• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well if it wasn't VB's name involved i would never post this :D .. Hope they share some info..
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporbrothers-vape-pen-black.html
vaporbrothers-dabbler-black.jpg

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Yes!! This is our pen solution for 2013! More about it below. Now, we've also been working diligently on another device that is stupidly intense, but you'll hear about that one soon as I can make it presentable. OK back to the Dabbler:

Dabbler is:

An hand loadable vapor pen optimized for waxes. Flowers are possible if you insert a 3/8" screen.

Made for us by Vape-Pen Inc. a very trusty outfit that consults & builds for some high end vapor companies and has been making his own vapor pen since 2007.

Backed by our warranty, i.e. 90 days on the components (that are not used) and 1 year on the battery.

Available through Vapor Warehouse :) http://bit.ly/UEObyN

Incredibly easy to use. Dab directly onto the coil. No waiting for stuff to drip down...

Battery lasts... well, in 3 weeks of daily use my dab expert still hasn't drained his. Simply, Vape-Pen picked the most expensive lithium for his battery.

Not finicky and fussy, although the heating element does get thrashed especially if you have very sticky stuff or clean it too much (I'll make a 5 pack or something soon)

Mid priced at $99 / website price. We don't want you to cough up $200.

Ceramic bowl, stainless steel type 316. No aluminum, no plastic.

Hits strong immediately.

Heater runs dry without burning out. Not recommended, but again... 3 weeks of solid use and no burnouts on us yet.

Charger is built in so you can use any mini USB cord to charge. You can still vape while charging.

Runs a full 10 seconds before going into battery protection mode, which shuts down the device for (only) 2 seconds.

Microprocessor control monitors temperature and timing.

510 threading on the battery matches other pens, like 710 pen although we HIGHLY don't recommend inhaling from plastic.

Costs $100 less than a particular other pen that clogged on us one last time and got tossed.

Warranted and serviced by Vaporbrothers.

That's it for now-- I will definitely need to come back and answer questions, edit some, etc. Plus, get these more in stock. We sold out in the first 3 hours. Vaporwarehouse has the most right now. :) Yay to good news from Vaporbrothers and yay to the new vapor pen for 2013!!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Awesome VB!!! Just will paste some info update from vaporware house
vaporbrothers-dabbler-filigree.jpg
21684_10151445305147138_1473149228_n.jpg

Contents of the Dabbler by Vape-Pen, Vaporbrothers Portable Vaporizer kit:

Battery with Built-In Charger
Heating Core
Stainless Steel Cone
Mouthpiece
Pick Tool
Mini USB Adapter
Case

The Vaporbrothers Dabbler Warranty

Dabbler battery is backed by a 1 year warranty. All other parts are covered for 90 days. Warranty applies to factory defects only. No used parts are covered by the warranty except the battery. If you believe you have a defective product, please contact Vaporbrothers directly.

Congratulations for choosing the next generation Dabbler!

This instruction manual should get you on your way to vaporizing in no time. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need assistance. Vaporbrothers provides the sales and support for the Dabbler and backs all parts with a no-hassle warranty. Enjoy your new Dabbler Vapor Pen!
The Dabbler™ is an electronic dabbing device which employs special temperature and timing control circuitry to assure a superior vaporization experience. The advanced microcontroller is paired up with a high-capacity rechargeable lithium ion battery to provide over 400 uses on a single charge. Every material used in the Dabbler’s construction is of the highest quality, from the surgical stainless steel, to the ceramic heating chamber.
Our team is excited to share this new creation with you, the cutting edge connoisseurs of herbal supplements.
Where to Get Help:
Send all questions to Vaporbrothers support department or VaporWarehouse and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Dabbler battery is backed by a 1 year warranty. All other parts are covered for 90 days. Warranty applies to factory defects only. No used parts are covered by the warranty except the battery. If you believe you have a defective product, please contact Vaporbrothers.
(Proof of purchase is required.)
Getting Started: Please take a look at all the parts in your kit. Dabblers are thoroughly tested, but if you think a part is defective, please let us know now, as we only replace unused items. (except battery)
Charge your Dabblers™ fully before first use to avoid damage to the battery. The mini USB charging port is at the bottom of your pen under the cap. A red light will turn off when the charge is complete.
Screw the heating cartridge to the battery.

Using your Dabbler:

Push the button 6 times rapidly to unlock your Dabbler.
Using a Pick Tool, place a small amount of your herbal extracts directly onto the heating element. Be careful not to dislodge the heating coil if your extracts are highly viscous. The Dabbler will handle up to about 1/8” around (4mm).
If the extracts are not staying in place, push the button briefly to melt them onto the coil.
Screw all parts of the Dabbler together and inhale lightly while pushing the button. You may push up to 10 sec at a time. After 10 seconds, the Dabbler will turn off momentarily to protect battery. LED will blink 8 times to indicate the battery is off. After 2 seconds of rest time the Dabbler is recovered and ready to use again.
Unscrew the Dabbler to visually inspect the bowl. The heater will last a long time if you don’t let it run dry. Keep the charge topped off to maximize performance and preserve the capacity.
Important note:
Do not operate the Battery for extended times when there is no herbal material on the Heating Coil.
Do not expose to shock, temperature extremes or moisture.
Unscrew the Cone from the Heating Assembly and check the Coil visually to determine how many repetitions are left.

Cleaning the Dabbler:

This is an electronic instrument and is sensitive to water or moisture. Wipe outside clean with dry cloth. The screw threads around the Ceramic Bowl can be carefully cleaned with isopropyl alcohol swabs.

Push-Button Lock-Out Feature:

Push the button 6 times rapidly, and the button LED light will blink 3 times to indicate that the battery is turned off.
Note when the Lock-Out is activated, the LED light will not shine and Heating Coil will not heat up.
Push the button 6 times fast again to turn the Battery back on.

Storing the Dabbler:

Store it in the Case whenever possible for best protection of the device.
Activate the Lock-Out Feature to save the longevity of your Battery and Heating Coil.

Warnings & Disclaimers:

The statements on these instruction pages have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The product listed is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This is for informational purposes only, as we are not advising or prescribing herbs for any specific medical condition or for any specific use. Consult your doctor before starting any herbal regimen.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including any person under the age of 18) with reduced physical sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
The appliance is only to be used with the recommended vaporizing medium (herbal extracts). The use of other substances may give rise to a toxic or fire risk.
The device has hot surfaces to evaporate the active ingredients and these surfaces should not be touched during use

Abysmal Vapor,

VapeSpace

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Flowers are possible if you insert a 3/8" screen.
Optimize for waxes. (I understand) You say possible, but then show us we have an option to buy a loose leaf cartridge.

Will there be a version with the loose leaf cartridge included? (Please do that, people hate feeling tricked thinking they bought a product that can fulfill their needs to learn a couple days later that the money they invested means they have to buy more things.) Just feels like false advertising.

Is using a screen recommended if we don't want to pay more for a loose leaf cartridge?
(Most assumed you meant it would work fine without some other attachment)

How big of a difference does this cartridge make?

EDIT:
Your site does say you have a loose leaf cart on the way, I guess you could have informed the people who read your posts on FC.

paytonpenn,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Optimize for waxes. (I understand) You say possible, but then show us we have an option to buy a loose leaf cartridge.

Will there be a version with the loose leaf cartridge included? (Please do that, people hate feeling tricked thinking they bought a product that can fulfill their needs to learn a couple days later that the money they invested means they have to buy more things.) Just feels like false advertising.

Is using a screen recommended if we don't want to pay more for a loose leaf cartridge?

EDIT:
Your site does say you have a loose leaf cart on the way, I guess you could have informed the people who read your posts on FC.

Hello! OK I've been gone for a week trade show so I'll try to catch up with you guys asap:

Yes, the Dabbler is optimized for waxes (dabbing). Loose leaf is possible if you insert a 3/8" screen. "Decent but not spectacular" might give you a better idea of how it works with loose leaf. Sorry, we meant by saying optimized for waxes that it is designed and works best for waxes. Every portable we've tried proclaims it works for both, but is best only for one. If you want to try the loose leaf option, yes.. you have to find a 3/8" screen and stick it in between the heater & the chamber above. Does that help for now?

When the loose leaf cartridge comes, you'll have something that works well for loose leaf. It's not ready yet. VW got a sneak peek at a prototype and put it up on Instagram/FB. I'll definitely update you when I can. Let me know if you need more explanation here.

For your other questions:

"Will there be a version with the loose leaf cartridge included?"​
We need to see it happen first, then decide if it's possible for us to include all together. I'm hoping it is included instead of the old top cartridge, so you get the best of both worlds in the standard kit.

"Is using a screen recommended if we don't want to pay more for a loose leaf cartridge?"​
Yes you need to insert a 3/8" screen if you want to avoid using the loose leaf cartridge. And no, it won't work as well as the loose leaf cartridge..At least by my book, which is all about huge bountiful hits. Get some wax and see what I mean. ;)

"How big of a difference does this [new loose leaf] cartridge make?"​
Bigger hits, less charring if you hold the power on for long, easier to stir the contents, more herb capacity.

If we get this herb chamber in and include it with the Dabbler, we'll be able to say it works for both and not have to qualify our answers about being optimized for one thing over another. Thank you.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Is that silica i see??? yuck or worse fiberglass?????
Hello, the Vape-Pen manufacturer will get back to us about what it is and what binds it together but he says right away it's definitely not fiberglass. Vape-Pen and VB have spent time testing if any extreme use of this devise can get stuff into the airstream (it doesn't) We'll get back to you with more explanation of the materials used as soon as we can.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

EDIT:
Why would you even think a device with DABbler in the name would be for flowers/herbs? How could anyone feel tricked by buying a dab pen to find out is not optimized for flowers.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I didn't think it would be for flowers and herbs, its just that they said it was possible. Which is why I brought up the question.

I feel some people may read their posts and see that it could be used with flowers with the method they suggested, but they didn't mention an herb attachment at that time or in the post. I would just imagine VaporBrothers to not suggest a method that would combust knowing their company is about vaporization and they have cartridge dedicated for it. But I can understand not having real world tests at the time, and saying it could be possible. I'm sure we all just want more clarification for the unknown product we are buying.

I have seen enough pen vapes to know that this would most likely combust or not vape herb as efficiently as FC users would like (without a LLC). I primarily brought up the question for the community so anyone reading doesn't assume they could just put in a screen and think of this as a herb vape even though it is obviously designed for waxes, like every other pen vape.

People can feel tricked in many ways, I personally just dislike businesses, developers, anyone for that matter, not including full information or actually just putting certain information somewhere, then other information somewhere else. I mean the Atmos Raw has a "herb attachment" but how well does it REALLY vape herb..

I'm a hard believer of anything.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
This has definitely got my interest. If I didn't just buy another Thermovape Rev, I would be ordering one now. But it looks like I will have to wait a tad longer. Would love to compare/contrast with Thermovape Rev. There are still some places where I would feel more comfortable with a "pen", versus the Thermovape(I love the look, just not as stealthy looking as a pen style).
Also, like the OP said, the Vaporbrothers name has much to do with me even considering the Dabbler. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Silver420Surfer,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Totally understood Playtonpenn ;)

I don't believe the bs of what companies are telling me either and the biggest pet peeve is lack of information about what the product doesn't do. Although now I see after pulling my hair out under a crazy workload, some stuff can slip through the cracks. :)

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Hello, the Vape-Pen manufacturer will get back to us about what it is and what binds it together but he says right away it's definitely not fiberglass. Vape-Pen and VB have spent time testing if any extreme use of this devise can get stuff into the airstream (it doesn't) We'll get back to you with more explanation of the materials used as soon as we can.

Ok here is some info from the designer about the glass rods that are bound by the coil in the bowl. They are needed to store some heat and even it out. They're made of scientific glass, too large and heavy to be picked up by the airstream (which is very slow in the dabbler). They're also held together by a coating of extremely high temperature silicone material. It's a definite improvement on the other heaters we've seen out there. The designer is certain there's no exposure to the glass after testing the airstream for particulates using sensitive devices he has in the lab. His stuff is expensive, but to show you one device that could be used to test the airstream is this one. Thank you.

vaporbrothers,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ok here is some info from the designer about the glass rods that are bound by the coil in the bowl. They are needed to store some heat and even it out. They're made of scientific glass, too large and heavy....
Folks can use their eyes.
Those pictures are NOT pictures of glass rods.
I think anyone on this website will agree. :nope:

THIS ONE sure looks the same to me.
The wick looks the same.
(I saw one) It is a Silica wick.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Folks can use their eyes.
Those pictures are NOT pictures of glass rods.
I think anyone on this website will agree. :nope:

THIS ONE sure looks the same to me.
The wick looks the same.
(I saw one) It is a Silica wick.

Wow, I'm between a rock and a hard place here. Vaporbros has a pretty solid rep, IMO, one of the first vapes I tried that was of good quality, good build that started me looking at vaping as a serious replacement to my combusting. That along with SSV kinda swung me to the "Dark side", lol. No complaints from friends who own or have owned that I'm aware of. I will give them the benefit of the doubt based on reputation, but will certainly keep an eye out on what Vito says. Much respect for his knowledge and rep also.:bowdown:

BUT, this does interest me as a concentrate lover. Any more vids yet?

Silver420Surfer,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Ok very true guys, we're all looking at the same thing in the picture... threads, rods, fibers. It's a hi res view that we wanted you all to see. It's glass, not fiberglass- but not sure if you can call it silica. I called them rods after dissecting under a microscope because they had a relatively large diameter compared to fibers I've seen in other vapor pens. Threads? What would you like to call them...

Silica and its oxides btw... are a component of glass- also ceramics, dirt, windblown dust, plant cell walls, food, 90% of Earth's crust, all of your pipes, etc. From my experience in ceramic art studios, it's the fine airborne dust containing silica is dangerous with chronic inhalation. The smaller the particle the deeper it's absorbed- especially microscopic. After a lot of testing and hand wringing with the manufacturer, he & we are sure the glass in the bowl isn't going to become fine particles, no matter what we try to do to it. The silicone treatment and subsequent coatings of oil from use makes it impossible for us to get a piece loose to the point where it can be picked up by the airstream.

Regardless though we don't like having weird stuff that causes concerns, even if we've vetted the manufacturer & designer. We'll work on it. This is the original vape-pen designer who like us is constantly working to make his product better (and getting knocked off left and right). It's really hard being the original of anything because knockoffs take for free the benefit of the R&D we paid for, and they drive the price super low, making it a hard slow process to fund new R&D... but we'll make it happen anyway. You know, everybody's been bugging us to come out with a handheld for years now and up to this point this is the best that the vapor pen can do. More questions please....

arrr

The atomizer on this looks exactly like the 710M atomizer which has been out for a long time it works good but was never sure if it was safe.

arrr,
Reactions: Vitolo

OF

It's glass, not fiberglass- but not sure if you can call it silica. I called them rods after dissecting under a microscope because they had a relatively large diameter compared to fibers I've seen in other vapor pens.

OK. So we're talking about (relatively large) fibers made of glass, but they're not fiber glass..... I'm having trouble with the distinction I guess? And if it's glass, it's near a lead pipe cinch it's silica glass. Sand. I think it's fair to use all those terms. It can be a matter of degrees, but the definitions hold I think.

However, that's a minor quibble compared to this lo-lo from the web site:

"The Dabbler’s temperature controlled heating element...".

Temperature controlled? I call BS. Show me the control. It's a two pin e-cig. Deceptive advertising is being kind IMO. To me that sours my take on the product and makes it hard to trust the maker. Once hype gets loose........

OF

Trever

Ok very true guys, we're all looking at the same thing in the picture... threads, rods, fibers. It's a hi res view that we wanted you all to see. It's glass, not fiberglass- but not sure if you can call it silica. I called them rods after dissecting under a microscope because they had a relatively large diameter compared to fibers I've seen in other vapor pens. Threads? What would you like to call them...

Silica and its oxides btw... are a component of glass- also ceramics, dirt, windblown dust, plant cell walls, food, 90% of Earth's crust, all of your pipes, etc. From my experience in ceramic art studios, it's the fine airborne dust containing silica is dangerous with chronic inhalation. The smaller the particle the deeper it's absorbed- especially microscopic. After a lot of testing and hand wringing with the manufacturer, he & we are sure the glass in the bowl isn't going to become fine particles, no matter what we try to do to it. The silicone treatment and subsequent coatings of oil from use makes it impossible for us to get a piece loose to the point where it can be picked up by the airstream.

Regardless though we don't like having weird stuff that causes concerns, even if we've vetted the manufacturer & designer. We'll work on it. This is the original vape-pen designer who like us is constantly working to make his product better (and getting knocked off left and right). It's really hard being the original of anything because knockoffs take for free the benefit of the R&D we paid for, and they drive the price super low, making it a hard slow process to fund new R&D... but we'll make it happen anyway. You know, everybody's been bugging us to come out with a handheld for years now and up to this point this is the best that the vapor pen can do. More questions please....

Of brings up some very strong points. Were all ears

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
The atomizer on this looks exactly like the 710M atomizer which has been out for a long time it works good but was never sure if it was safe.

Do you know how long it has been out? We've been on the phone all day about this and it seems the factory shared the design at some point in 2012. The 710 before this had a metal funnel and a tube of plastic surrounding the heater.

vaporbrothers,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
OK. So we're talking about (relatively large) fibers made of glass, but they're not fiber glass..... I'm having trouble with the distinction I guess? And if it's glass, it's near a lead pipe cinch it's silica glass. Sand. I think it's fair to use all those terms. It can be a matter of degrees, but the definitions hold I think.

However, that's a minor quibble compared to this lo-lo from the web site:

"The Dabbler’s temperature controlled heating element...".

Temperature controlled? I call BS. Show me the control. It's a two pin e-cig. Deceptive advertising is being kind IMO. To me that sours my take on the product and makes it hard to trust the maker. Once hype gets loose........

OF

I'm not sure how I'm capable of hype, having FC as my only outlet and no marketing expense to speak of, but these are great questions and totally fair to ask, so..

Fiberglass- Really..no. Fiberglass is soft glass. It's fibers are fine and very breakable and it's hell to anyone who gets close to it. It's not our thing.

Silica is the major component of glass and ceramic. Actual "silica glass" is the purest available and not practical to use. Borosilicate is your whip or pipe. If glass or ceramic is turned into a powder and inhaled chronically (over weeks/months) it can cause illness because the silica component is so inert the body can't break it down. The same property though makes it the best choice for pipes, jewelry, cookware, or anything that needs to be absolutely non toxic. I guess Vape-pen's glass was bound to be confused with fiberglass, but what the heck, you are welcome to call them fibers because I don't have a better term.

Temperature controller is a huge YES. A smart circuit measures the resistance of the heating element while you hold the button down. Since the wire we use changes its resistance with temperature, the controller knows the temperature of the wire. If the wire is cooler than the target temperature, the heater runs at power and vigorously boils off the wax until it's gone. If the temperature strays above the set point the heater pauses until the temperature falls again. All of this happens 10 times a second. Well shit, that's as far as I should go for now. Beyond that is all secret- what's programmed into the microchip, how it actually does its thing. I can say that the factories pass their knowledge around quickly making any new design spread fast, but if they rip off the firmware and copy the secrets, that's going to suck. Although we'll be ready with something new just in time (no fibers next time).

Just a little more about hype and stuff like that. I'm not sure if you notice yet but most our energy goes into the product with very little left over for polishing an image. If we were controlled by a moneyed interests I would not be able to pour out all this heart for you in such a way, and I'd probably be admonished for my language, shit fuck. fuck. Hopefully that's a little proof that there's no marketers in control here. It's been like this for more than 14 years now... We've seen countless brands rise and fall yet we're still doing the same thing. When we first brought the vapor brothers together the only vaporizers out there were glass globes and heat guns. I hope that this helps lend some credibility. Which reminds me I should probably say something about the man who designed this vape pen- he is one of the brains behind Davinci's newest portable and comes from a huge background developing GPS and AI and all sorts of groundbreaking things- including originating the first vape pen. I'll describe more as I find out more about him. For now I can say he's an awesome partner in helping Vaporbrothers to (finally) do something in the portable world. Gnite for now & Thank you.

Vitolo

Vaporist
We still love you vaporbrothers.
You are a key member of our FC and Vaporist family!
If some of us are looking at this with a slightly "jaundiced" eye, it is because
other Vape Dealers (and a couple Vaporizer Manufacturers) are currently testing and introducing similar vape oil pens.
I look forward to using your Dabbler~

Top Bottom