• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

djonkoman

how about leaving it on during the day but off during the night?
that's how I currently do it with my pd, if I wake up I turn it on and by the time I'm fully awake and have eaten my breakfast it's ready, then I leave it on all day untill I go to sleep
unless I go somewhere, if I leave the house for a longer time/distance I also turn it off(this is my vacation shedule btw, regular workweeks it sometimes is turned on when I get home in the afternoon but also sometimes it stays off untill the evening)
at night it's often one continious sesh

lwien

Being that Underdog offers to sell a variable power supply to be used with his vape, I think it's wise to suggest to not leave his units on 24/7, if anything, just for the possible liability issues that could arise from accidentally leaving this type of vape on at a high voltage, eh?

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
djonkoman said:
how about leaving it on during the day but off during the night?
that's how I currently do it with my pd, if I wake up I turn it on and by the time I'm fully awake and have eaten my breakfast it's ready, then I leave it on all day untill I go to sleep
unless I go somewhere, if I leave the house for a longer time/distance I also turn it off(this is my vacation shedule btw, regular workweeks it sometimes is turned on when I get home in the afternoon but also sometimes it stays off untill the evening)
at night it's often one continious sesh

You can experiment and find a on/off schedule that fits your needs and works well for you. I haven't tried the kind of schedule you're talking about so I can't really comment too much but like I said either way I'll cover units under the warranty.

lwien said:
Being that Underdog offers to sell a variable power supply to be used with his vape, I think it's wise to suggest to not leave his units on 24/7, if anything, just for the possible liability issues that could arise from accidentally leaving this type of vape on at a high voltage, eh?

You make a good point Iwien, there is a concern that someone will leave a piece turned on at a >12v setting using the variable supply. I think I have about 10 warnings not to do so in the instructions I include with the piece and the variable supply but there is always a risk. During testing I ran units at higher voltages for prolonged periods of time and they will fail if you do so. This has only happened outside of testing once when a customer got a bit too vaked and left a piece on at high power and went to bed. The piece was dead in the morning and I ended up replacing it but not sure what I would do if that became epidemic.

lwien

underdog said:
....when a customer got a bit too vaked and left a piece on at high power and went to bed. The piece was dead in the morning and I ended up replacing it but not sure what I would do if that became epidemic.

And THAT is a reason (and I may be out of place for suggesting this, but hey, that's kind of what I do around here ;) ) that I will suggest to you to NOT offer a variable power supply, for this product is designed and targeted to be used by the MJ community, and forgetting to do things when vaked is in our nature. It kind of comes with the territory, and forgetting to turn the unit off when at a high voltage setting could not only ruin the vape, but in certain circumstances, pose a real danger to the end user along with his/her surroundings (like leaving a high voltaged vape on when in bed and having it tip over and have the heat exchanger touching a sheet).

In my opinion, I just don't think it's worth the gamble and regardless how many warnings you put in your instructions, a vape accidentally being left on at a high voltage WILL happen and replacing one under warranty "may" be the least of the problems that could be presented.

underdog

Manufacturer
lwien said:
underdog said:
....when a customer got a bit too vaked and left a piece on at high power and went to bed. The piece was dead in the morning and I ended up replacing it but not sure what I would do if that became epidemic.

And THAT is a reason (and I may be out of place for suggesting this, but hey, that's kind of what I do around here ;) ) that I will suggest to you to NOT offer a variable power supply, for this product is designed and targeted to be used by the MJ community, and forgetting to do things when vaked is in our nature. It kind of comes with the territory, and forgetting to turn the unit off when at a high voltage setting could not only ruin the vape, but in certain circumstances, pose a real danger to the end user along with his/her surroundings (like leaving a high voltaged vape on when in bed and having it tip over and have the heat exchanger touching a sheet).

In my opinion, I just don't think it's worth the gamble and regardless how many warnings you put in your instructions, a vape accidentally being left on at a high voltage WILL happen and replacing one under warranty "may" be the least of the problems that could be presented.

Another good point, I'll take that into account and consider unoffering the variable supply.. many good ideas people keep them coming. :)

underdog,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

guardian

well i see who the king's jester went to :D i have my eye on the "king" and "claro queen" also the "purple bishop" but by the time i could order one they would most likely be sold but i favor them above the rest imo, mayby the design in general could be recreated but with slightly different looking wood. so those jars all came with it? their not even mentioned in the kit... pretty cool tho glass jars are always handy, not sure what the small ones for mayby kief/sift? also i noticed one stem is blue any reason why? such as marked for another person etc. underdog how much is shipping in general does it just go by the weight of the product or is it one set price for the united states? also will there be any more 3 watt styles made? i read they are a bit different to make increasing price for labor. glad to see the thread grow, this vape looks pretty solid for just hitting the net. also when will underbutter be posted on the site? thanks

guardian,
Reactions: pomogirl

underdog

Manufacturer
guardian said:
well i see who the king's jester went to :D i have my eye on the "king" and "claro queen" also the "purple bishop" but by the time i could order one they would most likely be sold but i favor them above the rest imo, mayby the design in general could be recreated but with slightly different looking wood. so those jars all came with it? their not even mentioned in the kit... pretty cool tho glass jars are always handy, not sure what the small ones for mayby kief/sift? also i noticed one stem is blue any reason why? such as marked for another person etc. underdog how much is shipping in general does it just go by the weight of the product or is it one set price for the united states? also will there be any more 3 watt styles made? i read they are a bit different to make increasing price for labor. glad to see the thread grow, this vape looks pretty solid for just hitting the net. also when will underbutter be posted on the site? thanks

Heya Guardian, not to worry if we sell the ones you like before you get a chance to buy one we can always make more and I tend to on a regular basis so you most likely wouldn't have to commission one specifically. I will be continuing to make both 3 watt and 5 watt pieces in a variety of styles so no worries there.

The jars aren't part of the standard kit and are included instead as FC Bonus Goodies. As soon as I get around to it (hopefully real soon) the jars and other accessories will be added to the website along with the underbutter too.

Re: shipping - typically everything is shipped in a USPS large flat rate box so shipping is $15. Part of the FC Bonus Goodies is free shipping too. UPS/FedEx shipping options are available by request also.

Oops, re: the stems - I used to make them in blue, then clear, then both.. now I'm back to mostly just using clear but had some blue left over so am using it up as I go. In the future unless someone requests otherwise I think they'll all be clear.

Did I miss anything? Any other questions?

**edited to add re: stems part**

darkrom

Great Scott!
lwien there is definitely enough warning with the variable PSU. I haven't even used mine yet due to these concerns. The only real risk with the variable power supply is that someone less honest than the average bear will use it, break it, then try to warranty it, even though it is their own fault. Not cool.

I am heating my King's Jester right now the patient way. I love this vape so much. It is perfect for me when I am sitting and watching a movie. I'm going to heat it up, start the movie, vape as desired.

lwien

darkrom said:
The only real risk with the variable power supply is that someone less honest than the average bear will use it, break it, then try to warranty it, even though it is their own fault. Not cool.

It would be nice if that were true, but I don't believe it is. Making a product to be used by "stoners" and then believing that written warnings will keep ALL of them from forgetting to turn off their vape so that they can comply with those warnings, in my opinion, is pure folly.

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
lwien there is definitely enough warning with the variable PSU. I haven't even used mine yet due to these concerns. The only real risk with the variable power supply is that someone less honest than the average bear will use it, break it, then try to warranty it, even though it is their own fault. Not cool.

I am heating my King's Jester right now the patient way. I love this vape so much. It is perfect for me when I am sitting and watching a movie. I'm going to heat it up, start the movie, vape as desired.

Glad to see you're not wasting any time Darkrom and wisely spending your weekend in a vaporcloud :cool:

I think what lwien was concerned about is maybe that if a piece was left on with the variable supply in high mode that it could start a fire or something. I do agree and think that is a valid concern, in all the testing I did including higher voltage testing I never had anything burn and instead the failures were all of the sort of the electronics failing and dying variety but that isn't a guarantee that things would always go that way. In the future if I continue to offer the variable supply I would like to have it redesigned to operate such that the higher voltages were only on as a "boost" kind of setting and would automatically revert back to your default voltage after 15 minutes or something, an auto-off feature is also on my "want" list but as of yet with my business being this small I haven't been able to justify the R&D cost to get supplies like that made (I was quoted prices in the $3,000+ range!)... anyways this conversation could go on forever and while I love discussing ways I can improve my product I'll wrap things up for now. :-)

Any chance you're going to post any pics/videos of what kind of vapor hits you're getting from that bad boy?

lwien

One last thing on this and then I'll let it go. There have been reports of people who have left their log vapes on while in bed, fell asleep, and when they woke up, the pillow case that the log vape's heat exchanger came in contact with had a hole burnt in it. Now what would have happened if that same vape was operating at 15v rather than 12?

I agree that a timer built in to the variable power supply would be an answer, but in lieu of that, in my opinion, any product that is designed to be in actual use by people who are high should be as idiot proof as is possible, and if in fact, making that variable power supply idiot proof is cost prohibitive, than it may be wise to not offer it all.

Ok, I'm done.

darkrom

Great Scott!
That is a very good idea.

I had a friend take 3 videos and none showed vapor clouds, yet we both saw them in person. I'm thinking my custom phone software ruined the video quality, or I must be a complete moron. I am going to have someone record it with an iphone first chance he can come over, hopefully tomorrow. I will try to get a better camcorder, but I don't own one.

