Vaping frequency

CANtalk

Not finding any threads concerning the subject of frequency, but would like to hear the views and opinions of others on the subject. I'll start.

Background: 50+ year user currently in Oklahoma with a killer vaporizer and cheap weed. Was using around 0.5 g/day this past year, in maintenance mode.

Considered taking a T-break, but decided to try waiting 2-3 hours between hits instead.

Felt some minor chest discomfort, but the only problem was breaking the habit of reaching for it.

After four days I'm finding it easy. Not suffering in any way. Still mostly in maintenance mode with only 6-7 hits/day but the hits are more noticable and enjoyable.

I noticed one big difference. I always thought hits "come on" within 15 minutes, but I'm feeling the classic head buzz come on strong as much as a full hour later. Not sure if this is real or just some delayed effect from reduced usage.

Anybody else?
Welcome to the less-is-more club :tup:... there's lots to chase down that rabbit hole. Take your time and keep going. I used to do ~0.5 grams a day for a while. Now I'm down to 0.20 grams a week with far more potent experiences :science::science:. Check out the microdosing thread as it's very inspirational. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-dosing.19915/page-58. I've come a long way in the last two years as discussed in that thread. Read up on the science about cannabis receptor regulation and resensitization process with Dr. Sulak... excellent info! https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-dosing.19915/post-165615. I get a strong head buzz for 2.5+ hours now on these low doses. Fwiw, they're quick to the big buzz too... but I take 4 days a week off in a row all the time (so that helps a lot).

Cheers!

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

JBone65

I definitely have a bad case of strain acquisition syndrome, SAS. That's the main reason I'm letting the license go.

With a gazillion pounds growing nearby, and 500+ dispensaries in Oklahoma county posting prices online, a weed price war is looming. :brow:

The ability to study terpenes online and then drive a couple of miles and pick up another amazing strain for the collection, for only $40-$70/oz, is a lifelong dream come true.

Unfortunately it makes me want to use a bigger vaporizer and "burn thru" more product. I can be happy with 0.2 g but I'm using up to 0.5 g these days.....

I don't see anything happening at the federal level that is likely to force states like Oklahoma to gain control. I'm guessing the cat is out of the bag and it's just a matter of time until prices come down everywhere. I wish all pot heads had this problem.

Last edited:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Similar in MI but the commercial product is honestly hit-or-miss.

I've gone from all dyna all the time to 70% fp B1 and my consumption is probably about 20x what it was; low pricing does not help!

darbarikanada

it's just a matter of time until prices come down everywhere.
this happened in washington big-time. it's nuts: $3 pre-rolls, $5 grams of (admittedly low-end) wax, $10 for better quality (I'm guessing the cheap wax is due to a glut of leaf/shake from all the flower production).
I definitely have a bad case of strain acquisition syndrome, SAS.
I had it bad for a while; 8 years of legal weed kept me busy checking out interesting-sounding strains ('kid in a toy store'), but I rarely find anything these days that's different enough to stand out. still: it's been fun getting to this point, and I have long list of favorites.

GoldenBud

anybody counts his bowls per day? I am going to do it for weekends mostly, can't let myself vape all weekend.. then in the work day I miss weed so much

Some-new-user

Good topic and really encouraging.
I'm late 30s and started smoking in my early teens - would mix tobacco but I wasn't a cigarette smoker. It got to a point where it didn't matter how much I smoked etc. Just seems to be a part of my life but I needed to quit tobacco. Wasn't that in to bongs, tried a few cheap vapes from amazon but not much success. Back then I was torn because I liked to get high but I guess thinking back it was just combustion, and the taste too.

So years go by and one day I get an ear infection and could hardly make it to the bathroom without losing balance. Back then I had to smoke in the garage so pretty much read all of the reviews and forums (100's of pages on here) and decided on a mighty. I was going through maybe 2 Oz a month smoking (with tobacco maybe 80w/20t max).
Loved the mighty on first hit. This is what I had been waiting for. I got down to 1/2 oz a month. Bought an extreme q and a few cheap glass connectors to to my own shorter bowls and got down to 0.03g a dose - usually a baloon but loved how tasty vaping herbs is. I experimented with other herbs too, something I'd greatly encourage you to research.

Now years later I work in the industry and vape all day everyday. I still get effects but my tolerance has definitely been affected. Edibles never really touched me, or not the way I expect - I feel my bar was set 'wrong'/unexpectedly high as my first edible was really trippy and the only other time I've achieved this is by my own creations.
Mighty I can vape 10+ dosing capsules BUT I can also vape one per day. I've had a few days off but not a massive T break. I have a moderate collection and love to change it up keep all vapes in rotation and sort of healthy battery life. That original mighty still wortks but the case went a while ago.

I'm using the BZero at the moment - I love bongs now :rofl: I love bubblers too, also look at warm water and sparkling water in bongs/bubblers. I love adapting things and even started making my own vapes and dynavap stems.

I think im using between 0.2 and 0.4 with the BZero. The onset is quite rapid for me and can last over an hour depending on strain/quality. I can get a few nice hits and give it a stir and get a few more if I like. The AVB isn't as dark as the mighty or volcano/hybrid but I feel like I can't get much more out of it withouth turning the vape up and then waiting for it to cool back down - My enail controller (pid?) is at 590

I dab too, and also enjoy hash a lot more than I used to when combusting- mix in with flower or on volcano is interesting. Still haven't really been keeping an eye on consumption but I'm more active and feel more healthy than I did when I used tobacco. I feel like some handy chart/diary/app could come in useful.

I find CBD to be quite interesting but haven't had much chance to experiment with other cannabinoids yet.

I think all in all things may come down to intention- I do feel like weed can be psychedelic. It can heal and do many things. It can also be abused or that it is addictive but then so is scrolling on an app for hours on end.

I know I was addicted to nicotine back when I smoked but it can also be a mindset - I just made music in my garage, played in bands and had full time jobs. It went hand in hand with music and then a nice way to wind down and relax. My drinking days were pretty much over before I started smoking MJ. I was allowed to drink from a young age (and sometimes encouraged) but DRUGS WERE THE DEVIL :\

Habits, rituals. Recreation, medicine. Life - I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

Farid

anybody counts his bowls per day? I am going to do it for weekends mostly, can't let myself vape all weekend.. then in the work day I miss weed so much

When I was trying to cut back what I did was count the hours between bowls. I always made sure to leave at least 3 hours between bowls, which usually meant about 5 or 6 sessions per day.

Then I slowly increased the time between bowls until I was at 2 bowls a day, one after breakfast, and one after dinner.

Finally I've gotten myself down to 1 bowl a day, which is a bit more extreme than necessary. On the rare day I'll get 2 in. It's totally changed how I feel weed. I used to feel a compulsion to have a session, now it feels like I have to remind myself to have one. If I'm being honest I kind of prefer the more regular usage, though it also has its' downsides (like having to stop for the workday).

condition

Personally I find difficult to put the CBD in the mix. Vaping with plain CBD feels not special, but OKish. On the other hand, no more mixing CBD with THC as I buy high quality THC and the mixing with CBD destroys the flavor, taste and pleasure of the draw from my vaporizer. I keep buying CBD though, once every 1-2 months and trying to vape less THC in favor of CBD​

PeteyS

Id like to chime in here. I just got back into the "weed" game two year ago, and have been smoking and vaping as much as i wanted without any care. It wasn't until I got into Vaping, that i started to track the amount I was consuming, so i bought al little note book, and a food scale from Amazon. It seems that I was vaping about 0.5g a day(not bad).

About a month ago, I decided that I really wanted to cut back on my flower usage(didn't want to be medicated all day), So now I allow myself 0.25g/day only on Fri/sat.
Im thinking about cutting it back even more on the weekends, and possibly adding back the week days, with the newer lower amount, and then keeping myself in check to not gain back that extra tolerance.

Heres a question for you guys, for everyone on here trying to keep there tolerance in check. Does anyone still use a low temperature to vape?
I find myself using a temp just before combustion, just to get the most medication from the small amount. To put it another way, my AVB is blacker then ever.

GoldenBud

Im thinking about cutting it back even more on the weekends, and possibly adding back the week days, with the newer lower amount, and then keeping myself in check to not gain back that extra tolerance.
just get a log vape i think, it can vape 0.01gr with one big tasty satisfying hit. i'm serious..

PeteyS

Whoa, 0.01 hits, those sounds awesome. The smallest ive tried was a 0.035, which i agree, can make a satisfying dose.

Im super interested in getting a log vape. Im leaning towards the e nano Xl. Heard its great for micro dosing.

PeteyS,
Reactions: JBone65

JBone65

Id like to chime in here. I just got back into the "weed" game two year ago, and have been smoking and vaping as much as i wanted without any care. It wasn't until I got into Vaping, that i started to track the amount I was consuming, so i bought al little note book, and a food scale from Amazon. It seems that I was vaping about 0.5g a day(not bad).

About a month ago, I decided that I really wanted to cut back on my flower usage(didn't want to be medicated all day), So now I allow myself 0.25g/day only on Fri/sat.

Heres a question for you guys, for everyone on here trying to keep there tolerance in check. Does anyone still use a low temperature to vape?
I find myself using a temp just before combustion, just to get the most medication from the small amount. To put it another way, my AVB is blacker then ever.
I increase the temp in increments, usually getting 9-10 hits/load assuming a 0.2 g or larger loads. Always start on a low temp and increase to maximum incrementally to spread it out into somewhat equal absorbable doses. My io temp range starts at 220°f, the low temp terp hits can be really special depending on your weed IMO. While not concerned about my tolerance, I reduce periodically due to a concern over the risk of CP damage. My hit frequency slowed way down but stuck with temp stepping.

An average of 10 hits per 0.2g load with the io is only 0.02 g/hit. That's not bad considering these are usually good hits.

Probably use 50% more per hit temp stepping with the desktop unit but those are extra rich hits.

Have also heat treated small batches of weed to experiment with DIY edibles, i.e. packed it in large gel caps. That takes even more....

Last edited:
JBone65,

howie105

My recent trip down the small dose rabbit hole started with .04 g to .06 g loads that were temperature stepped from 318 f to 383 f using a PID driven ELEV8R. The taste was nice on the first hit, the second was less tasty but productive, and the third and at times a fourth hits were cleanups. For a one hit temperature 430 f with the small load works well, but it's a bit warm through a J-Hook. Oh, and welcome back PeteyS, enjoy.

howie105,
Reactions: JBone65

GoldenBud

Details? I'm definitely interested. Sounds great.
Underdog SC3+ unit
you can get very satisfied from 0.01gr or 0.02gr, maybe need 2 in a row, but it's great and tasty! (GonG wpa, 12.2v setting, set the screen lower by 2cm with the included long tamper)

Last edited:

GoldenBud

So with 0.01 doses, how often are you guys taking a dose?
Every hour?
0.04gr per hour but i am coming from ELEV8R usage, high tolerance, still using around 0.05-0.1gr in my tetra p80 sometimes for good long session

GoldenBud,

PeteyS

Cool, I think we re in the same boat here.
I tend to do 0.1g per sesh, but that lasts me 2 hours before the next one.
Would really like to get it down to 0.05 every 2 hours, but my tolerance just doesn't allow it yet.

PeteyS,

PeteyS

Hey all, had a few great sessions last night. After dinner had 0.1g, then sometime around 8:30 had another 0.05 and was good for the night.
It feels GREAT to be consuming almost nothing. If I keep going like this, a eighth should last me months! lol. I can finally get some of that top shelf weed.
Pete.

CANtalk

Great to hear, enjoy! Try starting with 0.050 grams sometime and see how it goes... can always change to 0.100 grams for the next bowl 👍.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom