Vapman

186°

Clearly it’s just photoshop my dude! Probably some shady gimmick to get you in the door or maybe an April fools relic. Don’t you worry about it just tell me where this shop is and I’ll go straighten them out for ya! :cool::brow::lol:
Pretty sure it is rather the opposite of photoshopped. E.g. they had an old picture and didn't want to have any effort, like didn't wan't to change anything on the website. I've found that pic a while ago, too. Why not call/write them to check out, whether this old "element"-Vapman still exists?

I remember, there is a post by Vapman's René, where he explains at which times he changed the branding on the Vapman.

Radwin Bodnic

Last edited:

bankruptcy

Pretty sure it is rather the opposite of photoshopped. E.g. they had an old picture and didn't want to have any effort, like didn't wan't to change anything on the website. I've found that pic a while ago, too. Why not call/write them to check out, whether this old "element"-Vapman still exists?

I remember, there is a post by Vapman's René, where he explains at which times he changed the branding on the Vapman.
Yes i've tought about this after posting, might be the case. I'm going to write them an email and update everyone once they get back to me. Of course if it's actually the case they have some very old units I'd have no problem in getting some extra for anyone interested.

fangorn

Michael checked and... I got my spot to pre-order... twice!
I just haven't received any confirmation!

great news !
I can't wait to pay, haha

have a good weekend and happy vaping everyone

ps: the wood of the new cases is magnificent... It really makes you want it!
I looked to see if there was a new Vapman... fortunately not, otherwise I was good to make a purchase... or two!!

The padauk is beautiful, but I love the olive tree!!!

vapman

Manufacturer
hey guys sorry to be confused of the sold-out button, there are a few stations left, so just sign in to the pre-sale, if you didn't got an email check the spam folder, if you didn't got any mail just write us a email and we check if you are on the list.
Buy the way, we worked also on a new vapcase, go on our website to check the new woods and features out :)

tashian

Yes i've tought about this after posting, might be the case. I'm going to write them an email and update everyone once they get back to me. Of course if it's actually the case they have some very old units I'd have no problem in getting some extra for anyone interested.

tashian,

Radwin Bodnic

If you get units made before 2014, then you would want to add the heat protection ring.
In order to reduce the wear and tear of the middle section the heat protection ring was introduced in 2014. Now, you could install such ring on your worn out middle section and adjust the tension of the springs by yourself
It is not sold on the Vapman website though M & D would probably add one for free if you ask when ordering something from them. You can find it at Verdampftnochmal (EU), and probably others retailers as well.
You'd have to sand down a little your middle section to give enough room to fit the ring and that's what allows to adjust the spring tension.

I did it on my old pear after 10 years of use and it made the springs snappier than a new unit. I like when the middle piece twisting motion is a bit firm. It even increased the taste because sanding the middle section will remove the charred wood under the stainless steel filter, and the ring let the wood stay cooler.

foto-no-exif.jpg

I really like the patina on the pear.

Last edited:

bankruptcy

Thank you for the heads up and information @Radwin Bodnic!

If I actually manage to get a pre-2014 unit I obviously would like to preserve it as much as possible, the heat ring sounds like its absolutely necessary. Plus I love a snappy assembly as well, the snappier the better, the feeling (and sound ;)) really adds to the experience in my opinion.

By the way beautiful vapman and perfect picture mon frère!

bankruptcy

Brief and sad update regarding a potential element branded vapman.

Unfortunately as @186° said it was just an old stock picture, the model available is a swiss model "Vapman-made in swiss" branded. I was ready to get it nontheless (and alredy sold some old vapes to accomodate the expense), but apparently they sold the last walnut (basic) unit to a customer in ther shop and now they have it available only in pear (basic) and at a significantly higher price.
To sum up, a defeat in almost every front*, I'm sorry to have raised expectations for nothing.

I might eventually get the pear, but, personally, I'm not done looking for an very old unit, the older and rarer the better. I will scout the most obscure sites looking for it.
We'll see if i manage to be succesful, if i find something noteworthy you'll probably be the first one to know.

Hell, if Renè has some very first model left in a corner of his shop I would get it immediately. I would even go get it myself :lol:

*I mean a vapman basic in pear is sold out in the official site so I guess it's somewhat an achievement, but definelty not comparable in rarity to what was expected.

Bolano

Unfortunately as @186° said it was just an old stock picture, the model available is a swiss model "Vapman-made in swiss" branded. I was ready to get it nontheless (and alredy sold some old vapes to accomodate the expense), but apparently they sold the last walnut (basic) unit to a customer in ther shop and now they have it available only in pear (basic) and at a significantly higher price.
To sum up, a defeat in almost every front*, I'm sorry to have raised expectations for nothing.

I might eventually get the pear, but, personally, I'm not done looking for an very old unit, the older and rarer the better. I will scout the most obscure sites looking for it.
We'll see if i manage to be succesful, if i find something noteworthy you'll probably be the first one to know.

Hell, if Renè has some very first model left in a corner of his shop I would get it immediately. I would even go get it myself :lol:

*I mean a vapman basic in pear is sold out in the official site so I guess it's somewhat an achievement, but definelty not comparable in rarity to what was expected.

Keep chasing the dream! Lovely picture of the original vapman. Not sure I've seen that before.

For no particular reason, here are some of my own collection. A greenheart, two olive and two yew

vapman

Manufacturer

this is the really really first prototype of vapman and there exists only one, we have given it a very special place in our office. So there is no chance anybody gets it :D me and Michael also only vaped one time with it, it works great! :D

bankruptcy

Really gorgeous vapmen @Bolano! Greenheart is my favourite, superb colour; the first row on the left is a close second.

I wasn't aware there is only one of it @vapman, it makes it even more fascinating. I'm sure it was a magical session, vaping with a real piece of vaping history. If ever possible I would be glad to see it in person one day.

Dr. G

Old Resident
this is the really really first prototype of vapman and there exists only one, we have given it a very special place in our office. So there is no chance anybody gets it :D me and Michael also only vaped one time with it, it works great! :D
Please make the book we spoke about...all of these photos and history should be in a nice book large with beautiful photos. Someone has got to start working on this...there is a huge collection of Vapmans that should be seen...I love them all. I have 11 of them.

im not a robot

so i have had my vapman for.. a year & a half maybe? really fond of it still, #1 in my rotation, BUT i feel like taste has gone downhill noticeably. there is cleaning advice in this thread that i think (?) i followed: unscrew & soak the mid section in acetone, clean mouthpiece & metal parts with alcohol. it is possible maybe i waited too long to clean the midsection, took me a while to purchase acetone (...), and this midpiece looked really grimy on the inside. but after the acetone bath i thought it would be fine. it looks fine now, scorched, yes, but that just happens over time right?
another variable i suppose is the actual material i put in it. i dont get fresh ingredients here often, so what i had in stock degraded over time, and what i just got fresh is a different variety. but still. i feel like i remember the vapman tasting better than this. maybe i am heating wrong now? i try to do it slow, usually multiple shorter heat cycles instead of the 3s on / off, but i have tried everything lately, taste is just really muted. maybe it is me? in any case, if anyone has advice, id love to hear it, b/c vapman is still my #1.

im not a robot,
Top Bottom