Vape health risk for stroke survivor

Greenscreen

Hi FC

I have a few friends who have suffered strokes and do not partake in combustion as often due to the associated risks.

However I was wondering if vaping has the same risks as combustion for a stroke survivor?

Obviously edibles is the primary medicinal route but is there any risk with vaping after a stroke?

GoldenBud

Hi FC

I have a few friends who have suffered strokes and do not partake in combustion as often due to the associated risks.

However I was wondering if vaping has the same risks as combustion for a stroke survivor?

Obviously edibles is the primary medicinal route but is there any risk with vaping after a stroke?
Do not take any advice here as 100% right or wrong, THEY NEED TO ASK A DOCTOR OR FEW DOCTORS. and it's not about vaping or edibles, THC mimics the Anadamide in our brain and cause higher levels of dopamine in our synapses in our brain. so.... it has its positives and negatives.
THC comes from vaping (Delta 9 THC) or Hydroxy-11-THC from edibles. AFAIK, both mimics the Anandamide.
the question is if it sets the dopamine in our synpases and the dopamine can't get inside the cells, how it affects the blood streams in our brain? that's a question for a doctor.

Greenscreen

Was more looking for first hand experience of people who had strokes who vape, etc..

I get the feeling it must be less harmful then combustion but who knows?

Greenscreen,

GoldenBud

ofc it's less harmful than smoking... it occurs around temp of 240c maximum while smoking occurs around 500c+... usually...

GoldenBud,

Farid

Don't rely on anecdotes from a biased internet forum. I love this place but we are certainly biased towards vaping being 100% ok.

It's like going on a wine forum and asking if your pregnant wife is OK to have half a glass once a month. Someone might chime in that they did that and their kid was OK, but a medical professional would say otherwise.

Ask your doctors.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
There really is not much data here. Dry herb vapes are very niche, and I doubt there has been much scientific investigation done.

In theory should be better.

GoldenBud

indeed so
we can't tell you if THC is fine for them or if vaporization is fine for them
Doctors can.

GoldenBud,

Greenscreen

Think I worded this wrongly
What I meant was
Any vaporists here who are stroke survivors?

Greenscreen,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
And not just their doctors, their cardiologists. Even a stroke survivor can only, at best, give you one data point.

Agree with @oddjobold though, dry herb vaping is so niche, there aren’t any studies on its harm reduction vs smoking… and because of cannabis’s Schedule I classification, there isn’t enough research, period.

As someone who came to vaporizing specifically for heart reasons, I’m gonna call pluses and minuses.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Also, please remind your friends that HIPAA exists so they can ask their doctors the hard questions without fear.

Compared to “how do I get a cellphone out of my butt?,” getting educated about the risks of vaping the devil’s weed is a snooze.

florduh

You should ask your doctor. But I dunno if you're gonna get a straight answer. It's not like there's a trove of studies on dry herb vaporization only MD's are privy to. They just don't exist.

My guess is the biggest issue would be cannabis can increase your resting heart rate. That can have downstream effects on blood pressure, etc.

Do you have any restrictions on coffee/caffeine? That will mess with your cardiovascular system more than cannabis. If you're allowed to have a moderate amount of coffee, maybe the cardiologist will be fine with a little cannabis.

Top Bottom