• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapexhale Hanu Stone

Baron23

This is just a guess . . . I suspect that there are "distributors" which fill the pods and wholesale to dispensary retailers. The oil production and pod filling must be automated, and for quality/consistency/economies-of-scale reasons, makes sense that this would be done by distributors that are given a sufficiently large geography to support the investment.

Not talking CBD, the situation of which is very murky.

But for THC, who fills and sells the pods is a state by state situation. In Maryland, we do not yet have the Hanu but we do have the Pax Era and Pax has a contract with one licensed processor (extractor) in the state...Liberty....to fill them. It will NOT be the exact same as filled in another state though I suspect that Pax imposes some sorts of standards for extraction tech and quality assurance.

I love my EVO and while I don't know Seibo I do like his energy and vibe. But with that said, I continue to absolutely not want proprietary carts when there are high quality, ceramic wick carts available to be used on any pen battery or box mod and which can be sourced from any of the 15 licensed extraction processors in my state.

I suppose that given the growth in older med patients as a market, and that many of them do not have any experience with the kit we all play with and take for granted. So, an all-in-one type of design probably is attractive to them....but, Pax or Hanu, its still a proprietary battery tying you to a proprietary cart and that's just not for me, personally.

Cheers

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Not talking CBD, the situation of which is very murky.

But for THC, who fills and sells the pods is a state by state situation. In Maryland, we do not yet have the Hanu but we do have the Pax Era and Pax has a contract with one licensed processor (extractor) in the state...Liberty....to fill them. It will NOT be the exact same as filled in another state though I suspect that Pax imposes some sorts of standards for extraction tech and quality assurance.

I love my EVO and while I don't know Seibo I do like his energy and vibe. But with that said, I continue to absolutely not want proprietary carts when there are high quality, ceramic wick carts available to be used on any pen battery or box mod and which can be sourced from any of the 15 licensed extraction processors in my state.

I suppose that given the growth in older med patients as a market, and that many of them do not have any experience with the kit we all play with and take for granted. So, an all-in-one type of design probably is attractive to them....but, Pax or Hanu, its still a proprietary battery tying you to a proprietary cart and that's just not for me, personally.

Cheers

Good info. Fwiw, I've been told by a couple folks in the business that the target is actually younger people. I guess sorta a juul but for weed. A friend just bought me a pod for $62 (+ tax), I think it's 1gr. He was told that retailers aren't all selling them for the same price.

Anyone have an idea of what that translates into as far as usage?

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Baron23

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
He was told that retailers aren't all selling them for the same price

Pod prices are all over the place. I think there are only .5 gram pods. It goes as fast/slow as any .5 gram cartridge: depends on how you use it. FWIW, Pods are refillable, albeit it's kind of a pain in the ass to force the applicator/needle past a plug. Here are some prices in Washington State at a store I frequent:
106ivm1.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Pod prices are all over the place. I think there are only .5 gram pods. It goes as fast/slow as any .5 gram cartridge: depends on how you use it. FWIW, Pods are refillable, albeit it's kind of a pain in the ass to force the applicator/needle past a plug. Here are some prices in Washington State at a store I frequent:
106ivm1.jpg

The closest thing we have to those live resin pods in California is $70-80 per .5g for the Era. :uhoh:

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Azn2101

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Who is the pod by? I haven't been able to find any info about retailers carrying these.

My Stone pod was purchased for me at a launch party in SF last night. It's 1 gram., $62 + $5 tax. My friend tells me that there were 3-4 vendors there. I saw names for CA and CO in a Seibo presentation, but he has taken that down and I don't remember. :hmm:

The 2 brass-looking studs are embedded magnets. The center opening is the draw hole, no idea if refillable via this route.

2r7vpyf.jpg

The is looking inside the Stone upper body; you can't tell that the oval shape area is actually recessed about an inch; that's of course where the pod inserts. To the far left/right are magnetized metal inserts which mate to the same in the mouthpiece cap (so there is a small hole in the cap the size of the mouthpiece hole in the pod). The brass-looking pegs in the center are magnetized like those in the pod but much smaller; these hold the pod. The 2 studs to the left/right of the brass pegs hold the Stone's upper/lower bodies together. The small opening just off-center right is the air intake. (Disregard the artifacts; that's just me being messy + my camera angle.)

2603eky.jpg

In the pic posted by @BL4ZE a few days ago, the green band the surrounds the Stone where the upper/lower bodies meet, is an LED. It blinks while charging, and lights up when you take a draw. Looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I suspect that Pax imposes some sorts of standards for extraction tech and quality assurance.

From my experience, it seems like they will sell their pods and partner with any companies that have a liscense good or bad. Ive had shitty co2 pods from a company that was independently tested and found to contain illegal pesticides.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Baron23
I am not on yammer yet so is there a plan for Washington state or at least Oregon would be closer. I loved the experience

MonsterWithoutBorders,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Bloom farms and jetty in cali was co2 garbage, legion of bloom i had hit and miss experiences with different batches. I have not tried the era in the state im in now but they are available

Some of the old Jetty stuff was really gross, they switched to distillate now + cannabis terpenes but I've not tried it.

IMO Brite Labs is the best co2 oil for era pods in Cali.
Overall the lack of processors offering Era pods is a bit disappointing. I believe they never gained much market share because almost all of these brands offer the same oil in Ccells and most people are going for the cheaper option. I really wonder how Hanu will overcome those same challenges. Exclusive pairing with desired processors is the only thing I can really think of.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: mixchu69

KLo

No Ember
Hate to say, but things don't sound fully formed. Otherwise we'd be endorsing, no?

KLo,

subway13029

Im in florida and pax has a deal with liberty health sciences..formerly known as aphria a d the pods are 60 for half g and they are absolutely garbage..its crazy such a good device is in these agreemwnts with trash companies..

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Im in florida and pax has a deal with liberty health sciences..formerly known as aphria a d the pods are 60 for half g and they are absolutely garbage..its crazy such a good device is in these agreemwnts with trash companies..

Even in CA there's just not enough brands doing the pods, it's unfortunate because I like them a lot more than Ccells. You can refill them pretty easily though if you have access to co2 oil or distillate syringes.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: mixchu69

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
In what way, please?

Labeled pods with brand and strain, really handy feature if you have multiple pods. Useful if you have a few pods in your pocket, you can easily tell which is the CBD, the Indica, and the Sativa.

Full e-nail style temperature control via the app for dialing in any type of hit. I really like this feature a lot! You can really taste different notes in the concentrate depending on what you tune in to. It's a lot more control than the standard 3 voltages you get with stick batteries. I generally run Ccells on a small box mod to take advantage of .1w adjustability for more control, but the power will be constantly ramping in a variable wattage/voltage based heater like that, whereas the Era does appear to actually hold temp, and not really overshoot like say, hitting a cart at 6 watts for 15 seconds on a mod.

I consistently get clogging problems with Ccells, I've only had one clog ever from an Era pod. I feel this is because the Era wick is fully bathed in oil, whereas with Ccells, the oil must flow into the separate vaporization chamber. I personally believe is what causes air bubbles in those tanks due to oil being pulled in while inhaling, while simultaneously wanting to run away from heat via capillary effect.

I do like how easy it is to sample flavors with the pod system compared to the threaded 510 on the Ccell, however, I have to note though that in my experience, a decent portion of Era pods fit a bit loosely and need a piece of Scotch tape added to one side of the pod to fit snugly in my Era device. For the price that shouldn't happen; I believe the Hanu uses magnets to improve on that. Good idea.

I really love how the Era has battery life indication, via the 4 leafs on the front, or the full percentage in the app. Too many pen batteries leave this feature out. It really sucks not knowing if your pen is gonna last through the night.

I personally prefer the wider mouthpiece of the Era pod over the slim Ccell mouthpiece, for whatever reason I find I tend to do throat/mouth pulls with the Ccell, whereas the Era is more direct-to-lung which I prefer. I think the airflow of Era pods is more consistent too. It's a little bit more restrictive than some Ccells, but the airflow is really consistent, not sure if that makes sense, but it reminds me of hitting a carb capped rig.

The Era is extremely lightweight and compact, I know these 510 pens are all pretty small, but the Pax is especially so; and a loaded Era with a few extra pods takes up very little pocket space or weight. Not a huge benefit but one I do like.

There is cotton in the Era, but it's a post filter, not a pre filter/wicking element like in Ccells. If you've ever torn down a Ccell this cotton does have a tendency to char/burn so it's nice to not have that in the vapor path.

Honestly the Era is probably my favorite portable vaporizer yet, but it's true that a lot of the pods are overpriced. We have an absolutely horrible policy in CA on refill syringes, high quality clean tested ones - they're pretty much non existent here, and go for pennies in other rec. states. If I could get those I would just re-fill them as I do prefer the platform.

I'm curious to hear more about the Hanu, but I haven't heard anything or seen anything on any store menus yet. There is more than a few pod based systems on the market, so I'm curious to see how they will stand out. I kind of feel like the VXL pedigree leading up to the Hanu won't really be understood by many folks besides us FC'ers, so not sure if that will really help build market share or not.

I've said this before but I feel like the best shot at truly gaining market share at this point is to do exclusive partnerships with highly regarded processors to only use the Hanu. Most processors doing Era pods offer the same oil in a Ccell, and the majority of people are gonna go for the more affordable option when its the same exact concentrate. I believe that's why the Era platform is not more popular. We're starting to really step up the cartridge quality in CA, so much that some really taste as good as a proper enail dab - would be nice to have the temp control with those great extracts! :peace:

Azn2101

@invertedisdead I agree with the above posts points.

The Era pods seem to give less problems in General/All Around but I really like the ability to use my eVic in wattage mode and just swap my Tank for a 510 CCell type cart or even the adapter for the other larger coil style (710 I think?) with a 3000mah pen battery.

I really can't speak to quality as I'm not Super great at being able to identify subtle tastes and terp profiles that they're sometimes the companies selling point but it seems the trend of using many other type of concentrates into the cartridges is cool. I just can't afford to spend $80 for 2x 500ml carts filled with Sauce or Live Resin but I did get to try a hit of one and it seemed to give me a much more lasting flavorful experience but I was already pretty medicated to be able to say if there was a noticeable difference besides that instant rush you get from running a ~3.6v inhale for 10 seconds.

A Hanu Stone event was less than 30 minutes away like a month ago almost now and I really should've gone =/

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Sorry I'm so tardy to the party. My initial thoughts and pics . . .

The opening experience was mixed. I love the packaging, the Stone, its feel, look, texture etc. However, the pod leaked all over the place. I'm trying to find a way to get it to stop leaking. I stood it on end, it leaked. I stood it on the other end, it leaked. Its on its side right now and its not leaking but this is a big problem. Maybe I got a defective pod because I don't believe they would design it this way. Anyways there is enough CBD in there to do a test.

Fully charged the Stone. Nice LED feedback everything looks straight forward. This thing feels really good in my hand. Just took my first 5 pulls, and am having an amazing experience. I love how smooth, cool, and supple the vapor is. I was skeptical about the flavor but its awesome!! Cool, smooth, supple vapor with a nice taste and essential oil effect. Easy draw, instant vapor that gets better with each pull.

This is my first use of the stone but I can see myself using this nightly as a pain/sleep aid. I hope the pod I received is defective and not indicative of what they are supposed to be like. Also, it is unclear if I need to remove the pod when I am done with a session or if I can leave it in the Stone for transport in the nice carry bag.

So The only issue I have had is the leaky pod, otherwise this thing is great!!! :-)

I would photograph the pod but there is no visual indication of any defects.

