Vap Hot Box - Dynavap Induction Heater

Has anybody figured out how to get the vhb carbon to click around 10 secs? All my adjustments are only between 4-6 secs
Right out of box my Carbon was clicking 4 to 6 seconds and felt the need to go past click. What I had to do to get clicks around 8 to 10 seconds is cut off about 1/8" of cork off from the inside portion of tapered end. So that the end of cap isn't sitting in the hot spot and sits lower on the coil and now it heats way better and super even

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I wish he never messed with the heating profile
i liked the slower heat up of the original vaphotbox.
still waiting for my carbon to touch down though. Who knows I might love it.

thunderstealer1337

Right out of box my Carbon was clicking 4 to 6 seconds and felt the need to go past click. What I had to do to get clicks around 8 to 10 seconds is cut off about 1/8" of cork off from the inside portion of tapered end. So that the end of cap isn't sitting in the hot spot and sits lower on the coil and now it heats way better and super even
Can you take pics, I cut off like 80% of the cork (way more then yours) and it's heating at like 6-8 secs now

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: whatitdew

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
So I received my Carbon, I didn’t really understand the instructions online as for what’s hotter or lighter with the tuning. Started putting the cork pads on the bottom pushing up the cork. Realized I was doing it backwards.
Heater clicks my Ti way too fast for me stock.
I did what @MARKROBINSON4723 did, popped out the cork and cut an 8th off. Now it seems similar to my caldron. Still fires a bit fast. maybe 6 sec. So I go a second past the click.
still experimenting For now. I don’t think I’m a fan of having the bottom open with just the cork. The whole unit is made so nice and robust, but then a hole in the bottom? Might not bother me after more use though.
the firing button is way nicer,
my OG VHB it has issues with the button sticking now, kind of annoying.

Drug

I really want to try mine, but it has been with USPS with nov 9th and seemingly is sitting idle since 14th 🙁

thunderstealer1337

so the cut through is setup so you can use the piece natively upside down without having to flip the unit over like in a waterpipe, I couldnt get a 10+ sec heatup with the unit being used upside down - without flipping, I set it to heatup 14 secs now and its nice, but I have to use it and flip the entire unit upside down to use it on a wpa.

thunderstealer1337,

roudhound123

Anyone get a defective VHB Carbon? I ordered one a few weeks ago and got one that doesn't turn on AT ALL after charging for a few hours. The only sign of life is a green light flashing for a split second when I plug it into the charger. Tried a dif charger the guy sent me but no dice. Getting a new one built and shipped out to me by the end of this week. If this one also doesn't work I'm taking the refund and going for the portside mini

thunderstealer1337

Anyone get a defective VHB Carbon? I ordered one a few weeks ago and got one that doesn't turn on AT ALL after charging for a few hours. The only sign of life is a green light flashing for a split second when I plug it into the charger. Tried a dif charger the guy sent me but no dice. Getting a new one built and shipped out to me by the end of this week. If this one also doesn't work I'm taking the refund and going for the portside mini
Interesting, the maker previously posted up he tests each one 3x before shipment, the last problem he had was linked to a bad charger

thunderstealer1337,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Mines working really good now. I haven’t changed it since I cut of the 1/8” of the cork. I realized one of my Dynavap caps was clicking a bit late and that was part of my issue at first.
Still don’t think I need the cut through bottom for water hits. It would be nice if that was an option or not for when built. But all I all so far I am happy. Glad I never tried the Dynavap ones so far with all the issues they seem to happen.
@roudhound123 i have an old PortsideMini, it’s nice but the battery isn’t big enough for me. I hate having to charge every day. I gave it to my friend and he has been loving it.

whatitdew,

Drug

My Carbon came in last week. I prefer it over my Dynacup. The adjustable position really helps. I didn't fuck with the cork yet, but at with the heating chamber its lowest point it seems to be perfect for me. It's nice to be able to trust the click, which my dynacup didn't allow. And it gives me a fuller extraction and bigger hits. Easy to use, semi portable given its shape and size, and from what I've read a full battery charge lasts long. It was well worth the wait.

DHV8654

My Carbon came in last week. I prefer it over my Dynacup. The adjustable position really helps. I didn't fuck with the cork yet, but at with the heating chamber its lowest point it seems to be perfect for me. It's nice to be able to trust the click, which my dynacup didn't allow. And it gives me a fuller extraction and bigger hits. Easy to use, semi portable given its shape and size, and from what I've read a full battery charge lasts long. It was well worth the wait.
In my opinion I get more even extraction with the Carbon when using 2019 SS Phantom tip.

roudhound123

Got my replacement VHB Carbon in today. Charging rn but everything seems ok. Can't wait to try this thing out. How long does it take to click without any mods?

roudhound123,

DHV8654

Been using this thing for 6 days and wow is it a game changer. So glad I switched from the Orion
Its my coffee table heater, I charge it once a week or when the clicks start taking longer. I charge it with a 2 amp charger, only takes a little over an hour. I haven't really adjusted the heating chamber, I just use it pushed down flush with the top. If it gets too hot with ti (not often) I will just make it flush with the bottom or pushed up.

StillBiggerThanYou

I got mine a right before the new year, and it has already replaced all my other heaters as my daily driver.

I generally load 3 Ti caps; the first two for the course of the day, generally a hybrid or straight sativa. the last and final bowl is always straight indica for my nightcap.

I've cut a tiny slice off the cork so that I can respect the click, and the vape is nice and thick and I don't have to think about it, second guess it, or count after the click. granted none of these things are a big deal, but peace of mind is always good. which is really the thing I'm after here, having various other heaters. I like that I can just drop in my cap, hit the button, and wait for the click and we're good to go; no little nuances or technique or ritual to perform.

I realize that this is a different experience for everybody, and some even like the little habits created around using their respective heating methods. but, for me, this ones the winner. 10/10, would recommend.

for the sake of full disclosure, I also have a Caldron, a VHB, a DynaCup, and now my favorite the Carbon.

Newcastle

Stoned!
Follow up as this thread is slow..😢 Still like it a lot and the tube is back to normal.....not sure why it was loose....I will continue this experiment as hard as I can. 😂🤣😎

Newcastle

Stoned!
HUGE SHOUT OUT TO VHB! My wife dropped our carbon fiber on the ground and it quit working. Wife is not known for her grace. 🤣😂 VHB sent me a return shipping label and I just got it back. I think its a new unit! 🥰🤗 There is a rubber stopper now instead of the cork. Is this a new upgrade? Can't wait to get it charged up!

Newcastle,
Reactions: DHV8654

masonjars

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO VHB! My wife dropped our carbon fiber on the ground and it quit working. Wife is not known for her grace. 🤣😂 VHB sent me a return shipping label and I just got it back. I think its a new unit! 🥰🤗 There is a rubber stopper now instead of the cork. Is this a new upgrade? Can't wait to get it charged up!
I think so.. I received my carbon last week and also came with a rubber plug and cork inserts.

Top Bottom