• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

(un-named) "portable dry herb vaporizer" on Instagram...?

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
It does have a name... "Portable Dry Herb Vape"... Can't you see the beautifully unique name they've chosen? I mean, how can you get a more one-of-a-kind, innovative name than that? ...lol. Oh, china... How you make me giggle with your ingenuity and originality... You never cease to make me smile....

By the way - very curious to know if the inside of that "cooling unit" actually has a spiral/helix in the inside that matches the outside (which in that last pic where you get a good look into the bottom hole of it, makes me pretty suspicious if it actually does), cuz with the helix/spiral on the outside, and due to the o-rings being the same and thus dividing off that inner area between them; I don't really understand how it would work or do anything if those 2 o-rings make a seal blocking that area off from airflow... Doesn't really make sense to me logically, and seems like it would just end up working as a straight shot vaporpath from bowl to mouth, with the "cooling unit" just being a smaller diameter to travel through, but no surface area to hit other than the straight side walls, with that open hole to a blank trapped air pocket of where that "cu's" bottom hole is open into... Basically; I don't understand how that would cool much of anything...? Now, if that bottom o-ring wasn't there or something, it might make sense and maybe work... But it looks like the same exact size as the other and to be trapping that area off? Like even without the o-ring there, it'd still need to have airflow coming from the bowl or outside of the stem - which I'm not so sure it does either... I mean, we'd all have to better see how it works from the bowl area and up to determine, but regardless, I dunno... Just seems weird and doesn't look right. Maybe I'm wrong... But from what I can see, I'm not so sure that I am wrong... Can anyone enlighten me or give me a second opinion??

You are correct. There are two O rings; one at the top and one at the bottom of the metal cooling spiral that are necessary for the cooling vapour path to function as designed. Upon inspecting of all the photos further, one will notice that there are three air holes, plus one you can't see.

The one at the bottom that we can't see is the vapor entry point into the metal spiral from the heated chamber below. The second hole which we can see (right above the bottom O ring) is where the vapor exits the inside of the metal spiral and begins it's journey along the visible spiral path between the two O rings.

The third hole, just below the top O ring of the glass stem is where the cooled vapor reenters the metal cooling spiral to exit at the top hole of the metal spiral. The two red O rings provide a closed, air tight cooling path for the vapour between the glass tube and metal cooling spirals.

Not only do you receive cool vapor, you also get to watch the vapor spiral up the glass tube, much like the glass stem Revolve experience. Brilliant!

If the bowl is SS or glass lined ceramics, and the air path is clean I'm all in.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Im Not on Instagram (thank god). Did they ever update this weirdo?

I literally only use it for things like this, never even posted, all privacy settings, just saying it is pretty worthwhile for paraphernalia purposes... I just clicked the link on the first page and there have been no updates FYI

checkyourlibido

I literally only use it for things like this, never even posted, all privacy settings, just saying it is pretty worthwhile for paraphernalia purposes... I just clicked the link on the first page and there have been no updates FYI
Yeah, for things like this and for handmade boots by small vendors, things like that make it worthwhile. There's more to IG than fitness models and influencers. But I literally only open it for shopping, lol.

jasp3r

FWIW I somehow became a tester for this. It is essentially a 3 tube tubo heater. The unit sent was DOA so take that as you will.

A WHOLE bunch of personal concerns on materials used but didn't even have to stress about it that much since it was DOA. Will update with news!

Yeah, for things like this and for handmade boots by small vendors, things like that make it worthwhile. There's more to IG than fitness models and influencers. But I literally only open it for shopping, lol.

Don't forget glass blowers!

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
FWIW I somehow became a tester for this. It is essentially a 3 tube tubo heater. The unit sent was DOA so take that as you will.

A WHOLE bunch of personal concerns on materials used but didn't even have to stress about it that much since it was DOA. Will update with news!

Build quality doesnt look great either,shame on them on ripping off tubo tech. They should have at least made it 5 or 6 tubes,lol...

jasp3r

Build quality doesnt look great either,shame on them on ripping off tubo tech. They should have at least made it 5 or 6 tubes,lol...
The way I look at it, imitation is the highest form of flattery. They can't even compete with Lamart and can probably say they never will. Same thing with Qaroma and Cannabis Hardware, imitation!

Or rather the Rogue/Boundless having such a similar, but less adequate hyrbrid heater than the Mighty.

Anyways, the Tubo tech is outdated, that's why Ralph moved to the more efficient Tetra heater

Don't think maker uses herb also, and we know how products from non enthusiasts go...

Abysmal Vapor

The way I look at it, imitation is the highest form of flattery. They can't even compete with Lamart and can probably say they never will. Same thing with Qaroma and Cannabis Hardware, imitation!

Anyways, the Tubo tech is outdated, that's why Ralph moved to the more efficient Tetra heater
Yeah he would probably never be able to keep with the demand, i doubt they will take bread out of his hand, just make the original even more popular,lol.

kokolokokolokon

i would love to try that CU on a tinymight. I´m trying to use the revolve with the tm (inside the short stem) but seems it needs something with a bigger diameter.
I know those are frankenvapes but...i like how it looks like :rofl:

andrew`124c41+

Seems like there is something coming from Asia?(China?), this Instagram account, posted some photos of some top-tier vapes (TetraP80, Firewood7, Tinymight, Mighty+) and now seems to be posting possibly similar prototypes of their own??

Screenshot-20220205-184522.png

Screenshot-20220205-184247.png
Screenshot-20220205-184107.png

Screenshot-20220205-184050.png

Screenshot-20220205-184314.png

Could be a little suspicious, I don't want to be the one to throw out the worst possible scenarios, trying to keep an open mind, but also feeling a bit cautious about this all...
:o:hmm::uhoh::uhh::\:disgust::suspicious::ugh::(:tinfoil::shrug::worms::popcorn:
I have been doing Magic and Mentalism since I was a kid and know many of the creators of well known magic and Mentalism effects.

They never make a lot of money as it is whether they sell directly off their own sites or via distributors and online retailers.

But what really hurts them are the Chinese who have zero respect for intellectual property whether patented or not. They don't like it when you confront them with the word "stealing." They have a special word for this kind of thing...copying!

Most of the Chinese rip offs are inferior to the originals.

I would have no doubt that the Chinese might see copying vapes as potentially lucrative business. It is our responsibility to boycott them and never support what they do even if you can save a few bucks.

Last edited:

Joie de Vivre

Am still not confident about the spiralling airway because it seems to have a gap, otherwise the o-rings would look a bit more redundant. Mentioning in case that was the point of the posts about that and I missed it. Also agree with comments that these vapes look like cheap derivations, or in this case a mashup of derived concepts, and have wrong written all over them.

Joie de Vivre,

andrew`124c41+

Chinese don't worry about patents, that is a western capitalist thought process that does not seem to apply to them.
The concept of a patent is not western capitalist nonsense. It is recognized actually throughout most of the world. If a company invested a lot of money in r and d the patent allows them to make that money back and hopefully a profit.

While the US Patent office has made doing the research a bit easier obviating the need for a patent attorney in some cases, it still can be difficult and costly. So, there has always been an understanding in the Magic Fraternity, that the originator of a particular unique effect should enjoy the sole right to manufacturer and sell said effect.

But, the Chinese blatantly disrespect this so called understanding. The Chinese also rip of magic and Mentalism manuscripts and sell them online for pennies on the dollar.

I had a discussion about aftermarket auto parts with a buddy of mine who owns an auto repair shop. He said that over time he had noticed that many of these parts are shody, not well made, and fail sooner than their US counterparts.

BTW, I am not condemning all Chinese manufacturers. There are many that are reputable and make high quality products. I purchase certain tactical and other flashlights from a Chinese company and deal directly with the owner. I have also reviewed some electronics from a number of Chinese companies that are reputable. Just got a nice variable bench PSU that is pretty good for my needs and saved me a bundle. But, these are original items that the companies made.

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: davesmith

LesPlenty

Company Rep
western capitalist nonsense
You called it that, not me, I worked for a Caterpillar dealer and have had my yellow injection, re-inforced when I then worked for a Swedish Mining supply company that only OME is good...still never stopped cheap knock-offs from China and at home (Geograph Replacement Parts were a good example of homegrown 'copiers').

andrew`124c41+

You called it that, not me, I worked for a Caterpillar dealer and have had my yellow injection, re-inforced when I then worked for a Swedish Mining supply company that only OME is good...still never stopped cheap knock-offs from China and at home (Geograph Replacement Parts were a good example of homegrown 'copiers').
You said Western Capitalist which seemed to imply that it is negative, hence my adding the word nonsense. The odd thing about China when compared to the other then Comblock countries is that they were and are a mixed bag ecconomically...long gone are the Mao outfits...they are as consumer driven as the US. They just have a rather different moral structure. There is a guy on YouTube who used to live there. His description of the CCP as well as the society in general, leaves a lot to be desired.

I remember seeing an article about Chinese Mac laptops. Externally it was very difficult to tell the difference. Anyway, my point is just that I would stay away from their copies, that is all.

ConvectCode1

I’ve been in contact with these…people…for the last couple of months on Instagram just to kind of see what develops or whatever and was told I would get all the product information by the end of April. I have yet to receive anything. I’m pretty sure this is nothing. Though I will be the idiot to find out.

chillmike

I’ve been in contact with these…people…for the last couple of months on Instagram just to kind of see what develops or whatever and was told I would get all the product information by the end of April. I have yet to receive anything. I’m pretty sure this is nothing. Though I will be the idiot to find out.
still a nothing burger...? curious whatever happened to these people...? did they just give up?? lol...

chillmike,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abysmal Vapor

Just going to throw this out there. Since I have the potential only unit that went out and fully dissembled it when I got it, I gotta say. After seeing pics of the wood body of the angus with the top plate off: the construction and wood type are a perfect match.

Maybe same factory?
I dont wanna make conspirations,but i think those are also the same guys behind Chinamight .... And that Angus top panel looks just like the Apollo2, probably wont admit it,but he had been influenced by a lot of this concept and trying to sell it as unique,doesnt check up with me.Funny thing is they copied also the bad things from the design and now they are dealing with it .
angus-halogen-vaporizer-by-yllvape-v0-rw73gzb23bs91.jpg
3nOjK64oTAOQW0miDvkXC9pOuS6biQhXOsenXpMo1fM.jpg

Last edited:

jasp3r

I dont wanna make conspirations,but i think those are also the same guys behind Chinamight .... And that Angus top panel looks just like the Apollo2, probably wont admit it,but he had been influenced by a lot of this concept and trying to sell it as unique,doesnt check up with me.Funny thing is they copied also the bad things from the design and now they are dealing with it .
angus-halogen-vaporizer-by-yllvape-v0-rw73gzb23bs91.jpg
3nOjK64oTAOQW0miDvkXC9pOuS6biQhXOsenXpMo1fM.jpg

Now that I have more side by side pictures maybe it’s not as clear as I once thought? Will let other people decide

Top Bottom