• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Do you guys bring a vape with you when flying? Obviously airport security is a bitch nowadays, many vapes could be mistaken for a bomb or something dubious. Making sure there's absolutely no residue is crucial as well. Glass vapes clean up well but are fragile. The PD seems like it might be a good candidate; durable, discrete, the tubes can be soaked in iso. I'm wondering about the unit itself; shouldn't be much buildup down the heat exchanger tube (think the top of the ceramic heater blocks anything from falling deeper into the unit)... could vacuum it out and swab with an iso soaked q-tip, though the crossbar would block that to some degree. Probably be fine 95% of the time but I'd be pissed if some jerk decided to break it open or pull a Pythias Brown. :|

Think marcuss brought his Vapolution to the NL.

Anyone?

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
From my old combustion day I have a beautiful redwood pipe from Cali (of course). As for vapes...I'd say the glass based ones are the best.

Just found the vriptech bat that works with a car cigarette lighter http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...&Store_Code=VR&Product_Code=VB&Category_Code=

Also I've seen a glass vape on ebay, that is glass as well. I think it is base off of the light bulb type vape. http://americansmokeless.com/about.htm

As vtac stated though...ther are both glass, and can get broken. Other than that I'd say it would have to be an all wood vape, which I don't think exisists yet. Funny vtac. I was looking at my PD yesterday, and wondered if it would get "blown up" by TSA. I'm planning a trip to Seattle in March for job interviews, and I'd love to bring my PD back to the motherland. Great and sinister minds think alike. :D

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Not sure what an x-ray cross-section analyst might think... The design isn't going to fit any item they have ever seen before (and that probably applies to most vapes). The wiring might draw attention, but it is rather simple and neatly done, power jack, diode, resistor and LED in the bottom. The power jack pretty much says it's a home-based device. I would pack the transformer right next to the unit, if the x-ray if scrutinized it will show that too, and it becomes more obvious that it is some sort of plug-in device.

The metal heat exchanger is stainless and non-magnetic, that's a plus with metal detectors/ magnetometers.

On cleaning: the best you can do is turn it over and tap-tap-tap to shake any material out of the unit. One thing is pretty sure, there isn't any THC left, it's all been vaporized long ago. There are two channels that are wiring conduits/wiring insulators that run down from the HE to the lower electronics compartment and those can allow tiny bits of material to get into the bottom, so a thorough shake out would be prudent and a vacuum can't hurt the PD, so why not?

If they ever decide to 'open' the unit I want a video, that should be good for a laugh... :lol:

As mentioned in another thread Pammy's backpack was passed up by two different drug dogs and her PD was right there with no special cleaning. It just doesn't smell like pot to a drug dog. :cool:

Are you going out of country? Just remember, the power supply is odd outside North America, and you will need a different wall-wart.

Beezleb

Be careful about the dogs, I have witnessed them find the faintest residue. Clean that out really well if you must travel with it but I also realize some countries have strict laws and enforcements especially during these times.

If they ask you about tell em its a device to help you quit smoking and that likely would end it.

marcuss

above the clouds
Yes i took my vapo to NL and it was very happy to attract the people's curiosity....you know there are only 'cano in the coffieshops...bah!
No problems at all since my travel was by car!

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
marcuss said:
No problems at all since my travel was by car!
Oh yeah that's right. :D

Good info, Tom. :tup:
Tom said:
there isn't any THC left, it's all been vaporized long ago.
Good point! :lol:

Guess I won't hesitate to bring the PD oil diffuser along. ;)

vtac,

Purple-Days

Beezleb, did you mean residue, like pipe residue from smoking, the tars and goo? I'm curious. Or residues of fresh marijuana resins on maybe a used baggie?

