Vapman

Bolano

@EnemyLemon, I totally agree about with you about olive wood. I was lucky to get one of Rene last year and it's a personal favorite. Each to their own but I think its a great wood with beautiful grains.
David and Michael have chosen really well. A great looking sustainable hardwood from their native country and I'm can't wait to see what what they have in store.

Resistanceseeds

oh boy that pricing escalated quickly. Basic was €85 and is now €144 - I know that it‘s a set item now, but still not cool. I mean €60 more for a cheap lighter, a rug and a wooden box? Come on!

Also this whole Influencer Marketing lifestyle campaign doesn‘t resonate with me. In my opinion it doesn’t fit to the down to earth artisan vibe the vapman originally had.

I wanted to get one of the new ones, but probably will snag one of the last swiss made basics that are still in stock at verdampftnochmal...

Edit: price difference is mostly due to different wood. I didn‘t take that into consideration. Apologies!

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
oh boy that pricing escalated quickly. Basic was €85 and is now €144 - I know that it‘s a set item now, but still not cool. I mean €60 more for a cheap lighter, a rug and a wooden box? Come on!
To be fair, before the new owners came in, a series in Olive wood was called special edition and notably more expensive than the pear basics / classics.
I did miss the olive edition when it happened, but I would consider olive wood as quite perfect for the application. It is a great wood with nice attributes. There is a reason why olive wood is used in higher priced kitchen utensils.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Tried to get some concentrate screens and a black POM mouthpiece 👍

Only to be greeted with the message after entering my address... "We don’t offer shipping to England."

Thanks, @vapman_official !
I took this screenshot from this shipping info page. I think some clarification is needed here, @vapman @vapman_official please could you clarify your position?

Screenshot_2021-09-10-14-46-27-848_com.android.chrome_copy_1008x842.jpg

sirwalter

Also this whole Influencer Marketing lifestyle campaign doesn‘t resonate with me. In my opinion it doesn’t fit to the down to earth artisan vibe the vapman originally had.

I wanted to get one of the new ones, but probably will snag one of the last swiss made basics that are still in stock at verdampftnochmal...

I have an olive wood Basic made by Rene (the previous owner) and it definitely wasn't €85- I would have to check, but I believe I paid around €130.

Worth it in my opinion, I think it is an ideal wood for a Vapman.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I have an olive wood Basic made by Rene (the previous owner) and it definitely wasn't €85- I would have to check, but I believe I paid around €130.

Worth it in my opinion, I think it is an ideal wood for a Vapman.
Thank you for this perspective, it changes my mind a lot! I’d have to agree with resistanceseeds though, this whole marketing aspect is really missing the “mark” for me.

Woodisgood

Thank you for this perspective, it changes my mind a lot! I’d have to agree with resistanceseeds though, this whole marketing aspect is really missing the “mark” for me.
To be fair, the new owners are still fairly young are probably trying to appeal to their own demographic with the whole "insta/wellness" vibe.

This forum is mostly full of crusty old dudes as far as I can tell. Vapman needs new customers, not just us, if the biz is going to grow and survive.

That said, I believe Rene has carefully built a LOT of goodwill and word of mouth sales over many years via this site and Michael and David should come and say hi here at least.

Last edited:

Bolano

This forum is mostly full of crusty old dudes as far as I can tell. Vapman needs new customers, not just us, if the biz is going to grow and survive.
:rofl:
Well said. I would sit myself firmly in between the two groups. I'm not a crusty old dude nor a user of Instagram, just an admirer of Rene's work and keen to see what David and Michael do. They've kept vapman alive so they're good people in my books.

With regards to the cost, it fits in with the exotic woods Rene worked with over the last few years. The cost of vapman has remained consistent over the last 15 odd years despite probable increases in manufacturing costs so a price increase was probably inevitable at some point.

Anyway, I've been waiting ages for this so I'm off shopping 🙂

Squidge

Butane powered
Ok, Update... They've changed it so I can now purchase items but it's going to cost me €14.00 in shipping, regardless of whether I spend €5 or €249.

It's an improvement, at least. :\

Oh, and taxes are now included. :) 👍

Last edited:

kuzko

Already have 2 original Vapman’s but looking to pick up a new one just to see the differences. I’ll probably wait for a different wood though. I already didn’t like the Olive and it’s expensive considering I don’t NEED it. Hopefully they come out with cheaper woods in the future, Walnut is my favorite.

cheezyvapor

To be fair, the new owners are still fairly young are probably trying to appeal to their own demographic with the whole "insta/wellness" vibe.

That said, I believe Rene has carefully built a LOT of goodwill and word of mouth sales over many years via this site and Michael and David should come and say hi here at least.
honest i think that younger "insta/wellness" crowd would probably pick up something more convenient like a mighty bc its modern, flashy, and so easy to use. as far as i know, crusty old dudes love torch powered vapes. me included lmao

Resistanceseeds

To be fair, before the new owners came in, a series in Olive wood was called special edition and notably more expensive than the pear basics / classics.

ok, this puts things in perspective. I just wouldn‘t have thought that olive wood was so expensive - my bad.

Squidge

Butane powered
honest i think that younger "insta/wellness" crowd would probably pick up something more convenient like a mighty bc its modern, flashy, and so easy to use. as far as i know, crusty old dudes love torch powered vapes. me included lmao
No, I reckon they'd go for the Pax 3 over the Mighty. It's much prettier! lol

Though, the Vapman is possibly cheaper than both...

nils

Just buy the classic version, i'm happy to test versus my stick brick junior, waiting for delivery

nils,

Bolano

Does anyone know if only the classic is fine sanded and oiled? The website mentions the addition of the mica on the classic but no other differences.
In the olden times the basic wasn't fine sanded or oiled.

Top Bottom