Discontinued Utopia Desktop Herbal & Oil Vaporizer

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
It was an interesting concept but nothing I tried was close to production ready. Really large unit required lot of energy to heat a large mass.Hard to control the heat with the control scheme that I was sent. Needed a feedback loop to approach VapeXhale or Volcano levels of heat control.

I have some ideas on a simpler approach with smaller heater to do a similar thing with a folded, heated glass pathway but no way to try anything out. G spent a lot on custom glassware design to move the project forwards and I certainly don't have that budget.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It was an interesting concept but nothing I tried was close to production ready. Really large unit required lot of energy to heat a large mass.Hard to control the heat with the control scheme that I was sent. Needed a feedback loop to approach VapeXhale or Volcano levels of heat control.

I have some ideas on a simpler approach with smaller heater to do a similar thing with a folded, heated glass pathway but no way to try anything out. G spent a lot on custom glassware design to move the project forwards and I certainly don't have that budget.
I like the VAPE you had sent to my house.
Why are they different than 510 tread?

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I like the VAPE you had sent to my house.
Why are they different than 510 tread?
The 601 threading that W9Tech used was a holdover from the beginning days of the vaporizer industry. UP Tech got established before 510 was normalized across vaporizers. In designing their first products, their engineer selected 601 as it has a bit beefier thread than 510. UP Tech sold a variety of devices that were larger and heavier than the average 510 threaded clearomizers, cartomizers and early vape carts and tanks in that 2012-2016 era of vaporizing. The Hercules cart, especially with Nibbler XL was a beefy monster.

As the years went by and 510 based e-cigarettes quickly dominated the market, 601 got less and less popular and eventually UP Tech made the dual thread "8" mechanical mod and then moved their Omicron lineup to 510. The Persei was never released in a 510 threading, it was only ever designed to work with its own 601 threaded carts and components.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The 610 threading that W9Tech used was a holdover from the beginning days of the vaporizer industry. UP Tech got established before 510 was normalized across vaporizers. In designing their first products, they selected 610 as it has a bit beefier thread than 510. UP Tech sold a variety of devices that were larger and heavier than the average 510 threaded clearomizers, cartomizers and early vape carts and tanks in that 2012-2016 era of vaporizing. The Hercules cart, especially with Nibbler XL was a beefy monster.

As the years went by and 510 based e-cigarettes quickly dominated the market, 601 got less and less popular and eventually UP Tech made the dual thread "8" mechanical mod and then moved their Omicron lineup to 510. The Persei was never released in a 510 threading, it was only ever designed to work with its own 601 threaded carts and components.
Thank you for your assessment!

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Do people still use UPTech / W9 vaporizers? I see a few replacement parts sold by our sister site https://www.vaporwarehouse.com/products/w2-tech with at least one Nibbler in stock. I think it's hilarious that people are now finally learning how to pronounce or mispronounce "Omicron."

Attachments

• up-tech-nibbler-x-globe.jpg
    up-tech-nibbler-x-globe.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4
vaporbrothers,
Top Bottom