Vaporizing Hash

Psychonautics

Yes, works best if your crumble it first to increase the surface area in which you can vape the hash.
This increasing of surface area is also vital to keeping screen cloggage to a minimum when the hash liquidizes before vaporizing (will be a lot worse if you attempt vaping a whole piece at once).

Psychonautics,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Higher for sure. I don't even like hash in a regular convection vape like my extreme. I'd rather hot knife it or titanium plate it any day. Hash is already so high in THC you're not combusting much plany matter anyways. If you are going to do it in the vape though it helps to break it up into tiny pieces. More surface are = faster vaporization. You'll find that hash takes a very llong time to vaporize and it can get quite tedious.

bluntfaced,

lepstadder

If you are going to do it in the vape though it helps to break it up into tiny pieces. More surface are = faster vaporization.
exactly true.

Kif works great.

I just turn the vape up pretty high when i use hash

lepstadder,

Xero

Pseudonymous said:
Hash destroys pot in a vaporizer in terms of yield.
Could you please explain this a little more for me. Does it just make it harder to draw through?

Xero,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Well, think about what hash is, it's pretty well just pressed trichomes. A gram of hash is always way more potent than a gram of equal quality pot. The only thing that would make it hard to draw is blocking the screen.

Pseudonymous,

the electrician

Yea this guys not wrong. I had some pressed dry sift, not actual hash as such, in there and it just lasted forever, and gave a huge hit every single time.

Oils or other concentrates I would definitely leave for a plate o something.

the electrician,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
i own da buddha and have been vaporizing hashish ( charas as we call it in india, google it you will find enough information ) ......

Now my question is what is the ideal temperature / knob position for vaporizing hashish ?
How can i tell when the all the thc has vaporized since hashish is black initially even before vaporizing ?

audiodelic,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Loose resin glands vaporize very well on a bed of herbs.

When pressed together into hash, hand rubbed or otherwise, vaporizing them becomes a matter of surface area. You need to expose as much as possible-- if you just leave it in chunks, only the outside layer will be exposed to the heat.

One way to do this is to shave off layers as thin as possible using a razor, knife or small rasp. A slightly higher temperature than you would use for straight herb can help, but exposing surface area is key.

Note: Just merged a bunch of hash threads.

vtac,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Nice to see such an active forum firstly ....... :D

This is exactly what im vaporizing ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charas

But vaping has been awesome when i used to smoke the night before i would get a bad burn out the next morning with vaping im fresh as a bird in the morning. The amount of hash used is also so little that its turning out to be very economical and efficient.

In da buddha ..... what i do is pinch the charas as small as possible as this is not the dry type of stuff but soft and sticky type of charas. Im turning the knob 50% to 60% getting pretty good hits but the thing is the smallest bowls are lasting for so long, i have noticed that it crumbles to powder after a period of time does that mean its done ?

audiodelic,

hereatlast

Wow audio if that charas is what you're getting I'm jealous! :ko:

It's a good sign its breaking down into powder cause that means your getting more surface area exposed but they're might be a little left in that powder, can't hurt to try.

hereatlast,

NathanBlades

vtac said:
Rockwise said:
Hashish, depending on its consistency, works very well in the Extreme also~ just be patient and experiment with pre-warming the bowls for tasty thick hash vapor hits
Looks like you'll have to try this when you get your Extreme! ;)
I made a bit o hash and tryed vapin it in the extream i made tiny balls and spred it in with the weed. I noticed i had to use a higher heat than normal around 210-245C, maybe even 250C. Normaly i vape weed from 160-200C.

NathanBlades,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
hereatlast said:
Wow audio if that charas is what you're getting I'm jealous! :ko:

It's a good sign its breaking down into powder cause that means your getting more surface area exposed but they're might be a little left in that powder, can't hurt to try.
the hash is pretty nice india is world famous for it after all ..... but what you should be jealous of is the price here, i pay around $10 for about 10 grams of this stuff and you obviously imagine know how long 10 grams of hash with a vape would last ..... :peace::D:peace:

audiodelic,

Raf007

Retailer
hi there,
posting here, coz I want to help a friend to buy his first vape and I am looking for a good vape for ashish (not kief).
So thx for the reviews !

