• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapolamp a take on radiant/convection heat for "moist/dense" material.

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
one thing i gotta say... gotta appreciate Vapolamp's willingness to answer and address any questions or comments about his product. So far seems like putting the good foot forward.
By this alone I have an interest in this vape. I like seeing manufacturers participate in the community. Especially when they are willing to answer any and all questions.

would i be correct in assuming this is an infrared vape?

Thanks Devo,

I actually enjoy answering questions and learning from critique, And to answer yours is, yes this is a combo radiant/convection/conduction in that order and to give you a ballpark on the ratios 70/25/5 is about where it's at as far as the thermal energy transferred to the material when fully heated.. When you turn it on cold and get your vapor in seconds that's all radiant baby!

Thanks for all the interest, and I will have a cart up on my website as soon as humanly possible. =)

Cheers,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

Jedu

Im excited for this. Definitely going to pick one up asap!

Jedu,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the questions,

To stinkmeaner,
Yes a glass vase(simple yet elegant) it's part of how I keep my costs down and am able to offer the basic model for under 100 bucks, There will be more options in the future such as pyrex, stained glass and hand blown chambers(need a good GB) in my vicinity that I can talk shop with. I am working on that right now and have 2 I want to meet up with.

To Jedu,
I'm happy to hear enthusiasm toward this product here on the forums and it makes me want to get them out sooner, I was honestly waiting to see how a certain ballot prop would turn out before deciding on my final marketing ideas. I'm in gear now, and by next week I will be taking a limited amount of orders(small production run 8-15 units) =)

Cheers and Happy vaping,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Definitely interested in this one. I've always wanted to try an aromed, but with the price tag i doubt i ever will. this looks like it functions in largely the same way, and the price is definitely good. i know a lot of ppl (self included) are sick of paying many times more than what most vapes cost to make.

Watching the vapor rise and then fall down the sides of the glass is definitely cool. I think a lot of ppl will think that its smoke just because of the bright light illuminating it and making it look extra thick.

So how/where does the air flow? My concern is that where air can get in vapor can get out. Is there some sort of flap or valve that only lets vapor flow out when you hit it or can it seep out between hits if you take a bit of a break?

steiner666,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This thing just looks cool. I'm tempted to get one just for that reason. I sort of regret that the copper will turn into SS, although I understand why.

pakalolo,
pakalolo said:
This thing just looks cool. I'm tempted to get one just for that reason. I sort of regret that the copper will turn into SS, although I understand why.
why u feel that way, because of style or antibacterial propeties or dunno if copper has less nickle than stainless steel?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

steiner666

Serial vapist
pakalolo said:
This thing just looks cool. I'm tempted to get one just for that reason....

Yeah, i want lamps that have that cool descending vapor effect for every room in the house lol. if theres some way of making one that could just keep a perpetual cycle of vapor flowing like that, it would be sweet for decoration

steiner666,

george

I'm actually more interested in using this for shisha tobacco, like in your video. I've wanted a hookah but i know that smoking shisha is horrible for you, worse than cigs.

So am i right thinking this will be a lot healthier? with great taste...It would be neat to have multiple whips on one unit, so it could be more like a traditional hookah experience.

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
why u feel that way, because of style or antibacterial propeties or dunno if copper has less nickle than stainless steel?

Oh, strictly style.

pakalolo,

Bananiq

is it really impossible to make vapolamp with vapors touching only glass? for us, glass-o-holics ... I believe not only me would be willing to pay higher price for such device and with the current prices of various vaporizers, it wouldn be such miss.. .. All-Glass Vapolamp ...

Bananiq,

Bananiq

and btw: first time I saw this video on youtube I was like O_O wow ... seems like there is regular heating method and then on the next leve there are - radiant / UV / infrared / light powered systems ...

Bananiq,

reece

This is just too cool. It has brought back that "itch." I don't need this vaporizer. I couldn't keep it out in plain sight like my Zap. It would only be used on rare occasions when I have a lot of people over, and probably in tthe garage away from the kids. But damn if I don't want one. I can't wait for it to go on sale. Hopefully, in the not so distant future, The manufacturer will figure out how to replace the metal riser tube with glass. I'll buy that too.

Congratulations on an awesome product and good luck.

pakalolo said:
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:

Oh, strictly style.

"Style is a second cousin to class."

So many don't have a proper appreciation for style.

reece,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
To: Steiner666 .. Yes the mechanism of heat application is similar to an aromed somewhat, but its way more simple to load and use I think. I had to make the base model under 100$ and still make it look and feel durable/high quality. I have had many people say "thats not Vapor, thats smoke" then they take a taste and their opinion quickly changes =)

To: George, Yes this is one of the primary reasons I am marketing this, to replace dirty messy unhealthful hookahs and I do have models planned with more than 1 whip and on a slightly larger scale. I am working on CAD for it and will show a model as soon as it's made. As far as being healthier than Hookah, I'd say so, all you get is the actual vapors and since no combustion takes place = no CO and super super low tar.

To:pakalo I will be able to continue offering copper since the tubes never get very hot it's no concern to use food grade copper tubing. It's the same stuff that delivers water to your fridge.

To: Bananique There is no reason I cannot devise a glass only solution for a bit more $ =) And yes there is more to the lamp than meets the eye..

To: Reeca I will be offering a "lampshade" that will go on the lamp instead of the chamber for when you are not using it.. it will not "have" to be put away =) And one very nice thing is this unit doesn't stink up your house in the same way burning does.. I have tested that extensively. It gives off an aromatherapy smell never a burning one, unless you overdo it with the dimmer lol.

I want to add I will within the first year be offering some very nice replacement accessory chambers(think dragons etched on pyrex, stained glass, disco balls, and fun stuff like that for people to spice the lamp up with.

Best Regards,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just as a small addition I am constantly making small improvements to the design and anyone who purchases an "earlier" model(first 100 or so) will have most if not all of these improvements sent to them in the mail for free, well almost free other than !@my postage to get it to you@! but no handling charge. I will always stand behind this product personally and I want owners to be happy.

Sincerely,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
george:

I'm actually more interested in using this for shisha tobacco, like in your video. I've wanted a hookah but i know that smoking shisha is horrible for you, worse than cigs.

i am wondering if that is what this was really designed for? afterall, the title of the thread is about vaping moist/dense material, and in the demo vid, hooka tobacco is used to illustrate the vapes abilities.

actually, when you say dense material are you talking about concentrates? other than the essential vaaape there aren't too many vapes that i know of that work well with concentrates. what were your results vaporizing concentrates?

i have heard that, in general, it is more effective to vape dry material. so why does the product need to be moist in order to be vaped in the vapolamp? if you do put dry material in it - will you run into combustion issues?

bananique:

is it really impossible to make vapolamp with vapors touching only glass? for us, glass-o-holics ... I believe not only me would be willing to pay higher price for such device and with the current prices of various vaporizers, it wouldn be such miss.. .. All-Glass Vapolamp ...

x2!

Vapolamp:

To: Bananique There is no reason I cannot devise a glass only solution for a bit more $ smile And yes there is more to the lamp than meets the eye..

To: Reeca I will be offering a "lampshade" that will go on the lamp instead of the chamber for when you are not using it.. it will not "have" to be put away smile And one very nice thing is this unit doesn't stink up your house in the same way burning does.. I have tested that extensively. It gives off an aromatherapy smell never a burning one, unless you overdo it with the dimmer lol.

I want to add I will within the first year be offering some very nice replacement accessory chambers(think dragons etched on pyrex, stained glass, disco balls, and fun stuff like that for people to spice the lamp up with.

Best Regards,
The Vapolamp Team

and;

Just as a small addition I am constantly making small improvements to the design and anyone who purchases an "earlier" model(first 100 or so) will have most if not all of these improvements sent to them in the mail for free, well almost free other than !@my postage to get it to you@! but no handling charge. I will always stand behind this product personally and I want owners to be happy.

Sincerely,
The Vapolamp Team

this is all great info! custom vapolamps are a great idea! and lampshades, - im all about the stealth factor!

if a candian customer were to buy one of the first 100 or so, would s/he be able to receive the 'updates' too?

notmyrealUSERname,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
notmyrealUSERname said:
george:

i am wondering if that is what this was really designed for? afterall, the title of the thread is about vaping moist/dense material, and in the demo vid, hooka tobacco is used to illustrate the vapes abilities.

actually, when you say dense material are you talking about concentrates? other than the essential vaaape there aren't too many vapes that i know of that work well with concentrates. what were your results vaporizing concentrates?

i have heard that, in general, it is more effective to vape dry material. so why does the product need to be moist in order to be vaped in the vapolamp? if you do put dry material in it - will you run into combustion issues?

bananique:

x2!

Vapolamp:

To: Bananique There is no reason I cannot devise a glass only solution for a bit more $ smile And yes there is more to the lamp than meets the eye..

To: Reeca I will be offering a "lampshade" that will go on the lamp instead of the chamber for when you are not using it.. it will not "have" to be put away smile And one very nice thing is this unit doesn't stink up your house in the same way burning does.. I have tested that extensively. It gives off an aromatherapy smell never a burning one, unless you overdo it with the dimmer lol.

Best Regards,
The Vapolamp Team

and;

Sincerely,
The Vapolamp Team

this is all great info! custom vapolamps are a great idea! and lampshades, - im all about the stealth factor!

if a candian customer were to buy one of the first 100 or so, would s/he be able to receive the 'updates' too?

to: N.M.R.U.N.

Ok, I think I can clarify everything here, This product was designed as a birthday present for my mother. She suffers from debilitating arachniditis (sp) and she was smoking her pain relieving mixture. Ok that would be fine I guess if she didn't also have COPD from a lifetime of cigarettes. She kept asking me to help her buy a vaporizer and I knew the only ones she could afford would be either too badly constructed or too fragile/hard to use. I decided to build her one for her birthday, when the smoke cleared and the lamp appeared it seemed like the thing to do =) I learned about how good it is for Shisha from some experienced Hookah smoking buddies later on. I built this thing to vaporize anything!

To the second question, a resounding YES! earwax can be smeared on the screen and it makes a tiny bit go an extremely long way. It simply works more efficiently on moist or oily material I have found through trial and error. This thing works fine on dry material, but cant quite match the efficiency of say a Volcano. Another reason it's good is because Steam assists the material as it boils off, it heats the oil soluble and alkaloid materials in the herbal mixture helping them vaporize as well. Part of what I'm saying here is you don't have to cure your mixture as long which is a boon for many people I know.

Honestly, I need to find out if I can even ship this to Canada before I can answer your last question.

Thanks and let me know if I missed a question,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

stinkmeaner

With the herb floating on the screen it reminds me of the Magic Flight. Do you have to move the herb around in order for it to brown evenly?

stinkmeaner,

reece

Thanks for the reply. The lampshade and other extras sound very nice. Stealth is very important to me.

Have you tried letting the vapor sit in the lamp for extended periods and then tasting to see if it gets stale?

reece,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
in the demo vid the screen looks like it may be a custom piece. will you have replacements avail.? or does it come apart to clean - say in an iso soak or something?

how fine is the mesh on the screen? if you put straight earwax on it - is there a danger of it melting though the screen and getting down into the bulb?

i just read post #14. does the vape in the demo vid use the 'new' bowl assembly? it doesn't look like it to me. can you show us the bowl assembly in greater detail please? will you have to use tweezers to be able to lift it off, in order to stir it.

if you have two glass screens protecting the bulb, will one be removable, in order to clean whatever may have dropped down there?

thanks for all your answers.

btw, i checked out your youtube page and i saw the vid of randy spinning fire poi. that guy has got some skills! i need to play with fire more often i think!

notmyrealUSERname,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
notmyrealUSERname said:
in the demo vid the screen looks like it may be a custom piece. will you have replacements avail.? or does it come apart to clean - say in an iso soak or something?

how fine is the mesh on the screen? if you put straight earwax on it - is there a danger of it melting though the screen and getting down into the bulb?

i just read post #14. does the vape in the demo vid use the 'new' bowl assembly? it doesn't look like it to me. can you show us the bowl assembly in greater detail please? will you have to use tweezers to be able to lift it off, in order to stir it.

if you have two glass screens protecting the bulb, will one be removable, in order to clean whatever may have dropped down there?

thanks for all your answers.

btw, i checked out your youtube page and i saw the vid of randy spinning fire poi. that guy has got some skills! i need to play with fire more often i think!

To: Stinkmeaner, You can for that "last draw" so to speak but the radiant heat ends up cooking the top pretty decently as well.

To: Reece, Yes like bags the vapor eventually gets a bit stale .. in other words tasteless after about 2 hours.

To: HammerZeit. yes my website as been asleep for a while now but Reply sent!

To: NMRUN Most of this Vape is "custom", but yes it will be replaceable in case you damage or lose yours. I don't imagine the whole assembly costing more than 5 bucks or so too =) and the screen is easily cleanable by soaking it in rubbing alcohol.

The mesh/pitch on the screen is .5mm so you can rub a tiny bit of EW on it and it wont bubble through, if you want more, I'd put it on top of some herbal mix or maybe a rolled up fine screen dipped in oil set in the middle.

No that demo is using a 4th prototype/1st production model without the "light shield"

I could arrange that in my final production model which is almost ready now.

I'm glad to be able to provide them.

And yea Randy is way better than he thinks he is at spinning poi, thanks and I will relay the message.

Cheers,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

reece

Vapolamp said:
To: Reece, Yes like bags the vapor eventually gets a bit stale .. in other words tasteless after about 2 hours.

That quickly?!? Just kidding. That is awesome. Thanks for your replies. I can't wait for the release.

reece,

Theo

Just wanted to say it is AWESOME that fire-spinners are creating an awesome vape :D You should put your(or if you're not a spinner, Randy's) pictures in the fire spinning thread in the lounge!!

Theo,
Top Bottom