Vaping and CBD.

DissPosable

Hello.

My first time posting here and just getting in to vaporizers.

I was wondering if vaping with my Extreme Q gives me any CBD? I don't feel the body high as much as I do with smoking.

What temperature would I have to set my Extreme Q to to vaporize the CBD along with the THC?

I've read a few nasty thing about what THC can do to the brain if it isn't regulated with the antipsychotic CBD, that's really what my main concern is.

DissPosable,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
CBD tends to become more available at the higher temps... from about 390F and up, to about 420 or 450F. The THC tends to be more available at the lower temps.

Most medical users that I've read have reported starting at the lower temps, say 300F, and working up to the 420+F over time, so that the full spectrum of benefits are available.

It is nearly impossible to vape MJ and not get some CBD along with the THC... I would only really worry about "pure" THC products, or synthetic THC... if you are starting with the whole herb, you will have the built-in co-factors. You might not feel it until you are past the THC prime spot, but the CBD is there.

Enchantre,

DissPosable

CBD tends to become more available at the higher temps... from about 390F and up, to about 420 or 450F. The THC tends to be more available at the lower temps.

Most medical users that I've read have reported starting at the lower temps, say 300F, and working up to the 420+F over time, so that the full spectrum of benefits are available.

It is nearly impossible to vape MJ and not get some CBD along with the THC... I would only really worry about "pure" THC products, or synthetic THC... if you are starting with the whole herb, you will have the built-in co-factors. You might not feel it until you are past the THC prime spot, but the CBD is there.

So I will be fine mentally with a vaporizer as long as I stick to real cannabis as opposed to synthetics?

One more thing, how different is vaping Sativa to vaping Indica? Do you feel it more in the body than sativa? Do you get the couch lock effect?

DissPosable,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I personally prefer Indica and Indica heavy hybrids, as I do have a lot of pain I deal with.

Sativas are fun, too. But I use them only occasionally.

Couch lock usually sets in when I'm vaping heavily for pain, using a good Kush or OG strain. I shoot for couch lock when I really need the relief.

BranFlakes188

I tend to vape on higher temps for this reason. The body stone is pretty similar to smoking although it comes on slower. The most noticeable difference is that I never get the head-spin right after a hit like I would with a bong. I've come to realise that was a result of oxygen deprivation and a host of harmful chemicals all rushing into my body at once :puke:

DissPosable

I tend to vape on higher temps for this reason. The body stone is pretty similar to smoking although it comes on slower. The most noticeable difference is that I never get the head-spin right after a hit like I would with a bong. I've come to realise that was a result of oxygen deprivation and a host of harmful chemicals all rushing into my body at once :puke:

I personally prefer Indica and Indica heavy hybrids, as I do have a lot of pain I deal with.

Sativas are fun, too. But I use them only occasionally.

Couch lock usually sets in when I'm vaping heavily for pain, using a good Kush or OG strain. I shoot for couch lock when I really need the relief.

Thanks guys.

So I'm not at any more risk of a mental health problem developing by vaping instead of smoking?

DissPosable,

BranFlakes188

As I understand it ingesting cannabis doesn't cause mental health problems. However, it and a host of other drugs have been said to bring such problems out in people that are predisposed. So if you're very worried or prone to that kind of thing then I'd stay away from it altogether. That being said, from what I understand vaping is superior to smoking in every way: tastes better, smells better, better for your health, better at conserving herb... just better :)

BranFlakes188,
Reactions: Seren

DissPosable

As I understand it ingesting cannabis doesn't cause mental health problems. However, it and a host of other drugs have been said to bring such problems out in people that are predisposed. So if you're very worried or prone to that kind of thing then I'd stay away from it altogether. That being said, from what I understand vaping is superior to smoking in every way: tastes better, smells better, better for your health, better at conserving herb... just better :)

I've just got this fear of schizophrenia that's all, I spend a lot of time on my own as a shut in because of medical issues, massive stomach pain to the point of not being able to breath sometimes, so being on my own so often (for about 2 years now) led me to start talking to myself a lot and that made me start to worry I was going crazy because I tend to pretend I'm talking to people like interviewers and old friends I use to know and that I'm coming off as very charismatic and charming, anyway, that's where this probably misplaced fear comes from, that and I hear if it is laying dormant it starts to come out around my age (19).

I have no family history of it though, and I don't hear things that aren't there... I'm probably just paranoid over nothing, I'm fine when I'm high.

... That was a very jumbled up post, sorry.

BranFlakes188

Lately I've been spending quite a bit of time alone too (as I'm currently completing a research degree). I also talk to myself but I think there's a big difference between having a sense of humor about your loneliness and having a serious mental illness. Again, I can't know if you're at risk but I can say that vaping is no worse than smoking in that regard. :)

BranFlakes188,

DissPosable

Don't we all talk to our self? I no I do.
Probably not as much as I do. lol.

Lately I've been spending quite a bit of time alone too (as I'm currently completing a research degree). I also talk to myself but I think there's a big difference between having a sense of humor about your loneliness and having a serious mental illness. Again, I can't know if you're at risk but I can say that vaping is no worse than smoking in that regard. :)
I understand that it's not real, it doesn't even sound real, I know it's just my imagination.

I'm high now and I feel fine, my anxiety about being schitzo has gone down a lot, I feel good.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I've just got this fear of schizophrenia that's all, I spend a lot of time on my own as a shut in because of medical issues, massive stomach pain to the point of not being able to breath sometimes, so being on my own so often (for about 2 years now) led me to start talking to myself a lot and that made me start to worry I was going crazy because I tend to pretend I'm talking to people like interviewers and old friends I use to know and that I'm coming off as very charismatic and charming, anyway, that's where this probably misplaced fear comes from, that and I hear if it is laying dormant it starts to come out around my age (19).

I have no family history of it though, and I don't hear things that aren't there... I'm probably just paranoid over nothing, I'm fine when I'm high.

This is basically what happens when I vape up before taking a shower. I get it in my mind that I'm trying to explain certain things to people like, say, how a vaporizer works in general, or different methods of actions of various drugs and why they cause side effects, to generally arguing with myself.

I'm a little older than you and have gone through a lot of tests, both mental and physical, and I'm fine. If there's no family history of it, then there isn't much to be worried about IMO.

I think everyone talks to themselves and does that kind of stuff, it's just got a weird stigma attached to it so not a lot of people like to talk about it.

decaptain

well, of all the drugs and things you could consume while, cannabis may be the safest imo.
But completely isolating yourself is not a good idead, you will get insane.

decaptain,

Tweek

Pot can trigger and/or worsen latent mental illness in some folks. So no, it won't cause mental illness, but it can awaken something that is already there. That is a risk with any mind altering drug natural or not. Same goes for alcohol.

As to talking to yourself...lots of people talk to themselves. The way you are worrying about it though, leads me to believe you are a bit of an anxious person?

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
This is basically what happens when I vape up before taking a shower. I get it in my mind that I'm trying to explain certain things to people like, say, how a vaporizer works in general, or different methods of actions of various drugs and why they cause side effects, to generally arguing with myself.
What is it about a shower and getting in your own head? That is where is happens to me by far the most. It also seems to be where I come up with my grandest plans that don't get followed through on.

Last edited:
fluffhead,

DissPosable

I'm a little older than you and have gone through a lot of tests, both mental and physical, and I'm fine. If there's no family history of it, then there isn't much to be worried about IMO.

I think everyone talks to themselves and does that kind of stuff, it's just got a weird stigma attached to it so not a lot of people like to talk about it.

Yeah, I'm probably just making a big thing out of nothing, the fact I keep thinking about it probably just means I'm being paranoid. I'll see something out of the corner of my eye and I'll start to think that I'm hallucinating, which thinking about it now, is pretty ridiculous.

well, of all the drugs and things you could consume while, cannabis may be the safest imo.
But completely isolating yourself is not a good idead, you will get insane.

Yeah, after 2 years of little communication with other people being more than just texts I'm sick of it.

I've decided to turn one of my spare rooms in to a place me and the few friends I'm still good with can come down and relax, talk, get high, watch TV, play video games and all that sort stuff.

Until I can get that done I think I'll just try to start talking to people over the internet more or something, maybe just talk to people on a games console or something.

Pot can trigger and/or worsen latent mental illness in some folks. So no, it won't cause mental illness, but it can awaken something that is already there. That is a risk with any mind altering drug natural or not. Same goes for alcohol.

As to talking to yourself...lots of people talk to themselves. The way you are worrying about it though, leads me to believe you are a bit of an anxious person?

Yeah, I've always been pretty anxious, those mental illness thoughts tend to go away once I've used cannabis though, I start to feel all around more relaxed. If that's because of the actual cannabis or because it focuses my mind on other things I don't know.

What is it about a shower and getting in your own head? That is where is happens to me by far the most. It also seems to be where I come up with my grandest plans that don't get followed through on.

Anything to do with being totally alone in bathroom, weather I'm in the shower, brushing my teeth or... doing something else, I always talk to myself, get inside my own head and just imagine things. I don't know why.

Also, I found this while looking up Schizophrenia "Lack of insight (called anosognosia). Those who are developing schizophrenia are unaware that they are becoming sick. The part of their brain that should recognize that something is wrong is damaged by the disease."

So by thinking that I'm becoming schizophrenic is that proof that I'm actually not? lol.

DissPosable,

Tweek

I would recommend seeing a therapist/counsellor...nothing deep, no need to jump onto any meds or anything...but just someone you can talk to, flesh out how you are feeling.Sometimes all a person needs, is a bit of help changing their negative thought patterns around.

decaptain

DissPosable,
come on, it's SO obvious. no offence. anybody talking around the pot...

seeing a shrink may or not may help you.

you lived ALONE for 2 YEARS (or even more i don't know) while massively getting high..
dude try getting very high and talk to people who are not "potheads" themselves.. there's something strange about it.

so seeing your friends regurarly is very good for the start (all in my opinion of course), but getting high all the time, meaning that you NEED the stuff, otherwise you don't function, can't be the way forever, or can it? (all in my opinion of course)

my best recommendation would be to take a break from it altogether, make some physical activity (yeah you have too, i should be doing it mysef instead of "preaching" lol). as long as you can and then you see how you want to continue..

all the best

Tweek

I agree with decaptain with regards to getting out and doing some healthy activities. A small break from the herb to see how it affects your mental clarity is not a bad idea, but do not feel bad continuing its use if you truly feel it helps.

I still think talking to someone is a good idea. There is some reason why you went down the road of isolating yourself for so long. It is time to get at the core of what the reason is...and it helps to flesh it out with another person you can trust.

You don't have to see a "shrink" per se....many organizations offer free or low cost counsellors that you can speak to privately. They are not there to diagnose or prescribe medications...just to listen and help you sort yourself out. It is also a good way to add some routine to your life, which is really important if you want to avoid becoming a shut-in.

Top Bottom