As far as my xp goes, the volcano works well with hash.

No need to put a layer of weed/abv.
The only down side, is you have to wait for the hash to be cold to take it out without living too much trace on the screen (put in the freezer for a few min).
The second down side, would be the air/vapor ration of the Cano and the third one the price.

Raf007,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Raf007 said:
hi there,
posting here, coz I want to help a friend to buy his first vape and I am looking for a good vape for ashish (not kief).
So thx for the reviews !

As far as my xp goes, the volcano works well with hash.

No need to put a layer of weed/abv.
The only down side, is you have to wait for the hash to be cold to take it out without living too much trace on the screen (put in the freezer for a few min).
The second down side, would be the air/vapor ration of the Cano and the third one the price.
To me the better hash vaporisers are the SSV and Glass VG. Both can easily be pushed past the normal vaporising temps and will give great results with hash. GVG with a torch means nice hits in 5 seconds , no pre warming needed.

Skunkypete,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
im planning on buying a VG for outdoor/portable use. Is the VG well suited for hash hits ?

Also wondering for majorly hashish/charas what should be my second electronic one .... SSV ? How much different is the SSV from Da Buddha ? Or should i be looking at any other one ?

audiodelic,

Beezleb

"Pressed hash" is working pretty well with a thin layer of herb with Zephyr at 395. I get about the same amount of bags but the end result is nicely amplified.

Beezleb,

Raf007

Retailer
ok, thx SkunkyPete.
And why does the SSV would be better than a Q for ex ?
(hashish wise)
GVG is alas out of the equation coz way to fragile, and combustion is too easy, especially for someone who, right now, never tried vaping.

At first I was directing him toward either a Q or DBV/SSV, but even if I never tried one of these I feel like the Q is a better investment for a vapor newbie. (Or an Ion, but never tried one these either and those need an electricity convertor ;) )
The Q Feels more easy to handle, and to get use to vapor, and harder to reach combustion.
Isn't it ?

About the VG, If you don't consider putting an under layer of weed/abv, the sreen is gonna be a pain in the ass to clean, and you'll have to wait for the bowl to cool down totally to do another bowl because as long it's hot you hash is going to melt in the screen when being removed.

Personaly the weed layer is maybe nice, but it's not a solution as people who smoke hash in france do that because they don't find weed and weed is twice the price.

Beezleb, the Ion would do it without that layer ?

Raf007,

Beezleb

I dont think you can just say "hash" in a generic term as their are different type of hash from blond to sticky to gooey and as such.

Raf007, I am certain you could but I do not want to do it by itself due to the issue of me wanting to limit small particles going through the under screen and needing me to clean sooner than later. Keep in mind, I am only using "kief created into pressed hash" and not like a bubble hash or other type. When I lived in Europe the different types of hash was mind blowing.

It has been many years since I lived in Europe and even longer since I was familiar with your part of France so take the following with a grain of salt. If what I recall is accurate and still similar than you are probably getting hash that we called building block or cabin log hash because it reminded us of those toys. Brown to black pressed hash average quality to slightly moist to rock hard hash typically from Morocco to Afghanistan and the like areas. If what you get is and use is like that than the Q and Ion would be fine I think but perhaps it might need to be broken up regular between bags or draws if your using the direct method. Currently the Ion does not have the option for direct draw but its nearly ready I think but I surmise it would be similar to Q.

If I as going to select a vaporizer I would first consider the wand vaporizers like the Vrip and herborizer, also there are some exciting wand vaporizers currently in development if I understand correctly. Since your in France I would check out the wand vaporizer, the Herborizer which is a French Vaporizer I believe.

The reason for this and the reason people tend to recommend a direct draw vaporizer over a bag vaporizer for hash is several reasons. 1st, most people have more experience with the direct draw vaporizers and will speak on what they know for the most part. 2nd is mainstream direct draw vaporizers can generally achieve higher temperatures generally associated with hash use and depending on the type of hash used a direct draw vaporizer may be more user friendly depending on the angle.

You could easily use the ION with pressed hash but I would not use with bubble hash or anything that will melt/sizzle/drain like. I imagine this is true with any bag vaporizer due to the position of the vaporizer.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom