• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vap Hot Box - Dynavap Induction Heater

DHV8654

Have had my VHB Carbon v1 since preorder. At first I didn’t have the adjustable chamber figured out enough to dial it in. Well I believe I have it figured out now for my tastes. I have other IHs some way more expensive but the carbon is a rock with great battery life.
I would prefer if it didn’t have to push the button to start heating but it keeps my attention, less combustion mistakes.

Datoneguy

Know it hasn't been out long and people probably just go the mini (maybe lol), but can anyone compare the normal carbon to the mini if they have both? Maybe a side by side to see size difference or something.

On fence for which one to get. Was leaning blue or purple carbon but only green available atm (which also looks cool to be fair).

One more inquiry, the rbg light on the carbon, does it restart from the same color and do the same color cycle every time or does it show new colors each time you heat up? Kind of like the concept but also can't tell if it will just annoy me and be distracting lol.

Regardless, seems like they make some pretty damn cool Induction Heaters.

Datoneguy,
Reactions: DHV8654

StillBiggerThanYou

How do you rate it compared to the rest? Is the battery user replaceable?

How have you liked it?

So put in some time with the new kid, and I got some impressions.

First question- how do I rate it compared to the rest?

I don't.

What I mean is, all of these get used for different things, so I don't really compare them against each other. Here's why:
The dynacup has stealth and a pair of 18650s going for it. I've taken this thing to my kids soccer practice, and never got a weird look. At worst it looks like I'm sucking Starbucks out of a metal straw. We also use an ArGo as a session vape, and since it uses the same batteries, they make a great pair to travel with because it's only one charger and 4 batteries we rotate. Always ready to go, and doesn't draw attention.

The OG VHB is my wife's weapon of choice. It doesn't really leave the house, but it goes all over with her. Watching TV on the couch, the garage, the yard, the kitchen, it's always close by and the battery life is fantastic and it's a great size.

The VHB Carbon is my favorite for around the home, too. Same as with hers, it goes in the garage with me, out in the yard, watching sports, and the battery life on it is an absolute MONSTER. I've got it tuned to where I can respect the click and not even have to think about it. This thing is the reason I stopped using my Caldron. Not that the Caldron is bad; it's not. It's just mains powered, and I hate having to unplug it, take it somewhere else, plug in, etc. It wasn't a big deal at first, but after having the Carbon for a few weeks, I took the Caldron to my workspace, plugged it in on the bench under the shop light, and that's where it lives now. The Carbon is just more convenient, and the tuning means I don't have to worry about anything when clicking.

The one that is most similar in size and use is the Flite. Both of these have considerably shorter battery life, and are also much smaller in size. As a result, these are the ones that are being selected when we're going out and about, and size/portability is the most important quality we need. So if we go for a hike in the woods, a day at the beach, some sort of social function, maybe an overnight.... these are the ones we're grabbing. Because all you need is one of the little guys, and your stash with the dynavap and you're all set. They're both consistent, tunable, and are really convenient at what they do. You just won't be able to go for long without having to charge them again. To that end, while the fit and finish of the Flite is amazing, I also appreciate the lighter weight and the convenience of the USB C charging on the VHB. It means I don't have to pack a proprietary charger if it does go somewhere with me for more than a day or two, and I can just use my phone charger.

As far as the battery being user replaceable; I don't know. I've not attempted to open any of the VHB units, as I've no need or desire to. Doesn't seem difficult, as there's 4 small Phillips head screws on the boxes keeping them shut. Might want to send the maker a note to ask about that. He's very friendly, and seems to know his stuff.

Having said all that; I find the VHB to be every bit as good an IH as the Flite is at the job. I don't think I'd pick one over the other, but I would definitely require at least one of them in my collection, for the specific advantage of portability and light use.

For other jobs, there's the other IHs.

TL;DR:
It's excellent and offering VHB Carbon performance in a Flite sized package, but with much reduced clicks due to battery size. Might not be best at Daily Driver Duties depending on your usage. Light users might never know the difference and it could check all the boxes for you if that's you.

b0

Cloudy...
So put in some time with the new kid, and I got some impressions.

First question- how do I rate it compared to the rest?

I don't.

What I mean is, all of these get used for different things, so I don't really compare them against each other. Here's why:
The dynacup has stealth and a pair of 18650s going for it. I've taken this thing to my kids soccer practice, and never got a weird look. At worst it looks like I'm sucking Starbucks out of a metal straw. We also use an ArGo as a session vape, and since it uses the same batteries, they make a great pair to travel with because it's only one charger and 4 batteries we rotate. Always ready to go, and doesn't draw attention.

The OG VHB is my wife's weapon of choice. It doesn't really leave the house, but it goes all over with her. Watching TV on the couch, the garage, the yard, the kitchen, it's always close by and the battery life is fantastic and it's a great size.

The VHB Carbon is my favorite for around the home, too. Same as with hers, it goes in the garage with me, out in the yard, watching sports, and the battery life on it is an absolute MONSTER. I've got it tuned to where I can respect the click and not even have to think about it. This thing is the reason I stopped using my Caldron. Not that the Caldron is bad; it's not. It's just mains powered, and I hate having to unplug it, take it somewhere else, plug in, etc. It wasn't a big deal at first, but after having the Carbon for a few weeks, I took the Caldron to my workspace, plugged it in on the bench under the shop light, and that's where it lives now. The Carbon is just more convenient, and the tuning means I don't have to worry about anything when clicking.

The one that is most similar in size and use is the Flite. Both of these have considerably shorter battery life, and are also much smaller in size. As a result, these are the ones that are being selected when we're going out and about, and size/portability is the most important quality we need. So if we go for a hike in the woods, a day at the beach, some sort of social function, maybe an overnight.... these are the ones we're grabbing. Because all you need is one of the little guys, and your stash with the dynavap and you're all set. They're both consistent, tunable, and are really convenient at what they do. You just won't be able to go for long without having to charge them again. To that end, while the fit and finish of the Flite is amazing, I also appreciate the lighter weight and the convenience of the USB C charging on the VHB. It means I don't have to pack a proprietary charger if it does go somewhere with me for more than a day or two, and I can just use my phone charger.

As far as the battery being user replaceable; I don't know. I've not attempted to open any of the VHB units, as I've no need or desire to. Doesn't seem difficult, as there's 4 small Phillips head screws on the boxes keeping them shut. Might want to send the maker a note to ask about that. He's very friendly, and seems to know his stuff.

Having said all that; I find the VHB to be every bit as good an IH as the Flite is at the job. I don't think I'd pick one over the other, but I would definitely require at least one of them in my collection, for the specific advantage of portability and light use.

For other jobs, there's the other IHs.

TL;DR:
It's excellent and offering VHB Carbon performance in a Flite sized package, but with much reduced clicks due to battery size. Might not be best at Daily Driver Duties depending on your usage. Light users might never know the difference and it could check all the boxes for you if that's you.

Thanks a lot for this extensive review!! Just sent an email to the maker to ask about the battery, more than anything is that I would like to avoid having to send it back overseas if there are any issues with the battery, my country has become crazy with tax. Last week I had to pay 10€ for a 20€ order, like wtf 50% in taxes? So I have to try to order everything inside the EU if I don't want to be massively taxed.

But deffo interested in one of these now that the Flix ain't available no more. These devices look proper quality, much better than my UFO for sure. Just curious, how many clicks do you get per charge?

b0,

StillBiggerThanYou

I haven't actually counted, but I'd guess around 15-20 bowls. At about 3 clicks a bowl, that's somewhere between 45-60 clicks if I had to guess.

It starts to take a little longer after that, at which point i just charge it up.

StillBiggerThanYou,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
Anyone knows any way to contact this company? Send them an email and 2 weeks later still no answer at all. Glad I send it before buying, nothing worse than an unresponsive CS.

StillBiggerThanYou

That's odd, and also hasn't been my experience with him at all.

I've only contacted him via Instagram and email via his website, and both times have had very quick responses.

maybe try again?

jabba

Carbon mini arrived last week. I shouldn't have waited so long to buy an IH. This thing is perfect for me and I'm loving it. Took awhile to receive after ordering but worth it. Nice pro build. Works like a champ and better than my imagination had suspected.

jabba

Wanted to know if the batteries are user replacement easy before buying one
VHB batteries are not intended to be user replaceable. VHB offers free one-time battery replacement per their website.
Some technically adventurous individuals may be able to open one up and discern how to replace the battery, but VHB did not build with the intention of user battery replacement

FROMTHE6IX

VHB batteries are not intended to be user replaceable. VHB offers free one-time battery replacement per their website.
Some technically adventurous individuals may be able to open one up and discern how to replace the battery, but VHB did not build with the intention of user battery replacement
Ahh so eventually the battery will die and that's pretty much it right

FROMTHE6IX,

FROMTHE6IX

So thinking of getting the wand instead if I can't buy or replace batteries on the vhb, due to having it forever I guess

FROMTHE6IX,

Vape Cloud City

Just placed an order for their 420 special black/purple carbon II. I noticed there was an option for a UV led that isn't on the normal listings so I had to see what that is all about. Excited to get it in 5 to 7 weeks. :)

Vape Cloud City,
Reactions: DHV8654

Cannabliss*420

Vaphotbox heaters are really good but wand is really great buy bc of shape and it being a multi use device. If I could only have only one I would choose the wand bc it heat dynavap just as good and is a really good dabbing device. Removable batteries, USB -C
I can keep going on.
Vgoodiez.com is having 25% off code right now on all ispire products
Code is 420VGEZ25%

Top Bottom