Vaporization Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatobass

Hi guys! Just post to introduce myself and speak about my situation to know if i'm doing the right choice.
I'm french 25y old and smoke since 10 years now.
I had my 2nd pneumothorax (so it required lung surgery) in october and decided to stop smoking(but doctors said my lungs were pretty good for a 10 year smoker).
Taste and high of herb miss me pretty much. And i heard about vaporization.
It is not very known in france : Volcano , Vapir , herbalaire and national Herborizer are the only model wich french shop sells.
So thx to you, thx to this Forum to allow me make a true choice , with true review( lots of french forum loves Vapir products).

I'm personaly looking for my first Vaporizer. I need it to be affordable , effective , and quit portable and unbreakable( wanna use it in good friends partys).
So after reading lots of post , it seems like the Purple Days is the right choice.
I'd like to try Balloons and have a good whip Vap later so i'll maybe get an extreme or an herbalaire( if you have some advice).
In case of i become pretty rich , i ll maybe prefer to buy a Volcano and a SSV(but maybe Volcano really don't worse it: advice welcome as well).
Anyway Thanx again to webmasters , admin and all users.
And please excuse my pretty bad english :uhoh:

potatobass,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
dont worry about your english, your message gets through clear enough ;)

i think you have a really good choice with the pd, its small, portable, and efficient, but i dont really think it would be that good at parties, its more of a personal/ small group vape

for bag,s most on this forum prefer the extreme, and im inclined to agree with them, the all glass air path and ceramic heater are great for tasty hits, the volcano has a lot of plastic, and the air travels over all the electronic components inside, not to mention the aluminum heating bloc (which most likely isnt hazardous at vaping temps, but ceramic is better)
not to mention with the extreme you get the option of using the whip and you can turn on the fan and let the vape do the work for you

whatever choice you make though, it will be a good one, because you decided to take the time and research before falling into a bad vaporizer purchase (like vapir)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

potatobass

Whoa ! what a quick reply! Thx Acolyte!
OK so the 'cano really seems to don't worth it! Anyway i'll buy the PD to my first experience , but as a noob i'm wondering about a few thing:
Isn't Vapor too hot for beginners? in that case , could i plug a silicone whip on it ? (I have acess to free unused medical device: hospital gonna throw it to the garbage )
If i had acess to a "high temperature-instant-portable" thermometer, could i used it with a smoke bubble and a candle as a good portable solution? looks like a crack pipe , most of these products have plastic parts wich i don't really trust but maybe i'm wrong :| .
About partys don't worry: my friends love combustion(as i did before my lungs problem) and they just gonna want to try it sometimes(hopefully it gonna convince them to vaporize with their own!;))
Good news, tomorow morning i'll call my bank: if my account isn't negative , i'll put my bucks in a PD next monday, i'll keep you guys in touch of my first feeling about vaporizing!

potatobass,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
welcome potatobass! I think you've made a great choice in the Purple Days (PD). I would suggest starting there and taking it slow. Don't worry about modifications yet. Just get one and learn to use it and enjoy it. I'm sure that after some use you will find things you can do to make it better for yourself.

I also suggest posting any PD specific questions you have in the PD thread, as you will get quick, knowledgeable answers from people who either own one or make it.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
So after reading lots of post , it seems like the Purple Days is the right choice.
Right you are potatobass (where did you come up with that user name :lol: , from the 'grouper' fish?). Just yesterday I recommended the PD to someone in Brazil who had bought a Vapir Oxygen Mini. After the 90 day warranty expired, so did the digital display. :/ I told him the PD would give him no problems. There's just very little that can go wrong with this vape. I bet there hasn't been a single failure since they went into production.

Isn't Vapor too hot for beginners?
It depends on the person, but even with the short 8 cm distance between your lips and the PD heat exchanger, we've heard no complaints of excessive heat. Yes you can add some tubing. It just has to be a large enough diameter to go over the tip of the vapor tube. Hard draws deliver quite a bit of heat, so slow hits are the easy answer to avoiding too much heat.

Good news, tomorow morning i'll call my bank: if my account isn't negative , i'll put my bucks in a PD next monday, i'll keep you guys in touch of my first feeling about vaporizing!
Be sure to email Tom ASAP- info@purple-days.com, so you can get setup for a quick shipment. He'll give you a shipping discount to make up for the AC adapter you'll need to buy. He'll also give you the exact specifications for the adapter.

Do let us know how you like it. I should say 'how much', because everyone that buys it, likes it. ;) You need not apologize for your English. We already have long time members (marcuss and Clear_Dome) using English as a 2nd language. CD will be happy to have another French speaker on the forum, I'm sure.

I envy your location in 'Herboland'. If I lived there I think I'd already be a happy owner of the Herborizer Sphere or Tube. :drool:

max,

potatobass

I envy your location in 'Herboland'. If I lived there I think I'd already be a happy owner of the Herborizer Sphere or Tube.
It still a little expensive for me but if someday i decide to travel to north america , i ll let people on the forum know, and ship it for free!
Anyway , i hope i'll be able to try it.
Do you think their cheapest models are set at a good temperature(190C)?
As they are built in glass, they are not for a clumsy guy like me(especialy when i get high :lol: ).

potatobass,

max

Out to lunch
Do you think their cheapest models are set at a good temperature(190C)?
marcuss has said in the past that the standard version works well, but I think he prefers the XL.

As they are built in glass, they are not for a clumsy guy like me(especialy when i get high).
That would concern me too. I would need a padded room.

I think you'll be very happy with the PD-very efficient, easy to use, stealth-it's an oil diffuser, and very enjoyable hits for such a small bowl. Most experienced vaporists usually settle on the direct draw method for vapor enjoyment.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: potatobass!

Congratulations on quitting smoking (cigarettes too, I'm assuming) and discovering vapor! Get ready to taste herb like never before.

I'm personaly looking for my first Vaporizer. I need it to be affordable , effective , and quit portable and unbreakable( wanna use it in good friends partys).
Sounds like you picked the best possible vape then. It actually does work great passed around in a group, that is if you can stand to see all those strange hands on it. :D:ninja:

Your English is great, very easy to understand. That said, if you feel more comfortable in French for something: Bonjour a tous les vaporist francais !!

:cheers:

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom