Vape for a hospice organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Let me make a suggestion. If you want to use a vape in a hospice, you may want to consider a Volcano for a few reasons.

One, is that they are dependable.
Two, is that in a hospice, you will have patients with varying degrees of disabilities. The two disabilities that would lend credence to the 'Cano is, one, lack of motor dexterity. Secondly, would be a decreased lung function, both of which a vape that used a bag as a delivery system would be much more easy to use.
And third, a volunteer could fill up various bags and pass them around to patients with no worries of broken glass, etc, etc etc.

If I was managing a Hospice and I wanted to get a vape for my patients to use, the Volcano would be the one I would get.

Hi Iwein,

Yes, if there was someone available to pack and operate the Volcano for the patient - it would be a good choice. However, there are patients who will not have someone around all the time. The Volcano is just not as simple to pack and operate versus some of the new portable models - even though it provides one hell of dose of vape. Remember, some of these patients can't get out of bed so the ideal vaporizer will have to be a unit that can be loaded and operated while laying in bed. It needs to be easy to use as well.

Again, I'm just a volunteer and do not represent any organization. I really appreciate the forum members who take the time to reply.

Best!

TheKeeper,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Designing a product such as the cloud takes time, they are in production, it is an incredible product.

Maybe you should have a representive of the organization contact the them...atleast try?

The glass is quality.

Hey Tea,

I'm pretty confident that the vapor enthusiasts producing the Cloud will do it right. I've kicked them a couple of emails just to see if they would reply in a timely manner - they did. The videos demonstrating the Cloud certainly show some quality vapor. My only concern would be the possible difficulty (for a hospice patient) of packing of the small screen insert and dealing with the glass/water on top. I might email them again to see exactly when I can get my hands on one to thoroughly vet it.

Best!

TheKeeper,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think for someone who is in a bed the Cloud has an accident potential that is not very welcoming.

Vitolo has recommended the Vapir NO2 for medicinal patients, and i think it is a good option as well. Easy to use, sturdy in case of a fall and with a digital temperature control, along with a competitive price.

The miniVAP does not have the hot glass stem which can be a problem as well and the air draw is very stiff which could pose a problem from a patient point of view. Other than that i dont know since i don't own one.

vorrange,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Hi vorrange,

I had a conversation in the local tavern last night with a guy who loves his Vapir NO2 so I've been checking out the NO2 vids on the net. I already own the Solo. Can the NO2 do anything that the Solo can't?

TheKeeper,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
You can choose the temperature at intervals of 2-5º instead of 7 preset temperatures and the air draw is more confortable.

Other than that they are about the same. Although the NO2 has a removable battery and the charger allows it to be working while plugged. The Solo only works with the battery and you would have to buy another power source that does not charge while plugged. That is good for the life time of the equipment.

Also, less stuff to buy in the mean time and in the long run.

vorrange,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
No, that has been adressed and dismissed. It was a combination of two situations, a bad batch and people doing a wrong burn in of the unit.

It is recomended that people after they unpack the NO2, charge the unit with the top off, and the temperature off as well. And also, place the hose in hot water, not boiling, for a few minutes.

After that, you are set.

vorrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
thanks for the clarification, I just remember ruling this vape out back in the day, i'll have to revisit the thread and get caught up.

vape4life,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think many people ruled it out since it was an ongoing problem and the previous Vapir products had similar problems and other QC issues.

It is similar to what happened to the Solo, although i believe in the Vapir was worse due to the aforementioned problems, and the fact they did not have a vaporizer has popular has the Extreme to help people have faith in the company.

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom