Vaping frequency

JBone65

Not finding any threads concerning the subject of frequency, but would like to hear the views and opinions of others on the subject. I'll start.

Background: 50+ year user currently in Oklahoma with a killer vaporizer and cheap weed. Was using around 0.5 g/day this past year, in maintenance mode.

Considered taking a T-break, but decided to try waiting 2-3 hours between hits instead.

Felt some minor chest discomfort, but the only problem was breaking the habit of reaching for it.

After four days I'm finding it easy. Not suffering in any way. Still mostly in maintenance mode with only 6-7 hits/day but the hits are more noticable and enjoyable.

I noticed one big difference. I always thought hits "come on" within 15 minutes, but I'm feeling the classic head buzz come on strong as much as a full hour later. Not sure if this is real or just some delayed effect from reduced usage.

Anybody else?

florduh

I'll vape hemp flower hits a couple times during the day, then a couple bowls of THC flower at night. Not sure if the CBD is helping out with tolerance, or if it's just limiting the limiting THC intake. But it works!

Hemp flower seems to have some benefits on its own too. Mentally it seems to give a general sense of well being. With coffee it cleans out all the cobwebs in my head every morning.

I always thought hits "come on" within 15 minutes, but I'm feeling the classic head buzz come on strong as much as a full hour later.

That's my experience too. There's a peak within 15 minutes, but it seems to hold for about another 45 minutes. I enjoy the downslope from the peak over the next hour or two too.

RxPlorer

I try for 2x 0.01g a day of CBD/CBG for inflammation and migraine prevention. THC maybe 1-2 hits per week, only when necessary for migraine rescue or severe neuropathy. I've come to the realization that my reaction to THC is just too inconsistent to use it any other way

florduh

I try for 2x 0.01g a day of CBD/CBG for inflammation and migraine prevention. THC maybe 1-2 hits per week, only when necessary for migraine rescue or severe neuropathy. I've come to the realization that my reaction to THC is just too inconsistent to use it any other way

Are you doing CBD/CBG flower? I'm always pleasantly surprised at the effects hemp flower give.

JBone65

I've always known that T breaks worked but didn't wanna stop completely. Instead, cut my consumption rate by 80% from ~0.5 g/day to ~0.1 g/day 5-6 days ago. Waiting at least 2 hours between hits, often 3+ hours. Shocked that I'm getting much more stoned than before. For example, took one good medium low temp hit with coffee more than 3 hours ago, and the old brain is still racing. I'm wondering if I could get even more stoned consuming even less. Could a 50 year user be happy micro-dosing? Doubtful IMO.

I realize that everyone's experience is different, and numerous factors come into play.

Admittedly, I suspected I was seriously overindulging with 0.5 g/day, a hit every 1/2 hour on average. I called it maintenance mode, maybe I was merely maintaining grogginess. Maybe less groggy feels like a head buzz in my crusty (saturated?) brain.
:myday: :bigleaf::spliff:

Last edited:

YossMosely

Evenings and weekends, 3-4 grams a week. I usually wait a couple hours between bowls, when I go more than that my tolerance goes up pretty quick.

newola

Around a gram and a half a week. One bowl a day spread over 2 sessions. One straight after work and one before bed.

newola,
Reactions: JBone65

WelshBrok

Until recently, over the last 10-13 years I’ve got recreationally high every day.
- first ~8 years was combusting about 2grams a day. Probably every 45min-hour as it was based on the nicotine cycle (U.K. so tobacco in zoots)
- then switched to vaping between 0.5 and a gram a day. Probably every hour and a half in evenings/weekends
- recently I’ve started asking myself “do I actually want to get high or am I doing it because it’s routine/normality” and now I’m down to about 0.2-0.4 grams a week. Literally one or two vapes on a Friday evening and same across the day some Saturdays

floribud

Flower and hash/kief of both. Yes I think all the benefits of full spectrum / entourage are present for me in ratios between 10:1 and 30:1 CBD:THC. If hemp were produced at 2-3% THC instead of 0.3, I think we'd all be better off.

I would love to see the local dispos offering 2-5% thc with over 10% CBD. I've had some great mail order indoor "hemp" from Flowgardens. I think my favorite is Cannatonic #3 which was about 5% thc and 11% CBD. But beyond the percents it has great flavor. I feel like hemp doesn't want to be below .3%, as far as flavor is concerned, good indoor hemp with 2 or 3% thc seems to have more of brighter fruity flavors that you find in a lot of high thc flower

JBone65

Seventy plus guy, handful of vapes of mostly desktops, victory gardener, down to .04 g to .05 g a day except for party days. At some point I will probably flip back to my usual .45 g a day but for now I am enjoying my first PID vape.
A PID vape? I'm totally freakin' ignorant about PIDs.

JBone65,

rowbam

My usage during the week is lighter, maybe .14 - .25 sessions depending on the vape. Almost daily. During the weekend I'm usually high for the second half of the day with .4 or so.

Overall, happy with how my tolerance has grown, but not crazy from when I started. The bad part is that it makes it easier to vape more :)

JBone65

I was was only vaping around 0.1-0.2 g/day for about a week, that was only 6-8 soulful hits/day from the old portable grasshopper io.

Unfortunately the battery is getting weak, ordered a replacement but might have to wait a while. Using it less often and charging it more often in the meantime.

Pulled out the old sloppy EZ Vape desktop. Trying to learn how to use it more efficiently, like the grasshopper. It will waste a chamber full of weed in 2 seconds if you turn it up too high, so trying to temp step and take shorter hits. So far, so good.

It's a crude, a cheap plastic convection session device, kind of an imitation PID. I'm currently running it from 250 - 330°f, according to the LED dial, but who knows what the actual temperature range is. It usually ignites somewhere in the 330 - 340° range, so it could actually be a lot hotter. It takes 5-6 minutes to get hot, then it stays hot for a half hour, so I'm tempted to get 3-4 hits every time I heat it up. So much for cutting back. Probably getting at least 20 hits/day now, and my wife says the garage stinks.:lmao:

Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: howie105

vapeape77

Use at least a gram a day if not more. I know I know that’s a lot…. Mostly do half and half mixes with wnc cbd hemp and local shop thc mid shelf bud. Plus a gram a week of hash or kief. Use to only buy an 1/8th a week when I smoked, oh well I enjoy lol

Also mix a half gram of raw cbda and cbga in my yogurt each morning for health

Vapeaction

Wow... reading this post I was starting to feel way out of place... background medical user in Canada, started on MMJ 4 years ago. I've now settled on my dosing schedule which is every hour to every hour and a half... I vape a full Flowerpot shovelhead bowl or equivalent (ie. 2 mighty bowls, 1 MiniVap bowl, 3 tiny might bowls etc.). I also find I supplement with concentrates as needed through the day 3-4 dabs. So all in all I average around an eighth or 3.5 grms day. I was beyond concerned at one point as I'm a recovering alcoholic so I had a long conversation with my Weed Doctor... It's my mindset that needs to be changed, do I get 'High', why am I taking it, what are the results... I have to think of it as medication... for me the only downside is the financial as my wife to is on MMJ for MS but she takes it by capsule THC/CBD which can get quite $$. But I sometimes forget how fortunate I am for free health care and prescription medications being paid for by my benefits... I just had heart surgery three weeks ago (third times a charm) and none of it I have to pay for... just the weed. The way I look at it... for me it is harm reduction, marijuana is natural compared to the pharmaceuticals I've been on... I have a better quality of life with marijuana than without... initially, did I want my grand kids knowing me as stoner papa, NO ... but considering the alternative I'm a proud stoner PAPA ! Good luck to all on your journey... I call life.

florduh

I’ve had to work late for the last few weeks, which pushed back the start of my THC vaping until close to bedtime. Usually like one bowl a night.

In just a short time, this has driven my tolerance down significantly. I find myself now only sprinkling a tiny tiny bit of herb in my TM. And it sends me to the motherfuckin moon.

I think Dr Sulak is right when he says desensitization is a valid alternative to tolerance breaks.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I’ve always used about 0.1g or less per day, only occasionally a little more.

My tolerance was lowest when I only used it once a day, and with that a pretty small amount (usually combined with a 10mg or less edible) would have a pretty dramatic effect.

Now I tend to use similar amounts but spread out over 2-4 “sessions” of 1-3 draws. I’d say it’s a bit less effective this way, but these days I often need it earlier in the evening so I deal with the trade-off.

I could increase the size of each dose to compensate, but while I like not having a crazy low tolerance I also don’t want it to be too high. I couldn’t afford to buy a decent ounce even every month at current prices, and the lower grade stuff is a bit disappointing…

I also don’t want to be completely couch-locked all night. :lol:

JBone65

Wow... reading this post I was starting to feel way out of place... background medical user in Canada, started on MMJ 4 years ago. I've now settled on my dosing schedule which is every hour to every hour and a half... I vape a full Flowerpot shovelhead bowl or equivalent (ie. 2 mighty bowls, 1 MiniVap bowl, 3 tiny might bowls etc.). I also find I supplement with concentrates as needed through the day 3-4 dabs. So all in all I average around an eighth or 3.5 grms day. I was beyond concerned at one point as I'm a recovering alcoholic so I had a long conversation with my Weed Doctor... It's my mindset that needs to be changed, do I get 'High', why am I taking it, what are the results... I have to think of it as medication... for me the only downside is the financial as my wife to is on MMJ for MS but she takes it by capsule THC/CBD which can get quite $$. But I sometimes forget how fortunate I am for free health care and prescription medications being paid for by my benefits... I just had heart surgery three weeks ago (third times a charm) and none of it I have to pay for... just the weed. The way I look at it... for me it is harm reduction, marijuana is natural compared to the pharmaceuticals I've been on... I have a better quality of life with marijuana than without... initially, did I want my grand kids knowing me as stoner papa, NO ... but considering the alternative I'm a proud stoner PAPA ! Good luck to all on your journey... I call life.
I've been fortunate to have a very efficient portable unit which has worked great for most of the past 5 1/2 years.

In contrast, my old desktop unit will waste almost as much as as you can put in it if not careful. It makes great hits, that's expected when you vaporize twice as much weed as you need. The temp is easy to control but it's difficult to develop an efficient routine because it holds too much and it's impossible to know whether or not your getting a good hit until you've gotten too much. I've been trying to put approximately the same small amount in each load, roughly 0.2 g just like the grasshopper io, taking shorter hits usually 4-5 seconds long, and I'm temp-stepping to start slow and steadily increase the temperature to get a similar hit each time. I'm doing better with it but still using twice what I would use with the portable unit. You know it's wasteful by the way it can stink up an entire house.

I guess I'm trying to make the point that efficient devices and improved techniques can potentially cut your weed usage by half or two thirds without affecting your enjoyment. I'm an engineer, can't help myself. :tup:

Vapeaction

I've been fortunate to have a very efficient portable unit which has worked great for most of the past 5 1/2 years.

In contrast, my old desktop unit will waste almost as much as as you can put in it if not careful. It makes great hits, that's expected when you vaporize twice as much weed as you need. The temp is easy to control but it's difficult to develop an efficient routine because it holds too much and it's impossible to know whether or not your getting a good hit until you've gotten too much. I've been trying to put approximately the same small amount in each load, roughly 0.2 g just like the grasshopper io, taking shorter hits usually 4-5 seconds long, and I'm temp-stepping to start slow and steadily increase the temperature to get a similar hit each time. I'm doing better with it but still using twice what I would use with the portable unit. You know it's wasteful by the way it can stink up an entire house.

I guess I'm trying to make the point that efficient devices and improved techniques can potentially cut your weed usage by half or two thirds without affecting your enjoyment. I'm an engineer, can't help myself. :tup:
It’s strange you mentioned efficiency … for last year have been using FP 90 % of the time with mighty for occasional trip… 4/20 I picked up a MiniVap and have found it far more efficient using less flower with strong effects… I had commented to my wife how quantity I’m using seems to be going down. I’ve recently pulled out the Dynavap to give the FMJ a try and again surprised, now it’s almost worth it, one and done .1 grm
With VAS alive and well (OK out of control) I got a TM week ago and a TP80 today… I’ll stop complaining about paying for weed when I stop buying toys!
Cheers

chary-ka

My wife and I go through about a half ounce a month. Then I started dabbing more and the herb can stretch to one and half to two months. She does 0.15 usually every evening and I will do two separate 0.15 sessions usually every evening.

chary-ka,
Reactions: JBone65

ChipNJ

.1 grams/day, so an 8th last me ~month. I only started to use weed again in the past year (after a 25 year tolerance break due to testing at work) when NJ went legal. Since then I have been building up my different strains (currently Sour Diesel and Durban Poison at the top of my list), I don't think I will need to go to the dispensary for a year... (but I will, in addition to already having VAS, I also have SAS (Strain Acquisition Syndrome).

Top Bottom