Vapes with all glass stems? (No metal screens)

Finessseee

So far my list is

• Arizer portables
• E-Nano with built in glass screen
• TinyMight with built in glass screen

I’m trying to put together a list of vapes that are all glass pathways. No metal screen either.

Can the terpcicle be used without the metal screen inside?

Any others that should be added?

Thanks!

Finessseee,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good point. Can those be used without the stainless steel screens in the bowl?

Yes (vgoodiez has their own as do others, they are really common) but as I just replied to you in the TM thread:
The glass honeycomb screen can work but it requires a chunkier coarse grind, even whole nugs, so I prefer the extraction from a more medium coarse grind or even more fine with rimless steel mesh basket screens... They're annoying for a variety of reasons, and I always wanted an all-glass set up too, but I hardly ever use it this way because it is just not as effective or enjoyable for me (you'll need to be careful about keeping things cleaner as debris gets through too)
Same deal with injector bowls, I do not like to use them even though I thought they would be so great before I tried them lol

BAK can do whole nugs with all glass pathway pretty well so that is a great option for purity... But I still end up using screens and grounds more too, there are a lot of options with a variety of different vapes, any glass stem vape will be capable of an all glass pathway somehow basically, and any that have separate bowl piece like the injectors, although most work better with the screens for the grounds and security, it can be more involved to try to make an all-glass pathway and that is why you don't see a lot of stock options per se why you feel limited with the ones you listed? (PS Fury 2 also has a glass stem honeycomb screen WPA that also fits into the xmax v3pro) and yeah if you skim and search around you'll see there are other threads of people asking for recommendations, searching for the same goal you have laid out here...

Finessseee

Yes (vgoodiez has their own as do others, they are really common) but as I just replied to you in the TM thread:

Same deal with injector bowls, I do not like to use them even though I thought they would be so great before I tried them lol

BAK can do whole nugs with all glass pathway pretty well so that is a great option for purity... But I still end up using screens and grounds more too, there are a lot of options with a variety of different vapes, any glass stem vape will be capable of an all glass pathway somehow basically, and any that have separate bowl piece like the injectors, although most work better with the screens for the grounds and security, it can be more involved to try to make an all-glass pathway and that is why you don't see a lot of stock options per se why you feel limited with the ones you listed? (PS Fury 2 also has a glass stem honeycomb screen WPA that also fits into the xmax v3pro)
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah I’d prefer an all glass vapor path if possible. I’m not too worried about some scoobies falling through as long as it’s not a significant amount and getting filtered through my waterpipe to avoid inhalation of tiny particles. I’m a bit sensitive these days and am learning the more glass and less metal is a smoother experience for my lungs overall. Arizer vapes and E Nano with the fixed glass screen stem have been my daily drivers in the past for this reason. I’m interested in checking out the BAK!

Finessseee,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah I’d prefer an all glass vapor path if possible. I’m not too worried about some scoobies falling through as long as it’s not a significant amount and getting filtered through my waterpipe to avoid inhalation of tiny particles.

Yeah my point is it is a significant amount, unless you are careful about the consistency of the bud, and it will lead to a really filthy water pipe... I'd recommend using some sort of dry catch at least then?? Check out that Quartz Thunderbolt thing, twas his pursuit

I’m a bit sensitive these days and am learning the more glass and less metal is a smoother experience for my lungs overall. Arizer vapes and E Nano with the fixed glass screen stem have been my daily drivers in the past for this reason. I’m interested in checking out the BAK!

I agree it is more ideal, I just think it is not worth the extra aggravation and particles etc, or extraction etc, not all metal is created equal so if you are careful about sourcing pure stainless steel screens etc that could be the better option ultimately but yeah there are sensitivities because most metals are alloys, also like dealing with sensitivities to wood, glass and other such peer materials are best but it is really difficult to get everything perfect that way so it's always going to be a trade-off... Ultimately I decided it was not worth the negatives in my situation (I used to use arizer long ago and tinymight is basically The ideal evolution from that being much more fully featured with full temper range pure convection on demand etc. arizer you can pack the stem type because you're doing conduction it's a different design really though, and nano a bit weak for me too, not ideal with those stems, better luck with HI stems and screens etc)

Finessseee

Yeah my point is it is a significant amount, unless you are careful about the consistency of the bud, and it will lead to a really filthy water pipe... I'd recommend using some sort of dry catch at least then?? Check out that Quartz Thunderbolt thing, twas his pursuit

I agree it is more ideal, I just think it is not worth the extra aggravation and particles etc, or extraction etc, not all metal is created equal so if you are careful about sourcing pure stainless steel screens etc that could be the better option ultimately but yeah there are sensitivities because most metals are alloys, also like dealing with sensitivities to wood, glass and other such peer materials are best but it is really difficult to get everything perfect that way so it's always going to be a trade-off... Ultimately I decided it was not worth the negatives in my situation (I used to use arizer long ago and tinymight is basically The ideal evolution from that being much more fully featured with full temper range pure convection on demand etc. arizer you can pack the stem type because you're doing conduction it's a different design really though, and nano a bit weak for me too, not ideal with those stems, better luck with HI stems and screens etc)
Gotcha good to know. Yeah I’m not 100% all in on glass only vapor path setup.. just wanted to see what my options were. Alan should be hitting me up soon for a bamboo HI. The terpcicle seems cool, but I’ve never been a big fan of butane personally and my cats will be startled if I whip out a torch near them lol

