Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Omicron can, with a lower resistance cart (1.5 rather than2.4 ohm) give huge hits, but they are dependent on the "feed" of the oil/wax, and do slow down on draw ability after a time, as the carts wear down.
I feel that this would be an unfair comparison, because the omicron is dealing with a gram of oil being vaped over time. Some Omicron hits are huge, if you have your technique down.
The Dabbler gives a new fresh hit every time, and delivers it hot, so overall, it does give more vapor at once from a fresh dab.
The inconvenience of reloading the dab every few hits is rewarded by thicker hits.
These tools are not the same thing presented differently... they serve separate functions, so comparison is unbalanced.

* News Flash
I am in possesion of the Dabber spare Heater I needed to begin testing out cleaning up a well used coil.
Mind you... the coil still produces good tasting vapor.
Pictures and comments later~

arrr

Are any retailers just selling the cart not the cart and battery?

arrr,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Just bought one today. I love it! I really hope the makers are right when they insist that this thing is medically safe from contaminants. The vapor is thick! Almost like a dab! More on this little wonder tomorrow!

By the way the fibers felt like soft hairs. My errl was soo sticky it picked off some of these white hairs.now I'm using a torch to gently heat and drip the errl onto the coil. I know Vito said his coil is still looking fine but has he noticed the fibers coming off when sticky wax is touching it.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Ok so after using this thing extensively for 24hours I can extol this thing. But if u don't want to read it all just know that this thing really is a portable dabbing device. I don't know how the cera does with oil from personal experience but I think from the video demonstrations I seen that this pen is probably better!

First off. I have a omicron and that is it. Never used any other vape pen with a similar coil so maybe the gpen/cloud gives similar performance to this thing and I just don't know that.

Secondly I paid 135$ at my Lhs. It was a ripoff but convenience has its perks and pains.

Ok so the piece itself looks cheap. The mouthpiece has bits of excess plastic from the molding process still on it. Not an issue but design quality does mean something to vape enthusiasts. The screw channels for the upper half of the pen look weak too. I noticed towards the fifth session that these channels could easily strip the other channels if screwed incorrectly in a rush. The bottom half piece looks more good. Nice finish and the matte black cover on the pen also felt nice and gives a good grip. I love the case that it comes with. This is portable to the max.

Now for performance, this thing is amazing! My omicron never gives me the kinda pulls this baby does. I know people say technique matters with the omicron but with this baby you get massive dab like clouds. I don't know if a gpen or other similarly designed coil pen vapes offer similar performance. But if they do then maybe I'm being too kind with this review. But this thing really gives great clouds and a clean taste. I never knew such performance could be had from a pen vape.

All in all, first impression of this baby is great. But I seriously doubt the heating coil will last long. I guess the price reflects that?

NYC5IKH5jabi,
Reactions: Vitolo

VapeSpace

Are any retailers just selling the cart not the cart and battery?

Looks like VaporWarehouse has both the stainless and black heaters on their site.
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporbrothers-dabbler-heater-black.html
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporbrothers-dabbler-heater-stainless.html

Wow, Vitolo you sure have given us some very thorough reviews and pictures so far. Looking forward to hearing what else you discover about this little vape. Keep up the great informative posts.

VapeSpace,
Reactions: arrr

Vitolo

Vaporist
You will be surprised at the heaters durability.
I just finished a 16 day test.. I used the Dabbler heavily daily, until the heater was thick and dirty in appearance. The taste was still clean, but I only used clean waxes.
Here is my refreshing technique.
I said I would only use single drops, but resorted after time to a tea bag technique... agitating the coil in a puddle of 99% Iso.
After I felt things were as clean as I could get them in a reasonable time, I blotted well.... waited a minute, and depressed the button to sizzle away any Iso remaining...
and then I did a hit without adding wax.
I did the hit to taste the remaining oils that were hopefully thinner and refreshed, and I found that the taste was clear (tasted like the Sour Diesel crumble wax I had been using).
While the wicking material stayed dark, the strands were now visible from outside the coils... also visible now as coils once again.
Fresh dab tasted, and ... the draw is refreshed to new, and there is fresher flavor..
I have eliminated any minor slowdown in draw, and the hits are fresher than before.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Vito--Big thanks for the vid!! Wonder if that would work for the microG,cloud,trippy stix,710 carts as well?
It seems VB have put together a pretty nice concentrate pen. This was on my short list for portables until my 2nd rear end collision(neither one my fault) medical bills are taking any "play" money I had. Now that you can buy the extra cartridges(and clean them too), this seems like a no brainer to add to the mobile concentrate arsenal. Good enough for Vito, good enough for me!

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Vitolo

NYC5IKH5jabi

After more uses I am certain the white fibers are some type of cloth and definitely not glass rods or glass of any kind. It has started to come off in bits and pieces and I have purchased a new heater because performance is starting to decrease after the fifth day.

Heater cost me 25

NYC5IKH5jabi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have taken samples of this wicking material.
While I found the term "Glass Rods" to be a "spin" on things, it is not cloth.
The strands I have taken do not ignite or support combustion.
Quality of the refined BHO will make a difference in the deterioration of flavor and of performance.
Maintenance is a must.
Back to the "Glass Rods"...
the samples I took are Silica strands (super thin glass-like threads).
They do not burn..
if heated with a torch, they melt.
Not cloth.
Silica strand wicking material.
*note
Going on 19 days and performance has not decreased.
When it begins to decrease, I tidy things up, and with oral suction I ascertain that flow is as it was on day one.

I have a new Heater sitting here, but have not felt the need to try it yet as flavor is still wonderful.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Anyone tried a Revolution on this thing?? The battery on this baby seems to be solid, and wouldnt it work with the LV Rev? 510, 3.7v...

NYC5IKH5jabi

This
Anyone tried a Revolution on this thing?? The battery on this baby seems to be solid, and wouldnt it work with the LV Rev? 510, 3.7v...
this battery is great! Hasn't run out on me yet. This thing gets heavy use and yet I don't charge every day

NYC5IKH5jabi,

NYC5IKH5jabi

I have taken samples of this wicking material.
While I found the term "Glass Rods" to be a "spin" on things, it is not cloth.
The strands I have taken do not ignite or support combustion.
Quality of the refined BHO will make a difference in the deterioration of flavor and of performance.
Maintenance is a must.
Back to the "Glass Rods"...
the samples I took are Silica strands (super thin glass-like threads).
They do not burn..
if heated with a torch, they melt.
Not cloth.
Silica strand wicking material.
*note
Going on 19 days and performance has not decreased.
When it begins to decrease, I tidy things up, and with oral suction I ascertain that flow is as it was on day one.

I have a new Heater sitting here, but have not felt the need to try it yet as flavor is still wonderful.

So I tried reading up on the silica material.
It's sounds somewhat reliable as the poster works in air particle danger assessment etc. (silica is in concrete etc)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/377764-dangers-silica-wicks.html

So would vapor bros please let us know what kind of silica this is. Amorphous or crystalline?

NYC5IKH5jabi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Your wick, encased by contact with oils, and covered in oil vapor, can not release particles.
particles also can not travel the length of the mouthpiece, or make it through the top perforated plate, also coated in oil.
:horse:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The gentlemans pen....
I am looking into an atomizer now, and it appears to be made of woven metal (resembles steel wool).. called "nichrome".
It looks, feels exactly the same as the atomizer's heater in my wife's e-cig.

ArchVape

Princess of the Biscotti Republic
the GV hash v2 are shitty..they are just 3.0ohmz vision SS 510 unsealed/debridge/dewick atomizers. the Coil wire is nichrome. The vaporbrother coil wire is Kanthal wire. Both are use in dentist both are use for tooth filling. I have not tested the resist of the vaporbrother coil. But the vaporbrother design is called a Imist atmoizer redsign by vaporbrothers. Imist his been around for about 2years they are made by Biansi.

I hate to share!

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
So I tried reading up on the silica material.
It's sounds somewhat reliable as the poster works in air particle danger assessment etc. (silica is in concrete etc)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/377764-dangers-silica-wicks.html

So would vapor bros please let us know what kind of silica this is. Amorphous or crystalline?

Hello, I might write a big old thing about this because I've been around this issue for years, but I'm hoping to distill it down. And definitely, I know and feel the same worry about cheap shit getting into my lungs. Sorry for the brevity and a bit of sarcasm but you're welcome! :)

• Glass is an amorphous material containing silica. Silica is present in all glass (except polymers/plastic "glass"), along with powdered foods, dust, diatomaceous earth, toothpaste, cosmetics, dietary supplements, and 80% of the earth's surface. Amorphous silica poses no danger for silicosis, which takes a few decades of chronic inhalation of crystalline silica to develop. It would be very hard to develop silicosis if you aren't a career miner, stone cutter, or ceramicist.

• The wicks in Dabblers and high end e-pens are made of scientific glass because that's the only inert substance that is durable enough for the job. Scientific glass is also called Borosilicate. Your pipe, water pipe, vaporizer, most powdered foods, and 80% of all materials on earth contain silica in one form or another. If your vaporizer does not contain silica, you're likely to be inhaling metal ions instead and that's not a good taste.

• Actual silica glass aka quartz is a high purity substance that is expensive and incredibly hard to process.

• You can't avoid silica, anywhere, ever. You can try to avoid exposure to crystalline silica although it's more of a lifestyle change over decades that will make a difference- like quitting your industry.