I can in the mean time describe my hits as very strong and powerful with huge clouds. I've always thought log vapes gave small hits, but this is not the case at all. I find myself getting bigger hits than I'd get with my solo or DBV. I'm barely into The Big Lebowski at all, and not even close to done with my first stem (half packed, very lightly packed) and I actually had to stop and take a break. That rarely happens with me, unless concentrates are involved. I have done 2 back to back solo stems and not been close to as vaked as I get with half a stem with this thing. Efficiency is definitely impressive. That being said efficiency is cool, but effects are the most important. This vape does not disappoint. My DBV is collecting dust, the solo hasn't been used in 48 hours (new record since I got that thing) and the MFLB is used for stealth situations only. They all have their niche, but for medicating at home the Underdog wins. I get more out of less. I think I enjoy the underdog more at home than on the go. Personally I'd rather use something I can stuff in my pocket quickly if needed, but a key factor is that I don't generally drive for more than 1/2 hr at a time, so I need immediate hit it and quit it highs. The underdog isn't made for someone to just get high real quick. Its made to vape at home and vape in an incredibly pleasing way, both visually and in usage. I really think my current situation is going to be Underdog at home always due to how much I enjoy it, and the solo on the go to get the job done quick. Not as satisfying, but quick. Then I'll always have the MFLB for the 2 minute ninja sessions. Really I have no need for DBV anymore. Bottom line is Underdog provides the best home vaporizing experience that I have tried to date.

darkrom

Great Scott!
lwien said:
One last thing on this and then I'll let it go. There have been reports of people who have left their log vapes on while in bed, fell asleep, and when they woke up, the pillow case that the log vape's heat exchanger came in contact with had a hole burnt in it. Now what would have happened if that same vape was operating at 15v rather than 12?

I agree that a timer built in to the variable power supply would be an answer, but in lieu of that, in my opinion, any product that is designed to be in actual use by people who are high should be as idiot proof as is possible, and if in fact, making that variable power supply idiot proof is cost prohibitive, than it may be wise to not offer it all.

Ok, I'm done.

Valid concerns and I agree with it all, but there may be a cheaper way to make it idiot-proof. What about a "boost button" that will increase voltage only if you are actively pressing it?

I personally don't think I'd ever want a higher voltage. The vaping temp on mine is fantastic IMO.

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
lwien said:

Ok, I'm done.

Valid concerns and I agree with it all, but there may be a cheaper way to make it idiot-proof. What about a "boost button" that will increase voltage only if you are actively pressing it?

I personally don't think I'd ever want a higher voltage. The vaping temp on mine is fantastic IMO.

Thanks for all the input guys. Based on the discussion so far I'm thinking I will stop offering the variable supply since it seems the consensus is that it probably isn't worth the associated risks all things considered. I like the idea about the "boost" while pressing the button only and will look into the idea too if/when I talk with anyone about having custom supplies built in the future.

Darkrom - sounds good re: the videos, no rush or pressure though man..!

darkrom

Great Scott!
I just want to get a video to show how cool this thing is. I wish I could compare this to another log vape, but really from what I've read I've always thought of log vapes as good efficient vapes, but I've never really thought of them as cloud blowing machines. I love the vape Dave. When I'm not using it I'm just playing with it and just looking at it.

So far into the movie. Still on that first stem. That hasn't happened with any other vape. I have to say the efficiency of this vape is far greater than both my MFLB, and solo which I'd say are conservative vapes. You can definitely make a tiny bit go a LONG way.

djonkoman

@darkrom: my webcam also never displayed vaporclouds

maybe you could add a led that goes on when you're above 12 volts?

djonkoman,

caseball2051

when does a user become responsible for user error? if you break something you buy, due to personal error, why should it be replaced?

there are warnings on bleach not to ingest, but if your dog does and dies you wont get another dog from clorox. while a harsh example, the same logic applies.

making excuses for stoners furthers the stereotype and isnt helpful.

caseball2051,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright everyone, I've had to much sun exposure and I'm bored so I've decided to have a contest.

To avoid going off topic here and getting us all in trouble I've created a specific thread in the Lounge so head over there for details if you're interested in winning prizes... :p

Undedog Design Contest!

Time is limited so you'd best hustle!

djonkoman said:
@darkrom: my webcam also never displayed vaporclouds

maybe you could add a led that goes on when you're above 12 volts?

Interesting idea about the LED I'll put it in my "to think about" pile :D

darkrom

Great Scott!
nice morning vape session with the underdog of course. Haven't used a single vape other than this since I got it. I wonder what it will feel like if I go to the movies and have to use my solo? Definitely not as enjoyable, but more suited for the car IMO.

Starting my day hoping trees don't fall on my house again. Giving the underdog it's first morning run.

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
nice morning vape session with the underdog of course. Haven't used a single vape other than this since I got it. I wonder what it will feel like if I go to the movies and have to use my solo? Definitely not as enjoyable, but more suited for the car IMO.

Starting my day hoping trees don't fall on my house again. Giving the underdog it's first morning run.

I hope a tree doesn't fall on your house too but if one does you should send it to me in pieces and I'll turn them into pieces... :lol:

darkrom

Great Scott!
Well a tree did in fact hit my house, but barely any significant damage. Things are still going on though so we will see. Lots more dead trees. I lost power and couldn't vape so I took a nap. My buddy is on his way, so I'll see if his iphone 4 pics up vapor in the video. It could just be terrible lighting. The clouds are quite large in person and very strong. I ended up using 2 stems filled 1/3rd of the way last night. It lasted from 5-12 and was so much stronger than if I had vaped several times with other vapes. I am still quite impressed.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've made 5 attempted vapor shot videos now. IDK what I need to do differently, but it simply will not show up on video. I've only tried a thunderbolt and iphone video camera, but those are 720p. The iphone is impossible to do "wrong". I get bigger clouds than my other vapes. Da Buddha is pretty even cloud wise, and that is impressive. It is a hard hitter for sure. The other vapes 1 session lasts me 20 min or so. This thing a stem has been lasting me 1/2 day to a full day. Sure I use more if desired, but that is enough. I can't believe it. I always thought you log vapers simply were people who medicated less, or had lower tolerance. I had no idea they are just THAT good. This vape is currently keeping me medicated for longer, while using significantly less bud than my other vapes. Higher + more efficient, what more could I ask?

On the subject of me wanting glass stems, I definitely still want them. I don't have health concerns with the silicone at all, but I have flavor concerns that I'll explain. You can taste the silicone, but NOT because of off-gassing or anything like that, simply because of the nature of silicone and the fact that you are putting it directly in your mouth. I think the all glass stem would be something I'd get immediately, but at the same time I'd want at least 2 silicone stems on hand at all times. The silicone does create a great vaping experience, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little suction for some more flavor...most of the time. Other than that I honestly wouldn't change a thing about my vape. King's Jester is the finest home vape I've ever used and I'll stand it up against volcanos, da buddha, vapir 5.0...it just feels best by a long shot.

stroh

errl enthusiast
proper lighting will be key to showing off those big vapor clouds, try tinkering with that.

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I've made 5 attempted vapor shot videos now. IDK what I need to do differently, but it simply will not show up on video. I've only tried a thunderbolt and iphone video camera, but those are 720p. The iphone is impossible to do "wrong". I get bigger clouds than my other vapes. Da Buddha is pretty even cloud wise, and that is impressive. It is a hard hitter for sure. The other vapes 1 session lasts me 20 min or so. This thing a stem has been lasting me 1/2 day to a full day. Sure I use more if desired, but that is enough. I can't believe it. I always thought you log vapers simply were people who medicated less, or had lower tolerance. I had no idea they are just THAT good. This vape is currently keeping me medicated for longer, while using significantly less bud than my other vapes. Higher + more efficient, what more could I ask?

On the subject of me wanting glass stems, I definitely still want them. I don't have health concerns with the silicone at all, but I have flavor concerns that I'll explain. You can taste the silicone, but NOT because of off-gassing or anything like that, simply because of the nature of silicone and the fact that you are putting it directly in your mouth. I think the all glass stem would be something I'd get immediately, but at the same time I'd want at least 2 silicone stems on hand at all times. The silicone does create a great vaping experience, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little suction for some more flavor...most of the time. Other than that I honestly wouldn't change a thing about my vape. King's Jester is the finest home vape I've ever used and I'll stand it up against volcanos, da buddha, vapir 5.0...it just feels best by a long shot.

Well darkrom you deserve an "A" for effort with the video attempts.. maybe it's just not meant to be. We'll have to try here when we get some spare time but I'm not the best video person myself.

On the subject of the glass stems we'd be more than happy to carry some for our customers but I'm not sure where to source them from. I haven't had much luck finding someone local to make them here but I'll keep trying.

Thanks for all the great feedback, glad to hear you're enjoying the vape.

UD

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Underdog Underdog Underdog
just keeps you vaping in the fog
you get stoned via the art of log.

The Underdog is a for sure a win
To stone a face with a lucky grin
To help you feel how world spins.

Efficiency and taste are most surprising
Your mind gets hit by a buzzing lighting
and you are gone in heavens of vaporizing.

If you fall in love with your wooden dog
You get walked from the cradle to the log
and you'll never go in smoke instead of fog.

With a wooden soul and a heart of steel
Your Underdog will walk you up the hill
To make it right and to keep it real.

:) Few rhymes that came to my mind , that may be can be worked into a theme song :).

Top Bottom