Vape Minyan

sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud

I have to thank you guys. If not for the vape minayn I would not have known about the smoked whitefish salad from Cosco.

After forgetting the Whitefish, having it in a suitcase that was "lost" for 6 days and 2 trips without luggage I was finally able to get smoked whitefish salad. 2 pounds from Costco.

Thanks

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Found this by accident, so happy it exists.

White fish salad is not uncommon in Israel at all, but I'll be the first to admit I'm more of a salmon kind of guy.

There is nothing better than getting proper stoned and jumping over to Kfar Qasem for some hummus and schwarma.

sickmanfraud

yeah, I wouldn't think it's an Israeli guy until he popped out the 2-shekel coin ("Shnekel")
another tip I've had from an israeli guy is to use 19mm basket screen's ring to open the TM's battery compartment, great ideas

Thanks for the tip about the TM battery door. Just in time for the TM2 that has no slot.

I couldn't place the accent on the fellow with the shnekel. He did not sound like a local with English as a second language.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
How about the rise in Anti-Semitism?!?!

I'm not saying this because it pisses me off but .....is it my imagination or are the recent folks who feel free to express their anti-Semitism PUBLICLY a combination of talented, famous, entitled and on the lower scales of intelligence?

I've come to this conclusion because of how surprised these people were when the backlash occurred. At the very least they felt that their talent and fame would insulate them which is a sign of either entitlement and/or "not being smart".

Razhumikin

How about the rise in Anti-Semitism?!?!

I'm not saying this because it pisses me off but .....is it my imagination or are the recent folks who feel free to express their anti-Semitism PUBLICLY a combination of talented, famous, entitled and on the lower scales of intelligence?

I've come to this conclusion because of how surprised these people were when the backlash occurred. At the very least they felt that their talent and fame would insulate them which is a sign of either entitlement and/or "not being smart".
The recent expressions of antisemitism are scary, offensive, disappointing, and infuriating, but sadly not suprising. Im really not shocked that they thought they could get away with it either, because tons of celebrities are openly antisemitic and basically never face backlash. For example, Mel Gibson is still working in hollywood, hes literally starring in a movie with Mark Wahlberg that came out this year. This is a dude who is a Holocaust denier, and said that Jews cause all wars. Nick Cannon had to only make a perfunctory apology after saying some incredibly antisemitic shit last year, and now he has a new show. Its not just celebrities either, tons and tons of regular people are deeply antisemitic and never face any consequences for their actions. I cant tell you the number of people who dont know Im Jewish who have said to me "He jewed me down" or I"I got totally jewed." Hell, even people who know I'm Jewish have been antisemitic to my face; I once had a VP at my job tell me to my face that "I know Jews control NYC." Its incredibly scary and frustrating, all the more so because Goyisha people dont really seem to care. Sometimes I feel like Jews only matter to people as a pawn in whatever their political machinations are; on the left wing they denounce right wing antisemitism and dont care about the deeply antisemitic ideas that are popular in liberal circles, on the right they scream "Defend Israel" while happily including Nazi's and White Supremacists in their ranks and promoting conspiracies theories, like the Great Replacement theory, that were the exact same sort of thing that led to the Shoah. Hell, I've seen my fair share of antisemitism in this community too. It makes me just want to scream. Can't anybody just think of us as normal people?

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I cant tell you the number of people who dont know Im Jewish who have said to me "He jewed me down" or I"I got totally jewed."
I had this exact same thing happen a couple months ago. I was visiting with a neighbor and their child about 5 doors down when that person's neighbor came out to give the child some collectible cars they found in the attic. First time I met their neighbor. A really nice gesture and I could tell the elderly neighbor with the cars was a sweetheart kind of guy.

We got into a discussion about collectibles and the guy used the "Jewed me" phrase to describe past transactions a couple times. Whenever he used that phrase I looked at the neighbor I was visiting with and could plainly see the discomfort in her eyes. The guy making the "Jewed me" statements was oblivious. At one point, right after he let that phrase come out again I simply looked him in the eye without malice and said I was Jewish. Didn't phase him in the least. He honestly looked like he didn't understand why I mentioned I was Jewish. When the guy left I asked the neighbor about him and his use of the word and she said "He knows I'm half Jewish but he has no idea how offensive his use of that word is". I asked why she hadn't said anything to him in the past and she said because he really is a kind hearted soul and it seriously would hurt his feelings. Weird because I had just done the same thing by not explaining why I told him I was Jewish because I could tell he would be very hurt and was clueless. Having seen the recent anti-Semitism since then I'm more inclined to hurt his feelings in the nicest way possible if it were to happen again.

One more story....I had some folks over for a BBQ awhile back and the topic turned to Israel. I can't remember the context of the conversation but I remember saying "I don't take offense to someone using the word Jewish or Jew or asking me about it unless they add the word "Fucking" before it.

Top Bottom