Vapocane

Dutch-Mic

@Dutch-Mic Hey bro ! The method that you are heating the glass tube i think counts as the indirect one. Anyway ,the idea is to move the torch from top to bottom from all sides.Even heating is the key. It is very hard to overheat it with vapman lighter,so make sure you take your time, give it at least 30-45 seconds of torching.

Thank you very much for your quick answer @Abysmal Vapor! I thought I needed a creme brulee torch (don't own one the moment) for the indirect method, glad to read I can use the Vapman torch.

Really need to be careful with experimenting though: my wife could go into labour at any moment and it wouldn't be very practical if I'm sky high at that moment :D

Edit: To be clear, the contractions haven't started yet, I'm not vaping while my wife's in pain!

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

I experimented with the Vapocane and the J-hook for a few days with the direct heating method (Sticky Brick/Dobby style) and used the following tips from the inventor of the Vapocane:

- Adjust the flame to the highest setting and aim the flame one/two millimeter above the hole with a 90° angle between the heat intake and the flame.

- Inhale slowly for about 7 to 10 seconds and listen for the little whistle noise. The whistle noise is apparently an indicator for the right heating and draw technique.

Today I had my first very, very tasty and cloudy hit with that technique without any butane taste. I also love the basket screen system: loading and unloading the screens is simple, and cleaning everything is very easy. At the moment I'm very enthusiastic about the Vapocane: tasty and cloudy on-demand convection hits for a bargain :tup: In a few days I'll try also the direct heating method.

Dutch-Mic

I used the Vapocane tonight with a low THC and high CBD strain and the effects are still "in my face"! And the taste with the indirect heating method.... :drool: I get premium taste and paid less than €40,- for both the cane and the creme brulee torch. The heat up time, chance of burning and a bit difficult stirring could be seen as cons, but they absolutely don't outweigh the pros (taste, effect, price). I haven't seen a crack in the tip yet, so hopefully it stays like that for a while!

Have a nice day:tup:

azovoti

I'm still perfecting my retained-heat technique, especially in regards to properly heating the tip for better performance and longer life. I'm seeing good results, so I thought I'll share... please excuse me for repeating myself and others:

First thing is a proper heat source. The Blazer Big Shot GT8000 is just the right size and output for the job.

Heat the tip gradually and evenly. Start from a distance and work your way to the tip of the inner flame while covering the tip from all sides.

Now for the less obvious - while heating the tip, you want to remove the flame and take a brisk pull from the pipe draw warm air through the tip. Just a quick draw, like a sip! What this does is distribute the heat evenly - parts exposed directly to the flame will cool down a bit while the cooler parts will heat up.You want to repeat this two or three times!

At the end of this - slow and deliberate - process, the tip, chamber and air path have all been heated to working temperature. Take a big draw and expect to see some results!

EDIT: As the vape is very hot by now, you may need pull faster... sorry for stating the obvious. I like a plain pipe and a reasonably clean screen for free air flow.

Hope someone finds interest and use in this. Peace.

Last edited:

biohacker

The Blazer Big Shot GT8000 is just the right size and output for the job.

Seems like it might be overkill and melt the boro! Seen some comments about this on YT vids as well as cracked canes. Still slightly interested, but only if an IR gun would be practical for consistency and not vaping "in the dark".

biohacker,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

azovoti

Seems like it might be overkill and melt the boro! Seen some comments about this on YT vids as well as cracked canes. Still slightly interested, but only if an IR gun would be practical for consistency and not vaping "in the dark".
All my suggestions only apply for the retained heat method, and it requires a big torch.
I have years of experience with the VC so you can imagine I went through many canes... They won't melt, but they will inevitably crack after some use.
How long it takes depends on technique. The last one kept going and going easily over a thousand hits so considering the cost of the herb, spending on a cane replacement once in a while is negligible.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is really wonderful! Direct hit, Vapman torch=big clouds, very nice taste. Super easy!
IMG-0948.jpg

Vapordeflor

Hey FC!

Wanted to share here that this vape becomes a heavy hitter adding some boro balls on the wider side of the long conical section. I used some cheap, non spherical boro beads so I had to insert a rolled up ss half screen in the little hole that divides the joint from the long conical section of the vape. Im sure that with some 4 or 5mm beads you will eliminate the need on the screen. At the end of the video you can see the vape assembled. That hit is 0.04gr on a vapocane screen after 60 seconds heating with the torch over the section with balls. Rinding the line there.. one hit all gone.
Honorific mention to @tukatukera for telling me the idea.

Have fun testing!!:science:

Last edited:

tukatukera

Retailer
Yeah, when I told @Vapordeflor to add some boro beads to the tip I was thinking of a @invertedisdead SCVW but bite-sized. Also thought it would beef up the flimsy quality of the glass. Since this vape works better as a cheap predecessor to the Elev8r than as a butane-powered convection tube, it's very easy to shatter and kinda hard to heat evenly because you have to heat it as @feralcomprehension while it's on the rig. So I thought having it use the SCVW tech where you can grab one end and add enough mass to the joint and intake as possible so as to only heat one third of the device yet have it hit hard. Also, after thinking of this I also saw @satta84 on IG do the same thing with his vapocane. SolWe products are amazing and can be tuned up with modern-day knowledge to become absolute budget beasts, check my posts on the vaponic thread for some ideas.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see

"You've had more than you anticipated, haven't you?"
"What do you mean?"
"Your eyes: you went upstairs 5 minutes ago, and now your eyes are spangled"

I decided to use this remarkable little device whilst preparing Sunday lunch for extended family, in a couple of hours.

Excellent with some Lebanese hash. And like most people I expect, I heated for about 2 minutes, hoping for an Elev8r type experience before losing patience, hitting it like a brick and getting the best of both worlds. Lovely piece of kit.

Top Bottom