TV Shows - General Discussion

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone watched The Great North? Saw the first three episodes and I'm not impressed. Wondering if it gets any better.

I will say it definitely gets better, but it's also super unimpressive haha if you like Bob's Burgers (molyneux sisters who created this show wrote some of the best episodes for that one although they got rid of their initial co-creator later on and I think that one is really good actually worked on the show Close Enough) it is fine for basic wallpaper style TV, but not really appointment viewing, it can be funny and also grating honestly

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Cool I won't give up on it just yet then. It feels a bit Bob's Burgers like, which I can appreciate. But I am a fan of the voice acting of Kristen Schaal and H. Jon Benjamin so that makes it easy for even the more boring episode to draw me in. Thus far not too impressed by Nick Offerman's voice acting in The Great North though...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks

Cool I won't give up on it just yet then. It feels a bit Bob's Burgers like, which I can appreciate. But I am a fan of the voice acting of Kristen Schaal and H. Jon Benjamin so that makes it easy for even the more boring episode to draw me in. Thus far not too impressed by Nick Offerman's voice acting in The Great North though...

I know especially early on his character is pretty phoned in lol Also was not a fan of the other characters that much, but the little boy and his voice actor Aparna are pretty great

Central Park is another one produced by the Bob's creators, but they work with Josh Gad, and it's supposed to be a bit more family friendly, full on musical... As a result it is often worse of the bunch, but some of the music is pretty fantastic, best of all even

joupotu

Summary of the tentative WGA agreement. What I find kind of funny is...these are all concessions people like Bob Iger claimed were IMPOSSIBLE and would bankrupt them 5 months ago.

This just proves definitively that Studio Executives are all brazen liars and this entire debacle was completely their fault. I'm happy the WGA won an excellent contract, but can't forgive the amount of pain the Studios chose to put regular working class people through just to see if they could get away with it.

I watched all Conover's "Ruins Everything". It was pretty good.

Are you all writers or entertainment people? I just watch a lotta damn TV. (Great transition coming up...)

...I just worry mostly about AI, and not just for the uh..entertainment industry, but the entire fucking world.
It's as evil as anything ever depicted by the role of the Borg in Star Trek, AI has taken control, resistance
is futile. And here I sit wifi-less, phone/tv/computer, like it'll do me any good. Just trying to keep a low
profile in the middle of a fire fight, really. It's all totally hopeless now. AI emulates people, and it finds
the very worst traits of people to emulate and behaves accordingly. Scary as all hell, I will tell ya.

joupotu,
Reactions: Knewt

florduh

86v4jg.jpg

Petetbay

Anybody watching the new Fargo mini-series on FX? Still early, but I ‘m liking it better than the new Justified.

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

I've only seen a few of the new R&M and I would say one was not so good, one was alright, and another was pretty classic good... They still have a lot of the same writers, in my mind it hasn't been always good or declining, just doesn't always knock it out of the park like it did when it was more original back in the day so it can vary... Like most long running or successful adult animation honestly to me

Anybody watching the new Fargo mini-series on FX? Still early, but I ‘m liking it better than the new Justified.

I haven't started the new season yet, but I caught off on all the previous ones this year so I am looking forward to it very soon... Reliable show for sure from consistent creator

Justified City Primeval, did not have everyone from the original series returning behind the scenes, it was also based on another book that was shoehorning in his character... So yeah I don't think it was very good at all honestly lol did not have much of what makes the original so great, although there were glimmers

Rodney

atm am watching Cardinal and it is the best show i have seen in ages. Is a cop mystery series shot in Canada and shows the story from the side of the cops and the bad guys like in the wire. The first series is about a missing kid and kids murder, the second series si about drug dealers. it is all doen so so well and so good to watch.

btw guys I love tv series and chatting about tv series A LOT and seen so many series over the years but the last year could hardly get into many series as was on antidepressants SSRI and they sucked the life out of everything for me including watching a lot of tv and playing video games but am off them now and feel so so alive and love watching tv series again.

I just seen this thread after being a member and posting about vapes and hope to be reading and taking part in this thread now :)

CANtalk

atm am watching Cardinal and it is the best show i have seen in ages. Is a cop mystery series shot in Canada and shows the story from the side of the cops and the bad guys like in the wire. The first series is about a missing kid and kids murder, the second series si about drug dealers. it is all doen so so well and so good to watch.

btw guys I love tv series and chatting about tv series A LOT and seen so many series over the years but the last year could hardly get into many series as was on antidepressants SSRI and they sucked the life out of everything for me including watching a lot of tv and playing video games but am off them now and feel so so alive and love watching tv series again.

I just seen this thread after being a member and posting about vapes and hope to be reading and taking part in this thread now :)
I watched it when released, excellent serial series too :nod:. For the OG serial series in this style, look to True Detective, especially season 1, wow.

I'm a little more esoteric than some shows here & RM. 30 Coins is pretty bonkers, even nightmare fuel :evil:. 91% on Rotten Tomatoes & season 2 now on. https://www.rogerebert.com/streaming/30-coins-tv-review-2021

And Albert Lin has just released another amazing Nat Geo Mayan show season this last week, 2023 Lost Cities Revealed with Albert Lin 🤩

Have a great Sunday night

:peace::leaf:

florduh

The Amazon Algorithm really outdid itself on this one. Activated taste clusters I didn't even know I had.

Creepy Ben Linus from LOST in the Wasteland?

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

Dogmeat, Radroaches, and the Brotherhood of Steel?

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Chris Parnell as a Vault Overseer?

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF

Praise Atom!

CANtalk

A couple minor notes for my previous post above. 30 Coins S2 brought on Paul Giamatti. And Lost Cities Revealed with Albert Lin goes beyond the Mayan civilization. The second episode is about the Kush (:brow:) who conquered classic Egypt. Interesting fact, Sudan has more pyramids than Egypt. And the latest episode looks for the lost city of the Cloud Warriors in Peru.

Secret Nazi Bases has been quite interesting & I rewatched 8 Days That Made Rome. I've also begun watching Smartless - On the road with Will Arnett, Jason Bateman & Sean Hayes, enjoy!

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"They were just wanderin' around like a fart in a mitten." -- Mantracker

I found his reruns on tubi!
It's been long enough that they all seem new, to me...

vapviking,

florduh

I finally caught up on The Righteous Gemstones. Gotta say, I'm surprised this show isn't a bigger deal in the cultural zeitgeist. It's like a more fun version of Succession.

Even though the characters are mostly loathsome, I still find them more endearing than literally anyone on Succession. Great performances as well. Especially the lady who plays Judy.

Hbo Max GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Walter Goggins as Uncle Baby Billy is maybe my favorite TV character ever.

Get Out Shut Up GIF by Jason Clarke

Whoever is in charge of the music for this show deserves some kind of award. They had Sturgill Simpson record a new track for the latest season and it's a banger.

Honestly should be the California National Anthem.

There was this bop from the first season too

Uncle Baby Billy's introduction in Season 3 is stuck in my head

Shit Snacks

finally caught up on The Righteous Gemstones. Gotta say, I'm surprised this show isn't a bigger deal in the cultural zeitgeist

Haha I actually think it is, it is quite popular and successful, depends on your circles and such, people don't talk that much about succession unless it was currently on, I think people who watch gemstones know and like it more... Yeah I'd say it is their (creative team) best show yet by far, and you have to love Walton Goggins amazing in everything (I also finished I'm a Virgo on Amazon recently, wacky Boots Riley show, but Goggins plays a slightly different type of character for him though pretty similar actually looking back to some of his other work maybe lol just so versatile)

EarthworldTim

Anyone else watching The Curse on Showtime? Bennie Safdie and Nathan Fielder is quite the combo. Overall, I'm pretty sure I like this show, but man, they sure know how to make the viewer feel uncomfortable. Emma Stone's performance in particular has been great.
I love it. It's like an extended serious drama version of an I think you should leave sketch. I go back and forth between who makes me more uncomfortable between those two. We need a collab with those two and Tim Robinson at some point.

Shit Snacks

Anyone else watching The Curse on Showtime? Benny Safdie and Nathan Fielder is quite the combo. Overall, I'm pretty sure I like this show, but man, they sure know how to make the viewer feel uncomfortable. Emma Stone's performance in particular has been great.

Haha yeah only saw the first episode so far, looking forward to the rest, it's definitely a fresh aesthetic! Culmination of all of their work separately meshing well together...

florduh

Haha I actually think it is, it is quite popular and successful, depends on your circles and such, people don't talk that much about succession unless it was currently on, I think people who watch gemstones know and like it more... Yeah I'd say it is their (creative team) best show yet by far, and you have to love Walton Goggins amazing in everything (I also finished I'm a Virgo on Amazon recently, wacky Boots Riley show, but Goggins plays a slightly different type of character for him though pretty similar actually looking back to some of his other work maybe lol just so versatile)

I don't remember the second season as well. But this third season was the best, to me. I also appreciate that it tells a whole story from beginning to end. No cliffhanger bullshit. I was a little worried it could be the last season, but it looks like they're getting ready for 4th already!

Nathan Fielder

Ok you guys sold me. I was looking for something to watch later. Really excited to see a show made by someone who went to one of Canada's best business schools and got really good grades.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I finally caught up on The Righteous Gemstones. Gotta say, I'm surprised this show isn't a bigger deal in the cultural zeitgeist. It's like a more fun version of Succession.

Even though the characters are mostly loathsome, I still find them more endearing than literally anyone on Succession. Great performances as well. Especially the lady who plays Judy.

Hbo Max GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Walter Goggins as Uncle Baby Billy is maybe my favorite TV character ever.

Get Out Shut Up GIF by Jason Clarke

Whoever is in charge of the music for this show deserves some kind of award. They had Sturgill Simpson record a new track for the latest season and it's a banger.

Honestly should be the California National Anthem.

There was this bop from the first season too

Uncle Baby Billy's introduction in Season 3 is stuck in my head

I liked it at first. But, like Succession, I trailed off before finishing it because I just lost interest in watching garbage/parasite people be horrible people. After a couple of seasons of just that, I seem to start losing interest.

Maybe it's actually because these shows are depressingly realistic, even though they are intended to be funny.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom