United Machining Stainless Steel Grinder

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Super fast shipping - arrived today. Grinder was very clean and packaged well in non-descript packaging. It is heavy - which I like, but @arb better start liftin weights if he gets a 6 inch version! Gave it a hot soapy bath and let it dry. Initial impressions are great so far - but I'll need to spend some time with it. This is my first threadless grinder and I was initially fighting the magnets that grip the bottom until I realized they come apart much easier with a slight twist. Thanks again @UnitedMike.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Super fast shipping - arrived today. Grinder was very clean and packaged well in non-descript packaging. It is heavy - which I like, but @arb better start liftin weights if he gets a 6 inch version! Gave it a hot soapy bath and let it dry. Initial impressions are great so far - but I'll need to spend some time with it. This is my first threadless grinder and I was initially fighting the magnets that grip the bottom until I realized they come apart much easier with a slight twist. Thanks again @UnitedMike.
How are you liking your grinder?

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Unfortunately I dont use it very much. I love the threadless bottom, but the teeth in the top are large making it difficult to load and turn. It's also a little too small for me.

Manity

Well I've had mine for a bit and these are my observations.

Quality is unreal. Very very heavy for such a small grinder. If you've never held a stainless steel unit before this has weight. Zero threads which is welcomed. The quality, fit and finish is the best I've seen on a grinder to date.

This thing is a piece of art. "To earth make tiny changes" I believe is the hidden Morse code message on the rim.

The grinder is small. Personally I wish it was bigger, 2 inch would be perfect. You need to break down large bud to fit as the design on the teeth make the grind fine but works well and zero clumps.

This unit does get gumed up with use, just like other none coated grinders unfortunately. Can also be hard to turn at times with sticky bud because of the small size paired with the no thread design. I'd recommend using grinder grease or lube as it vastly improves the functionality of this great grinder. Cleaning is easy with ISO. Haven't cleaned it in the dishwasher but I can't see it being an issue as this is 316 Stainless.

Quality 10/10
Fit and Finish 10/10
Function 7/10
Practicality 8/10

This unit won't be my daily driver but I play with it almost daily... As weird as that sounds haha the quality and feel in the hand is UNREAL. If the unit was a bit bigger this unit would be a homerun. With added weight it would be heavy and more expensive as this is 316 stainless steel but I'd buy!

Keep up the great work UnitedMike aka Dylan Polseno! I'll buy a bigger size if you ever go that route.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
We have discreet packaging, I'll label it organic pears or something to help ya out.

Cheers!
I have a cart with 3 items in it.... Do you have a 420 discount code? I tried the STNENGR20 code but it has expired... :)

Silat,
Reactions: arb

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
This grinder popped in my radar briefly but I apparently never got into this thread.
I'm interested! I'm done using aluminum grinders and I've long dreamed of losing the stupid threading. I have one of the "titanium"space cases and it's the epitome of what I want to avoid in a grinder. I hate it so much.
Its too bad there not more action here in this thread

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I am also very interested in this, looks very well made and I like some of the touches that went into the design like the morse code message. It will be interesting to see what the march 2020 update is, maybe something to address the small size which seems to be the main complaint?

Manity

I just want to say I've been using this SS grinder as my daily driver for the past year. Even after I got my BCG this unit won out. Love it's quality and weight. I never forget it while it's on my lap lol. I hope his new one will be a bit larger but besides that it's great.

SquirrelMaster

So this thread DO exist! I was usingthe forum’s search for “unitedmachining” but didn’t get this thread. Thx @SquirrelMaster for the search tip.

Any updates regarding the re-opening / re-stocking? Website mentioned beginning of august
Thanks for tagging me, I didn't know it existed either :lol:.

Nothing concrete yet for dates according to a recent Insta comment. They had an unexpected move which pushed things back a bit. They'll start as a preorder if I understand correctly with hopefully little lead time before they ship. The teaser pics look good, I'll be watching.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Cool to see some interest in this grinder again! Just waiting for it to become available. Hopefully its soon as this does look like a mean little grinder!

SquirrelMaster

UPDATE from website

“Tentative Pre-Order date is 9/28/20. We will then be shipping them out as we assemble. There will be a one week Pre-Order sale price of $115.“
I'm waiting on the info they gave over Instagram that sounds like the grind will be adjustable. The description on the site still mentions a fine grind. That's a great pre-sale price and if it's not a strict fine grind I'll be hard pressed to not pre-order one. I don't have a regular size SS grinder, so that's a hold in my grinder line up right? :lol:

Edit: The United Machining Grinder is SS316 if anyone is wondering, I don't remember seeing that recently.

Top Bottom