• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Tsunami by NewVape

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Continuation of legacy FC thread

Integrated All-in-One Dab System
  • Chose between SIC or Sapphire 30mm dishes
  • Peak and Carta glass adapters
  • Uses our proven Flat coil and Enail PID controller.
  • Aluminum Magnetic Heat Shield
  • Made in the USA
  • Easy to Clean
  • Designed for extended use

Last edited by a moderator:

MadHasher

Boy oh boy, I sure am tempted to blow my stimulus package on the premium kit (8020). I've been out of the vape market for so long that I just went by a friend's recommendation. Consequently, I've been daily driving a peak since October and while it does the job, I don't really care for the ecosystem (lookin' at you, flimsy heating filament) nor the company owner. It would be nice to sell that off and get something a bit sturdier, now that I've no real use for the portability. The thought of dropping $1K on a setup is painful, but I'm over halfway there on a much less capable device, so here I am drooling with my mouse-hand hovering over that order button.

Is there any internal assembly/setup required, specifically fitting the coil and calibrating the PID? If it comes ready to go, I may have just found my end-game.

MadHasher

Welp, I couldn't help myself; order placed, anxious anticipation has commenced. Looking forward to re-joining the FC community on our newly-established home, and am excited to see how this Tsunami performs. I had an RDK-300 and some generic quartz banger years and years ago, which I remember fondly, so this should be thrilling.

Anything I should know heading into the first day beyond "have fun"?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Welp, I couldn't help myself; order placed, anxious anticipation has commenced. Looking forward to re-joining the FC community on our newly-established home, and am excited to see how this Tsunami performs. I had an RDK-300 and some generic quartz banger years and years ago, which I remember fondly, so this should be thrilling.

Anything I should know heading into the first day beyond "have fun"?

Just report back here, in detail! :brow::whip:

MadHasher

:DIt's heeeeeeeeeeeeeere! I've gotten everything put together, and am playing around with dish temps (as best I'm able to judge with this IR thermometer I borrowed from a friend). It is so well machined, I can't stop drooling over it; both a visual pleasure as well as a tactile one. The thermal shroud is attractive and effective, severely limiting potential burns, and being an all-in-one, you only have one cable to deal with for potential trip/burn hazards. That, along with how slick the whole package looks sitting on a desk have sated my vape acquisition syndrome for the foreseeable future. The NewVape team was a joy to work with, as well.
I think the trouble now will be resisting the urge to try all sorts of hydratubes for my new daily driver. The included hydratube is an excellent pairing, with great uniformity on the diffusion slits. Airflow is great through the 14mm joint (I've since lowered the water level) and handles material across the entire surface more evenly than anything I've ever experienced before. I am one happy camper with the dish around 490-500F. The SiC dish mops up incredibly easily, offering virtually no resistance to a dry cotton swab. At 550F, there was more resistance, but I imagine that's down to the material degrading, or just drying out (tested with sugar, diamonds in sauce, and wax so far -- I imagine I will want to drop temp a fair bit for rosin if/when I splurge on any).

Imgur album since I couldn't figure out what the size limit for uploads was on this forum software.

Last edited:

daoist

Does that water piece on top fit on vaporizers with 18.8mm vaporizers such as the extreme Q or vape xhale?
i was planning on buying some glass from new vape. But there collection of glass seems to be reduced.

daoist,
Reactions: EmDeemo

MadHasher

No, that one is a 14.4mm female connection, I'm afraid. The premium kit does come with (or NewVape was kind enough to supply me with) an 18.8mm male adapter to make use of, for which I have a few DHgate hydratubes on the way; specifically, these two: One and Two. I'll report my findings/shoot some videos once they arrive and let you know how they are.

Speaking of arrivals, those 8mm ruby pearls I ordered from 710coils arrived on Saturday rather than the projected Monday; Just waiting on the dish and bucket assembly to drop temp before trying one, or two, or four out. :razz:

ResidentAutist,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC. Read more about it here.

Stu,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
new hydratube concept being printed with wood filament. Once the design is proven we will have a glass blower make them for us.

Does that water piece on top fit on vaporizers with 18.8mm vaporizers such as the extreme Q or vape xhale?
i was planning on buying some glass from new vape. But there collection of glass seems to be reduced.
the hydratube adapter is available in 14mm and 18mm

MadHasher

@MadHasher how goes it, any updates on your experience with the Tsunami?

