Vaporizing Jamaican herbs + (pax questions)

ehakim

I'm going to Jamaica in a couple weeks and I'm trying to decide wether or not It's a good idea to bring a vape with me and if that type of brown seedy herb you get in the Caribbean is even worth trying to vaporize. I'm not totally adverse to combustion but I'm thinking of picking up a pax to bring along with to just hit away on the beach low key. On the note of the pax, I hear they get pretty dirty rather quick, will it be possible to ISo wash it out completly so I don't need to worry about it in my luggage. Thanks ahead of time!! :)

ehakim,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I brought a Cera with me earlier this year ... I wouldn't bring a Pax (or I'd leave it there after it's been used ...)

The Jamaican herb won't vape like what you're used to, but it definitely works (if you vape constantly you'll get a mild buzz ...)

ehakim

So would you say in your opinion it's not worth it to bring a vaporizer? When you went how often did you smoke? Any recommendations on vaporizer worth buying to bring? My solo could easily be cleaned to travel but it's not very stealthy and bring the mflb is out of question. I feel like conducticion heating would work better for the type of stuff they have down there

ehakim,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I used a Cera Loose Leaf, and it was worth it as I hate the taste of combustion (although I did resort to smoking some joints at the beach bar as I would have looked pretty funny puffing away on a Cera ... I was with my family and have 2 pretty young kids so I have to be somewhat discrete)

I vaped (or smoked if I couldn't make it back to my room balcony) about every 2 hours. I never got really high but kept a mild buzz on at pretty much all times which was enough so that I felt normal and could function normally vs being a mess going without my medication for a week ... at night before bed I would sit there and vape for an hour or so straight and get medicated enough to sleep decent, but it took some work)

The Solo would work, but if airport security decides to really go to town on it ... short of taking it apart and cleaning out the insides with ISO, I'd be concerned. The Cera core could be boiled, soaked in alcohol, flamed ... and the body is 100% accessible to all areas and can easily be wiped down and is 100% out of the vapor path anyways (which is why I felt comfortable bringing it).

Although my Solo, or Inhalater, can be cleaned so they look clean on the surface, I don't think I'd want to bring them through border security.

ehakim

Ya that really would be terrible end to a vacation if they decide to go through my luggage, I guess my next best would be a vapor genie, ill be taking a hit on the discreetness factor but the metal ones can be totally soaked in ISO and worse case scenario I leave it since they're inexpensive.

ehakim,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah ... that'll work. As long as there are no traces of cannabis on it you can claim it's for tobacco use (stick to your story and don't budge ... your word against theirs); it's worth mentioning that Jamaica's probably generally speaking going to turn a blind eye to such things I would expect ... if they started busting everyone for trace amounts of cannabis or paraphernalia then they would be busting a quarter of their tourists most likely based on my observations of tourist behavior in regards to cannabis on the resorts :) ... there's gotta' be a pretty large percentage of people flying back from Jamaica with flecks of cannabis all over their clothes, luggage, stuff, ..., if one looks close enough (and when opening many peoples suitcases the border agents have gotta' be pretty much assaulted by the strong odor of cannabis left on the clothes! :lol:)

JCat,

Meghan

Just chiming in to agree that once the Pax has a session, it will never be completely clean again. Even after a thorough cleaning session with iso, mine has minor brown stains in the oven that never seem to go away.

Top Bottom