Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

tradhead

It depends how well its wrapped. But yes no method is perfect.. Fucking cops robbing ya! happened to me once. how low can they go?!

tradhead,

Rmpl Stltskn

Anyone have any experience with the I-Inhale and airport security? Did you carry it in a carry-on bag or a checked suitcase? I'll be spending some time traveling and I'd like to have the II with me.

In the past I've often brought the flame filter from my VaporGenie in a checked bag, along with a traditional tobacco pipe and a bag of pipe tobacco (partly for subterfuge, partly because I enjoy some from time to time), and I've never had any problems. I screw a standard metal pipe bowl onto the flame filter and it sits perfectly on my normal-looking pipe. I prefer my Vapman to the VG, but the VG-tobacco-pipe combo looks less strange, less like paraphernalia, so it seems safer.

Rmpl Stltskn,

Beezleb

Do they let you take lighters on a plane now? If not probably have to put in luggage but expect it to draw attention.

I havent flow in a few years though so maybe they calmed down a bit since last I flown.

Beezleb,

Rmpl Stltskn

Yeah, I guess carry-on is probably not a good idea.

Anyone ever have problems with vapes, pipes, anything in checked luggage?
Every get something confiscated, or been questioned about something in your suitcase? What would they do if the x-ray guy found something that looked like paraphernalia in your bag? Have the police waiting at baggage claim?

Rmpl Stltskn,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've brought glass pipes and bubblers, 100% clean & unused, in checked luggage back home several times, from New York, to Minnesota, to Washington --- as long as it's clean, you should be OK. I wouldn't take anything questionable as a carry-on.

SpiralArchitect,

Joseph de Montgolfier

Traveling with my Vapo. (merged)

Hello, this is my first post here, and i would like to apologize in advance for my poor english.
I'm using a Volcano since one year and i'm realy happy about my new non-smoking way of life.
However, i'm planning some hollydays in Spain, and i'm a ilttle bit nervous when i'm thinking at the airplane episode. Did someone experienced the airplane security policy ? May i take my vapo with me, not in the baggage hold ? Many thanks to all of you and congratulations for this constructive forum.

Joseph de Montgolfier,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: JdM, welcome to FC.

As long as everything is 100% clean of all residue and plant material you're fine. There's nothing illegal about an aromatherapy device.

That said, I'm not sure how suspicious a Volcano might look on an xray machine. I'm sure people have been hassled for less. All depends on the person checking... hard to say.

You might want to consider a smaller, more stealthy unit for travel. Maybe an iolite or Purple-Days, or something to that effect. There was some discussion in this thread.

Sounds like a nice holiday. :brow:

vtac,

Joseph de Montgolfier

vtac said:
You might want to consider a smaller, more stealthy unit for travel. Maybe an iolite or Purple-Days, or something to that effect. There was some discussion in this thread.
Sounds like a nice holiday. :brow:
Thanks for your quick answer and your warm (under 210C) welcome, i will definitly study the 2 options you gave me. :cool:

Joseph de Montgolfier,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wouldn't risk it with a Volcano...it's the most recognized vaporizer in the world. If you really want to not be noticed get something small and/or obscure.

stickstones,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
You couldn't pay me any amount of money try and get a Volcano through airport security.

You will probably end up on one of those TV shows like "Boarder Patrol".

Chubba,

Beezleb

watching a show like locked up abroad would be enough to stop me smuggling if I was into that kind of thing. Lol, im sure they would spot me a mile away. I would check what the laws on transporting that kind of thing. If the laws are cool I would say its fine but expect to have to explain what it is.

Beezleb,

Joseph de Montgolfier

Chubba said:
You couldn't pay me any amount of money try and get a Volcano through airport security.

You will probably end up on one of those TV shows like "Boarder Patrol".
This time it will be a freaky frenchy instead of determined mexicans....:D According to the Vox Populi, i will let my Panzer at home and will try to buy me a nice and transportable Vap.

Joseph de Montgolfier,

marcuss

above the clouds
bonjour JdM!
If you can afford a portable vape is all good....but....without a vape in Spain will be a smokey holiday so...i'll simply clean up the Cano, put it in a clean case inside the baggage and that's it....if they ask me i reply...it's just my kettle!!
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure no french cops nor spanish know the 'cano as a forbidden aromatherapy unit....

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
The iolite's a good choice for vacation vaporizing. Have a great time Joseph. The scenery looks great!

max,

SometimesY

What to do when traveling (merged)

I travel a fair amount for work. I'm from Boston, but am currently working in Topeka, KS (Ack!). I've always been reticent to bring anything along with me, though I know people that do regularly.

For those that travel, what do you pack? Do you do anything unusual to get through airport security?

One guy I know brings some bud with him in an old film case (remember film?). He's done it dozens of times without issue, flying from California.

Having to be in KS for a month, I'm considering bringing a "Golden Dragon" tincture, or just brownies with me. What do you do when you're away from home?

Incidentally, if anyone's from Topeka or Lawrence and would like some company, let me know. :)

SometimesY,

dp.

Hey there fuck combustion community at large.

I have the hand carved teek vapor genie.
teak850x500.JPG
I have not used this pipe in over 3 months, the smell of marijuana is almost none existent, but i am not sure. I am wondering about the chance of this pipe being identified as a pipe used for marijuana.

In preparation for the flight i have cleaned the screen and bowl area but was not able to clean the inside of the pipe. I have also vaped a few bowls of tobacco to add a little convincing detail. The general design of the pipe looks nothing like the stereo-typical glass marijuana pipe.

I am sketched out and need to know if i have good reason to be nervous or if i am over reacting. Personal experience would be the most beneficial. Random "nawh man your fucked dont do it" is not that helpful without reasonable logic and practice behind the advice.

Flying domestically i also have a checked bag.

Thank you in advance

dp.,

NoSmoke

You should be good I hear Macbill brings his all over the place w tobacco of course ;) I've also read that security is quite lax on domestic flights, look into the underwear technique by Bart if you wanna bring some along.

P.S all questions go in the ask FC thread :D

NoSmoke,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
IF it came down to it and customs swabbed it, then yes, you would more than likely be fucked. It would be very difficult to fully clean a wood VG of trace and the machines they use to analyze swabs are extremely sensitive.

As unlikely as it may be, ask yourself if the risk is worth it and go from there. :2c:

vtac,

standard

NoSmoke said:
You should be good I hear Macbill brings his all over the place w tobacco of course ;) I've also read that security is quite lax on domestic flights, look into the underwear technique by Bart if you wanna bring some along.

I haven't followed Bart's thread in a few weeks, but I don't recall him saying to stuff a pipe down your pants.

standard,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I just bring along a half a pouch of rolling tobacco in a well-used looking pouch (you know, the thinly cut tobacco for cigs, not pipe tobacco), place a tobacco load in my clean, hand carved teak unit, and sent them through in the checked bag I usually bring.

My suitcase has been examined a few times (they leave a sticker or note that they have examined my bags)), but nothing else. I don't pack herb in any carry-on, I always bring that on my body.

I always bring a few clean glass bats (glass one-hitters) in my toiletries bag, as sometimes a bat is just the thing. Never any problems.

VTAC is right, however, the best way to not get caught is don't do anything illegal. For example, what if it is the first day of some TSA guy or gal who wants to show they are on the ball?

My understanding is that, really, the TSAs fuction is not for illegal drugs, but airline security. That is not to say if they find some blantant, couple-of-pounds-of-dope-in-a-suitcase they are not going to call the local law enforcement. But their function is not to look for paraphanalia.

You need to evaluate the risk and decide if you want to chance it. And I'm talking domestic flights. International flights I brings bats with no probs, but I haven't yet decided to bring a vape to Mexico this Winter: it is not the going I worry about, it's the dogs and customs folks (who are not TSA) I worry about coming back.

macbill,

NoSmoke

standard said:
NoSmoke said:

I haven't followed Bart's thread in a few weeks, but I don't recall him saying to stuff a pipe down your pants.
By saying "some" I was reffering to something else.;)

NoSmoke,

Trixer

As mentioned above if they swab it and field test it for THC, your screwed... even if they don't use sensitive machines and just drop it in that nice colored liquid that turns a nice shade of "your going to jail" then yeah, your going to jail....

You could soak it for a few days in a non polar solvent (any alcohol) and that might do it.. but personally I don't think I would take a risk with it.. Cause also mentioned above if some dude decides he wants to be on the ball or in control... your most likely not going to have a good day...

Is it worth blowing your whole vacation so you can have it? Really thats the question you should be asking. Why not just mail it to your self? Do you already know where you will be staying? Mail it from the post office (not your house) ahead of time, and call the hotel and inform them your expecting a package and to hold it for you....

Coming back from mexico is the shitty part.. I was with a photogorphy friend of mine and they went through all of our stuff, and took most of it, just to be douche bags, and when he was snapping pictures of them hauling off my alienware laptop, they pointed a .50 cal mounted on a jeep at him and told him not to take pictures.... It was a depressing trip home, had fun there though!

Trixer,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Searched for a thread I though I remembered, couldn't find it, sorry. Anyways I'm taking a Seattle to Reno flight pretty soon and I need to take my Extreme, launch box, grinder, a wood piece and all this other stoner equipment, you know how it is. I was wondering if you guys had any advice I was thinking about shrink wrapping all of it and throwing it in my checked luggage, burried nice and deep and throw the E in a tool box with foam. I'd rather not go through the trouble though, I don't own a shrink wrapper myself.

Anyone have good advice? Think I even have to worry about dogs? I know a few people who have flown domestically with ounces in there bag just rolled up in a blanket but I'm trippin...

I also want to take an eighth, no not edibles, if anyone has advice about that.
Anything helps!

Peace

I've read a lot of advice in other forums and shit but it all seems to bed, "shove it in a bottle of shampoo lolzorsxx!!" and that's retarded

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom