Vaping's Phlegm

Alexis

Damnit, gf just ordered from iHerb. lol. @invertedisdead i have my Tip almost as clean as yours, pure taste and no coughs... my M is alive again for me

I used essential oils in the past, will reorder some soon.
No harm done mate. It won't last forever lol! You can order anywhere next time, or even sooner, have two on hand, maybe even use the less effective one for water pieces.

I hope I will be able to say the same thing (no harm done) about the insane LSD bender I have embarked upon for 11 days now.

6830 ug total after 300 ug shortly ago....

But on the VERY positive side- I had a rotten case of true OG Flu. 6 week illness, based in the lymphatic system.

Just like always...6 weeks is up and POOF! Flu suddenly dies off. God, never realised how much it was killing me.

Hency my wild tripping escapade I believe.

GoldenBud

I hope I will be able to say the same thing (no harm done) about the insane LSD bender I have embarked upon for 11 days now.
The buds from strain LSD were the hightlight of January ;)
amazing high, ok taste, long lasting
btw
@Alexis some guy i know which is 55y/o got COVID19, along with other 5 women (all 45+) . only the one which doesn't do cannabis, got the symptoms.... who knows what exactly it does, but it help..it seems

Last edited:

Alexis

The buds from strain LSD were the hightlight of January ;)
amazing high, ok taste, long lasting
Well in that light, this "strain" lol, may be the highlight of 2021!

Just loaded an Elev8r with fresh Bluedream. Black tea first. Kava 3/4's drunk.

I suffer abnormal allergy type respiratory mucus to virtually everything I ingest orally.

When Ive finished vaping, finished my kava jar, I will quickly manage my mucus, respiratory symptoms with a series of steps:

About 9 drops oil of oregano. 10 ml Aloe Vera Juice. Asthma inhaler (been essential since LYME 2005, but I use strategically and minimally),

Then....big spoon ascorbic acid, I tip it to the back of my mouth off the spoon, away from tongue tip- it's sharp!

Then suck it down my throat, so I don't get the sour taste on my tongue.

One interesting note- if I do this when the mucus congestion is extremely high, it can be litetally impossible for me to swallow the vitamin C powder as it fizzes and dissolves the built up barrier of mucus.

It can take a minute sucking it back to swallow,

Other times, it's easy and instant, and less necessary.

But the ascorbic acid powder, taken like this, is a magic bullet for thinning and dissolving mucus.

Then....peppermint oil inhalation! 3 drops each Rocky Mountain, and Revive Organic Peppermint, onto left palm.

I smear it around, then create a sort of funnel with my left palm cupped and cupped by my right hand, so I try to inhale air mostly over the surface of my left palm, through the cupped hands, by structure and airflow.

This process brings up massive amounts of allergy mucus congestion. It especially clears the sinuses and the head space and upper respiratory system.

I always brush my teeth with Himalayan salt after this because naturally pathogenic organisms are cleared from the body when you practice any type of allergenic mucus clearance.

After this basic process I will be free to eat some food if it is on the cards but I would not be able to eat food on any single giving day unless I have performed significant allergy management measures.

Hence, me having really pioneered for so many years to find more effective va and convenient ways to get fast and consistent results at relieving excessive mucus symptoms from allergies and infections.

I hope that makes sense anyway, I am tripping enough lol trust.

GoldenBud

Well in that light, this "strain" lol, may be the highlight of 2021!
if you judge it by the LSD strain, 2021 started amazingly well..
LSD.jpg

shredder

If anyone's problem is from overdoing vaping, eating mj is an obvious and easy choice.

You can do both, but vape less. Or you can just have edibles.

Over the past year I've slowed my vaping to a couple hits on a rare occasion.

I think my lungs appreciate it. No more wheezing at night, no more coughing fits after a hot hit, no more coughing up gobs in the morning.

Not having to carry a vape and herb is a big plus. Now if I think I may need it I carry a 10ml eyedropper bottle of an mct oil, feco infusion. A few drops under the tongue takes only 15-20 minutes to take effect.

shredder

I woke up at 4 a.m. to pee (it's an old guy thing), and popped 2 caramels....
It made waking at 6 a.m. mellow and pleasant!
I had 5, 4.5mg drops of feco/mct in my coffee, and spread medicated honey butter on my toast, with steak and eggs.

Gotta fortify myself, snowing and blowing like a mofo here, lol.

Wake n bake is the best!

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
As a quick experiment I decided to dip my tip in the same baking soda + distilled water paste I use to remove polymerized carbon from my dab gear.

To illustrate the difference I only soaked the bowl.

88-A4-D1-CA-B746-47-DA-8654-598090-CB9-C2-C.jpg

As expected it pulled the carbon right off, no scrubbing necessary. I clean my sapphire inserts the same way.
That's a very nice looking result.
How long do you leave it in the paste and do you need to remove the o-rings?
Is there anything I should not use this paste on?
I'm gonna try this the next time I deep clean my Vapcaps if it can help my lungs a little bit.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's a very nice looking result.
How long do you leave it in the paste and do you need to remove the o-rings?
Is there anything I should not use this paste on?
I'm gonna try this the next time I deep clean my Vapcaps if it can help my lungs a little bit.

Thank you!
I believe the O-rings are Viton so they should be fine, this cleaner is essentially just alkaline water. I usually leave my sapphire inserts in for 20-30 minutes, I think I let this one soak for about the same.

I use it on my quartz bangers too, I bet it would work on that had polymerized oils/carbon (usually conduction vapes for me)

The trick with the paste is to make it like very thick toothpaste, where it just barely runs when poured into a jar. I make a whole bottle of it that way the viscosity stays the same.

I don’t use my DV that much, and I was pretty surprised at how much carbon had baked into the tip scallops. I bet it was robbing performance and flavor.

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is very good news.
Dairy products have long been touted as culprits in congestion.
I am one of the lucky ones.
I had serious congestion and phlegm as a smoker.
I stopped any form of combustion in 2010 and all congestion left with it.
I do have very limited dairy intake, due to self prescribed cholesterol routine...
perhaps there is some correlation to my absence of dairy and absence of congestion?
so far so great!
Hope to hear more of the same.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Alexis

The Chemist

Thank you!
I believe the O-rings are Viton so they should be fine, this cleaner is essentially just alkaline water. I usually leave my sapphire inserts in for 20-30 minutes, I think I let this one soak for about the same.

I use it on my quartz bangers too, I bet it would work on that had polymerized oils/carbon (usually conduction vapes for me)

The trick with the paste is to make it like very thick toothpaste, where it just barely runs when poured into a jar. I make a whole bottle of it that way the viscosity stays the same.

I don’t use my DV that much, and I was pretty surprised at how much carbon had baked into the tip scallops. I bet it was robbing performance and flavor.
What about the cap?
Can you clean it using this method?
Will it make a difference for the vapor quality?
I don't want to ruin a cap for nothing.

The Chemist

Not sure, but I'll give it a try and report back.

I don't think it would ruin the cap since it's the same material as the rest of the vape.
I'm more concerned about damaging the clicking of the cap than I am about the cap itself.
I was curious if you had already tried it before, but I'll wait for your results with great interest.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@GoldenBud - I have read most of these threads and I see the emphasis of a clean chamber. I get that and I am happy to finally learn why.
I use Whink rust removed [~2% HF] to get the tip and cap shiny as new with little effort or scratches. The key element to using mild acid is to neutralize it afterwards. Baking soda! Gotta use it liberally to stop the acid. But clean is clean. I suspect I will be cleaning more often now that I know the effect.

I also wanted to weigh in on the phlegm. I had a huge problem just before switching to vaping. Drove me nuts and it was a bad hack the next day, all day. Didn't figure it out with the bong and combustion.

When I started vaping, my purchase habits remained the same. Get me cheap and effective and I'm happy. Not so fast. There is a still a bothersome pesticide allowed in Oregon. My phlegm came from this one pesticide. All of it; combustion and vaping. Now I make sure all my bud comes from qualified farms. Haven't had an issue since. Still combustion free 2-1/2 years and vaping without bothersome phlegm.

Gunky

@GoldenBud - I have read most of these threads and I see the emphasis of a clean chamber. I get that and I am happy to finally learn why.
I use Whink rust removed [~2% HF] to get the tip and cap shiny as new with little effort or scratches. The key element to using mild acid is to neutralize it afterwards. Baking soda! Gotta use it liberally to stop the acid. But clean is clean. I suspect I will be cleaning more often now that I know the effect.

I also wanted to weigh in on the phlegm. I had a huge problem just before switching to vaping. Drove me nuts and it was a bad hack the next day, all day. Didn't figure it out with the bong and combustion.

When I started vaping, my purchase habits remained the same. Get me cheap and effective and I'm happy. Not so fast. There is a still a bothersome pesticide allowed in Oregon. My phlegm came from this one pesticide. All of it; combustion and vaping. Now I make sure all my bud comes from qualified farms. Haven't had an issue since. Still combustion free 2-1/2 years and vaping without bothersome phlegm.
What was the pesticide, if I may ask?

Gunky,
Reactions: Vitolo

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't have that directly @Gunky - but it is a controversial one that Oregon included in allowable pesticides.
I got a mail-order CBD and it had the same problem. Very repeatable and very consistent characteristics. Top shelf and A-bud have not been a problem.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Vitolo

GoldenBud

No M usage anymore. No SS tip. made me cough but without an ugly phlegm,today. yesterday was worse. gonna buy a Ti tip. used the Lotus only today, Beaded JHook, didn't have any kind of milk/cheese today, it may be the solution, the situation is MUCH MUCH better.

Gunky

I'm in Oregon too and I have wondered about pesticides in commercial weed, though I haven't bought any for quite a while. Here is a list from the state government: https://www.oregon.gov/oda/programs/pesticides/pages/cannabispesticides.aspx

Alert regarding the use of pyrethrins and/or piperonyl butoxide​

• Recent laboratory results show high levels of the active ingredients, pyrethrins and/or piperonyl butoxide in some cannabis samples.

• Both pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide currently are on ODA's "Guide List for Pesticides and Cannabis."

• ODA is investigating why some samples indicate levels of one or both of these pesticides, which far exceed the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) Action Levels, and yet others do not.

• To retain the listing of these two pesticides on the Guidelist, ODA, OHA, and Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) need to learn more about what influences pesticide residue levels on cannabis. If you used pyrethrins and/or piperonyl butoxide, and your cannabis tested below OHA’s Action level, please contact ODA at (503) 986-4553.
  • Find out the differences between pyrethrins and pyrethroids.
The alert in the table below refers to the information above.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Alright - I figured today was a good day to try and clean 4 VCs. That's a lot of work.

20210206_140450.jpg

I used Whink rust remover carefully - I totaled my Ti tip though. Whink is 'hot' enough to melt Ti. Who knew -

20210206_151620.jpg

The Ti tip is a nice gray but that is not what I want to vape.
I suspect this gray coating is pure Ti oxide and I don't want to vape that! :cool:
It feels like soot.

A quick turn in the lathe with some fine steel wool took care of much of it.
I had to steel wool the bore and chamber as well.
Still got a little more polishing to do. I won't be doing that again.

20210206_152304.jpg

All the screens are pretty darn clean. I think 3 spots left.

Took several 'clicks' and rinses to get all the baking soda out of the caps but it is all good now.
Good as new? All but the Ti LOL

It does take manual scrubbing to get the brown off. It isn't just oxide - it is organic and acid can only get under that. It doesn't come off easy.
The hardest scrub was the bowls. Thick black organics. I was able to get a really clean bowl as well. That is the part that is most important.

And if you dry your washed cap in your IH, know that I blew a couple of FETs today drying caps.
Not a clue how that could have happened. No worries, its healthy again.

Looks like I am set for a while. Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------

@Gunky - thanks for that. It could well be in that family. All I know is that cheap Blue Dream smell like cat piss and it always causes me trouble. It is not always so distinct as to smell the difference but I know it is the same stuff if I have a day-long hack the next day. There is no way to choke this shit down. I only use Blue Dream for medical.

I get my flower from Shadowbox farms, Otis farms, and a few others to know I won't have a problem. These always come in at top shelf or A-bud pricing. In the long-run, it saves me money going the familiar farm-route.

Last edited:
Top Bottom