Vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
Hello René,
that is a reasonable thought, thank you. So there is hope for it then.
I have a fitting AC/DC Adapter with the output:
12V - 3A
Could I use that to check if the Station works at least?

Just make sure the polarity is identical on the 12V - 3A adapter. In case the polarity is the other way around it wouldn't hurt the station but you wouldn't find out where the problem is either. I don't know what happens when the station gets plugged in to a 12V -3A adapter but because the voltage is lower, it should be safe. What about checking out the adapter itself on a laptop, they also run on 20V?

vapman

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Decided to order myself one of these beauties from a German headshop :rockon: I love heavy hitting vapes that take a bit of learning and also use tiny amounts of herb, and the package looks so sleek and beautifully designed. Shame to see that they aren’t being made anymore, though I’m confident mine will last me quite a while;)

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Thx FC Family. Yew is already gone. I could not get station units. Perhaps I can strong arm Rene if he will send me just one more batch. In the meantime I believe you can get station units direct from him.

And I also want to thank Rene for allowing this last batch to be sold. They are going quickly my friend! I appreciate the VGoodiez/Vapman partnership!

OF

I wasn’t planning on this, but I just snagged what was apparently the last unit in stock at VGOODIEZ. Finished walnut unit.

This is a unit that’s been on my radar for a while and I’ve always admired it from afar. Couldn’t resist a chance to give it a shot.

OK, so we hate you now? You'll get over it.

You might even consider a new account.....

I've got one from the first made, I enjoy it from time to time in an even more personal way than with the 'everyday pear' one. Special. It performs much like the much more used one does. Robust with careful use. Dependable.

But Walnut does make it more special. Enjoy yours.

Regards to all.

OF

SquanchKava

I orderd an unfinished Walnut one from Vgoodiez. A Vapman has been on the VAS bucketlist for a while. I am thinking of using some Sticky Brick oil on the outside wood to give it a little sparkle to make the grain pop and protection. I love the look of Walnut. Or maybe linseed oil it, eventually.
I know the stem fits 14mm glass natively and I love using j hooks and mini water pieces with my vapes. Does it conduct heat to the herb well when fully turned upside down? Or is better to heat it sideways then flip it over?

flammy

I orderd an unfinished Walnut one from Vgoodiez. A Vapman has been on the VAS bucketlist for a while. I am thinking of using some Sticky Brick oil on the outside wood to give it a little sparkle to make the grain pop and protection. I love the look of Walnut. Or maybe linseed oil it, eventually.
I know the stem fits 14mm glass natively and I love using j hooks and mini water pieces with my vapes. Does it conduct heat to the herb well when fully turned upside down? Or is better to heat it sideways then flip it over?

Nice snag...the vapman is one of my favorites and is always in my rotation.

If you choose to oil, I would definitely go with linseed especially since that is what Rene uses. It works upside down when connected to a 14mm joint. I've tried that myself but I didn't find that approach enjoyable. One bowl in the vapman will give me 10+ hits and using glass interrupts the ritual for me but YMMV. You should definitely try it to see what you think.

I recommend getting a MLFB glass stem. It's not a 100% perfect fit but it does fit and works really well. Also, for anyone who might be wondering about the Station...it's worth it. I think its appropriate to compare to the DV/IH combo here. It's certainly not necessary but it produces consistent results without need for technique. I was lucky to snag one from Vgoodiez on his first batch and picked up a backup when I realized that the future of Vapman was in question.

passenger

is this thing on?
@vapman That made me smile, thanks a lot for the offer! It won't be necessary, because I bought that adapter already. I was asking because it makes some slight buzzing sounds in usage which your adapter didn't do. Apart from that it does the job and taking your offer wouldn't be nachhaltig :)
I am very willing to pay you for the postage by the way. Happy you help me out!

Dutch-Mic

I could write an enormous ode about the Vapman, but sometimes a picture says more than words:

Okay a few words: the Vapman looks unique, taste is top notch and it's very efficient with our beloved herbs. I hope that new Vapmans will be made and that new users will become Vapman fans.

I just received my Walnut unit. I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship. So classy!

EB23500-C-D5-EC-4-C4-F-81-FF-05-BCA170-B2-C1.jpg

Last edited:

OF

My unfinished Walnut model landed yesterday. What a fun and potent little vape. So glad I finally checked the Vapman off of my vape bucketlist.

Good catch. Great vape indeed. You might want to finish the wood before it gets stained or otherwise damaged. Light sanding and a couple of coats of (boiled) linseed oil (the finish used by VM) worked for me. A good paste wax would also be simple, easy and safe.

Best wishes to all. Enjoy your VM, it's special too.

OF

passenger

is this thing on?
From what I've read here, the walnut will age nicely even if left unfinished. What do you mean by "otherwise damaged" apart from the aesthetics? Just curious.

Also, I think here is very little information how the Vapman performs with concentrates. I know there is the concentrate screen option, but over time the middle section should suffer quite a lot?
I'd like to read some long term experiences.

OF

From what I've read here, the walnut will age nicely even if left unfinished. What do you mean by "otherwise damaged" apart from the aesthetics? Just curious.

Also, I think here is very little information how the Vapman performs with concentrates. I know there is the concentrate screen option, but over time the middle section should suffer quite a lot?
I'd like to read some long term experiences.

It depends on how you view your VM, I suppose. I don't generally care much about cosmetics, but a nice warm piece of walnut beats an old stick in the details? My opinion, of course. The open pores mean stains from everyday happenings can 'dig in', even things like soot, and need bleaching to remove, or lots of careful sanding (or both) should you decide later that your 'one and only, now very hard to find' could use a little clean up.

Some of course, will cherish that look. It does take all kinds, after all.

It's not going to stay very nice inside, due to the lack of the heat shield. It's going to char and burn in an often uncontrolled way that leads to intentionally taking the torch to it. Which is cool for those who want that?

A finish also seals out water, not that many use them in the hot tub these days. Mechanically, that could lead to troubles. More important to some than others, I offer it for consideration......

Linseed oil is easy and proven very effective (which is no doubt why 'the man' uses it?). Military rifle stocks have been finished this way and survived years in battle, and decades in civilian use. Protects good as they say. Good paste waxes, high in Carnauba, you can roller skate on. And eat (it's what keeps M&Ms shiny). You know all that lovely old stuff in museum display cases? Most of it's waxed. Wood, metal and even cloth in some cases I'm told. Either finish easily wipes on, hardens, and can be easily buffed to a lasting shine. IMO worth considering. And now, when it's new, is the time.

Concentrates are covered quite a lot. Both the factory screens made for the purpose and home made versions. How many is also a factor. As is cleaning them.

The center section fouls of course. Faster with concentrates. This too has been discussed several times in great detail. Repeating it all would be an effort and covering all the aspects/opinions expressed by predecessors would be uncertain. Any one guy, or even a team of them, is likely to leave something out?

Cleaning is mechanical at least VM has some good stuff on being careful with the tiny screws (not to strip them, and get them back on 'the right tightness'). He suggests scraping with a pen knife in fact, not that many of us do that? Chemical possiblly, soaks in Acetone? Again, something best avoided?

So lots of 'long term experience' waiting for you, hundreds of pages of it. Some easily skimmed over, some very important. Enjoy.

Regards to all. Stay separated and safe. "Don't bunch up, one round will get you all".

OF

passenger

is this thing on?
I did a quick swipe and wipe with my Sicky Brick sauce and it really made it pop. Walnut is such a pretttly wood.

Yes, it looks very nice! Did you dissamble anything for rubbing it in?

@OF (or anyone) I have Holzbutter / Wood Butter, brand is Renuwell - that could work too? I use it for my Dynavaps. Would leave out the airpath of middle section I guess.

OF

I did a quick swipe and wipe with my Sicky Brick sauce and it really made it pop. Walnut is such a pretttly wood.

Sorry, I don't know the stuff, but I suspect it's beeswax based as most such are? Big improvement over raw wood, but only part way home. Notice the still open pores? Dirt, oils and other contamination from handling will pack in there over time. A few more coats might fill them for a while but won't seal the surface like linseed oil or paste wax.

Better than it was earlier, well done.

Yes, it looks very nice! Did you dissamble anything for rubbing it in?

@OF (or anyone) I have Holzbutter / Wood Butter, brand is Renuwell - that could work too?

Sorry, don't know that one, either. If it says 'butter' I suspect it's beeswax (which doesn't harden rather remains 'butter like'. Should be OK, better than raw? Also consider furniture polishes, some dry quite hard. We used to use 'Lemon Pledge' (in a spray can) to lube our airgun pellets, a pretty demanding job it turns out. Strangely the same stuff seems to work on furniture, go figure.....

Regards to all.

OF

OF

Top Bottom