VapeCode UK e-nail power on delay

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hi Guys,

I bought the UK version of NewVapes FlowerPot compatible enail to use with my FP shower head.

rBVaEVmNLrmAWxYgAAJ2W14U0t0467.jpg

When I plug in the power cable the main power button glows red as expected.

When I flick the main power switch to 1 (power state = on) I get nothing for about 60-90 seconds, then the device kicks in to action.

Is this normal behaviour or a sign the PID is on the way out?

Alexis

Hi Guys,

I bought the UK version of NewVapes FlowerPot compatible enail to use with my FP shower head.

rBVaEVmNLrmAWxYgAAJ2W14U0t0467.jpg

When I plug in the power cable the main power button glows red as expected.

When I flick the main power switch to 1 (power state = on) I get nothing for about 60-90 seconds, then the device kicks in to action.

Is this normal behaviour or a sign the PID is on the way out?
I have the same model if it is the vapecode flowerpot compatible one and no it starts upmright away and should do. I would contact the seller it doesnt sound rifgt in which case it could fail down the line.

I have kept an interested eye out for your reports on the SH I know your vaping routine and options have been quite restricted and imposed upon by various factors the last 8 months.
But I kept thinking to myself "how did Greenhopper get on with his Showerhead?"

But I waited patiently trusting you are doing what life demands and hoping it will still turn out to be a delightful experience (which btw I wanna hear ALL about in due course!) ;):popcorn:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I have the same model if it is the vapecode flowerpot compatible one and no it starts upmright away and should do. I would contact the seller it doesnt sound rifgt in which case it could fail down the line.

Thanks for confirming this bud, it didn't seem right.

Man I've had some bad luck with enails. 1x DOA HexNail and now this dodgy VapeCode.

Well on the plus side it is switching on and it is heating up the nail.

I have kept an interested eye out for your reports on the SH I know your vaping routine and options have been quite restricted and imposed upon by various factors the last 8 months.
But I kept thinking to myself "how did Greenhopper get on with his Showerhead?"

But I waited patiently trusting you are doing what life demands and hoping it will still turn out to be a delightful experience (which btw I wanna hear ALL about in due course!) ;):popcorn:

So I've been playing with my shower head for two weeks now and I'm really liking it.

Got a friend over this weekend so we are putting the FP to the test.

I'm running it at 700°f on the PID, played with both fast and medium speed draws and even a little bit of carb capping.

I can get a really nice golden even AVB with no carb capping and a medium speed draw resulting in a nice upbeat high. But with the carb cap I can get that coffee granules toasted colour and a heavy stoning.

I've decided my FP routine involves aiming for loading exactly what I want for a one hit rip (my preferred style) so that after my draw is complete I have cached the load.

I haven't played with any concentrates yet, flower only.

I really like the consistency of the experience and I love the fact there is no draw resistance unless I want it by using the carb cap. Weirdly I don't feel the vapour filling my lungs but I do feel it on the exhale (in a good way).

I've got my setup on an IKEA stool next to my couch so I can just twist to my left and use it and takes up no space at all.

I'm using the MFLB Orbiter anhydrous which I thought would be too small and harsh but I love it, nice and easy to handle.

Talking about handles, the NewVape handle didn't fit the E-nail coil that came with the DH Gate setup so I took a few chopsticks, cut them in half, used the hemp fiber and some shrink wrap heating and made my own handle.

P67BUbD.jpg

1iJyIop.jpg

:tup: vary happy with the FP.

Alexis

Thanks for confirming this bud, it didn't seem right.

Man I've had some bad luck with enails. 1x DOA HexNail and now this dodgy VapeCode.

Well on the plus side it is switching on and it is heating up the nail.

So I've been playing with my shower head for two weeks now and I'm really liking it.

Got a friend over this weekend so we are putting the FP to the test.

I'm running it at 700°f on the PID, played with both fast and medium speed draws and even a little bit of carb capping.

I can get a really nice golden even AVB with no carb capping and a medium speed draw resulting in a nice upbeat high. But with the carb cap I can get that coffee granules toasted colour and a heavy stoning.

I've decided my FP routine involves aiming for loading exactly what I want for a one hit rip (my preferred style) so that after my draw is complete I have cached the load.

I haven't played with any concentrates yet, flower only.

I really like the consistency of the experience and I love the fact there is no draw resistance unless I want it by using the carb cap. Weirdly I don't feel the vapour filling my lungs but I do feel it on the exhale (in a good way).

