Vaporizing "Spice" Gold/Diamond?

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
John W Huffman is the inventor / discoverer of JWH-018

hipforums said:
Last night I received a sample of JWH-018 (1-Pentyl-3-(1-Naphthoyl)Indole), a new synthetic cannabinoid which is part of the JWH series. JWH stands for John W. Huffman (thanks orison), the guy who synthesized it.

Anyway. The stuff in the bag looked like little reddish-brown clumps (as people who have seen the stuff looks in pictures plastered all over online). As the clumps god smaller, the color got lighter, to light yellow for the smallest clumps. I had no idea how much was in here, but after smoking it I'm pretty sure it was around 10mg's.

So at first I loaded about half the amount onto a bowl with a piece of foil for the screen, little holes poked out around the top, so the burning hot liquid could not be sucked into the pipe. I placed the flame maybe 1 or 2 centimeters from the JWH and inhaled, keeping the flame on it. It soon turned into liquid, and then to vapor. I inhaled a few hits of varying sizes before I really got it down.

After about 5 or 6 hits (the last was pretty big), I put the pipe down. This stuff tastes a lot like DMT, but not as pleasant. Mmm hydrocarbons.... At this point there was no JWH left on the foil. I felt a little buzz, but nothing significant. I gave it a little more time (5 minutes) and it built to being just high. Like if this was all I had I'd be alright with it, but it's not the sort of high (yet) that makes you want to stop.

It was a lot like smoking regs. Or crappy mids. I loaded the rest of what I had onto the pipe, and began hitting it the same way as before. I can finally vaporize shit correctly! After another 6 or so hits (of varying sizes again), I was getting pretty baked. I say baked to mean the equivalent to a couple gravity bong rips of decent mids. Or a bowl/bowl and a half of some mids. I was shocked by how *exactly* this felt like weed. Had I not known what I was smoking I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

There was still some lines of red left in the ripples of the foil but I started to feel that anxiety people seem to talk about with the JWH series. I immediately stopped hitting it. I don't want an anxiety attack. I put it away and assessed the high. I'd say all in all it was pretty much like 2 bowls of mids. Not fantastic mids, or shitty mids, just mids. Maybe with hints of dankness.

The taste was very interesting and I actually liked it. i read that hydrocarbons produce that characteristic taste. Anyone who's smoked pure DMT should have an idea of what JWH tastes like.

It doesn't end there.

Of course being the psychonaut I am, I decided to smoke some weed directly after this. Seeing as how my cannabinoid receptors were already saturated by the JWH, smoking a little weed should make me really high, right? Not really. I loaded a bowl on the gravity bong (a ratchet piece, very small) and ripped away on that. It was done, and I didn't feel any higher. Usually that method takes a couple minutes to kick in so I went back inside and continued to talk to people on AIM and whatnot.

That bowl hit me and I felt nicely baked now. I decided to smoke another (I was a little worried about the anxiety problem, but it never arose). After this second gravity bowl I just felt like I was so stoned I couldn't get any higher, so I gave up. I have been higher than I was at that moment, but I was definitely pretty damn high. I'm sure I looked baked as hell to any observer.

I ate and ate and ate and ate until I finally decided I needed to go to sleep for work today. The JWH on it's own doesn't seem to stimulate appetite the way weed does for me. Weed makes me eat endlessly, and I didn't feel that need when I was only high from the JWH.

So there you have it. A JWH-018 report.

vaporcloud,

Beezleb

Thanks for the info.
seems to resemble wandhash in appearance from the pics. I am tempted to try to get some and try it.

Beezleb,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
You are right it does look a bit like whiphash. (say whiphash fast enough it even sounds like a whip cracking LOL).

The funny thing is they say that too big a dose of JWH-018 can cause severe anxiety attacks. I have also read that a dose of pure THC (no cannabanoids) gets you high as fuck but also produces uncontrollable anxiety so its was thought that the Cannabs helped smooth out the high and produced the euphoria we all love.

NOW My experience with the legal blends is the high is very similar to weed. I have been using the London Underground version called 'Dream' and it has a high that IMO is even closer to weed than the Spices Gold (SG) and Diamond (SD). Its very energetic and does give a nice euphoric lift. But like the other legals it misses the all over glow you get from MJ. It also misses the munches (just like JWH-018) but the one thing that is different is, the high with most of these legal blends lasts a lot longer than MJ. Which goes against the theory that the JWH-018 high is short acting.

Perhaps the herbal extracts potentiate the JWH-018 in the blends producing the long duration high and helping balance out the anxiety often associated with JWH-018.

vaporcloud,

Beezleb

Im not really in a financial spot to justify spending the money to order some right now, but when that changes if its still legal im gonna try it. I like the aspect that it may not come up on a piss test and the thought of no munchies is interesting. The anxiety thing is a concern but I think if it can kept in check it may be workable.

Beezleb,

Volcano South

vaporcloud said:
The funny thing is they say that too big a dose of JWH-018 can cause severe anxiety attacks. I have also read that a dose of pure THC (no cannabanoids) gets you high as fuck but also produces uncontrollable anxiety so its was thought that the Cannabs helped smooth out the high and produced the euphoria we all love.
I watched 'Should I Smoke Dope?' on BBC Two the other day. As to not spoil the whole thing (you should watch it, I don't agree some of the views or 'doctor' testimonials, but...) a lady was injected in a lab setting with pure THC. She said it was absolutely horrible. The conclusion was CBNs are necessary for what we as patients or enthusiasts find enjoyable.

Volcano South,

Volcano South

On a side note, where could one purchase the JWH-018? I've got some friends who are much more adventurous than I am who would be extremely interested in the purchase of a new RC.

Volcano South,

Volcano South

Wow. Pretty expensive. $123 for a half gram. I know that's like 50 doses or whatever, but jeez.

Volcano South,

dsal1

Vapor Cloud

What site did you get the
Spice Gold, Spice Diamond,Sense,Dream and Aroma

dsal1,

rotax

Zaporist
dsal1 said:
And who sells it to the USA
i looked all over for sg (or diamond) online that would either sell to us or resides in the US, couldnt find any that had any stock.

i tried smoke xxx and zohai rx after watching some reviews on you tube reguarding it.

first time smoking the zohai was VERY intense, and it did actually freak me out a bit.
the smoke was very harsh and very dense, didnt take much at all to get blitzed.
like most of these legals, the high was not the SAME as MJ, but similar in some effects.

i enjoy the Smoke XXX a lot more, much more mellow and more MJ feeling over the zohai.
the smoke was not nearly as harsh either.

the "smoke xxx" is much more enjoyable in taste and in effect for me, calmer feeling, doesn't come on like a truck!

the zohai rx will definately get you blazed, and quick, but i did feel some signs of anxiety (and almost fear) during the initial effects until i got comfy with them..

btw, i got these both from: http://buylegalherbs.com/Smoke_XXX.asp was actually pretty quick too.
i was lookin at also trying pep spice, have read some decent reviews on it as well.
they do have london underground listed (dream), but the pages doesn't seem to load, another thats spose to produce effects..
on another note, maybe the zohai SX would be a lil mellower..i just wasn't expecting to get much of a result at all (like past legal herb blends i've tried).. but was quite surprised..

again..good ole illegal herb is still a lot better, in basically every aspect. :p so if u have good sources for that..stick to it imo.

i have a DBV inbound and will try to vape them both and see how that goes.

rotax,
Top Bottom