Shit Snacks

Gotcha good to know. Yeah I’m not 100% all in on glass only vapor path setup.. just wanted to see what my options were. Alan should be hitting me up soon for a bamboo HI. The terpcicle seems cool, but I’ve never been a big fan of butane personally and my cats will be startled if I whip out a torch near them lol

Yeah see what solutions Alan has, but most of his stems do rely on the screens as well

GoldenBud

The Tasty Tube,

would definitely buy it if I was still into vaporizing

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
In my experience. Glass screens sound great but most people end up disliking them. They are a lot more hassle to keep clean and they definitely make your glass dirtier.
m a bit sensitive these days and am learning the more glass and less metal is a smoother experience for my lungs overall.

I can't imagine how a metal screen could have any impact on the smoothness of vapor or your lungs at all. How did you come to the conclusion that metal was irritating you?

Finessseee

In my experience. Glass screens sound great but most people end up disliking them. They are a lot more hassle to keep clean and they definitely make your glass dirtier.

I can't imagine how a metal screen could have any impact on the smoothness of vapor or your lungs at all. How did you come to the conclusion that metal was irritating you?
It’s moreso the flavor profile changes and easier to clean lol. I just find that all glass vapor path is smoother / more flavorful than a stainless steel screen in between the vapor path

Finessseee,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It’s moreso the flavor profile changes and easier to clean lol. I just find that all glass vapor path is smoother / more flavorful than a stainless steel screen in between the vapor path
I'd love be to see the Pepsi challenge on this. My primary driver of cannabis vapes is flavor and I have found no difference with and without a small dome screen.

Hippie

The Glass Symphony and SymphoMini can be all glass

Elev8 and ModPod Labs make 18mm stems and wands with glass screens that will fit many devices
Likewise, you can buy glass screen injector and diffuser bowls that will fit many devices
I've tried them and gone back to screens as they restrict the flow and block up with particles and residue and only get worse, and then they're a pain to clean ... and dry lol

Hippie,

EarthworldTim

I'd love be to see the Pepsi challenge on this. My primary driver of cannabis vapes is flavor and I have found no difference with and without a small dome screen.
This is my experience. I have a vgoodiez diffuser bowl with a glass screen and I always use one of the shovelhead screens in there on top because flavor difference is indiscernible and my glass stays way cleaner with the screen.

beluga808

Same here. It's also very convenient to use hemp fiber as a screen. I'm using it with my Quartz Cap (18mm) and I can easily blow out the hemp fiber filter and abv after use. Chamber also stays clean for longer this way.

@Finessseee how big does the chamber needs to be? The Vaponic is a great little vaporizer, that could go screenless if you use whole nugs. I know there are modifications where people add a metal cap to the Vaponic in order to use it in their Wands or any other induction heater. That way you wouldn't need a torch and your cats can stay calm.

Edit: I don't know what vapes you already have, but from your list I would definitely choose the TM. It's so versatile and powerful in a compact format.

Last edited:

hoptimum

So far my list is

• Arizer portables

I’m trying to put together a list of vapes that are all glass pathways. No metal screen either.

Thanks!
The glass bowls of at least some diffuser ball vapes have many tiny holes on the bottom and don’t require a screen. Paired with a glass bubbler, it’s a very clean and tasty vapor path.

hoptimum,

hoptimum

I

How you load the bowl might have something to do with it. Rather than grind, I’ve been flattening smal buds, around 0.10 grams. Screens generally tended to clog faster than the many small holes in the diffuser bowl. That’s likely because screens intercept tiny particles.

I prefer the airflow and flavor without a screen, though a screen really doesn’t affect flavor much, IMO.

Sticky Brick vaporizers, like the OG Brick or the Junior. They have glass stems and no metal screens.

Artrix Global,

beluga808

Sticky Brick vaporizers, like the OG Brick or the Junior. They have glass stems and no metal screens.
Don't you put the material on a metal screen? ;)
OP also said he would like to avoid butane, so I don't know if SBs are the best fit here (Although they are great vaporizers).

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Things like the Arizer Solo and similar might not have metal screens but DO have metal heating chambers or sometimes metal heating elements in the air pathway.
I love an all Glass air path, but with my Glass injector heads and my Ceroma (dont have any metal ones) I ended up going back to ss screens in my bowl over glass ones for the different airflow, the finer grind they allow, which makes my herb go further, and it seems to taste nicer. Doesnt seem any hasher on my throat , the opposite, and no sore throat or irritation. I soak them in isopropyl and then rinse in boiling water. And stick them on top of my injector head for a while.
Using titanium to heat rosin on seems to make my throat a little sore, similar to the Herborizer not Ti, turns out mine has a stainless steel cartridge heater, not a titanium one, but the big radiator block is titanium. Sorenes goes when i dont use them, but then, when i do its almost every hour, so I may notice more than most.
So far my list is

• Arizer portables

Thanks!
I would go with a Quartz, Zirconium or Boro Glass Baller Injector head if you want all glass path.

Curious Gorilla,
Top Bottom