Stone function is really great, awesome cool, supple vapor, device is easy to understand and use. Stone has a quality feeling in your hand and is aesthetically pleasing. Charging was quick, simple, and the LED feedback is really nice. The only weak point for me so far is the leaky pod. Its unacceptable how much it is leaking. Overall impression is extremely positive, hopefully I just received a defective pod because if I can get pods that do not leak I will use this device all the time. I'm experiencing a pleasant mellow effect right now, very relaxing, I can tell this will be great before bed. This device is amazing, Hanu Labs have done a great job.

I will try and get a usage video done soon . . . :cool:

Edit: I saw some folks talking about the "wick" in the Stone. The atomizer in the Stone is a ceramic, porous, chamber which can provide awesome vapor at low temperatures while preserving desired terpene profiles. So NO wick!

20190406-Exploded-Stone-with-text-V2_1024x1024.png

---
stone-1.jpg

---
stone-2.jpg

---
Stone-3.jpg

Last edited:

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
Had opportunity to test Hanu Stone with Butter Brand Gelato Pod, so guess it's time for a "Pappy" review. Will preface this by stating I'm not an E-pen guy, I'm a vaporist-purist who hasn't smoked a joint since I began vaping in 2010. Not a big 710 fan either. What small exposure I've had to E-pens has been quite negative -- until Hanu Stone. Have known Seibo quite some time and have always been a Seibo fan due to his design aesthetic and work ethic. Hanu Stone is Seibo's baby and it's extremely well designed and functional, much more polished than EVO or Cloud. The real surprise isn't its Apple-esque design and packaging, however. It's how shit-faced you get on 1 or 2 hits! A hit or two is the equivalent of a Solo II bowl. Seibo is practically giving the Hanu Stone away because he partnered with the premiere concentrate makers in California to produce the proprietary pods. That addresses my two biggest beefs with E-pens, healthiness and potency. The pods taste great and get you wrecked. The delivery system appears designed to be non-harmful. My only problem now is I need more pods!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I guess my question is, what makes this more healthy or more potent than other premium prefilled carts on the CA market?

How much are the pods selling for? I haven't seen these anywhere on SoCal menus yet.

I don't know if it would happen but it would be awesome to hear from Seibo himself regarding this Hanu. I'm a fan of great oil pens as I think they are unbeatable for true micro dosing; so I'm definitely the market for a Hanu, I just wanna hear what sets it apart from the others.

pootsforjesus

I'm trying to find a way to get it to stop leaking. I stood it on end, it leaked. I stood it on the other end, it leaked. Its on its side right now and its not leaking but this is a big problem. Maybe I got a defective pod because I don't believe they would design it this way. Anyways there is enough CBD in there to do a test.
Agree with everything you said, especially the leaky pod. Bit bummed on that one, but I really enjoyed the pod it came with. It’s a shame I don’t think I’ll be able to get any more pods for it for quite awhile (it looks like Illinois is about to legalize it though!), otherwise I’d definitely pick a few up.

pootsforjesus,
Reactions: t-dub

anasrzi

I see the hanu going to be available worldwide or just the US? I'm still banging away on my ccell pen type concentrates but know full well there's better out there, the pax era and hanu of course.

My biggest concern is the inability to refill the carts, not a problem with a cell but with these hanu/era carts can't they be refilled?

anasrzi,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Agree with everything you said, especially the leaky pod. Bit bummed on that one, but I really enjoyed the pod it came with. It’s a shame I don’t think I’ll be able to get any more pods for it for quite awhile (it looks like Illinois is about to legalize it though!), otherwise I’d definitely pick a few up.
I had the exact same problems with the leaky pod; leaks every which way, so assume that is a manufacturing defect and not by design.

JCat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just copped three 1 gr. pods to augment floral vaping. Consider me a convert! Before driving off I checked all the pods to ensure they weren't leaking. I suggest keeping the pods upright since the oil seeps downward. If a pod is angled or on its side the oil will follow. I actually remove the pod and store it upright between hits. ;)

Pappy,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom