• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vap Hot Box - Dynavap Induction Heater

Vape Cloud City

You will like it. The carbon has really great flavor and cloud production
I appreciate that! I really thought hard at the Want and wanted to get it because of the overwhelming praise I see but something about the carbon II and being able to adjust it really spoke to me, plus there's less stuff to lose haha

I'm sure I'll end up with a wand someday though, we always end up getting everything in this hobby anyway.

Cannabliss*420

I appreciate that! I really thought hard at the Want and wanted to get it because of the overwhelming praise I see but something about the carbon II and being able to adjust it really spoke to me, plus there's less stuff to lose haha

I'm sure I'll end up with a wand someday though, we always end up getting everything in this hobby anyway.
For real 😆

Slartibarfast

Just placed an order for their 420 special black/purple carbon II. I noticed there was an option for a UV led that isn't on the normal listings so I had to see what that is all about. Excited to get it in 5 to 7 weeks. :)
I just ordered the same purple/black carbon II special but with rgb. Now is the bit where one practices patience. You must be feeling that it is close eh!

Slartibarfast,

Vape Cloud City

Just got mine on Friday from the 420 sales and it's fantastic. Quality is unbelievable on this thing and I'm having some fun trying to dial in the glass. As weird as it sounds, it's hard to get used to stopping at the click haha.....after having an Apollo II for a couple years I'm conditioned to go quite a few seconds past. I'll post some pics soon once it's dark and I can take some good ones.

It was turned on when I unboxed it, but thankfully the actual switch to activate it wasn't pressed. I still charged it to 100% when I unboxed it, but is the wall charger supposed to get hot while charging? I've never experienced this much heat from one before and just wanted to be sure before I used it again.

Slartibarfast

I just got my Carbon II today from the recent 420 sales, was late ordering but a bit of patience and arrived like clockwork. Really really nice unit! Steve tuned it already for a long heat up with the glass level. After an initial full charge which seemed to take between 5 and 6 hours before turning green, she was ready. The very first heat n draw gave nice vapour and lovely clouds thereafter. I love the changing LCD lights and the really nice even heating of the herb. It looks even better in the hand than in a pic! Quality. Really sharp, solid, well built but easy to fit into a jacket pocket if need be too, altho I only see myself using it mainly around the house and the odd fishing excursion. So pleased to have it. A happy kiwi today! :rockon::love::leaf:

Vape Cloud City

I just got my Carbon II today from the recent 420 sales, was late ordering but a bit of patience and arrived like clockwork. Really really nice unit! Steve tuned it already for a long heat up with the glass level. After an initial full charge which seemed to take between 5 and 6 hours before turning green, she was ready. The very first heat n draw gave nice vapour and lovely clouds thereafter. I love the changing LCD lights and the really nice even heating of the herb. It looks even better in the hand than in a pic! Quality. Really sharp, solid, well built but easy to fit into a jacket pocket if need be too, altho I only see myself using it mainly around the house and the odd fishing excursion. So pleased to have it. A happy kiwi today! :rockon::love::leaf:
I really almost sprung for that RBG just so I could watch the color change!

Slartibarfast

Can anyone make a comparison between the Carbon II and the plug-in Mini (not the portable Carbon mini)?

I am rapt with the Carbon II and I am now thinking of getting a plug-in as well (only the mini plugs in, right?). That way I can just use the plug-in in the garage and the Carbon II for walkabouts or fishing or whatever. Given that ultimately the Carbon II's batteries will run down, it makes some sense to get a 2nd VHB unit that plugs in, I am really happy with the Carbon II and I wondering if the plug-in mini should be able to also give the same long slow heat up as my Carbon II does with it's glass level? Cheers all.

Slartibarfast,

Riik

Can anyone make a comparison between the Carbon II and the plug-in Mini (not the portable Carbon mini)?

I am rapt with the Carbon II and I am now thinking of getting a plug-in as well (only the mini plugs in, right?). That way I can just use the plug-in in the garage and the Carbon II for walkabouts or fishing or whatever. Given that ultimately the Carbon II's batteries will run down, it makes some sense to get a 2nd VHB unit that plugs in, I am really happy with the Carbon II and I wondering if the plug-in mini should be able to also give the same long slow heat up as my Carbon II does with it's glass level? Cheers all.
I use to have a plug-in and a portable IHs, after few months the plug-in had zero use. I end up giving the wired one to a friend and I am happy with the portable one and fast charging power bank -you can vape whilst charging or just a 5min charge will see you through. When 'fishing' I always take a gas lighter just in case...

Vape Cloud City

How are you finding the UV option, what sort of effect does that create?
It looks cool but it really just looks like a purple LED haha. It doesn't throw enough light to effect anything around it unfortunately but it's still cool knowing it's UV.

I don't have the best pictures but here are a couple to help show you what it looks like.

Slartibarfast

I use to have a plug-in and a portable IHs, after few months the plug-in had zero use. I end up giving the wired one to a friend and I am happy with the portable one and fast charging power bank -you can vape whilst charging or just a 5min charge will see you through. When 'fishing' I always take a gas lighter just in case...
Thanks Riik, that makes sense. I really like the portability of the VHB Carbon II, but I'm mindful that eventually I'll most likely have to send it back to the US for new batteries and since I mostly vape in the garage, buying a plug-in version (the VHB Mini) if it works just as well as the Carbon II then it would be ideal, then having 2 units I'd always have a back up if one was ever out of action. Torches have been too inconsistent for me to ever want to use them again.

Slartibarfast,

Slartibarfast

It looks cool but it really just looks like a purple LED haha. It doesn't throw enough light to effect anything around it unfortunately but it's still cool knowing it's UV.

I don't have the best pictures but here are a couple to help show you what it looks like.
Cheers, As I mentioned above, I am considering getting the VHB Mini (plug-in), it doesn't seem to come with an RGB LED option, but the purple LED would probably be my next choice.

I have been experimenting with using my Simrell Vortex with the VHB carbon II, either 3 heatings to double clicks where the vapcap is removed upon the second click, or only heating it twice but doing so for an extra second or two past the second click. Either seems to work well, but for more 'cleaner' vapour I probably prefer heating a cap 3 times before tossing the ABV rather than heating it more aggressively for just 2 times, but there's not a lot in it.

Last edited:

Vape Cloud City

Cheers, As I mentioned above, I am considering getting the VHB Mini (plug-in), it doesn't seem to come with an RGB LED option, but the purple LED would probably be my next choice.

I have been experimenting with using my Simrell Vortex with the VHB carbon II, either 3 heatings to double clicks where the vapcap is removed upon the second click, or only heating it twice but doing so for an extra second or two past the second click. Either seems to work well, but for more 'cleaner' vapour I probably prefer heating a cap 3 times before tossing the ABV rather than heating it more aggressively for just 2 times, but there's not a lot in it.
As I've been experimenting with the height of the glass and I've started to also find that 3 heatings work best for me as well. Sometimes my 3rd round will be a little too much, but that's rare and only when I've not been paying attention and let it go past the click too long.

If you're looking for the purple LED I bet it will look really good if it look anything like the UV.

Slartibarfast

I would send them an email and see if they can. The RGB is the best to me because I know exactly when it is going to click by the color coming up so I can start my inhale a little early and get a big hit.
I have found in practice, that as the batteries run down the heating takes slightly longer and the RGB goes further into the colour sequence. Initially I was thinking that deep indigo was the 'colour' of the second click. But as the batteries ran down it surprised me and from a cold start went further to a really pretty purple colour, and then just before I needed to recharge the batteries, the RGB cycled all the way back to the red colour. I guess with a plug-in mains powered Mini, that the click would probably happen on the same colour except for different ambient temperature influences on the heating. It is currently Winter where I am and I guess that in Summer the unit would be starting from a warmer temperature and probably therefore need less heating to click.

Slartibarfast,
Reactions: chary-ka

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I've been posting about their upcoming product in the Anvil thread, but it's compatible with DV as well.

Anyway here it is, also revealing a stem they been working on

26220-BE3-ABF6-4-EE5-93-EB-1212-A59-F42-A1.png

TonyGazelle

I ordered an anvil heater from VHB that requires me to source my own power supply.

This is the product.

It requires a...
power supply specs- 12v 8amp 5.5mm x 2.5mm

I found this... Will it work?

I've reached out to VHB but haven't heard back and want to have one ready when my heater arrives.

If this isn't good can someone help me find one that will be good to use?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@TonyGazelle - That one should work. They messed up something in the texts as it references 5.5 x 2.1 and 5.5 x 2.5 connectors. Fortunately, most of those connectors are now compatible with both power connector styles. If it ends not working, you may need an adapter, but I doubt that will be necessary.

Top Bottom