• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vapexhale Petra (Upgraded Evo?)

BuzzDanklin

Looks like VapeXhale has a new version of the Cloud Evo on their site. Also interesting it seems to have the logo/branding of Hanu on the device itself. The colors look a bit similar to S&B

Edit: Added more details:

All orders placed will be shipped on or before December 10, 2021. Our units are hand assembled in USA and require a little more time to produce.

Why the Petra ?

Petra is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water system. Petra is an archeological city and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is a city which has been built within the mountain terrain and this makes it one of the unique features and gets listed as one of the seven wonders of the world.

The Petra, created by team Hanu Labs is our first desktop aromatherapy device released under this HANU. A rock like device with a bold design, built for the enthusiast and novice consumer. The Petra is built to last, offering our customers a user friendly experience

Designed by experts you can trust to make the best. We have been pioneers in the acceptance and modernization of the cannabis industry since vaporizations' inception, and developing award-winning vaporizers for 9 consecutive years.

The EVO Petra utilizes convection based hot air to evenly, efficiently, and thoroughly unveil aromatic healing properties. Relaxing and therapeutic elements are activated with precision to produce robust aromas with unparalleled vibrant flavor. Our heater core is also encapsulated in glass to provide the purest air path possible. This combination of superior taste and purity provides the user with a flavor profile unmatched by any other aromatherapy device.

The Petra Station includes:

• 1 EVO Petra
  • 1 Crown
  • 2 Baskets - Stainless steel
  • 2 Tubes - Graphite Borosilicate
  • 1 Orbit - Silicone Nail & Basket Holder
  • 1 Power Cord
  • 1 Instruction Manual
  • 1 3 Year Limited Warranty

The Crown (Swiss Tree):
A newly designed crown to complete your Petra Station, a Swiss Tree with a vertically placed mouthpiece, that creates a velvety rich aroma from the unique combination of the Swiss and Tree percolators. The Swiss perc, named for its resemblance to Swiss cheese, allows aromas and water pass around the larger holes, filtering and cooling. The tried and true Tree perc features multiple arms that descend into the water for increased diffusion. Double the smooth factor with the Crown, this HydraTube™ is the one for you.

All of our glass is hand made by a glass artisan. While we do try and make each piece as consistently as possible, because each one is hand-made, you may see a slight variation from unit to unit. Please note that as it is the nature of glass blowing, tiny bubbles may appear in joints.

VOLTAGE REQUIREMENTS: 110V unit exclusively for use in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Not to be used with any type of power inverter or converter.

Last edited:

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Modnote: 19 posts discussing the Petra were moved in from the VXL Cloud EVO thread.

Petra Limited Edition just dropped! Their site also was revamped. What are everyone's thoughts?

I really like the look of the steel on the unit. I am a little worried about the male gong end being so recessed into the device. I hope they fit all past Hydratubes and not use some new smaller diameter proprietary ones. The device seems to look a little safer to drop due to the recessed male joint and the rubber/plastic looking orange handles. I am a little disappointed we didn't get a small screen, and I hope we can at least get a temp range decal for the dial (last ones were on the heatshields). All in all, I am excited that they have released something new, but I was hoping for more features with the same design, not really a new design with same features. I can't wait to hear more and get some actual usage vids, I have so many questions still.

Last edited by a moderator:

CANtalk

It might grow on me but not yet. Reminds me of this, lol.

atlantis.jpg

The vape for supervillains, haha.

I guess the countersunk hydratube setup will protect the 18mm mail joint, though I've never had a problem with it exposed. Looks problematic with small mouthpieces like the Helio (which I really dig).

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Salvaged_Title_Robot

@maremaresing
Yes, as of now it appears to be a durability/ergonomics upgrade.

@CANtalk
Lmao The pic is spot on. I have my worries about the recessed 18mm male joint, as well. We'll just have to wait and see if everything is backwards compatible. There's also another thread for it here, where I have also stated my first impressions of the device, based on the pics and description on their site.

@ataxian
What do you think?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@maremaresing
Yes, as of now it appears to be a durability/ergonomics upgrade.

@CANtalk
Lmao The pic is spot on. I have my worries about the recessed 18mm male joint, as well. We'll just have to wait and see if everything is backwards compatible. There's also another thread for it here, where I have also stated my first impressions of the device, based on the pics and description on their site.

@ataxian
What do you think?
I love water path 4 my EVO.
Want 2-use it with a huge COLA of outdoor CIVILIZED CANNABIS!
Dazed & VErY CONFUSED & EVO 4 enlightened mind’s!
14mm however 18mm is ideal 4 the FC186 reAdy 2-Bast-off EVO life!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
IMHO, the Petra is a good example of why VXL really bit itself in the ass when it blew off the "Beta Test Group" abruptly following the Hanu Stone announcement.

I'm pretty sure that we would have said that there is one helluva lot of marketing-speak here but very little about the unit itself, or about how it is like vs how it differs from the EVO. All we get is a few pics; not even a vid with the cute gal showing how to use it? And not even one pic of the "crown" hydratube, which looks like a small drop-in less than half the size of a standard HT? Nothing about specifications; is this a space-age looking unit not actually all that different from the EVO? Are we looking at a heater enclosure inside an up-venting air chamber? If so, what is the external housing material? How hot does it get? How should the orange "arms" be gripped, and must one take care not to put finger tips between them? Two-hands or one? What about using the HT's we have (looks to me, that's a 'no')? Etc. Etc.

Now, obviously some of these kinds of details don't usually accompany a product's release. Except though, when it appears as a follow-on product based upon a predecessor which is well known and which everyone will invariably compare it to. And whom the owners of which are the first target customers.

This sorta reminds me of the huge mistake "Hanu" made with the Stone. Yes, it was kinda cool and sexy looking. But beyond "the cool" it also was more expensive as were its pods, and just wasn't impressive enough to get traction in a market already crowded with Pax-like vapes and disposable pens. There was never any real "this is why the Stone is better" explanation. Hmmm . . . is the Petra a similarly conceived creation?

At $400+, the Petra really needs to show the beef. It's too expensive and maybe even overwhelming for a novice buyer. And experienced EVO owners are not going to jump on this just for its looks and handles. Come back down to earth, Hanu - buyers are ruthless and knowledgeable these days.

So color me disappointed orange. I still have my Cloud OG and my Fanatic EVO has never skipped a beat. Unless and until I see some real information and real experiences from real EVO users, the Petra is, well, not real enough for consideration.

:myday: :science::shrug:

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
IMHO, the Petra is a good example of why VXL really bit itself in the ass when it blew off the "Beta Test Group" abruptly following the Hanu Stone announcement.

I'm pretty sure that we would have said that there is one helluva lot of marketing-speak here but very little about the unit itself, or about how it is like vs how it differs from the EVO, other than the orange handles and short HT. All we get is a few pics; not even a vid with the cute gal showing how to use it? And not even one pic of the "crown" hydratube, which looks like a small drop-in less than half the size of a standard HT? Nothing about specifications; is this a space-age looking unit not actually all that different from the EVO? Are we looking at a heater enclosure inside an up-venting air chamber? If so, what is the external housing material? How hot does it get? How should the orange "arms" be gripped, and must one take care not to put finger tips between them? Two-hands or one? What about using the HT's we have (looks to me, that's a 'no')? Etc. Etc.

Now, obviously some of these details don't usually accompany a product's release. Except though, when it appears as a follow-on product based upon a predecessor which is well known and which everyone will invariably compare it to. And whom the owners of which are the first target customers.

This sorta reminds me of the huge mistake "Hanu" made with the Stone. Yes, it was kinda cool and sexy looking. But beyond "the cool" it also was more expensive as were its pods, and just wasn't impressive enough to get traction in a market already crowded with Pax-like vapes and disposable pens. There was never any real "this is why the Stone is better" explanation. Hmmm . . . is the Petra a similarly conceived creation?

At $400+, the Petra really needs to show the beef. It's too expensive and maybe even overwhelming for a novice buyer. And experienced EVO owners are not going to jump on this just for its looks and handles. Come back down to earth, Hanu - buyers are ruthless and knowledgeable these days.

So color me disappointed orange. I still have my Cloud OG and my Fanatic EVO has never skipped a beat. Unless and until I see some real information and real experiences from real EVO users, the Petra is, well, not real enough for consideration.

:myday: :science::shrug:
Couldn't agree more......the Petra seems like nothing more than the EVOs better looking brother. Can't really tell right? Can still buy an EVO though.

Not long ago I received a couple emails regarding some type of business/lifestyle "coaching" from Seibo Shen that I never signed up for and immediately unsubscribed from.

Just to be clear....I love my EVO and respect Seibo for what he has accomplished but I never had the urge to get anything Hanu, wasn't interested in any coaching and without more info I don't get "why" the Petra.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I was just reading the email as well and it looks pretty interesting. I've never tried an Evo but I have a few hydratubes from DHGate so if this made good use of them that would be a plus.

Shipping at $66 USD for USPS to Canada hurts but there is a few components i.e. a large box, so it's in line with a VROD premium bundle as a comparison. I'd like if they added DHL which is cheaper (probably evens out with handling fee) and faster.

Regarding compatibility:
*The petra can be used with all existing vapexhale hydratube offerings, except the Swiss Honeycomb.

b0

Cloudy...
As much as I love my vapexhales, I don't see any reason to "upgrade" to this one (so far I don't see any upgrades, just a change of shape to WORSE)

It especially worries me the fact that the male joint is now deeper in and surrounded so I'm sure that this new vapexhale ain't gonna be as compatible with all my glass collection as my EVO (main reason why I have 2 vapexhales: to use it with my glass and because it's an all glass airpath) Didn't they think there is a reason why the EVO is thinner at the top?

Will wait to see reviews, but for me this is a step back.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Regarding compatibility:
*The petra can be used with all existing vapexhale hydratube offerings, except the Swiss Honeycomb.

Trying to go proprietary instead of compatible with all 18mm females glass pieces like the EVO? I miss Seibo, vapexhale is a shitshow since it was bought IMHO.

Also, where are the improvements?

"The Limited Edition Petra, is our gift to you! The Petra is the beginning of the next generation of Hanu Labs (Vapexhale) technology, pushing the boundaries of style and design; while remaining true to our core. The Petra's newly configured internal components utilize our patented perpetu thermal heating system and all glass airpath. We've improved our design by adding unique features that you will love. This isn't the average vaporizer it's eye catching perfection."

Have you really "improved" your design? Sorry, that's not an improvement it looks like a coffee machine now lol. That's all you have to say to convince me to buy a 500$ unit that looks worse in every single aspect to your prior unit? Oh well, time will say but seems like my EVO is gonna be the last VXL for me.

That email was so disappointing ...

oldiebutgoodie

I just received a LinkedIn email notification of this post by Seibo under his "Seibo Knows" account . . .

I am super proud to announce that Ricardo Willis has created the next generation of vaporization device for the connoisseur of cannabis. The Petra will be that next level in flavor and user experience that you have been waiting for. Pre-order your and it will be ready by Christmas!

It is followed by a post by Ricardo Willis, who apparently is "Hanu Labs". I don't know whether the post is publicly viewable or not, but it is essentially the same verbiage as on the vapexhale web site.

Note that although a price of $499.99 is shown on several web pages, once in the cart the price is actually $420 after the $80 pre-order discount $80 is applied. (Btw, is this essentially a repeat of the Indiegogo campaign of 8 years ago, just on a smaller scale?)

I confess that I have not been "waiting for that next level in flavor and user experience". In what way is this the "next level"?

It is not at all clear what this newly created "next generation of vaporization device" actually is, since "EVO" is not mentioned anywhere. By not explaining what the Petra is as it relates to the EVO, nor providing any meaningful specifics about the Petra itself, I'm just left confused. :hmm:

EDIT: I just received the following from Ricardo Willis, sent from support.vapexhale.com (so you may receive this as well).

Happy Saturday, several months ago I set out to navigate this company through a very competitive market, including our current climate globally that has affected all of us in some way. The last 6 months have been extremely challenging while very rewarding for me professionally. Our long time customers have supported us through this challenging time. The very small team at Hanu Labs (Vapexhale) is appreciative of your loyalty to our company, we thank you!

One of my first initiatives as the CEO was to create a new device for our customers. It's been a long journey since the first vapexhale evo was released. It's pretty tough to make a device that's better, it's the best! However, I decided creating a device with a bold new look with improved features that increases performance, reduces breakage and increases customer satisfaction is the way for us.

The Limited Edition Petra, is our gift to you! The Petra is the beginning of the next generation of Hanu Labs (Vapexhale) technology, pushing the boundaries of style and design; while remaining true to our core. The Petra's newly configured internal components utilize our patented perpetu thermal heating system and all glass airthpath. We've improved our design by adding unique features that you will love. This isn't the average vaporizer it's eye catching perfection.

We've entered the final hurdles of producing this device which has been a wild ride! I'm going to ask for your help with the final push! We need your help!

A presale of 500 units will ensure we can get the product released in December. There are a lot of costs associated with a device release; but Colleen and I have brought the product to the finish line. We need this final push to make it happen now!

Here's our offer to you!

$80.00 off your pre order with special pricing of $420.00

EVO Petra Kit includes:
  • 1 Petra
  • 1 Crown Hydra Tube (Swiss Tree) - newly designed mouthpiece with swiss tree concept
  • 1 Hydrafoot
  • 1 Orbit - Nail & Basket Holder
  • 2 Baskets
  • 2 Nails
  • 1 Power Cord
10% off all future purchases for a period of 12 months

Thank you for taking the time to read through this long email, but I wanted to convey our efforts and mission to bring you a carefully created hand assembled American made product. Our team is made up of a few good people in California and Pennsylvania who have remained vigilant in making sure this company continues to provide our customers with the best products and service. Have a wonderful Saturday and please buy a PETRA!

Warm regards

Ricardo Willis

Chief Executive Officer
Hanu Labs/ Vapexhale

I take this to mean that (a) the Petra is an "improved" EVO with "added unique features" and (b) that this is another crowd-funded campaign to finance a December release. And apparently EVO owners are the first target customers.

:myday: :peace:

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Trying to go proprietary instead of compatible with all 18mm females glass pieces like the EVO? I miss Seibo, vapexhale is a shitshow since it was bought IMHO.

Also, where are the improvements?

"The Limited Edition Petra, is our gift to you! The Petra is the beginning of the next generation of Hanu Labs (Vapexhale) technology, pushing the boundaries of style and design; while remaining true to our core. The Petra's newly configured internal components utilize our patented perpetu thermal heating system and all glass airpath. We've improved our design by adding unique features that you will love. This isn't the average vaporizer it's eye catching perfection."

Have you really "improved" your design? Sorry, that's not an improvement it looks like a coffee machine now lol. That's all you have to say to convince me to buy a 500$ unit that looks worse in every single aspect to your prior unit? Oh well, time will say but seems like my EVO is gonna be the last VXL for me.

That email was so disappointing ...
I was thinking they might be trying to go more proprietary when you can get knockoff hydratubes for less, but if the base of a hydratube isn't too wide and it's just a standard 19mm connection then I don't see how they could make it proprietary.

*Hanu confirmed that the Swiss Honeycomb is 5cm to big before I could finish this post.

@Salvaged_Title_Robot It's just underneath the description of what is included when you expand the website "show more" tab.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm not really in the market for another Evo, I hardly ever use mine any more, which is a shame, because I used to enjoy it a lot!

However, i might be persuaded if there were significant changes, it just doesn't feel like there are enough!

He makes a big deal of the vents, and the legs keeping the device cooler... Is it cool enough to be able to do away with, or at a minimum extend, the time out "feature"? I feel like they would (should?) have said if so. Also, the way the marketing and email reads is that it is a better device than the Evo, but they don't want to talk about the improvements under the hood? The shroud for the male GonG feels like it's an attempt to force OEM glass, but that won't stop many here from using adapters etc.

It just smells of a desperate attempt at making some money from a "new" product with little investment. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Here's some of the verbiage from the email I received containing the link to the Petra video.....
The Limited Edition Petra, is our gift to you! The Petra is the beginning of the next generation of Hanu Labs (Vapexhale) technology, pushing the boundaries of style and design; while remaining true to our core. The Petra's newly configured internal components utilize our patented perpetu thermal heating system and all glass airthpath. We've improved our design by adding unique features that you will love. This isn't the average vaporizer it's eye catching perfection.

We've entered the final hurdles of producing this device which has been a wild ride! I'm going to ask for your help with the final push! We need your help!

A presale of 500 units will ensure we can get the product released in December. There are a lot of costs associated with a device release; but Colleen and I have brought the product to the finish line. We need this final push to make it happen now!

Here's our offer to you!

$80.00 off your pre order with special pricing of $420.00

It doesn't feel like a gift to me. It feels like they need my $420 to make this happen. “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it! (George Santayana-1905)."

oldiebutgoodie

Introducing the Petra:

Thanks for sharing that. The video link in the email from Ricardo that I posted above, is broken. The vid certainly answers a lot of questions. My takeaway is that it's a larger version of the EVO with an up-venting air chamber to facilitate better heat dispersion, handles to provide better stability, and a base around the joint to protect it and better secure the hydratube.

From the Description of the Petra:

* The final product could have slight design changes in the handles.

Thanks. When I looked at the web page those caveats weren't there. Or maybe I've got early-onset dementia. :ko:

It doesn't feel like a gift to me. It feels like they need my $420 to make this happen. “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it! (George Santayana-1905)."

A lot of us are going to be reminded of the Indiegogo campaign. I was a "Fanatic" contributor and a strong defender of Seibo/VXL even thru the many stumbles that followed (and preceded). This time around, I don't see the value for the risk.

And, yes, I agree that there seems to be a faint hint of desperation, and that delivery is contingent upon response to the campaign. I do very much wish them success. And after all, it's in all of our interests that vapexhale stays afloat.

:myday::peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom