• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapolamp a take on radiant/convection heat for "moist/dense" material.

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hello all,

I am the manufacturer of a newer and hopefully well loved =) type of vaporizer/herbal therapy device. Vapolamp has been made to fill the niche for those who like to vaporize sisha and other thick oily/gummy material(with an accessory you can use straight oil essences too). Basically stuff other vaporizers will choke to death on or just cant keep positioned right. The best part of this vaporizer is that it comes ready to use for under $100 and is a quite durable piece of equipment, plus I'm almost done with beta testing! I plan to also sell accessories for the lamp which will do some pretty cool things so look for that as well. I am gearing up right now for a build to order sales plan where I get an order then build and ship the next day most often.. unless there are parts on back order which I will make note of on the website.

The site is is www.vapolamp.com and as soon as the cart is up I will make a post here and I will then be accepting online orders. I also plan to add Hookalamp to the line soon which will be slightly larger and have multiple whips.

Basically this Vaporizer isn't engineered for fully dried material, It does however work just fine for it if you turn the heat down. One thing many people enjoy about the Vapolamp is the glass chamber. you can fully control the density of the vapor inside and it will get so dense you can't see through it, look out for those ones! Also another plus to this system is that it's instant heat right on your material, so unless it's the most goopy sisha you will see first vapor in under 15 seconds, and this is with the unit starting cold with no warm up beforehand.

This Vaporizer is completely top sealed, as in none of the air is pulled in past any of the electric/electronic parts inside the lamp, it's almost purely glass and the copper pipes for cross ventilation inside the chamber. the only foreign part is a seal for the lens which is mostly graphite and stainless.

It also has both a safety thermal shut down switch inside and anti-tip shut off, so if it gets knocked over it wont stay on.

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yes it is patent pending in multiple countries right now.

Vapolamp,
Reactions: Egzoset

lwien

That sure looks like smoke curling up in that tube in the video.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
also looks like a vapor leak coming out the left side at the 1:40 mark.
What is the airpath on this thing?

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I also thought it looked like smoke instead of vapor. What temps are we talking??

Lo,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
The vapolamp looks interesting. :)

Does it heat the material from the plate under the material with the light?

How accurate is the temperature (is it affected by changes in ambient temperatures?, does it hold a temp within a couple of degrees if in the same environmental conditions and on the same setting?, etc.)

I appreciate you making us aware of your new product and taking the time to answer questions.

If you persevere through the tough (and sometimes skeptical) questions from the forum members (some whom are very passionate, intelligent, and/or experienced when it comes to vapor), and have a valuable product; I am certain that you will do well (in part due to your participation here) even in this increasingly crowded market.

Final :2c: : It may be worthwhile to provide a member of the forum a free unit to use with popular materials that you may not have access to or care to use. A non-manufacturer review can really help jumpstart sales. Plus, many (including myself) would be willing to field questions and try to provide a non-biased review. Some (not including myself) would even be willing to post videos, etc in exchange for a promotional unit.

Best wishes, and (once again) thanks for representing your product and fielding questions here on FC!

Toke it easy. :cool:

Progress,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lwien said:
That sure looks like smoke curling up in that tube in the video.

I promise you there is no smoke and no CO in that demo, it just looks that way because it produces vapor fast! Its all pre- tobacco sisha vapor which very few humans have sampled on this planet I think, and it tastes sublime then you get the full hookah experience after you enjoy the tasty pre-vape. with certain other material this thing will go crazy and make so much vapor it has made friends of mine nearly pass out, I will get a CO detector and put it inside the Lamp for an acid test though soon. =)

You have to keep in mind the video is of my last working prototype and yes there was a tiny bit of leakage on that model the reason you see is come out the side is due to a not quite round gasket which is a problem which has been solved. I will have new videos up in November of the newest/tightest model out right now.

Cheers
The Vapolamp Team.

PS yes it is copper tubing as of right now, I was using glass but it was broken too frequently, I may move over to SS tubing soon, copper was a prototype thing that is easy to work with and looks pretty when new.

Vapolamp,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Lo said:
I also thought it looked like smoke instead of vapor. What temps are we talking??

It has an adjustable temp range from 0-450 degrees(heck in a pinch you can toss a lil plate/pan on it and fry yourself an egg) to handle the super goopy stuff then, you turn it down a tad when the pure juice vapes away. This Vaporizer will burn material but it's easy not to, once you get the hang of it. My mom has one of these though, and it's so easy to use, she has never asked me a question about it.

Best regards,
The Vapolamp Team.

Ps its quite easy even without a digital readout to get perfect tasting vapor(temp) with just about any material. You just watch it as you go and it's easy as that.

Vapolamp,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Progress said:
The vapolamp looks interesting. :)

Does it heat the material from the plate under the material with the light?

How accurate is the temperature (is it affected by changes in ambient temperatures?, does it hold a temp within a couple of degrees if in the same environmental conditions and on the same setting?, etc.)

I appreciate you making us aware of your new product and taking the time to answer questions.

If you persevere through the tough (and sometimes skeptical) questions from the forum members (some whom are very passionate, intelligent, and/or experienced when it comes to vapor), and have a valuable product; I am certain that you will do well (in part due to your participation here) even in this increasingly crowded market.

