Vaping's Phlegm

GoldenBud

basically my question is.. how to avoid the vaping phlegm? how to reduce it? using bubblers with water? i don't see how it would reduce it that much..
higher thc leads to more phlegm? starting to hate these coughs/phlegms lol
using clean M/lotus+wpa/HI , but don't clean every day. every week~.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The following are just thoughts.
None are meant as a diagnosis or as a solution perfect for your needs.
* Try lower heat for a start.... less dense vapor means more hits and longer sessions with better flavor... you'll still get medicated!
* If the phlegm is loose and readily available to gather and spit with a light clearing, then the phlegm is considered productive, and the body is
rejecting the constituents it does not want.
* Exposure to burning butane can be very irritating if a torch is left on for any period.
* Propane is worse and faster of a pulmonary irritant.
* Even when using a small mini torch for any extended or repeated exposures
can cause irritation, inflammation, congestion and phlegm.
* Change delivery system for a while can help (use another vape/tool)
* Vape in ventilated area.
* You could have an allergy.
* Origin of the plant, how it's grown, how cured and kept.

GoldenBud

@FlyingLow - taking this advice, will make some edibles and will stop vaping 1.5g a day. it's too much for me, it seems. although it had a reason and all the exams are gone now for the semester ;)
@Vitolo It could be the reason that I took the herb to its maximum, will see, I don't inhale butane just using Lotus/HI mainly, started using my VapCap lately because it can run small amounts so maybe the phlegms will be less, anyway i'm not sure vaping 1.5g+ a day is smart... or effective... i was stressed because of the exams hehe

the phlegms are clear, not black or brown, or yellow even, but i feel like it's been too much for my body, yeah.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah high amounts of herb usage, plus higher temp darker roasting seems to really bring it out for me.

Also convection “wear & tear.“ Particularly when going for big one hitters.

When flower starts bothering me I usually switch to concentrates. But sometimes the higher terpene content of extracts tends to do the same thing.

Many times a vape hit expels the mucus so it’s hard to tell if vaping is both the problem and the solution.....

Realistically I think a lot of it comes from the heating the plant material itself. Very few cultures historically smoked herb, most traditional regions produce hashish. We call what we do vaporizing, but in a lot of ways, especially when dark roasting, it’s kind of closer to “destructive distillation” as the boiling points are high, and you have to cause considerable thermal degradation to the biomass to get a high percentage of the active compounds. This is why hot air extraction is not used as a commercial extraction process for cannabis nor perfumery.

GoldenBud

Yeah high amounts of herb usage, plus higher temp darker roasting seems to really bring it out for me.
The morning Phlegms... that's what I don't like. need to vape less, that's for sure.
too bad edibles can give you problematic stomatch sometimes, but it's also a good solution. although when i eat edibles i still vape abit.. haha

Dabs sounds good option. tiny dab can make the job for me for 2hr+, hard to find them where I live..hehe

Vitolo

Vaporist
One other thought about the mini torch or torch....
Inspect the tools carefully always to be sure there is not any tiny slow leaks...
Not for danger of explosion or fire... I use butane too!
It is so you do not inhale passive leaking butane fuel too.
I use 3 gram a day a good part of the time.
I can get by well using a 1.5 grams in a day, when circumstance demands it.

Vitolo,
Reactions: JCat

GoldenBud

One other thought about the mini torch or torch....
Inspect the tools carefully always to be sure there is not any tiny slow leaks...
Not for danger of explosion or fire... I use butane too!
It is so you do not inhale passive leaking butane fuel too.
I use 3 gram a day a good part of the time.
I can get by well using a 1.5 grams in a day, when circumstance demands it.
Using Dynavap M on the lowest point of the cap is something that is stopped NOW. it's too much for me getting it to the dark ABV point. also with my other vapes I won't take the ABV to its darkest point too, hehe

i don't inhale butane since long time ago. my FLAM was teared in the screen and i was noob and thought it can't be fixed, and my Bare Essence is broken :(

you mean like butane leaks inside the Vapcap?!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Vitolo

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey, i can share few thoughts ,hopefully you can relate and it would be helpful.
Are you are recent convert to vaping ?
Have you been a long time smoker ?
You might have noticed that there are some smokers that cannot handle vapor at all,they fell into a coughlock and look like they are suffocating,ugly picture. The reason behind this is that vapor is expectorant and your lung fill with liquids and it is trying to purge the bad stuff.
It wasnt until my 3rd year into vaping i felt i finally cleared up . So consider the shit that got in before you got into vaping and now wants to get out.
Also i dont dry vape often and if i do there is always a fine filter. Particles are the worst . ABV crumbs into your throat and lung causes irritation and mucus build up.
After over a decade into vaping ,i know what to avoid in order to reduce irritation . If you need to push your herb over the temps that forms benzene in order to get good clouds,then you need a better vape. If you are doing it because you like the toasty taste. Avoiding overheating your herb is like quitting combustion all over again .
Also no matter how clean are the materials used in vapes, dust,hairs ,herb ,oils often end up at the heater and even it if it all glass you are vaping shit,so be careful with that scenario.An easy maintenance vaporizer that is capable of delivering dense low temp hits is essential for me.I never use Dynavap with a torch. The outside of the tip and the cap walls get black residue with usage. I am guessing that is combusted herb matter and environmental dust. Most people dont even care to make their tip shiny and spotless in order to consider them clean enough.
IF you wanna avoid mucus levels you probably should avoid diary products for some time and see if it gets better. There was a thread onboard on topic somewhere.
P.S Since there is a little language barrier on my side ,first thing i imagined as i read the thread title was that someone is dabbing phlegm or filling it in carts. I know it sounds ridiculous but since there are people that like drinking bong water ,you never know

GoldenBud

The outside of the tip and the cap walls get black residue with usage.
DANG. gotcha! it is black AF. I will buy an IH.
IF you wanna avoid mucus levels you probably should avoid diary products for some time and see if it gets better. There was a thread onboard on topic somewhere.
thanks alot. will try doing it..... I drink cold coffee-shake all the time(good amount of milk) , and eat cottages often

GoldenBud

They will create the same kind of residue. Isopropyl has a very hard time getting rid of it, but an electric toothbrush and some toothpaste (or Sodium bicarbonate) will do the trick. Takes ~5 minutes to make it shiny again, maybe 10 for your first cleaning session.
you're saying.. that.. the oils.. did a polymerization.. and the monomers became Polymer of oils.. and ALTHOUGH the monomer and Iso/Ethanol are soluble.. the Polymer isn't soluble with the Ethanol... and You're right. that's how it works, I was studying about it this semester. lol.

did the toothbrush thing...manualy brushed for 3-4 minutes, it's shiney almost new again
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

GoldenBud

That is indeed exactly what I was referring to. :science:

Will be interesting to see how it affects your issue, please feed back.
wow on wow. your tip should be mentioned on the Dynavap's sticker once they shipped their devices. all customers should know about it. amazing clouds with 0 coughs. two heats, lowest part of the cap. 0 COUGHS :love::love::love::love:

@Siebter what other tips you've got? the Lotus's cap. how to make it like new? lol

Abysmal Vapor

@GoldenBud Alternatively i use salt + alcohol layed on a hard paper like coffee filter and then i rub/rotate the tip onto it. It is a lot faster i use q-tip dipped in salt and alcohol on the inside and switch cottom tips until they stop getting black .
Hope you get an improvement of your situation ! Experiment ,rotate ,analyze you will find your way. Just focus on your feelings ,let your sensors recover and guide you.
@invertedisdead It can be that ,but it can be also anything, like some nylon hair or polyester. That area gets hot to combustion levels.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Vitolo

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud Alternatively i use salt + alcohol layed on a hard paper like coffee filter and then i rub/rotate the tip onto it. It is a lot faster i use q-tip dipped in salt and alcohol on the inside and switch cottom tips until they stop getting black .
Hope you get an improvement of your situation ! Experiment ,rotate ,analyze you will find your way. Just focus on your feelings ,let your sensors recover and guide you.
@invertedisdead It can be that ,but it can be also anything :)) ! That area gets hot to combustion levels.
I mean.. how do you remove the Polymerizated-Oils? Just mechanicial solution? right?
EDIT: Gotcha 100%. I see. I forgot to clean my Dyna TIP for long time(weeks) . BUT, i was thinking: it's just oils from the OUTSIDE.. but no.. it has an impact. SUCH AN IMPACT :science: :science: :science:

Abysmal Vapor

Yes ,i mix alcohol with something abrasive and put in onto paper ,like a sandpaper (saltpaper). The idea is to get a good friction between the salt and the metal,baking soda is also an alternative. I also have an Ultrasonic cleaner,but i dont like the sound of it ,so i dont use it as much,but if you throw the tip and the cap into a baggie with salt/soda and alcohol and toss inside,it does also a great job.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
wow on wow. your tip should be mentioned on the Dynavap's sticker once they shipped their devices. all customers should know about it. amazing clouds with 0 coughs. two heats, lowest part of the cap. 0 COUGHS :love::love::love::love:

Wow, I'm really happy about the outcome, didn't expect my tip to hit the spot so precisely. And I agree, it should be common knowledge for all DV users, but I never saw this method being mentioned by the DV team I think.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As a quick experiment I decided to dip my tip in the same baking soda + distilled water paste I use to remove polymerized carbon from my dab gear.

To illustrate the difference I only soaked the bowl.

88-A4-D1-CA-B746-47-DA-8654-598090-CB9-C2-C.jpg

As expected it pulled the carbon right off, no scrubbing necessary. I clean my sapphire inserts the same way.

Alexis

basically my question is.. how to avoid the vaping phlegm? how to reduce it? using bubblers with water? i don't see how it would reduce it that much..
higher thc leads to more phlegm? starting to hate these coughs/phlegms lol
using clean M/lotus+wpa/HI , but don't clean every day. every week~.
Take vitamin C powder- ascorbic acid, orally swallowed, after sessions or just generally.

Oil of oregano.

Inhale peppermint essential oil, smeared on palms and cupped round nose and mouth.

Young Living, Rocky Mountain, or "Revive" organic peppermint essential oil.

I don't recommend Revive non-organic peppermint oil, nor "Doterra" oils.

Rub Vicks Vapor rub on foot soles, after washing is great, and especially just before bed.

Or any time.

Eating raw organic garlic- amazing decongestant and mucus thinner.

Get some organic cayenne pepper snd Turmeric powder. Teaspoon of each in a shot glass, necked, amazing at dissolving and expectorating mucus.

Putting 2 drops peppermint essential oil in your water piece helps a lot too. The vapor carries the peppermint into the lungs so it really helps thin mucus and make it less viscous as you build it up.

Just a few suggestions there anyway.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Putting 2 drops peppermint essential oil in your water piece helps a lot too. The vapor carries the peppermint into the lungs so it really helps thin mucus and make it less viscous as you build it up.
Damnit, gf just ordered from iHerb. lol. @invertedisdead i have my Tip almost as clean as yours, pure taste and no coughs... my M is alive again for me

I used essential oils in the past, will reorder some soon.

Top Bottom