Underdog Log Vapes

pomogirl

That's an awesome log! Had my eye on that one for a minute. Kinda looks like a Purple Days. Great choice!
Yes. Seeing Troy's (or Jerry's) hefty Purple Days's stuck with me, and the Wormy holes on this Claro Dog add so much personality to that robustness. Purple Days are no longer, right? But UD also tells us to pick the wood we love, and not to really worry about the heater. I already have a WS, so I know I don't need another Dynavap log yet, but the Wild Maple ACXL also looks nice...

I love these wood devices!

GoldenBud

Yes. Seeing Troy's (or Jerry's) hefty Purple Days's stuck with me, and the Wormy holes on this Claro Dog add so much personality to that robustness. Purple Days are no longer, right? But UD also tells us to pick the wood we love, and not to really worry about the heater. I already have a WS, so I know I don't need another Dynavap log yet, but the Wild Maple ACXL also looks nice...

I like the fact that it can be either an heavy hitter, or just sipping device at around 10.7v (SC3+, Alpha will be less power, bigger heater) and also a device which is safe - the chance to touch the hot part is very low if it's not intended (speaking about Logs in general too...) btw mine is 'Claro Walnut'

heavy hitting hash 12.2v - the max on the VVPS

coolbreeze

No more PD, but UD services them, I think. Looks like he has a real feel for them ; ) I am also sorely tempted by the ACXLs but I'm currently satisfied with my CL/DV hack. Still these keep calling...

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
No more PD, but UD services them, I think. Looks like he has a real feel for them ; ) I am also sorely tempted by the ACXLs but I'm currently satisfied with my CL/DV hack. Still these keep calling...
Well hurry up and buy all the ACXLs and save me from myself. I’ve been on the site every day this week looking at which wood would go best with my custom wood dyna stems. It’s definitely all about the wood choices for me now.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Sent my brother an early wedding gift before I had gone down for the wedding with anticipation of using it. Picked him out a lost dog figured walnut SC3. I am familiar with most of the UD lineup including the SC3+, Alpha, and Alpha +, so I was excited to try out their base model in hopes of being able to give out my opinion on it as it as very accessable price range for beginners.

Stoked to say I really like the SC3, and I think it would fit well in a beginners inventory or someone who has a lower tolerance. My brother is happy ripping a dyna a few times, and this log fit his needs perfectly. Once heat soaked hits are rather robust. The heat gets depleted rather quickly, I started to notice after the second hit of a bowl. This isn't an issue for a lighter user as within a minute or so it's back to full operation.

Overall I am very happy to recommend the SC3 model to anyone who fits the criteria I listed above.

Oil420FL

Sent my brother an early wedding gift before I had gone down for the wedding with anticipation of using it. Picked him out a lost dog figured walnut SC3. I am familiar with most of the UD lineup including the SC3+, Alpha, and Alpha +, so I was excited to try out their base model in hopes of being able to give out my opinion on it as it as very accessable price range for beginners.

Stoked to say I really like the SC3, and I think it would fit well in a beginners inventory or someone who has a lower tolerance. My brother is happy ripping a dyna a few times, and this log fit his needs perfectly. Once heat soaked hits are rather robust. The heat gets depleted rather quickly, I started to notice after the second hit of a bowl. This isn't an issue for a lighter user as within a minute or so it's back to full operation.

Overall I am very happy to recommend the SC3 model to anyone who fits the criteria I listed above.
So will SC3+ keep up with a half dozen back to back hits? I’m saving for my 1st UD and picked that model since I often microdose

Oil420FL

Am I the only one who use the SC3+ with 12.2v , GonG, Screen lowered by like 1.5cm below the default?
it finishes 0.01gr in one, big, tasty hit... amazing
Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. And I'm assuming it would take a very long, slow draw to finish in one hit. But as a newbie shopping for his first log, I don't know what temp range 12.2v would give you: 400-420ish?

GoldenBud

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. And I'm assuming it would take a very long, slow draw to finish in one hit. But as a newbie shopping for his first log, I don't know what temp range 12.2v would give you: 400-420ish?
12.2v is like 440F I think, but I took the screen (with the longer tamper which is included with the vape) 1.5cm-2cm below its original place, and i get very tasty hit. it works either with fast or slow draw, slow draw takes 10 seconds to dark but far from black ABV

if you don't move the screen, 12.2v may combust (with slow draw, fast draw will take it..)

Last edited:

Adobewan

That’s love, spreading the Underdog goodness.
You’re a good sibling!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I never really got along with my SC3. I am going to let it chill for a few months. I adore my Alpha Mini. It's just what I had hoped for in the SC3: a nice sipper for a laid back evening.

Finally took some pictures.
PXL-20220912-210359585-2.jpg

I heartily recommend the Dfreez designs CouchLog bowl with the Alpha. The glass CL doesn't do great with it, but this one is perfect. And of course I love my TRWW vapor pipe.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I never really got along with my SC3. I am going to let it chill for a few months. I adore my Alpha Mini. It's just what I had hoped for in the SC3: a nice sipper for a laid back evening.

Finally took some pictures.
PXL-20220912-210359585-2.jpg

I heartily recommend the Dfreez designs CouchLog bowl with the Alpha. The glass CL doesn't do great with it, but this one is perfect. And of course I love my TRWW vapor pipe.
Where do you find the SC3 lacking for you? And that Alpha Mini, sir, is simply stunning.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Where do you find the SC3 lacking for you? And that Alpha Mini, sir, is simply stunning.
Thanks. It is beautiful in person and runs great.

That biggest problem with my walnut SC3 is the walnut flavor has not gone away. And for the most part, I'm just not getting satisfying hits. I am not a cloud chaser, but I do like a bit of flavor and volume. Other than the WPAs I haven't liked any of the stems I have tried with it. I haven't given up on it, but I am leaving it on the bench for a while.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

That biggest problem with my walnut SC3 is the walnut flavor has not gone away. And for the most part, I'm just not getting satisfying hits. I am not a cloud chaser, but I do like a bit of flavor and volume. Other than the WPAs I haven't liked any of the stems I have tried with it. I haven't given up on it, but I am leaving it on the bench for a while.
Gotcha. One of my SC3 is a walnut, I’ll have to do some testing and get back with you.

Zagala

Just to be clear, I absolutely love my Mini Alpha and I am thinking about getting an Alpha+. I have used it almost every day since I got it and it just gets better.
I have an Alfa mini and love it. I was only using it for one big thick tasty hit under 10v. But after reading your post, I tried mine as a sipper and it does work too! Thanks for the tip. I also have 2 SC3 and one SC3+. I have not used my walnut SC3 much but the Black Oak one delivers as a one hitter or a sipper, slow or fast draw at around 10.5 -10.8 max. I rarely go over 11v. My SC3+ had a very strong taste and smell for the first few weeks, but I even did not notice exactly when, but both are gone, and I like to keep the dial on the vvps almost always around 10.2v-10.5v. I generally use my logs direct draw, dry and with j-hooks - I have a few. My logs are almost on every day, the dogs, the heat islands and the Couchlog - logs have become my preferred vapes. But on the SC3, my first log vape, I can only speak for mine, it can deliver! Tasty and robust hits!

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@Grass Yes ...I honestly almost didn't get one for my brother after asking you about your experience. The other option had a long wait time so I was kinda pigeon holed into the SC3. You have some stellar units for it to go up against...I really doubt it would ever outcompete your other choices. The wood taste sucks, glad my brothers and my two walnuts never had that issue.

Stoked you are liking the alpha....and I can say you will NOT be disappointed w/ alpha+

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs it's time for a quick driveby update...

We're laboring away behind the scenes to dig out of a big-busy last month or so.. bear with us a little longer and we'll be caught up on messages. Orders are going out on schedule so the slowdown is just in email/message response times and to a small degree a few delayed custom/repair jobs that are just wrapping up.

We've got some big inventory restocks coming up in the next 3-4 weeks that should get our bins filled back up with the standard VVPS as well as assorted glass and other stems/accessories that we've run low (our out) on. There should also be a number of new items added to the site so stay turned. :cool:

The 2022 Fall/Birthday Sale will kick off quietly on Friday and will run at least thru the end of the month. We're considering just letting it ride thru the holiday season so people can start picking up gifts early but haven't committed to that just yet. Regardless of the exact timeframe there should be a sweet variety of discounted Dogs, accessories and a buncha rando fun stuff added as we get it together. :tup: :spliff: :party:

@Grass Yes ah dang sorry to hear you can still taste the walnut flavor.. send @underdogette a message thru here or the sites 'contact us' page if you'd be interested in sending the Pup in for a body swap so we can get you into something that isn't walnut-y. :cheers:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
@Grass Yes ah dang sorry to hear you can still taste the walnut flavor.. send @underdogette a message thru here or the sites 'contact us' page if you'd be interested in sending the Pup in for a body swap so we can get you into something that isn't walnut-y. :cheers:
That is an extremely generous offer. I hesitated posting about it because I was worried you would feel obligated to respond. I think this piece just was particularly oily or something? I'm hoping it will still neutralize but it is persistent.

I will be watching this next drop for sure!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Heya Dogs the Birthday/Fall Sale is now up.

Big discounts on vapes in general and Bigly Bigger ones on select pieces.

We're still out of stock on a bunch of accessory stuff but what we do have is all
on sale as well.. it's a site wide extravaganza! :evil:

More accessories and special little toys and the like will be randomly added as
the month progresses.

That is all. Tell a friend. Party on. :rockon::party: :spliff:

Top Bottom