. And mixing it with ABV is also a good little trick - something I do all the time.

I'm going to try some Dream and Aroma blends through my VG bong tonight. I have no MJ left ... not even ABV :( so I spose I'm on an enforced tolerance break :lol: I just have to get off my arse and make some phone calls and I have a wedding booked for this weekend and will need some mean green for that fo sure :brow:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
vc...that is sad man. I'm sorry to hear about your forced tolorance break. You seem to have this problem from time to time. I feel for you man. I've been there and it sucks. Well I'll blow a hit your way, but I'm sure the 24 hours may filter it by the time it makes it to you. lol

Best of luck dude. Try hops if you can get some. Helps the vanilla taste of SD/SG, but I see you have found a new brand. I'll have to try that the next time dry times are afoot.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Strom Thurmond

I've read that people have tried vaping Spice or Zohai SX (A similar blend) with a VaporGenie and it didn't work them.

As for the blends, i've smoked them and they taste really strange. They do get you high but it's not the high i'm looking for. It seems like there could be dangerous shit in those blends that you don't know about.

Strom Thurmond,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
DigitalDavinci said:
vc...that is sad man. I'm sorry to hear about your forced tolorance break. You seem to have this problem from time to time.
Its all good DD. I've been vappin the blends in my VG bong and it seems to do the trick. I'm hopeful of some hooter before Christmas but its indicitive of this time of year. I could drive an hour round trip and score some weed but the quantities are small and quality questionable. I'm happy to wait for a zip than fuck around with gram deals :rolleyes: The prices go thru the roof too supply vs demand and all that sort of thing.

It seems like there could be dangerous shit in those blends that you don't know about.
This comes up quite a bit but there is no evidence to support it. I only use the blends for around 2 months of the year and to be honest I find coming off them easier than weed.

:peace:

vaporcloud,

Sahara

VC, do you find you get hangovers from spice? I bought a pack of gold when I was in nz last semester and I noticed a slight "hangover" the next morning after smoking it. It was nothing like an alcohol hangover, but it did seem to give me a slight headache. I stuck to bud while I was there after that.

Sahara,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yeah there is a next day mong especially with Spice Gold. Spice Diamond doesn't seem to have as much of a hangover.

I don't suffer a headahe but do feel the effects the next day. But good herb leaves a lingering buzz the next day so again there are similarities between the too.

vaporcloud,

Auralis

I'm glad this came up, I had a pack of Diamond not too long ago when I was out of bud. Smoked it, and the first day I was absolutely amazed by it. I was a believer right away and was telling my friends all about it. I smoked it a couple more days and then one day I rolled two joints of it. I smoked them both with another guy at a club and got NOTHING. It seems that tolerance builds up real quick to this stuff and it just wouldn't affect me anymore. Really disappointing.

These kinds of "herbal blends" sketch me out pretty bad. They can't really disclose exactly what's in it because they don't want other people to steal their formulas, but god knows what's really in there! It doesn't seem to give me the psychoactive properties of weed either, just the stoned ones.

It's an alright holdover when you're out of bud but since it costs just as much... meh, I'll pass.

Auralis,

Strom Thurmond

vaporcloud said:
DigitalDavinci said:
vc...that is sad man. I'm sorry to hear about your forced tolorance break. You seem to have this problem from time to time.
Its all good DD. I've been vappin the blends in my VG bong and it seems to do the trick. I'm hopeful of some hooter before Christmas but its indicitive of this time of year. I could drive an hour round trip and score some weed but the quantities are small and quality questionable. I'm happy to wait for a zip than fuck around with gram deals :rolleyes: The prices go thru the roof too supply vs demand and all that sort of thing.

It seems like there could be dangerous shit in those blends that you don't know about.
This comes up quite a bit but there is no evidence to support it. I only use the blends for around 2 months of the year and to be honest I find coming off them easier than weed.

:peace:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/spice_product/

On Dec 15, 2008, the city of Frankfurt, Germany, announced the results of analysis they sponsored and reported that the Spice product they tested contained JWH-018.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWH-018

On December 15th 2008, it was announced by German pharmaceutical company THCPharm, that JWH-018 was found as one of the active components in at least one version of the supposedly "herbal" smoking blend, cannabis substitute drug Spice, which has been sold in a number of countries around the world since 2004, because of its legal status and its similarity in effects to marijuana.

I'm just letting everybody know what they're smoking/vaping.

Strom Thurmond,
Reactions: KeroZen

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I only had a quick look but it says they found JWH-018 but I didn't see the actual study and everything else seemed to have the age old words 'could', 'might' and 'likely' :rolleyes: Theres lots of speculation but nothing concret yet.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
wikipedia said:
JWH-018 (1-Pentyl-3-(1-Naphthoyl)Indole) is an analgesic drug from the aminoalkylindole family, which acts as a cannabinoid agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors, with some selectivity for CB2.[1][2][3] It produces effects in animals very similar to those of THC itself, but with a shorter duration of action, and is currently being researched as a potential analgesic to be administered by transdermal patch.[4]

On December 15th 2008, it was announced by German pharmaceutical company THCPharm, that JWH-018 was found as one of the active components in at least one version of the supposedly "herbal" smoking blend, cannabis substitute drug Spice, which has been sold in a number of countries around the world since 2004, because of its legal status and its similarity in effects to marijuana.[5][6][7]
Again this is all that is said but yet no link to the report and nothing about the health implications of having JWH-018 in your system.

There has been speculation that the Spice-alikes contain JWH-018 from the moment they were released back in 2004.

There is no doubt that weed rules but for those that are drug tested on a regular basis or for whatever reason can't afford a criminal record the herbal blends have opened up a new window. Until they get banned. If it can be established without a shadow of a doubt that these blends do contain JW-018 it will enable the lawmakers make it illegal by outlawing JWH-018. Just like BZPs party pills and Salvia.

Will be interesting to see.

vaporcloud,

Auralis

Wow! I'm glad to know that the JWH-018 is what creates that effect! I've been wondering this for months. I still have some Spice left, to be honest knowing that's what did it makes me feel a lot better about the stuff than before. I was really scared that it was some sort of really weird herbal thing (because there are lots of natural substances that are bad for you) but knowing that it's just another synth cannabinoid isn't so bad.

I'm sure it's on the fast-track to being controlled now, though. Bad news for the company.

Edit: I've done a little more research on JWH-018. You can buy this stuff in powder form online, it usually runs about $70 or 50 Euros for 100mg, with the price dropping quite a bit when you buy it in bulk (.5 grams for 89 euros or 10 grams for 500 euros... so quite a bit in bulk savings). It takes anywhere from 3 to 8 mg to get high off this stuff, and it's smoked or vaporized just like weed. Anecdotes around the internet show it to be almost exactly like bud but with a bit more anxiety and less munchies. It contains Naphthalene though, which is known to be carcinogenic.

The main problem with a lot of these synths is that they're so new - nobody knows what long-term effects there are. I'll stick with the tried-and-true, thank you.

Still, it's great to know, finally, what's in Spice.

Auralis,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I've been doing a bit more research and it would seem very probable that JWH-018 is present in the legal blends. I got it confused with HU-210 (whatever that is) which has been proven NOT to be in the Spice-alikes.

But it seems that the effects of JWH-018 mirror many of the different spice brands and ther are some reviews of JWH-018 in cyberspce.

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom