(zombie) Woof.
What's the opposite of hype?
51QtZl2SCmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Downplay...?!

Bologna,
  • Haha
Reactions: Jill NYC

seki

This is going to be the most disappointing vape announcement of all time. People expecting innovation are displaying signs of insanity. I have my popcorn ready
I think people are just excited because technically, this is S&B's first real new device since the original Mighty and Crafty launched in late 2014. I know there have been the + units and the Volcano Hybrid since then, but those feel more like iterative "1.5" type releases mainly due to similarity in form and function to their predecessors. With the obviously different form factor, this one seems like something all-new and given the nearly 10 year span since the originals, I don't think the expectation of some innovation relative to their previous models is unreasonable.

S&B's vapes seem to be designed with consistency and ease to use at the forefront mainly due to being aimed squarely at the mainstream cannabis market. I'd say there are likely going to be design choices they make that won't necessarily jive with some enthusiast sensibilities, but I think it'll still be a solid device as there's evidence that it's been prototyped and in testing for well over a year, maybe even longer given some insights we had into the company through publicly disclosed earnings calls from their parent company back in 2019. They mentioned 15 new vape SKUs due to launch in the call, but I assume Covid changed a lot of those plans.

99944nt

What makes you think that? So far all evidence that I have seen points to an updated Crafty. Did they release more details?
seemed like it will be smaller in the TM size and mentioned a boost mode so i thought it would offer a quicker extraction like TM

99944nt,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
With the mild hype around it, I expect some innovation, but not a revolution.
And it will look (disappointingly so, for some) like an S&B product; that is what they do; just look at everything since the Volcano.

Finessseee

With the mild hype around it, I expect some innovation, but not a revolution.
And it will look (disappointingly so, for some) like an S&B product; that is what they do; just look at everything since the Volcano.
It’s most likely just a more compact Mighty that’s potentially easier to clean. That’s my guess lol

Vape_Or_Die420

Knowing them it will be available to buy and ship right away.

It looks like it might have the profile more like a v3pro, less wide than the Mighty and Crafty

I’m betting price will be $479

I remember 10 years ago buying the Mighty at release, got sn# 715. Can’t believe it’s been that long.

Last edited:

Adobewan

I was hoping it was a single circular tube(not sure why), like one side of a Mighty or the chamber side of the Crafty, but it looks like it may be closer to the XMax Starry, flatter, or elliptical.
...I’m betting price will be $479
Wow, $479! Does it come with an ounce?
Is there something about this vape I'm missing that would command such a high ticket?

Vape_Or_Die420

I was hoping it was a single circular tube(not sure why), like one side of a Mighty or the chamber side of the Crafty, but it looks like it may be closer to the XMax Starry, flatter, or elliptical.

Wow, $479! Does it come with an ounce?
Is there something about this vape I'm missing that would command such a high ticket?
It’s new tech from S&B, it ain’t gonna be cheaper than the Mighty, my speculation. Also, don’t be surprised if it’s more! 😂

I paid $479 for my original Mighty in 2014 and $575 for my Volcano in 2008.

Adobewan

It’s new tech from S&B, it ain’t gonna be cheaper than the Mighty, my speculation. Also, don’t be surprised if it’s more! 😂

I paid $479 for my original Mighty in 2014 and $575 for my Volcano in 2008.
You may be right although, and I may be reading it wrong, it seems smaller than the Mighty and the Crafty, and the Crafty was smaller than the Mighty and was less expensive than the Mighty.
With vapes like the Tinymight, the ALP, and the Angus, I'm curious what S&B will be offering that will justify nearly $500.

ruint

You may be right although, and I may be reading it wrong, it seems smaller than the Mighty and the Crafty, and the Crafty was smaller than the Mighty and was less expensive than the Mighty.
With vapes like the Tinymight, the ALP, and the Angus, I'm curious what S&B will be offering that will justify nearly $500.
doesn't look anything like the canopy growth patent.
My current best bet is a technology transfer from the volcano hybrid
venty = venti = 20 = 20 second heatup on demand vape :)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Where’d you get the pics from @Grass Yes ? I can’t disagree on the looks, but there is no doubt it is in the S&B family.
Are those square screens? That’s kinda cool.

I think a new thread should be started, since this thread has been silly speculation, nothing helpful for future users.

Top Bottom