Final :2c: : It may be worthwhile to provide a member of the forum a free unit to use with popular materials that you may not have access to or care to use. A non-manufacturer review can really help jumpstart sales. Plus, many (including myself) would be willing to field questions and try to provide a non-biased review. Some (not including myself) would even be willing to post videos, etc in exchange for a promotional unit.

Best wishes, and (once again) thanks for representing your product and fielding questions here on FC!

Toke it easy. :cool:

Ok going to answer all these questions,

1. It does heat from beneath which is why you need to stir the bowl 1-2 times over the course of a session with dry material. The heat is mostly radiant with some convection happening once it heats up good, which is why you turn it down as you go =) It is very intuitive since the range is so easy to visually see by how bright the lamp is. All of my beta testers knew right way what to do never needed to include instructions one demo was always enough and with some I just gave em the lamp to see if they would know how to use it and have hit a 100% success rate over 10 beta units.

2. The temp stays the same for a very long time the heating element(bulb) is very reliable and has 2 layers of glass protecting it, the lens and the internal bulb.. it rises slowly if left on at full bore until the safety switch turns off @245 deg internal temp. I have done extensive infrared thermal testing on this lamp and none of the parts exceed the temp they are rated for, even when I take out the thermal switch and leave it on for 8 hours +.

And about your final cents I have a pre-production unit on lend to FC right now, I'm happy to add =) I was told it would make it's rounds.

Thanks for the questions,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

Theo

This looks really interesting and I'm loving you being able to answer all the questions. Definitely will be keeping up with this unit and thread to see where it goes. It may be a bit early to say but I want one :)

Theo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
How do you stir the bowl, it looks like just a flat screen above a light bulb?

DeepFried,

Revvy

Hammerzeit said:
Where do you draw from? I can't see. ;_;
If you take a look at the beginning of the product demo, there's some tubing that runs underneath the cork-like portion of the unit.

Revvy,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
DeepFried said:
How do you stir the bowl, it looks like just a flat screen above a light bulb?

I have an updated device which serves as a bowl(if you look close you can see it in my avatar pic), It also shields your eyes from the bright light. All you have to do is turn it off take the top off and stir) it stops vaporizing almost immediately when you dim it.

Vapolamp,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Revvy said:
Hammerzeit said:
Where do you draw from? I can't see. ;_;
If you take a look at the beginning of the product demo, there's some tubing that runs underneath the cork-like portion of the unit.

This is correct the intake and exhaust are both built into the gasket which seals the chamber by gravity(mostly). I was going for simplicity and durability when I designed this product.

Again, thanks for the questions and feel free to keep them up. I'm going to make a huge push to have excellent customer service for this device.

Cheers,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Is there a chance of making a model with only stainless steel parts inside the vape instead of the current brass/copper? You could also try a glass tube with a stainless cover to protect the glass giving you an all glass vapor path.

DeepFried,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Yes, the tubing can be made with SS and that's one of the goals for final production, spot on man! I know poeple are all for all glass, but this vape is pretty darn close, the only non glass parts that touch the vapor at all are the gasket about 1/8" of it and the riser and internal tube for the whip.

SS will be used rather than copper for final models , however copper is great to use on prototypes/early production, it's easily holdable and since it never gets very hot I don't believe there could be much off gassing from the copper at all. I haven't had one complaint yet about any off tastes with material I've given to my beta testers to try.. the screen and the light shield which is in my profile pic are both SS already. I am currently using a cut crossbow arrow shaft for my riser on my personal lamp just because it looks cool.

When I make the switch to SS for riser/output, the only thing that won't be glass or SS are the tiny bit of silicone and leather that actually seal and shield the chamber and the tiny bit of gasket showing which seals the topside... The whole purpose of this invention is to get vaporizers to people who are not looking to spend over 100$ and to do it in the most robust and reliable way possible.

Peace,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

vapormonkey

I had been wondering when someone would use good bulb in a unique fashion. This looks great. It would probably be great for KIF or sugar glands or more of a concentrated and resiny blend.

vapormonkey,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Vapor monkey,
Thanks for the compliment and yes it does wonders for those materials and with anything resinous it will knock your socks off.! And I do use a special bulb for the lamp, which I found after moths of testing, It gives the most even heat and looks sort of cool when the lamp is off too.

Best regards,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
one thing i gotta say... gotta appreciate Vapolamp's willingness to answer and address any questions or comments about his product. So far seems like putting the good foot forward.
By this alone I have an interest in this vape. I like seeing manufacturers participate in the community. Especially when they are willing to answer any and all questions.

would i be correct in assuming this is an infrared vape?

DevoTheStrange,

Theo

Any idea on the price range that this will be in? I agree with Devo that you answering all the questions and being so forward is a great thing that has got me really interested in a product that looks pretty good.

Theo,

caseball2051

"We sell 1 main product line, but it's a great one and accessories are soon to come!

The price for the standard 750cc model will be just $80.

The 1200cc model will be priced at $90.

This vaporizer was engineered and is hand assembled/fabricated in the USA."

taken from their website.

caseball2051,

Vapolamp

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thats right, currently those are the introductory prices. They are subject to change but the basic unit will never go for over 90 on the website even after I add a glass mouth piece and stainless steel riser tubes.

Best wishes,
The Vapolamp Team

Vapolamp,
Top Bottom