Underdog Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
I'm going to post 2-3 pictures (of the same area) and you all get to try and figure out where they were taken.

You're only allowed 1 guess a day or you forfeit that days guess(es). The contest will run until Christmas Eve or until someone gets it whichever comes first.

The prize will be a free vape.

Non USA members are welcome to play but if you win and want the vape you'll need to pay $30 to cover the international shipping costs.

If you already know the answer to this (ie you've got inside knowledge or we've talked about it, etc) please don't post the answer, you can't play. :) By doing so you'll ruin it for everyone and force the contest to start over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an uninhabited desert island
sndgo-pno.jpg

The only way to get here is boat boat (or swim I suppose lol)
sndgo-slng.jpg

It's only building is an abandoned lighthouse (though it is still lit)
sndgo-lth1.jpg

Good luck and have fun! Post your guesses below but remember only 1 per day or you forfeit.

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
My guess is Thats Culebrita Lighthouse of Culebra ?
The Culebritas Island lighthouse is located in the southeast of the island of Culebritas in the municipality of Culebra, on the west side of the Virgin Islands Passage which separates this municipality from the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Is uninhabitet and has a lighthouse :) and the third photo is close in my mind to this one. http://www.enciclopediapr.org/multimedia/images/09060803_GT37RU76LS38.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, congrats mate!

I knew I was a new dog owner, & then I refreshed, scrolled down, and saw your post, lol.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Well damn that was short.. congrats again Abysmal. :lol: Now you've got to tell us did you know that from some kind of previous knowledge based on something I'd said before or do you just have kung-fu skills of deduction?

The rest of you stay tuned.. I think I'm going to restart the contest and see if we can't make it a little bit more challenging. First I've got to think of something though... :uhoh:

underdog,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
With Google Goggles, there's not much that's tough anymore. :lol:

Stu,

underdog

Manufacturer
Stu said:
With Google Goggles, there's not much that's tough anymore. :lol:

Ah.. good to know thanks! I guess I've been living in the tech stone-age. :/

underdog,

havock69

Damn, Im mad I was at work during this. I knew the answer lol, I've actually been there....plus I remember you saying that you lived in PR. Swimming is a lil' much dave. those waters get choppy. I would've loved to join the ud club :( lol. Too bad maybe next time. Abysmal you lucky dog....congrats.

havock69,

Abysmal Vapor

I used to work in a traveling agency on student brigade in the USA.
It came very lucky was for sure that is somewhere near Puerto rico/Virgin Islands from the first pic :). Then i google abandoned light house and inhabited island and there were few , Casa del Muerte , Culebrita and one more that i dont remember. The one of the other got a bigger light house , the other had white roof(not red as your picture).
Btw i wasn't sure 100% my answer is right but just googled pictures of Culebrita and after few comparisons i decided that it is a cool bet :).

Thx guys !
Sry to kill the contest so early but i see that i was just the quickest shooter.. Many others knew :).
As every piece of art is a part of the Artist that made it,my UD has some of Dave's memories transfered on it and it hinted me how to get him another dog mate :).
Yeah all those memories you loose while vaporizing are getting sucked by your device :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Unfortunately there can be only one Ab ;)

I have never been there or knew about it myself. I was googling lighthouses & then it came up after 15 pages or so. I didn't find the same picture Absymal posted though, so I wasn't sure enough and kept comparing it until I found a picture of that bay and could compare that as well.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
Unfortunately there can be only one Ab ;)

I have never been there or knew about it myself. I was googling lighthouses & then it came up after 15 pages or so. I didn't find the same picture Absymal posted though, so I wasn't sure enough and kept comparing it until I found a picture of that bay and could compare that as well.
Haha i've never been there too ,just have good picture memory :). It took me about 40-50 minutes of googling till i was totally sure ... I cant believe there are so many abandoned lighthouses on uninhabited islands.. I wish i was living there...

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, then you definitely deserve it more. I don't think I spend more then half an hour or so in total.

Yeah, I even found pictures of the cutest little islands with just enough room for a lighthouse. I don't think I could live like that, but they sure looked charming. I've considered living on an Island a few times, but the idea of not being able to just drive off whenever I want to kinda freaks me out.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

If i am going to live an island for sure i will have a boat to drive off or maybe a chopper:)..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ok everyone, new contest since the first one ended so quickly.

The contest is now to guess the weight of the Underdog (the four-legged one, not me) to the nearest 1/4 pound (or .1 kilo if you submit your guess that way). To complicate matters I want you to put your guess on a postcard (from your local area or just something you enjoy) and send it in, alternatively I will accept a scanned and emailed one. To mail your postcard you can message me for the address here if you don't already have it.

I will let this contest run until New Years and will reward the closest 3 guesses with.. you got it.. vapes.

You will only be allowed 1 guess though you may change your guess by sending in a new one if you want.

Again, international winners will need to pay $30 shipping to receive their prize.

For a little guessing guidance the Underdog is a full grown, 2 year old, male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with long winter fur. :brow:
b-day-shipping.jpg

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

If i win third time i will be the first vaporizer related deathcase!

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think Absymal should be excluded from this one, the rest of us obviously don't stand a chance as long as he competes too :lol:

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
I think Absymal should be excluded from this one, the rest of us obviously don't stand a chance as long as he competes too :lol:
Won't be democratic to exclude me just cause i am lucky and a born winner .. Better start googling average weight of two years old male cavalier king charles spiel during the winter :)..

Abysmal Vapor,

SirElton

The new contest sounds awesome! Thankfully, I just got my hands on some Christmas postcards so that will most likely be used as my submission. Off to do some research!

SirElton,

Abysmal Vapor

Btw Dave , do we have to guess the current weight of the underdog ? Or how much is going to weight at new years eve with a full stomack :). I can imagine that dog can gain or loose weight till then, also if its he had a meal/water recently can shift the weight with 0.2-0.3 kg, (not to mention the humidity of the fur :lol:)
So measure the dog now so it does not depends on the dog food regiment next few weeks :).(just a proposition)

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal won't be banned from competing but hopefully this contest will provide a chance for other people to win, besides with 3 prizes he can't win them all haha.. :lol: If he wins anymore he's going to have so many UDs he might be able to start reselling them. :rolleyes:

Oh and the UD will be weighed on New Years and a picture of the scale posted at that time.. :cool:

underdog,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom