Tolerance break

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I’m two days in and feel like shit. Anxiety, body aches, stomach doesn’t feel right, just feel like shit all around. Tell me it gets easier soon.

Thanks
How much were you consuming before the break? I’m gearing up for a break soon and am currently tapering down my usage so I don’t crash too hard.

I’ve heard it can take a week to months depending on how heavy/long you’ve been using, for me it’s usually about a week. Good luck! Hopefully you can find something to take your mind off it, aerobic exercise and water usually helps me to heal.

florduh

Two thoughts:

Maybe try reframing the ordeal? The discomfort now means a healthier relationship with cannabis moving forward. You'll also get significantly better effects from your weed once you're back on the horse. Short term pain to ensure you'll be able to use cannabis for the long term.

Also...maybe at some point try adding some CBD/hemp flower into your routine? It provides some medical effects. I also have a theory that hitting your cannabinoid receptors with CBD will make them more sensitive to THC down the line, but I don't know if that's proven.

spruce

I also have a theory that hitting your cannabinoid receptors with CBD will make them more sensitive to THC down the line, but I don't know if that's proven.
I fully agree with you. You can really really train your receptors to be more sensitive. I know there was a pseudo medical paper about that I saw linked a bit on reddit a couple years ago, but it worked well for me.

OP if you're just taking the break for yourself and not for a drug test I def recommend trying out some hemp. Horn Creek's "sample" pack is like 6 8ths for $30 and I suggest getting some of their CBG kief too. Start with small doses, I'm talking no more than .1g a day. Microdose for a few days and then you can start using full flowerpot bowls. Try and do that for a week, then start adding TINY amounts of thc flower in. Over time I have found I cannot stand type 1 flower unless I mix in some good hemp. The entourage affect from CBD, CBG, CBDV, and CBN add SO MUCH to weed and honestly are better for medical uses. And the right type 2 flower from a farm like Holy City will change how you view flower lol

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I don’t know an actual amount, but heavy daily use through a flowerpot ball vape, 1/4 tsp loads. Maybe 5-6 times a day.
This is my first break in 4 years. It is time to take a break.
Ouch, that might take a bit! Could try halving usage for a week or 2 then halving again (so 1.5tsp to 0.75tsp to 0.25tsp)? I usually find that easier than just jumping straight in cold turkey

Last edited:

Dopamine

I fully agree with you. You can really really train your receptors to be more sensitive. I know there was a pseudo medical paper about that I saw linked a bit on reddit a couple years ago, but it worked well for me.

OP if you're just taking the break for yourself and not for a drug test I def recommend trying out some hemp. Horn Creek's "sample" pack is like 6 8ths for $30 and I suggest getting some of their CBG kief too. Start with small doses, I'm talking no more than .1g a day. Microdose for a few days and then you can start using full flowerpot bowls. Try and do that for a week, then start adding TINY amounts of thc flower in. Over time I have found I cannot stand type 1 flower unless I mix in some good hemp. The entourage affect from CBD, CBG, CBDV, and CBN add SO MUCH to weed and honestly are better for medical uses. And the right type 2 flower from a farm like Holy City will change how you view flower lol
Whenever I bought CBD flower it was sooo dry and crumbly. It was also full of seeds. Maybe I’ll plant some and grow my own hemp. At least I can cure it the same way as my herb. Anybody here grow their own CBD plants?

Dopamine,

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Happy for you @Dopamine , nice to hear it's getting better.

I took a 2 week break beginning of July and first two days were worst. But had bad symptoms for at least a week, some days better some worse. I went cold turkey.

I used cbd in the beginning but noticed that it took longer to get over with cbd. Every time i vaped cbd i felt like I started over with some symptoms. Something to check for yourselves, but for me it wasn't the relief I wanted. Also it was a too similar habit, I just wanted to vape more cbd because of the familiar ritual and that wasn't really helpful for me.

I want to take a break again but longer next time.

EverythingsHazy

Good News: It should almost definitely get much easier, as time passes.
Bad News: It can take 2-4+ weeks for this to start happening, depending on multiple factors, including your previous usage habits, your biology, etc..

Dopamine

Good News: It should almost definitely get much easier, as time passes.
Bad News: It can take 2-4+ weeks for this to start happening, depending on multiple factors, including your previous usage habits, your biology, etc..
Thought it was getting easier, until it wasn’t. Took a while to pass, but atm I’m doing ok.

2-4 weeks! Fuck me.

EverythingsHazy

2-4 weeks! Fuck me.
It doesn't have to take that long, but it can, so don't give up before the 30 day mark. A lot of your dopamine related symptoms should be cleared up by then.

There are lots of chemicals in Cannabis, but one of the main things that you are likely feeling, if not the primary thing, is the dopamine adjustment. If your body is accustomed to big dopamine spikes from Cannabis ingestion, regular day-to-day activities which often don't produce similar spikes will feel mundane, in comparison. Just know that you're tolerance to the dopamine spikes is resetting, and you should be able to desire and likely enjoy those things more as time passes and your tolerance drops.

Last edited:

hausland

Thought it was getting easier, until it wasn’t. Took a while to pass, but atm I’m doing ok.

2-4 weeks! Fuck me.
Keep going day by day, you’ll be fine!

Try going for a walk every time you feel like vaping flower, go to the gym and do some light cardio for 20-30min (running, cycling, swimming…anything really), add cold showers in the morning (eg towards the end of your regular shower), drink lots of water (3 Litres+ a day…this helps me a lot every time).

Try also to eat well if you can, fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables if you have access and can afford it. Try cooking something nice for yourself once a week at least (ritualise it as an act of enjoyment).

I find for me, whenever I take a break, clearing my body, mind and heart in equal measures is what is needed. I’ve noticed that how I approach my mornings makes a difference. Start the day with a walk or a run, make yourself a smoothie of some kind etc.

As for any negative withdrawl symptoms, personally I just frame it as my body “separating” or “clearing” from the cannabinoids, so I will just carry them with me knowing that eventually it WILL get better.

That’s why taking it day by day is key to me.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I’m on a 10 day break due to vacation out of country. No issues other than sleep sucks. But I always use the vacation as a mandated t break and feel like it’s a good thing to do once or twice a yesr.
I agree that a vacation dovetails well with a t-break. For me, the added excitement of being on vacation definitely helps to blunt (pun intended 😉) any withdrawal symptoms.

Pasoa2020

We are also in a hot tropical island and the sun is brutal - makes me VERY tired at the end of the day which helps. And something to look forward to when I get back - that first night off the t break always hits special :)

But I’ve been following this for years. Since we usually try and get away twice a year and I don’t want to travel with devices or substances that are potentially illegal (even if this risk is likely minimal) it’s just something I follow now. Kinda sucks the first few nights with sleep (dreams can be intensne and random wake ups at random hours lol) but it’s good to reset.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
We are also in a hot tropical island and the sun is brutal - makes me VERY tired at the end of the day which helps. And something to look forward to when I get back - that first night off the t break always hits special :)
True dat.
But I’ve been following this for years. Since we usually try and get away twice a year and I don’t want to travel with devices or substances that are potentially illegal (even if this risk is likely minimal) it’s just something I follow now. Kinda sucks the first few nights with sleep (dreams can be intensne and random wake ups at random hours lol) but it’s good to reset.
Yep. I'm with you there. It's good to reset and being on vacation certainly makes it easier.

TigoleBitties,
Top Bottom