I've got my setup on an IKEA stool next to my couch so I can just twist to my left and use it and takes up no space at all.

I'm using the MFLB Orbiter anhydrous which I thought would be too small and harsh but I love it, nice and easy to handle.

Talking about handles, the NewVape handle didn't fit the E-nail coil that came with the DH Gate setup so I took a few chopsticks, cut them in half, used the hemp fiber and some shrink wrap heating and made my own handle.

P67BUbD.jpg

1iJyIop.jpg

:tup: vary happy with the FP.
Awsome thanks for sharing all that Im really pleased to hear you are finally enjoying it.
Just a word on the enail handle- when I installed mine I initially could not get the handles to join together properly and there was a gap and it was a bit wonky. For all I tried that day it just seems like the coil would not fit properly between the two metal plates of the handle. I was exceptionally tired at the time now and was in a hurry to just slap it all together to find out if I can actually tolerate the vaporizer or not rather than doing things properly and taking my time, in the zone.

I did the best I could and wound It up with the hemp fibre anyway and it stayed that way for several months until my mum took over ownership and took it apart and we got it to fit together and close perfectly.
@Doktor Dub also had a similar problem initially struggling to get his email handle to fit tightly closed around the coil but I think he may have figured it out now as well.

So just have another tinker with it sometime because at first I couldn't see how it would fit but then when we took it apart at a better time it was easier to see how it goes.

Good luck getting your controller replaced, should be no problems except you obviously do not want to go without the controller now. @emmdeemo had a few faulty controllers from them too, and I believe that they sent a replacement for one of them without him needing to return it but I recall it being in a rather beat up state visibly.
But if you take a video of how it is not working right and send it to them who knows they may do the same thing for you? Worth a shot anyway and that way you would get to carry on testing your Flowerpot while you wait for the replacement.

Thanks for the insight bro and always for your upmost positive and friendly presence here in all situations, one of FC's true bright lights for sure have a great weekend with your friend, looking forward to more developed impressions down the line.:tup:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Awsome thanks for sharing all that Im really pleased to hear you are finally enjoying it.

My pleasure fella, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :D

Just a word on the enail handle- when I installed mine I initially could not get the handles to join together properly and there was a gap and it was a bit wonky. Lol I tried that day it just seems like the coil would not fit properly between the two metal plates of the handle.

I did the best I could and wound It up with the hemp fibre anyway and it stayed that way for several months until my mum took over ownership and took it apart and we got it to fit together and close perfectly.
@Doktor Dub also had a similar problem initially struggling to get his email handle to fit tightly closed around the coil but I think he may have figured it out now as well.

So just have another tinker with it sometime because at first I couldn't see how it would fit but then when we took it apart at a better time it was easier to see how it goes.

Good to know, I'll bear that in mind. I quite like how chunky my makeshift handle is but I don't know how long it will last.

Good luck getting your controller replaced, should be no problems except you obviously do not want to go without the controller now. @emmdeemo had a few faulty controllers from them too, and I believe that they sent a replacement for one of them without him needing to return it but I recall it being in a rather beat up state visibly.
But if you take a video of how it is not working right and send it to them who knows they may do the same thing for you? Worth a shot anyway and that way you would get to carry on testing your Flowerpot while you wait for the replacement.

Thanks man, good call on the vid, I'm gonna do exactly that. I'll report back on how well its all handled.

On a side note I'd just like to add that the controller itself was smaller that what I expected which was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the insight bro and always for your upmost positive and friendly presence here in all situations, one of FC's true brighy lights for sure have a great weekend with your friend, looking forward to more developed impressions down the line.:tup:

Very kind of you to say fella, I very much enjoy your posts too, another true FC'r :tup:

It's about time I give the Slug 33 a try now I have something to properly dab off of. Then I can report back on some of the other FP features. Gonna take my time though, I'm in no rush :ko:

Have a great weekend bud.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: Alexis

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Well the FP worked a treat yesterday but I have not been able to power on the enail this morning so I have sent a message to the Dhgate vendor.

We shall see what they come back with.

GreenHopper,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Quick update:

The Dhgate seller sent out a replacement unit.

For some reason they put the units value as the original retail price so I had to pay UK duties on it which was annoying but I just want to get my FP up and running so I'm just gonna have to suck it up.

The replacement unit switches on immediately and so far it's been working a treat.

I'm gonna play with the FP for a month or so and then I'll feedback my experience in the FP thread.

Thanks for the assistance @Alexis.

GreenHopper,
Top Bottom