Tornado by Vestratto

RxPlorer

Man it is so tempting but I also really want to see the tornado in action before I commit. Even with a discount code it’s still $635 aud and we don't get free shipping on our orders. Keen to see what everyone thinks about it
lol yeah everyone’s showing a whole lotta trust with a capital $ for Vestratto here! Though, I’ll say as a long-time observer and fan (not yet a customer), it seems like they’ve earned it.

budski

cantre member
I will buy a forge as I already have batteries., tornado or tempest? I'll wait for the bugs to clear out

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Love that the pitch is “we usually get it right and that time we really blew it we did a solid make-good, so plonk down your cash based on half a render and an oddball analogy that name-checks a beloved but defunct vape. You’ll probably get something in a month.”

Stay glorious, FC. 🫡

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Love that the pitch is “we usually get it right and that time we really blew it we did a solid make-good, so plonk down your cash based on half a render and an oddball analogy that name-checks a beloved but defunct vape. You’ll probably get something in a month.”

Stay glorious, FC. 🫡
^:love:Fortunately the guy that buys them all fell pitched!:wave: But it's all good if he's got 2 defunct subs to run this up to compare! :rockon: Fun times!:nod::tup::myday::science::freak:

Vapeaction

I have been so well behaved… I thought I could resist… what was the wife thinking leaving me alone at home for a week during 420 week…
It’s the new Tornado… couldn’t resist… now for real this time, no more… for at least 6… ok 3 months…
Oh the shame…
I’ll get over it…

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Thank god!! It was a close call. I had a tornado in my cart, and it was sold out as it charged my card. I bought a forge, and then an hour later, I was able to get a tornado kit!!! :) Does anyone here need a forge? LMK... It looks impressive, may just keep the 2nd as a gift I guess lol I'm just happy to get the tornado!!

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Your post requires an update :D......back to being 'sold out'.
Yep! Looks like the next batch will be ready for July 2024, and the website says you can pre order it.

Thank god!! It was a close call. I had a tornado in my cart, and it was sold out as it charged my card. I bought a forge, and then an hour later, I was able to get a tornado kit!!! :) Does anyone here need a forge? LMK... It looks impressive, may just keep the 2nd as a gift I guess lol I'm just happy to get the tornado!!
🌪️🌪️🌪️

I would caution anyone to be careful with Amazon knockoff M12s for their Forge, they may work but could end up being far less capacity than advertised, have a bad cell pairing or in the worst cases a faulty ground causing an electrical fire and thermal runaway. Milwaukee also has a 3 year battery warranty on defects and issues with their battery.

Kreator87

Quote Jaws GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

*boat bong 😂

Smknbud

🌪️🌪️🌪️

I would caution anyone to be careful with Amazon knockoff M12s for their Forge, they may work but could end up being far less capacity than advertised, have a bad cell pairing or in the worst cases a faulty ground causing an electrical fire and thermal runaway. Milwaukee also has a 3 year battery warranty on defects and issues with their battery.

I saw all those knockoffs yesterday when looking for a battery after I placed my order.......ended up getting (to start) one oem M12 2.5Ah high output battery and oem battery charger.......slightly over $50 US (don't know how amazon does it since same combo at Home Depot is $135).

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Man it is so tempting but I also really want to see the tornado in action before I commit. Even with a discount code the bundle is still $635 aud and we don't get free shipping on our orders. Keen to see what everyone thinks about it
its so hard being aussie, the bloody shipping is insane, let alone the shitty conversion rate & a government that see's importing vapes as a crime

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Need more battery information from the 1st testing group. Would like to hear Ah’s used or if an official recommendation.
I will definitely be sharing my findings here when it arrives, I already have 2 3ah and 1 6ah M12 to test. Might also test some Amazon cheapies after making sure the ground is all good and breaking them apart to inspect the cells.

This is the information we have from Vestratto on expected number of hits for each M12 Ah variation.
image.png

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Yep! Looks like the next batch will be ready for July 2024, and the website says you can pre order it.

🌪️🌪️🌪️

I got lucky; mine was May 14!!, but I was crying to Jerry about losing out on what was already in my cart and (I am extremely grateful) he messaged me as soon as the other ones went up, so I think I ordered In the first few minutes. I needed to edit my message. I thought it was 18650's damn, what is an m12 battery and shit I need to find it in Thailand. I guess if it's a power tool, it shouldn't be tough.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I got lucky; mine was May 14!!, but I was crying to Jerry about losing out on what was already in my cart and (I am extremely grateful) he messaged me as soon as the other ones went up, so I think I ordered In the first few minutes. What batteries do you recommend it's 18650, right? I think the best are the monocels or whatever they are called the white batteries with 4 amps of steady current. But you're talking about drill batteries, is it 18650?
It uses the Milwaukee M12 battery platform, not 18650's (even though that is what is contained inside the M12s). Johns reasoning is that they can benefit from all the R&D and QA that Milwaukee spends on their batteries and they are also made to power high output electric tools so they are rated for the amount of power the Forge will need to draw. Also extremely readily available in North America at Home Depot, still available in EU and other regions but may be more difficult to find. M12 Battery Website

There are a lot of knockoffs, which are available far cheaper, but sometimes the 18650 cells in these are not good pairs or are made poorly with bad grounds.

@bkkbob Looks like there is a retail outlet in Bangkok, maybe they do shipping?
image.png

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
It uses the Milwaukee M12 battery platform, not 18650's (even though that is what is contained inside the M12s). Johns reasoning is that they can benefit from all the R&D and QA that Milwaukee spends on their batteries and they are also made to power high output electric tools so they are rated for the amount of power the Forge will need to draw. Also extremely readily available in North America at Home Depot, still available in EU and other regions but may be more difficult to find. M12 Battery Website

There are a lot of knockoffs, which are available far cheaper, but sometimes the 18650 cells in these are not good pairs or are made poorly with bad grounds.
Yeah, I want the best possible battery. I can ship it to my forwarder in Cali, I guess. Damn, now I really don't want the extra forge. It's only Milwaky other brands like Stanley or Bosch don't use the same platform? Searching now. Is there any way to see what the forge will look like with the biggest battery in it? What is John using in his videos? That looks like a nice size, but I really like the convenience of as much as I can get. What is better two smaller ones or the biggest for form factor?

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Yeah, I want the best possible battery. I can ship it to my forwarder in Cali, I guess. Damn, now I really don't want the extra forge. It's only Milwaky other brands like Stanley or Bosch don't use the same platform? Searching now. Is there any way to see what the forge will look like with the biggest battery in it? What is John using in his videos? That looks like a nice size, but I really like the convenience of as much as I can get. What is better two smaller ones or the biggest for form factor?
I would recommend 2 3ah ones so you can have one charging / ready to go. If you get one big one you will have downtime charging, or get all 3 like me :mental:

budski

cantre member
I'd buy the extra forge from ya, already got a pile of batteries, the ease of swapping/recharging the m12 +their robustness is worth the bulk. the smaller form of the 3.0 work best in my heated coats.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I'd buy the extra forge from ya, already got a pile of batteries, the ease of swapping/recharging the m12 +their robustness is worth the bulk. the smaller form of the 3.0 work best in my heated coats.
Thanks just PM me, I'll ask John to ship it directly to you so it doesn't come to Thailand first. I'm pretty sure we can make that happen.

They have the 4 amps in stock at a very reputable department store. Would the 4 amp be better or the 6? Is the 6 substantially larger? Again I'm working so I'm just asking and not looking at specs. I really appreciate it. My fingers are trigger happy I want to order a battery LOL

S

Top Bottom