This is all not to discount that you shouldn't be breathing the dust of scientific glass, or taking in any broken glass, such as from a broken pipe. But keeping things in perspective, you need a lot of exposure to make a difference.

NYC5IKH5jabi

d
the GV hash v2 are shitty..they are just 3.0ohmz vision SS 510 unsealed/debridge/dewick atomizers. the Coil wire is nichrome. The vaporbrother coil wire is Kanthal wire. Both are use in dentist both are use for tooth filling. I have not tested the resist of the vaporbrother coil. But the vaporbrother design is called a Imist atmoizer redsign by vaporbrothers. Imist his been around for about 2years they are made by Biansi.

I hate to share!
You da man!

NYC5IKH5jabi,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Y
Hello, I might write a big old thing about this because I've been around this issue for years, but I'm hoping to distill it down. And definitely, I know and feel the same worry about cheap shit getting into my lungs. Sorry for the brevity and a bit of sarcasm but you're welcome! :)

• Glass is an amorphous material containing silica. Silica is present in all glass (except polymers/plastic "glass"), along with powdered foods, dust, diatomaceous earth, toothpaste, cosmetics, dietary supplements, and 80% of the earth's surface. Amorphous silica poses no danger for silicosis, which takes a few decades of chronic inhalation of crystalline silica to develop. It would be very hard to develop silicosis if you aren't a career miner, stone cutter, or ceramicist.

• The wicks in Dabblers and high end e-pens are made of scientific glass because that's the only inert substance that is durable enough for the job. Scientific glass is also called Borosilicate. Your pipe, water pipe, vaporizer, most powdered foods, and 80% of all materials on earth contain silica in one form or another. If your vaporizer does not contain silica, you're likely to be inhaling metal ions instead and that's not a good taste.

• Actual silica glass aka quartz is a high purity substance that is expensive and incredibly hard to process.

• You can't avoid silica, anywhere, ever. You can try to avoid exposure to crystalline silica although it's more of a lifestyle change over decades that will make a difference- like quitting your industry.

This is all not to discount that you shouldn't be breathing the dust of scientific glass, or taking in any broken glass, such as from a broken pipe. But keeping things in perspective, you need a lot of exposure to make a difference.
You made a very nice product! I am thoroughly enjoying it. Battery life has been great!

NYC5IKH5jabi,

ArchVape

porous ceramic wick is what i believe is the best way togo for a wicking. They are use in high end Rebuildable atmoizer and the thermovape Dart/AVA/Revolution core. Now they also using them in healthstone glass... I also notice that they are use in salt/fresh water fish filter pump systems.

A lot of info on them on youtube and RBA fourms. They are pretty cheap too. The only problem I have with them is that they have less surface area for the coil to heat up becuase they are porous a lot of holes and it takes more time for the wick to get oxidized. Once oxidized it wicks like a champ and you can dry burn porous ceramic w/o problems at all no change in flavor. which mades it super easy to clean. JUst torch it.

BTW: Everyone likes the omicron carts and they use Silica wick but noone compalins about it besides the flavor is off. Mainly because folks can't see the wick. heheh :p

FC 2000 Porous Cermaic Wicks 1/8"
CW18-2.jpg

Bokojama

Would you guys recommend this pen over the Atmos or Gentleman's for concentrates? How do they compare? I've been shopping around for a while now and still don't know which concentrate pen to buy >_<

Bokojama,

ArchVape

Would you guys recommend this pen over the Atmos or Gentleman's for concentrates? How do they compare? I've been shopping around for a while now and still don't know which concentrate pen to buy >_<

I have a Atmos nail, Atmosthermo wax atomizer, Gpen, microgpen, GV hash oil v2 atmoizer and a cloud they all shitty compare to Vaporbrothers. VB use better materials but all have kind of the same design. Biggest problem with silica wick is that get messy fast with wax and usally after afew weeks taste like reclaim. They can be clean but will be less effective over time. Vaporbrothers works good. So far last longer then others in taste department.

My favorite is THermovape Revolution/dart on a Vamo v2 VV/VW mod @10 watts

Bokojama

I have a Atmos nail, Atmosthermo wax atomizer, Gpen, microgpen, GV hash oil v2 atmoizer and a cloud they all shitty compare to Vaporbrothers. VB use better materials but all have kind of the same design. Biggest problem with silica wick is that get messy fast with wax and usally after afew weeks taste like reclaim. They can be clean but will be less effective over time. Vaporbrothers works good. So far last longer then others in taste department.

My favorite is THermovape Revolution/dart on a Vamo v2 VV/VW mod @10 watts

Thanks for the information! I think I'm going to pick this pen up sometime soon. Have you tried the Omicron cartridges yet? I was about to get that pen but then I was kinda bothered by how they're loaded.

Bokojama,
Top Bottom