The reason I ask... If I was a cop training a dog, pipe and bong odors would be on my list of odors to train the dog for. Another would be pot smoke odor on clothes. Where there is smoke there is fire, uhhh I mean weed. BTW the dogs that passed Pammy's stuff busted others while Pammy was watching, so those dogs weren't dopes. ;)

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah, I tend to think that vapor odor (fresh or residue) is still under the radar where dogs are concerned. We should enjoy it while it lasts. :)
vtac said:
Guess I won't hesitate to bring the PD oil diffuser along.
Yeah. Use some oil in it and don't clean it before you go either. ;)

max,

Tecun Uman

I just got myself a Vapman and as far as traveling goes lol. I am like a mother and her new baby, can't seperate from it. we even went clubbing last night. the case it comes in is nice, small, and egg shaped. I am sure if you dip it in acetone or something to clean it, then it should be resin free and travel anywhere. no wires, but you do have to find butane jet flame lighters if you lose one or carry a refill for having a session.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
:wave: welcome to the forum Tecun Uman. Stick around and give us your thoughts on the vapman. Quite a few vaporgenie and vaporstar users on this BB so your vapman yarns will be worth reading.

:tup:

vaporcloud,

Tecun Uman

Absolutely =). This isn't my first vape and it certainly won't be the last. I had a Vapir One 4.0 and although it wasn't the best vaporizer out there, it certainly was better than combustion. I have never tried the volcano, but have tried other ones like VapeBrothers.
Yesterday I met with some friends and they love smoking blunts with backwoods. I was able to just vape with them. They even tried it and they were all fans of the intense hit you can get.
I notice that usually heavy smokers will love to vape, if they are getting a think vape. Which in the case of the vapman, is just one bowl pack.

I think the vapman can't hold more than .10 of a gram for each bowl pack. maybe .08 but this is eye ball. I tried to digi it, but my scale does tenths and i never got to .1g

So this part kind of sucks. You basically have to learn how to control temp with a jet flame. preferably, don't share the vape with more than 2 ppl for each bowl pack. which is amazing since you are packing like .08 and 2 ppl will get high or nicely buzzed. Ofcourse, i only use headies and some KB when things are bad.

So if you plan on getting the vapeman, make sure you can pack good chronic or you be wasting tons of butane and packing like crazy.

The design of the vapman rocks! i have yet to do combustion with over heating and the 3 little air tubes never have gotten clogged. They look solid and the airflow seems to go through that little chamber nicely. It just takes practice on heating it up.

I wish i could try the vaporgenie and others. But I really wanted to take a chance with the vapman. It has minor things that maybe are huge to others. Like lighting it and then smoking it. instead of pulling with a butane or lighter. the ufo design is nice and compact. the case is nice and air tight with almost no chance of accidentally opening.

man, I can't sell this vapman enough. Been using it for 5 days and I can tell my lungs are appreciating it. It is Pricey, that's the only thing. I wish it was 100 or 80ish. But i dunno, tons of stuff are marked up so high that as long as it delivers, i guess it's worth 150. It's either that or waiting for someone to come up with the design and manufacture it, cuz after seeing the video on how he made it. I had to send him my money.

Tecun Uman,
Reactions: Chandler

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to THE place to go for vapor info Tecun. Glad you like the Vapman. I know what you mean about the video. Watching the production process made me covet one too. The Vapman's strong points are wind proof vaping and no possibility of inhaling butane if the flame doesn't come on or goes out during heatup.

"..which is amazing since you are packing like .08 and 2 ppl will get high or nicely buzzed." Those of us who own the Purple-Days vape have already experienced amazement at the efficiency of a small bowl. ;)

Hang around the forum, do some reading and you'll get a lot of info to help narrow your search when you decide to take the plunge on another model.

max,

bongoman

Hey Tecun

I too am a Vapman user.

I often marvel at the design and engineering of the unit - the way the supporting branches funnel air in to the bowl.

When you consider that it is handmade in a Western country, it's actually good value I figure.

It's worth spending a few extra bucks and getting a good, solid jet flame lighter to go with it. I found the one I received with mine was crappy and didn't match the quality of the vapman. But chances are if you?re a vaporiser, you're also probably something of a gear freak (that is,you appreciate things like build quality and good engineering and design) and are happy to have the excuse to look out for a nicely built jet flame lighter. ;)

I've also found that because the bowl is so small, it's tempting to pack it full - I've been playing with packing tiny bowls and it works even more efficiently that way. I pack them small enough so that when I've run the bowl once, there's enough headroom in there for me to shake the unit and redistribute the load before blazing again. That is,there's enough space in the bowl so that the herb can turn around in there. And finely ground seems to work best too.

It's definitely not a party piece - more for the solo toker on the go. I love that I can just chuck it into my bag with my stash and a lighter and am ready to roll. On my bike, through the forest and down to the beach for a skinny-dip with the vapman on board. Life is good :)

bongoman,

Crime_Scene

Going to Jamaca in April 09 (merged)

Going to Jamaca in April 09 and would love to take my silver surfur with, but dont know if I could one get it there safe and two get it back. This is the first time I have posted and would love some feed back. Thank you in advance.

Oh and one more thing is there a small vaporizor on the market that is not to expensive that would work for this situatuion?

Crime_Scene,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the forum crime_scene. Planes are definitely a problem these days, and I'm no expert, but I'd have to recommend the Purple-Days vape for small and 'not too expensive'. In addition, it's very stealth in that it's a legit aromatherapy diffuser, AND it's also an excellent vape that complements the Surfer very well. ;)

BTW, I combined your posts. In the future you can do the same with the 'Edit' button.

max,

Crime_Scene

Thanks for the reply and the help with the rookie mistake. I will most definitely look ant the purple-days vape!

Crime_Scene,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just bring a new wand and a new hose and leave those there. The SSV itself should be a-ok!

Also, hold out on getting your medicine, make them bring you a few different grades. They always try to jip the tourists, I know from first hand exp. You will not get anything remotely close to chronic (they said it's because it is hard to cure and dry the bud there) but with some luck, you can get some green. Mine was mostly brown :mad:

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: VapeNStone

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Brown nugs or hash SM?

We smoke a lot of brown (or browny coloured) nugs in NZ - epecially the outdoor grown weed is brown in a appearence. Its usually the Indica strains than turn brown when cured but I love that shit!. So different to indoor herb in appearence and tastes very earthy. Just like what I smoking - ahhhh vapping atm :cool:

vaporcloud,

Crime_Scene

I got some from jamaca in Aruba this past Oct and it was some crazy stuff. I was green and it was the best I have had yet. better than anything here in TX. Stonemonkey do you remember the prices there?

Crime_Scene,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Wow, can't believe it was the best ever you tried. I spoke with some locals and showed them some pics of what we have and they said they just don't grow it the same. I paid 60 us dollars for what looked like about 1/4

VC - it was brown nugs, the guy said it grows green but when it dries it turns brown. I beleive it was due to the humidity. I don't know if it was bad or if I just couldn't smoke enough to get faded cause my throat hurt. All in all, it was still good just cause the overall exp of Jamaica was great so I wasn't all sour about not getting primo herb! Jamaica is where I found this site too!

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
That was my assumption, not my experience, which is why I was surprised he said that he got some killer herb from Jamaica when he was in Aruba. At least you can get weed, that's good enough for me.

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
ugh i would hate to walk into a busy marketplace with most of the "delaers" there targeting me saying.."ohh he wants the sensi" hahhaha...

to the OP..juts go to your local head shop and ask if they have any vapor-genies :brow: its requires no electricity....you can screw the bowl top onto your bong(if you have the old school plastic water pipes with the metal screw on bowls) :lol: possibly not but a couple of my friends did so it was a great buy for them...also you will need a SHIT TON of bic lighters...that genie eats them up FAST.

I wouldn't recommend an i-inhale only because the price is soooo huge that you would be better off buying a FATTY sac and smuggling it to Jamaica..:rolleyes:....I kno thats not the safest advice but if you really consider it...well...its your money man and I can't stop you...only give you my :2c:

besides the herb I hope its an awesome trip man! glad you gave vaporizing a fist thought when you knew you were going to Jamaica :lol: awesome!

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i would second the pd, just throw it in a bag with some aromatherapy stuff and it wouldnt get s econd glance even from the most educated of airport security, the tubes are easily cleaned for the return, and you could even leave it in the hotel room and it wouldnt get much attention (i would take it with me tohugh, i dont want other people to mess with my baby :lol: )

besides that, last year pam traveled across the country by bus and had dogs miss her pd tubes on several occasions (had they been cleaned or not?) even when she saw others getting busted the dogs just didnt register the smell of the tubes

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom