• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vape Minyan

4everpushingaboulder

Well folks. We unfortunately missed celebrating trees (ents should celebrate this)

• Tu B'shevat - January 17. This holiday, the New Year of the Trees, marks the coming of spring. ...
However, Purim falls on St Paddy’s day and 4/20 falls during Passover.
  • Purim — March 17. ...
  • Pesach / Passover — April 16-23. ...
So, I propose a zoom/teams/intsa video celebration for Purim. Dressing up in green is appropriate.

And a Weed Seder on 4/20.

Who’s in?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
This joke could have been 100% accurate for me and my family once we all became adults and my grandfather had passed....
A friend was in front of me coming out of the Synagogue one day, and as always the Rabbi was standing at the door shaking hands as the congregation departed. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. The Rabbi said to him, "You need to join the Army of God!"

My friend replied, "I'm already in the Army of God, Rabbi."

Rabbi questioned, "How come I don't see you except for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur?"

He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."

4everpushingaboulder

Reminds me of this one

Several centuries ago the Pope decreed that all the Jews had to convert to Catholicism or leave Italy.There was a huge outcry from the Jewish community so the Pope offered a deal.

He would hold a religious debate with the leader of the Jewish community. If the Jews won, they could stay in Italy. If the Pope won, they'd have to convert or leave.

The Jewish people met and picked an aged and wise rabbi to represent them in the debate. However, as the rabbi spoke no Italian and the Pope spoke no Yiddish, both sides agreed that it would be a "silent" debate.

On the chosen day the Pope and rabbi sat opposite each other. The Pope raised his hand and showed three fingers.

The rabbi looked back and raised one finger and shook it at the Pope.

Next the Pope waved his finger around his head.

The rabbi pointed to the ground where he sat.

The Pope brought out a communion wafer and a chalice of wine.

The rabbi pulled out an apple.

With that, the Pope stood up and declared himself beaten and said that the rabbi was too clever. The Jews could stay in Italy.

Later the cardinals met with the Pope and asked him what had happened.

The Pope said, "First I held up three fingers to represent the Trinity. He responded by holding up a single finger, shaking it to remind me there is still only one God common to both our beliefs.”

"Then, I waved my finger around my head to show him that God is all around us. He responded by pointing to the ground to show that God is also right here with us.”

"I pulled out the wine and wafer to show that God absolves us of all our sins. He pulled out an apple to remind me of the original sin.”

"He beat me at every move and I could not continue."

Meanwhile, the Jewish community gathered to ask the rabbi how he'd won.

"I haven't a clue," the rabbi said. "First, he told me that we had three days to get out of Italy so I shook my finger saying no.”

"Then he tells me that the whole country would be cleared of Jews and I told him that we were staying right here."

"And then what?" asked a woman.

"Who knows?" said the rabbi. "He took out his lunch so I took out mine."

OyVape

Hey, I’m culturally Jewish (hence my username) and a practicing Buddhist who chants Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. There are quite a few of us in our organization. Sometimes known as a “Jew-Bu’s”. 😆

@Shit Snacks, your username is most decidedly treif. Why, boychik, why??😩

What I appreciate most about our traditions —besides the food—is the encouragement to question everything. It often drives my ex-Catholic husband meshugah.

We were married in a beautiful Buddhist center (not temple) and my 91-year old non-religious Daddy danced with us to “Brick House” at the reception at a seafood joint (also decidedly treif) along with hubby’s churchy Black relatives.

But WTF is a MOT?

Razhumikin

Hey, I’m culturally Jewish (hence my username) and a practicing Buddhist who chants Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. There are quite a few of us in our organization. Sometimes known as a “Jew-Bu’s”. 😆

@Shit Snacks, your username is most decidedly treif. Why, boychik, why??😩

What I appreciate most about our traditions —besides the food—is the encouragement to question everything. It often drives my ex-Catholic husband meshugah.

We were married in a beautiful Buddhist center (not temple) and my 91-year old non-religious Daddy danced with us to “Brick House” at the reception at a seafood joint (also decidedly treif) along with hubby’s churchy Black relatives.

But WTF is a MOT?
Member of Tribe, or alternatively, Mishpacha Objecting Thoroughly.

4everpushingaboulder

Looking for personal recommendations of known good recipes. Obviously i could google it myself....
Yeah. I just learned about that link yesterday and was looking for an opportunity. 😂 you just happened to knock.

I’ll ask my wife and sister. They’re the bakers (although my sister is the challah queen)

@Razhumikin -my sister says this dough and filling is on you. She’s partial to Nutella.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Yeah. I just learned about that link yesterday and was looking for an opportunity. 😂 you just happened to knock.

I’ll ask my wife and sister. They’re the bakers (although my sister is the challah queen)

@Razhumikin -my sister says this dough and filling is on you. She’s partial to Nutella.
I am also partial to nutella, so this is perfect. Todah Rabah!

GoldenBud

1. I am hungry now, it's looking so awesome!
2. why the heck do they add salt to this recipe?! :lol:

GoldenBud

To represent the tears 😭 of our ancestors who were persecuted by Haman until Mordechai rescued Esther.

Or it could be to help the chemical reaction with the baking powder and to add flavor 😉
there isn't a reaction between them because both are kind of salts
this recipe is taken from a restaurant that wants their customers to drink something near the Hamentaschen I think and that's why they add salt :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't add salt. dunno
99% sure about it, just make me laugh anyway

4everpushingaboulder

there isn't a reaction between them because both are kind of salts
this recipe is taken from a restaurant that wants their customers to drink something near the Hamentaschen I think and that's why they add salt :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't add salt. dunno
99% sure about it, just make me laugh anyway
So it was the tears of our ancestors!?

I’ve seen salt in many sweet cookie recipes and salted caramel and chocolate is a big thing. Apparently the salty/sweet combination.

As a kid growing up my dad had high blood pressure and we always cut salt from recipes without an issue.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
lol yes salt in baked goods is extremely common and in about every recipe, there's an old thing about putting a little salt in chocolate milk or whatever, salt mixed with chocolate, caramel, or other sweet is a classic combination now, not so shocking?

Top Bottom