Everything is golden over here, the Tsu has been serving me as my faithful daily driver since I opened the box (kinda feel bad about not having sold the peak by now, given that I haven't touched it once since opening the Tsu). I took delivery of another DHGate glass order the other day to replace the shipment I had mentioned earlier in the thread, and have been playing with those to establish preferences.

I've gotten my preferred technique for terp pearls dialed in recently, deciding on 2x 8mm ruby pearls for loads of .2 and above as a worthwhile addition in pursuit of more consistent vapor production at lower temperatures. That being said, I find that it limits my range of pull speed in order to maintain consistent pearl movement/material agitation. It also seemed to lead to more residual buildup in the glass, but that could just as well be attributed to the lower temperatures I was running in conjunction with the pearls. It is an overall more enjoyable draw (when ideal), at the expense of having to micromanage every facet of the hit to maintain that advantageous enjoyability.

Currently working through different pieces at different temperatures to dial in my preferences w/o the pearl agitation.
jTWdTYx.jpg

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Everything is golden over here, the Tsu has been serving me as my faithful daily driver since I opened the box (kinda feel bad about not having sold the peak by now, given that I haven't touched it once since opening the Tsu). I took delivery of another DHGate glass order the other day to replace the shipment I had mentioned earlier in the thread, and have been playing with those to establish preferences.

I've gotten my preferred technique for terp pearls dialed in recently, deciding on 2x 8mm ruby pearls for loads of .2 and above as a worthwhile addition in pursuit of more consistent vapor production at lower temperatures. That being said, I find that it limits my range of pull speed in order to maintain consistent pearl movement/material agitation. It also seemed to lead to more residual buildup in the glass, but that could just as well be attributed to the lower temperatures I was running in conjunction with the pearls. It is an overall more enjoyable draw (when ideal), at the expense of having to micromanage every facet of the hit to maintain that advantageous enjoyability.

Currently working through different pieces at different temperatures to dial in my preferences w/o the pearl agitation.
jTWdTYx.jpg
Hello I hope the Tsunami's still preforming well for you. I'd sure love to have your recommendations on Hydratubes. I need to find another good source. I would prefer to stay away from dhgate. Do you have a preference of the different designs you have tested?

Kins

So I was looking at this thread being interested in the tsunami. Only see one persons review and there aren't any reviews on the website. I'm confused about the glass use. Does this only use peak and carta glass? Or are you able to put any 14 or 18mm glass on it?.

Kins,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
So I was looking at this thread being interested in the tsunami. Only see one persons review and there aren't any reviews on the website. I'm confused about the glass use. Does this only use peak and carta glass? Or are you able to put any 14 or 18mm glass on it?.
It depends on the base connection you opt for. There is one made for the carta, another for the peak and a third that can be used for hydrotubes or a whip.

VGOODIEZ,

Kins

It depends on the base connection you opt for. There is one made for the carta, another for the peak and a third that can be used for hydrotubes or a whip.

A hydrotube is just a type of glass rig correct?. So I've still got the same question. How can you just put any glass on top of that base? Doesn't make any sense to me. @NewVape710

Would this work with Tsunami?

Last edited:
Kins,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
They make several different adapters that attach to the base that allow you to change from NewVape's own hydro tube to Carta or Peak glass, or even a whip. It's actually quite an incredibly built product. I have one with a MaxVapor PID and it functions and hits like a true e-nail (it's actually a T-Bucket, I believe), but they built an enclosure around it so it's safe to use anywhere without the risks of burning, etc. you'd have with a conventional dab rig. That being said, I find I use my VROD far more often. This is an extremely well-built product and is just as good as any conventional banger, with the simplicity and safety of an e-rig. Very good option if you have pets actually.

bkkbob,

Kins

Thing is I already have an E-nail set up and love it. Guess I've got a touch of that VAS?. Or maybe I should wait and see what NewVape comes up with next. Seems the tsunami is not as popular as their other products so maybe something new and improved is around the corner? Just had some sour diesel x durban poison hybrid- sugar I think is the type of trate but I'm not getting up to look right now....Hhaha

Kins,
Top Bottom