Vape for a hospice organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
I've had asthma all my life. My grandfather had asthma and my dad had asthma. I have been given every steroid, shot & treatment available since the diagnosis of asthma. I can vaporize once or twice a week and get a wonderful nights sleep - even relief from the TMJ that I've had for 20 years. I have vaped with spectacular results my entire adult life. I am currently volunteering for a hospice organization where we use cannibus with a doctors recommendation and I want to introduce vaping to hospice patients who still roll their own joints. Some patients will experience wonderful results with vaping. I think you forward thinkers know that you can dose with no hacking by vaping. This forum is truly revolutionary - we need to come up the perfect vape and make it affordable to hospice patients.

Best!

TheKeeper

TheKeeper,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
I'm hitting he the Arizer Solo through a small frozen Kush water pipe. Not a bad vape for about $175 US if you make the proper and cheap modifications to the Solo. I think the Canadians might make the perfect, portable & affordable vaporizer soon. Shit someone make this happen as the technology is available.

TheKeeper,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Had a little to much wine again, or are you always like this?

ps: we have edit buttons.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
I think you are going to be disappointed Keep, as there is no perfect vaporizer and never will be. Everyone has a different perfect vaporizer for THEMSELVES. I DO agree with you that the Solo is an awesome vaporizer, and IMO it IS the BEST (<--- I know you LOVE that word) portable vape on the market (for me), and I appreciate your props toward us canucks, but I assume you are referring to Arizer, so maybe you should have said that instead of generalizing our entire nation. But thanks, I think.

The technology is available? Who are you asking to make this happen?

And as for the title of your thread........oh boy. I suggest since you are new around here that you get a better feel for the board and read more before you post.

OTA, the edit button disappears quite rapidly. I've had no choice but to double post for this reason on occasion as well.

vape4life,

weedemon

enthusiast
welcome to FC man, sounds like you have a cool job. and I'm gald to hear that mmj helps you breathe better. :)

you just want something that is going to be effective no matter how you hit it (this removes the learning curve) so with that a bag vape might be a good option. if everyone chips in together too the cost would be really minimal. you could get an oracle or volcano. the cloud has a "just hit me anyway you like" philosophy too so maybe wait for that?

the time before the edit button will disappear on you is 6 hours btw.

weedemon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Actually, TheKeeper I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Its similar to the old saying "Whats the most venomous snake in the world?" Regardless of the answer, there is only one TRUE answer - The one that just bit you.

The same holds true to this thread - Wait... Maybe you are correct in seeing that I am actually POSTING in it.

Nah, that just means that THIS WALL OF TEXT HERE is the most important. (Cause you are reading it now)

Okay folks, nothing so see here. Threads over. AGBeer cleared it up for us and gave us some really neat things to read. :D

(Seriously though) Welcome to the forum. You are in good hands here and have much to learn. The day that you finally 'know it all' and find THE perfect vape will be the day that.... Nevermind, thats not gonna happen thankfully! :)

AGBeer,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Shit someone make this happen as the technology is available.

so, clearly, having the technology available is not the determining factor ... imho the fact that mj is illegal is the show stopper.

and a vape doesn't need to be affordable by the hospice patient, but by the hospice itself, i.e. a short-term loan -- it can be reused just like the beds are reused, eh?

Hippie Dickie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Why would the ilegality of mj be the show stopper? What about legal herbs? Not to mention it is medicinally legal in some places such as Canada and many US states.

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
mj is not legal anywhere ... it is only medically tolerated in 16 states and DC.

it would take venture capital to make vapes really cheap, and they don't fund illegal -- morally reprehensible, perhaps, but not illegal.

Hippie Dickie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Well I can legally hold up to 60g of marijuana anywhere in Canada at one time with my MMAR license. And as far as it being generally illegal....does it really matter when there are a million dealers on craigslist offering all sorts of strains? lol You don't see any coke or heroin pushing on there.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
I never understood those US laws....it makes no sense to me that it's illegal federally (even though it's not for the handful of patients that get prerolled joints from the US government, if any of them are still alive), yet legal (or tolerated whatever) within the state. Regardless, it's different in Canada because we have federal exemptions, not provincial.

vape4life,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I never understood those US laws.....

Join the club :lol: Doubtful we'll ever start making full sense. How can we follow the "rules" when the "rules" being enforced by the City, County, and State Police are different from the Federal law? Can't quite wrap my head around that one. Any time a law enters a grey area, seems we come out losing.

djonkoman

our dutch policy is even weirder, our weed policy is national but still it's actually illegal, but tolerated, but rules about how it's tolerated. but the law saying it's completely illegal still exists
a bit comparable to decriminalized(illdegal without penalty)

djonkoman,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Yes, too much wine + vaping again. I'll get it under control soon but I'm still proud of the post even if I get a little shit.

Medical Marijuana is legal where I live - in Oregon and is pretty well accepted by the general public. There are some hospice patients who choose to medicate with beer + marijuana and I've been told that it works pretty well for them. From my viewpoint - it's a no brainer to introduce hospice patients, who choose to medicate with marijuana, to vaping. Remember those frequent coughing sessions from hitting those nasty joints? Vaping eliminates this and that seems like a pretty big deal in an end of life scenario when it actually hurts to cough. Eating is another option but it doesn't come close to the dosing efficiency of a good vaporizer. A nice vapor rip of some top notch cannabis, through a small water pipe with ice, can be a very pleasant experience.

Morally, I think every hospice organization should be educated on vaping and have a top of the line vaporizer available to patients who choose to medicate with cannabis at the end stage of their life. This particular vape would have to be powerful, portable and user friendly. The "most powerful" and expensive vapes - heat gun, Volcano & Aeromed are a bit too cumbersome for this scenario. I'd like to try the cloud but I'm a bit turned off that the've been teasing us for a couple of years now. The Vriptech and Life Saber might fit the bill - I will probably buy both and report back to you. The Solo is close but needs to provide a more powerful hit coupled with an easier draw. I'm hoping this will come in a future model. I'm open to any advice from this forum.

Best!

TheKeeper,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Your organization should invest in clouds. The quality and value are excellent.

Tea Party,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Hey Tea Party - I'd like to try the Cloud but they're not available. I'm a bit turned off that the company began marketing these 2 years ago and I still can't get one. $450 US for the Cloud and no option to purchase without their glass, this thing better be good. I will probably buy one when they're readily available, but the Cloud isn't an option now.

Hippy - I don't think US hospices will provide vapes to their patients (although I think that would be a great thing) but they should at least be informed enough to make high quality vape recommendations to their patients who choose to medicate with MJ. They should also be able to properly demonstrate any vape that they recommend. I firmly believe that vapes will be covered in the future by medicare and other types of insurance - as they're without a doubt - a healthy way to medicate.

I'm just a volunteer and not a representative of any organization. Everything I say in this forum is my own doing.

Best!

TheKeeper,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Designing a product such as the cloud takes time, they are in production, it is an incredible product.

Maybe you should have a representive of the organization contact the them...atleast try?

The glass is quality.

Tea Party,

lwien

Let me make a suggestion. If you want to use a vape in a hospice, you may want to consider a Volcano for a few reasons.

One, is that they are dependable.
Two, is that in a hospice, you will have patients with varying degrees of disabilities. The two disabilities that would lend credence to the 'Cano is, one, lack of motor dexterity. Secondly, would be a decreased lung function, both of which a vape that used a bag as a delivery system would be much more easy to use.
And third, a volunteer could fill up various bags and pass them around to patients with no worries of broken glass, etc, etc etc.

If I was managing a Hospice and I wanted to get a vape for my patients to use, the Volcano would be the one I would get.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Have you looked at the miniVAP? The price is a bit over the top but it looks like what you are looking for.

Although a bag vape is clearly better for decreased lung function like lwen said.

vorrange,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Have you looked at the miniVAP? The price is a bit over the top but it looks like what you are looking for.

Although a bag vape is clearly better for decreased lung function like lwen said.

I've read everything available online about the miniVAP but I haven't seen any evidence that it will out perform the Solo. Any thoughts? It's my opinion that a bag vape is too cumbersome for a hospice patient who is bedridden.

TheKeeper,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
the small parts of a non bag based vape may be to hard to handle for your patients.

Tea Party,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom