Vapman

coolbreeze

Yes it does and I did actually try to use these, there are 5 different ones but they're all too large to fit into the lighter. The nozzle itself fits, and is metal but I am not sure if that matters or not
Ok, I just got mine and filled it. I ran into just a bit of trouble, but it may be because I was near the end of the can. What I found was that the valve seems a little deeper and its chamber is narrower on this lighter than on some of my others so it was slightly trickier to seat properly.

Maybe your filling tip has a graduated circumference, where it's slightly bigger around near the can, and smaller where it goes into the lighter's valve, and the wider part is hanging up on the tube-chamber surrounding the valve and thus activating the can when you push, but without the tip reaching far enough in to mate with the valve? If your can came with a longer tube, try that one and see if it can reach deep enough to seat on the valve.

One other thing I ran into was that for some reason (I was near the end of the can?) the first 1/3 of the lighter filled fine, but I could not get it to fill to the line unless I pumped it. It finally filled and it seems to work well.

Hope all this helps!

kuzko

Tried out something fun with the Vapman today. I modified a glass/wood combustion pipe a while back to accommodate a Dynavap tip and I recently acquired a Vapman-to-Dynastem adapter. So I stuck the adapter on one of my Vapman and the Dynapipe and created the Vapman-Pipe. It doesn't really add much to function other than the increased vapor path for cooling but I've always been a fan of the traditional smoking pipe aesthetic. It stands up pretty well except for on the Vapman station the extra weight of the pipe's mouthpiece makes it lean crooked. First two pics are of the Dynapipe I already posted once on the Dynavap thread years ago, the second two pics are after converting it into the Vapman-Pipe. Vapman/Dyna adapter courtesy of KG Woodcrafts. Might be better if I created a new one using the same pipe but have the whole top chamber of the Vapman recessed into bottom of the pipe. Or just use a j-hook and WPA…

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I cannot get butane to go into the vapman lighter. I have purged the air, point it downwards, press firmly on the can and it just sprays everywhere. I have two vapman lighters so there is no way both of them are broken haha. I have used half a can of butane just trying to fill it up. I read somewhere that someone took the black flame size control plastic piece off when they refill and was wondering if anyone else has tried that?

I am really at a loss for what to do here. This is my first butane powered vape to be fair but the process of filling butane is fairly straight forward and easy. The can fits without an adapter and everything.

I just really want to try this vape out already:lol:
Hi, please write us a mail if its still not working, so we can help you out. 😊

The filling process should be quite easy.
Best if if you turn the lighter on minus than fill it (upside down), without pressing to hard...

coolbreeze

Endless Knot on Roor Inside:
IMG-0520.jpg

IMG-0523.jpg

IMG-0528.jpg

Last edited:

recursive

coolbreeze said:
Maybe your filling tip has a graduated circumference, where it's slightly bigger around near the can, and smaller where it goes into the lighter's valve, and the wider part is hanging up on the tube-chamber surrounding the valve and thus activating the can when you push, but without the tip reaching far enough in to mate with the valve? If your can came with a longer tube, try that one and see if it can reach deep enough to seat on the valve.

One other thing I ran into was that for some reason (I was near the end of the can?) the first 1/3 of the lighter filled fine, but I could not get it to fill to the line unless I pumped it. It finally filled and it seems to work well.

Thank you and your Vapman is beautiful! Is there any way to check this? I really think I might go randomly buy a new can because it has to be the tip of the can. The tip of the can fits around the valve (which it should do this I am assuming?) but it doesn't seem to press the valve in the lighter down to fill it. As you said maybe it is because it changes width or something haha

vapman said:
Hi, please write us a mail if its still not working, so we can help you out. 😊
Thank you! I am new to this forum so I am not sure if I can direct message or if I should just email. Yes that is what confuses me too, filling lighters with butane is a straight forward process yet I am still having difficulties but I am confident that I am doing everything correct :lol:

recursive,
Reactions: vapman

coolbreeze

The tip of the can fits around the valve (which it should do this I am assuming?) but it doesn't seem to press the valve in the lighter down to fill it.
Hmmm. If it behaves the same way in both Vapman lighters, then I would do that, try a new can of fuel. If the valve is not going down in your torch, it could be that that is what's broken, and comparing it to the other identical torch should show that. If they both act the same, it must be the can's valve not fitting it correctly, for whatever reason. A high-quality fuel should have fewer issues with their fittings, fwiw.

Also, thanks! Just got it and already I love it. Bet it's gonna see a lot of use!

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

recursive

coolbreeze said:
If the valve is not going down in your torch, it could be that that is what's broken, and comparing it to the other identical torch should show that

The valve definitely goes down, if I press down with a toothpick or something to purge any air that may be there it does physically move down. It just seems like maybe the tip of the can doesn't physically press it down. The tip of the can should be slightly wider than the valve right?

recursive,

coolbreeze

The valve definitely goes down, if I press down with a toothpick or something to purge any air that may be there it does physically move down. It just seems like maybe the tip of the can doesn't physically press it down. The tip of the can should be slightly wider than the valve right?
I would think so. How weird. If you get more try a different brand, unless what you've got is the best you can get. Maybe it's just got some quirky nozzle that won't cooperate.

kuzko

Caught Troy and Jerry’s Think Dank on the tube, Jerry showed off a beta of a new carrying case being developed for the Vapman by Vapman. Looks super slick and pocket friendly, apparently the beta is being called the Casket.

Squidge

Butane powered
Caught Troy and Jerry’s Think Dank on the tube, Jerry showed off a beta of a new carrying case being developed for the Vapman by Vapman. Looks super slick and pocket friendly, apparently the beta is being called the Casket.
Bad name lol

I'll stick with using either the egg or a spare 4 cell 18650 EVA case I have. (as shown previously in this thread)

Squidge,

madfunkadelic

😄 sorry guys, “casket” was just a translation mistake...

Would you have an idea for a cool name for the wooden box?
A casket is a small box in which you keep valuable things. Personally, I didn't like the name at first, but it's actually growing on me! Very original and doesn't have "vap or vape" which is maybe a bit over-used. Good job guys! The adjustable airflow is the last box to check for me... it's basically a perfect vape now. A cooling unit that fits your mouthpieces would be neat, otherwise I'll keep twisting my own out of stainless steel zip-ties. :) Peace and Love

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Looks like you could round the case it into an ovoid profile with jar at the large end, the body in the small end. Call it "The Egg."

coolbreeze,

Squidge

Butane powered

I'm gonna be boring and suggest the "Vapman Carry" lol

Now, one problem I'm noticing with the case is there's no place to put the borosilicate mouthpiece, which a fair few people seem to prefer to use.

Anyway, here's a screen grab of the case...

kuzko

Was that the one where Troy scrapes his bowl in a debowler like a savage?

Lol I must have missed that, sometimes I just listen to the stream while doing other tasks. I did see he was loading in concentrate without the concentrate screen(he couldn’t find his). That’s savage enough for me. YouTube makes it hard for them to show the actual cannabis though so I couldn’t even see how he was packing.

kuzko,
Reactions: bask
Top Bottom