• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

vapeape77

I read last night somewhere…. only use grade A full melt hash in the vapman. That’s hard to come by. Maybe I can get a gram of $40 A- hash, but some of that stuff runs $75 a gram at the shop.

Any feedback appreciated about hash or kief since I’m heading to the shop tomorrow (got my vapman!).

Probably best to not do full loads of kief if the high end hash only statement is correct for not ruining the little guy…

Thanks!

vapeape77,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I read last night somewhere…. only use grade A full melt hash in the vapman. That’s hard to come by. Maybe I can get a gram of $40 A- hash, but some of that stuff runs $75 a gram at the shop.

Any feedback appreciated about hash or kief since I’m heading to the shop tomorrow (got my vapman!).

Probably best to not do full loads of kief if the high end hash only statement is correct for not ruining the little guy…

Thanks!
I use bubble hash and kief in my vapman all the time. With the kief I use the little concentrate screen but the bubble hash comes out clean either way. I do always wipe everything out after a session, of course.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: vapeape77

vapeape77

I use bubble hash and kief in my vapman all the time. With the kief I use the little concentrate screen but the bubble hash comes out clean either way. I do always wipe everything out after a session, of course.
Excellent! I’m gonna get a gram of $25 and $40 bubble hash and some $15 kief then. Stuff ain’t cheap anyway

Ps I’m super happy my old mflb dart is a perfect fit

Also here are some pics of the airflow mouthpiece, gonna try it half opened to start.
Lol and I also have some Frankenstein’s

PSS first bowl perfect brown abv, really nice body buzz off 5 hits Dutchberry! 4 sec flame 3 sec wait 4 sec flame bang!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Is that a spiral stem? God, it's beautiful!
These really have made my day! Thank you @Ed's TnT

I will be using them with the vapman airflow mouthpiece, air holes closed to enjoy the single carb on Ed’s dyna stem. Just sealed all pieces snug! Also with the long stem setup I can hold the vapman from the middle stem and my fingers won’t get so hot.

vapeape77

Oh man guys, ran some mid grade Cindy’s Dream bubble hash in the vapman with a j hook and wood stem setup. Ended up feeling so stoned I needed a weed nap, best nap I’ve had since I quit toking!

I was able to hit it while torching with a good view of my torch aim due to the bent neck glass, seemed better tasting imo (more convection?). Anyway zero learning curve issues here, just wish I owned a vapman earlier!

Oh yeah… unfortunately I’m gonna have to sand down the inside of my new ☘️ box to fit vapman coffin style.

Last edited:

Vahn84

Hi all! The vapman has arrived...but even if i watched a lot of videos describing the technique it seems i can't get a lot of vapor out of it...most of the time none. I heat it for 3secs then stop then i heat it again for another 3 secs. But most of the time i get no vapor out of it...or not that much. Inside the herb is still green-ish so i guess there's something i'm doing wrong. how much distance should i keep between the flame and the copper nipple of the vapman?

Vahn84,

Choices

Hi all! The vapman has arrived...but even if i watched a lot of videos describing the technique it seems i can't get a lot of vapor out of it...most of the time none. I heat it for 3secs then stop then i heat it again for another 3 secs. But most of the time i get no vapor out of it...or not that much. Inside the herb is still green-ish so i guess there's something i'm doing wrong. how much distance should i keep between the flame and the copper nipple of the vapman?
Congrats on getting a Vapman. Without knowing your torch model, I’d bump your heat count up from 3 to 4 and try it out. Then perhaps go to five if results are still lacking. After this you can adjust the flame up if need be but go back to 3 to start. Just keep track and only vary one aspect at a time. You will likely combust at some point so have cleaning materials nearby. Learning is fun!

davap84

I have a vapman since a few days too, and i had some problems. I tried various method, but now it's ok.
My flame (inner blue part) has the size of the mouthpiece's screen.
I aim the tip of the bowl with the tip of the inner flame.
For the first draw, i use this pattern. 4 seconds on, 4 seconds off, 4 times. Draw.
For the following draw, 4 s or 2x4s.
For the kief, 4x4s for the first draw. 2x4s for the following. Eventually 3x4s.
Test. If you have nothing, put more heat.
I don't close the air holes.

coolbreeze

Try an inner flame length equal to the diameter of the base of the upper piece (~.6") , and then try a sequence of 4 seconds on/off>3 seconds on/off, 2 seconds>hit it. If you hit it again while it's warm, try 2 seconds on>hit, otherwise just follow with 2 second blasts until it wakes back up. If it cools all the way down AFTER a hit, try 4>3>hit.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Vahn84

Congrats on getting a Vapman. Without knowing your torch model, I’d bump your heat count up from 3 to 4 and try it out. Then perhaps go to five if results are still lacking. After this you can adjust the flame up if need be but go back to 3 to start. Just keep track and only vary one aspect at a time. You will likely combust at some point so have cleaning materials nearby. Learning is fun!
Thank you for the help! The torch i'm currently using is the one you get for free inside the vapman box. I've actually combusted right after i read your comment. I laughed myself off :D i knew i would...at some point...but doing it right after i read your comment was hilarious
I have a vapman since a few days too, and i had some problems. I tried various method, but now it's ok.
My flame (inner blue part) has the size of the mouthpiece's screen.
I aim the tip of the bowl with the tip of the inner flame.
For the first draw, i use this pattern. 4 seconds on, 4 seconds off, 4 times. Draw.
For the following draw, 4 s or 2x4s.
For the kief, 4x4s for the first draw. 2x4s for the following. Eventually 3x4s.
Test. If you have nothing, put more heat.
I don't close the air holes.
Try an inner flame length equal to the diameter of the base of the upper piece (~.6") , and then try a sequence of 4 seconds on/off>3 seconds on/off, 2 seconds>hit it. If you hit it again while it's warm, try 2 seconds on>hit, otherwise just follow with 2 second blasts until it wakes back up. If it cools all the way down AFTER a hit, try 4>3>hit.

My flame now has the same length of the upper part screen. i tried with a pattern of 3/3 2 times and i got one nice hit, nice flavor, and another one but almost no vapor at all. i think i'm still aiming my inner flame too much against the nipple though...but i'll keep trying

Thank you all...I'll report tomorrow after some practice!

P.S. How many hits do you get with one heating cycle? 2 at max?

coolbreeze

P.S. How many hits do you get with one heating cycle? 2 at max?
I usually pack it a little over what looks like half-full and get several hits (4-5?) and a few more if it's full. The first hit is usually the wispiest and tastiest, and succeeding hits will heat easier/quicker as the herbs have dried somewhat. I usually get nice hits with tapering flavor, but one could push a little more aggressively, I'm sure. Just adjust your timings and sequences to find your comfort zone, and give it a stir half-way through. You will eventually have enough control to get just the hit you want, pretty much.

Vahn84

I usually pack it a little over what looks like half-full and get several hits (4-5?) and a few more if it's full. The first hit is usually the wispiest and tastiest, and succeeding hits will heat easier/quicker as the herbs have dried somewhat. I usually get nice hits with tapering flavor, but one could push a little more aggressively, I'm sure. Just adjust your timings and sequences to find your comfort zone, and give it a stir half-way through. You will eventually have enough control to get just the hit you want, pretty much.
Wait...do you mean 4/5 hits with one heating cycle? 4 on/off 3 on/of 2 on/off and you get 4/5 hits from that?

Vahn84,

coolbreeze

Wait...do you mean 4/5 hits with one heating cycle? 4 on/off 3 on/of 2 on/off and you get 4/5 hits from that?
I'm sorry, no. I meant per bowl. Usually a hit, maybe a bit of followup per heating, with a handful of heatings per fill.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Vahn84

Squidge

Butane powered
...P.S. How many hits do you get with one heating cycle? 2 at max?
One hit per heat cycle. And for me the inner blue flame reaches half way across the filter. I also hit the nipple with the inner flame.

My method -
Initial heat cycle
2 x 5 count, then hit.

Following cycles*
To increase heat: 5 count (more clouds)
Stay: 4 count (static clouds)
Decrease heat: 3 count (less cloudy)

*Adapt to your personal preference.

I stop when I don't like the taste anymore. Depending on how much is in the bowl, there can be anything between 4 - 10 cycles. There may not be a lot of vapour, but the effects will still be evident.

vapeape77

Anyone else hit their vapman while you are lighting it? Need a bubbler or j hook to have a good view from above of the flame.

This past week since I got my vapman I’ve been using a very fine grind and have been filling the flower pretty close to the brim. Seems to work pretty well for me this way.

For heating up I light it for 4 sec, wait 3, then hit it while lighting for 5 sec.

Rest of session I just hit it for about 5 seconds while lighting the nip with no intermittent waiting/flaming needed, maybe 6 hits total depending on bud quality.

Anyway I’m probably an oddball for using it this way…. but I really enjoy how this setup has the same ritual feel as when I use to smoke bowls, plus imo better taste and control of cloud production.

coolbreeze

Anyone else hit their vapman while you are lighting it? Need a bubbler or j hook to have a good view from above of the flame.

This past week since I got my vapman I’ve been using a very fine grind and have been filling the flower pretty close to the brim. Seems to work pretty well for me this way.

For heating up I light it for 4 sec, wait 3, then hit it while lighting for 5 sec.

Rest of session I just hit it for about 5 seconds while lighting the nip with no intermittent waiting/flaming needed, maybe 6 hits total depending on bud quality.

Anyway I’m probably an oddball for using it this way…. but I really enjoy how this setup has the same ritual feel as when I use to smoke bowls, plus imo better taste and control of cloud production.
Lotus-style. I do this on the bong, too! I will try your method/timings out.

Squidge

Butane powered
Yep, I've done that when using a water piece. Though, I still prefer it native.
You're not an oddball lol We all have our quirks and foibles when it comes to using the Vapman; it's part of what makes it such a great device.

The size. The form factor. The ritual. The way it's so easy to personalise it to the way you like. There is no "right" way to use it - except "don't combust" 😉

vapeape77

Lotus-style. I do this on the bong, too! I will try your method/timings out.
Today I tried varying the length of the flame by positioning it at the nip and then lifting it up and away each counted second. Seemed nice tasting but realized it was taking too much focus for me.

Squidge, You are correct it’s probably one of the most personalizable vapes around. How has the vapman not gain more fans over the years??? It’s hands down better than the vapcap imo and that page is super popular…

Top Bottom