Tommy Chong, Cancer Free with Hash Oil and Special Diet

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Saw this story a few hours ago.

Apparently, Chong had been diagnosed almost a year ago with stage 1 Prostate cancer and "kicked it's ass" in under a year with a special diet and no small amount of hash oil.
http://www.ibtimes.com/tommy-chong-...er-cure-i-kicked-cancers-ass-hash-oil-1264243

A bit annoyed that the story broke three days ago with little major media attention. God forbid any positive light is shed on cannabis.

Anyway, congrats to Mr. Chong and the medical movement as a whole!

Tweek

My father didn't change his diet and he went from stage 2 prostate cancer to cancer free in 3 months with a Rick simpson oil regiment. Ymmv as everyones inndividual biochemistry differs but just saying :p :)

That's great and I am glad your father beat the cancer, but I need hard data before I am going to throw all my faith into hash oil exclusively. So many variables, as you already mentioned.

Tweek,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Certainly, I'd pair cannabis use with every other health-supporting lifestyle choice possible, such as a hyper-nourishing diet, plenty of sleep, total lack of stress, and the oversight of a qualified health care provider, which in the article Chong mentions (wonder how many new patients his doctor in Victoria BC has netted from this!).

I've watched 2 relatives slowly waste away from cancer,a horrible,horrible way to die.
If God forbid I develope cancer there's nothing I wouldn't try,nothing. From hash oil to voodoo dolls and everything between. If there's even a remote possibility it would help I'm game. Throw anything and everything at me and see if anything sticks.
In this whole world there's only 2 things I fear,spiders and cancer. Spiders are easy to kill,but when it comes to cancer I feel powerless. Like I said,I've watched to many good people slowly and painfully die from the evil that is cancer. To those who are suffering right now,you have my sympathy and prayers. Never stop fighting. Ever.

God,if you can hear me,please don't let me go out like that.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I had an acquaintance die of cancer recently. She was a Mormon undergoing chemo so using cannabis was completely out of the question. Well the chemo hurt her so bad, made her so sick, that she quit doing it. Not too long after that she succumbed to the disease. I will always wonder if things could have been different for her had she been able to use cannabis to help her make it through the chemo regimen, let alone any other health benefits it might have had for her . . .

Tweek

See I have the opposite experience...a relative of mine was told she had months to live. We got a second opinion and she went through surgery/chemo and is alive 15 years later. Like most things, I think the truth lay someplace in the middle.

Tweek,
Reactions: ShipDit

SD_haze

My dad had the same stage of prostate cancer as Tommy and is the exact same age. He had the robotic surgery, with the least amount of recovery time which was all done at home. All of it was removed and nothing's come back.

He's against cannabis but he still had a cathartic laugh when I mentioned What Tommy Chong did.
(He was a cannabis enthusiast for 30 yrs)

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Hash oil was just one part of whatever it is he did to fight his cancer. I'm a believer in the benefits of the herb, but I think it is a little misleading for anyone to suggest Hash Oil cured his cancer.

I agree, although I don't think I or anyone else (save Tommy) had suggested his healing was an exclusive result of cannabis treatment. But, as it is Tommy's opinion, experience, and story, I choose to take it at face value as just that, testimony of a personal triumph for Mr. Chong.

Not that this should make his story scientifically viable beyond question. Chong and MMJ supporters have a lot to gain from the idea that cannabis played a critical role in his recovery. If anything, the fact that he is who he is, and posted the first story to CelebStoner, can suggest some kind of spin on his part.

We'll have to wait for the numbers for a real answer. Until then, I think we can all enjoy the fact that a legendary stoner celebrity, MMJ advocate, &, hell, just another human being, hasn't fallen to cancer and the painful lifestyle it burdens you with in your final years.

Atomsk,
Reactions: ShipDit

Tweek

I agree, although I don't think I or anyone else (save Tommy) had suggested his healing was an exclusive result of cannabis treatment. But, as it is Tommy's opinion, experience, and story, I choose to take it at face value as just that, testimony of a personal triumph for Mr. Chong.

Not that this should make his story scientifically viable beyond question. Chong and MMJ supporters have a lot to gain from the idea that cannabis played a critical role in his recovery. If anything, the fact that he is who he is, and posted the first story to CelebStoner, can suggest some kind of spin on his part.

We'll have to wait for the numbers for a real answer. Until then, I think we can all enjoy the fact that a legendary stoner celebrity, MMJ advocate, &, hell, just another human being, hasn't fallen to cancer and the painful lifestyle it burdens you with in your final years.

The article definitely leans toward that suggestion and is what I refer to. Of course it's great news when anyone beats cancer...however, if we want to see these cases taken more seriously by the mainstream scientific community, they have to be presented in a balanced manner. I don't see that in the article and that bothers me, especially when someone with a life threatening illness may possibly abandon effective traditional treatment because Chong said Hash oil was a miracle cure.

satyrday

Good for Tommy Chong. Placebo may have played a part, but whatever it takes to fire up the body's natural defenses is fine by me.

satyrday,

goatgobaahh

Saw this story a few hours ago.

Apparently, Chong had been diagnosed almost a year ago with stage 1 Prostate cancer and "kicked it's ass" in under a year with a special diet and no small amount of hash oil.
http://www.ibtimes.com/tommy-chong-...er-cure-i-kicked-cancers-ass-hash-oil-1264243

A bit annoyed that the story broke three days ago with little major media attention. God forbid any positive light is shed on cannabis.

Anyway, congrats to Mr. Chong and the medical movement as a whole!
Lots of new stuff that projects MJ in a positive light has been out as of recent. Every morning I read google news like its the paper. Two articles on the front page.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/04/04/majority-now-supports-legalizing-marijuana/

and this

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/05/study-why-pot-smokers-are-skinnier/275846/

Glad Tommy is OK! Be healthy and well everyone!

satyrday

I think there's a real danger that MMJ will lose credibility if it is hawked as a snake oil panacea. That's too much putting the cart before the horse - the horse being solid proof of effectiveness. Tommy Chong's eager endorsement is really not positive publicity to mainstream folk, though it may sound like wisdom to the choir. I want it all to be true too, but that doesn't make it so. MMJ will backlash if people are getting prescriptions for everything from ingrown toenails to bad hair day. I think that is why the loose California model has become a joke among many (at least outside of California).

Now the argument for recreational legalization is a whole other matter. In that realm it is more "buyer beware" not "here take this ... it's good for you, I promise". We need more research before going too far off the deep end. Though I might feel personally it is good medicine, that should only give me the confidence to take it myself, not to recommend it to every blue hair from coast to coast. I really don't think that would be a good scene anyway.

bopper

The article definitely leans toward that suggestion and is what I refer to. Of course it's great news when anyone beats cancer...however, if we want to see these cases taken more seriously by the mainstream scientific community, they have to be presented in a balanced manner. I don't see that in the article and that bothers me, especially when someone with a life threatening illness may possibly abandon effective traditional treatment because Chong said Hash oil was a miracle cure.

In the US, with regulatory agencies withholding the cannabis required for medical/scientific studies from almost all of even the most distinguished and neutral investigators, the likelihood of a balanced presentation is nil.

Until such time as cannabis is readily available to those who study its effects, anecdotal evidence will be about all the information we have in the US.

bopper,
Reactions: satyrday

Tweek

In the US, with regulatory agencies withholding the cannabis required for medical/scientific studies from almost all of even the most distinguished and neutral investigators, the likelihood of a balanced presentation is nil.

Until such time as cannabis is readily available to those who study its effects, anecdotal evidence will be about all the information we have in the US.

And that anecdotal evidence should be presented in a professional manner...not read like a National Enquirer article, IMO.

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
And that anecdotal evidence should be presented in a professional manner...not read like a National Enquirer article, IMO.

Absolutely correct. Anecdotal evidence tends to raise more questions such as if hash oil cured his prostate cancer but he's been consuming huge amounts of cannabis for about 50 some odd years, then why did he develop the cancer in the first place? Cannabis truly needs to be reclassified so proper research can occur to verify and validate MJ's amazing properties.

goatgobaahh

Couldn't agree more Papa Woody.

Realistically I dont really care for MMJ if it helps you great keep it up! If not well thats ok too, my problem is according to our federal government (maybe yours too if you dont live in America) is that Mary Jane is in the same classification as Heroin and Crystal Meth.

Thats my problem with all this BS. Watch someone hit some meth, watch someone else inject Heroin, then watch someone smoke a joint and tell me its as dangerous as other schedule 1 drugs.

My other problem with this is I have recently started job searching. Why the fuck do I have to stop vaping?

Fuck the government, in a free nation one should be able to do as one pleases as long as they aren't intruding on the peace and well being of others.

satyrday

... as long as they aren't intruding on the peace and well being of others.
Highdeas rock the boat. "Peace and well being" of various boat captains, bosuns, swabbies and swilling passengers ...shining exemplars all... is intruded upon. Too much deck sickness amongst the little peckers. Status quo preservation society.

satyrday,
Top Bottom