Discontinued ThermoVape

marduk

daydreamer
Anyone know how the T1 airflow is with the glass mouthpiece compared to the standard? More or less restricted?

marduk,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Anyone know how the T1 airflow is with the glass mouthpiece compared to the standard? More or less restricted?
+1
I've ordered the vrip bubbler to go with the 14mm gladapter, same one in TV's gladapter page pics. I'll also try poor-manning some straight hits from from the gladapter.

Nick Brand,

OF

I'd imagine it's fairly close to the same. The cap and mouthpiece (when clean) don't offer much restriction compared to the restriction on the input side of the heat core. Try hitting straight off the bowl (no cap or mouthpiece....cold, of course) and you'll see how free it can be at most.

It needs some restriction to make the core work right you know? It depends on fairly slow, turbulent flow.

OF

marduk

daydreamer
^
Yeah I tried it straight off the bowl and it still feels pretty restricted. I also have the Evo, and the airflow on that feels just fine. If I could get Evo airflow on a T1, I'd be a very happy camper. Maybe the eventual T2 will do it so I can send more money into the California economy. :)

marduk,

OF

^
Yeah I tried it straight off the bowl and it still feels pretty restricted. I also have the Evo, and the airflow on that feels just fine. If I could get Evo airflow on a T1, I'd be a very happy camper. Maybe the eventual T2 will do it so I can send more money into the California economy. :)

I'll pass the good news to the Governor, he needs the money in the worst way you know. It's getting pretty scary, we just had the 13th largest city, just south of the capitol, 300,000 folks, go bankrupt. Maybe you should just send your money now?

As I understand it, the two cores are set up differently. The T1 uses a preheat chamber which improves efficiency but adds restriction. In it's medical application this is not an issue, and that is the goal of it. Evolution features less turns and restrictions getting in and a more open core. It's also set up to fit in water pipes so I suspect it had some element of this in the design. I did some calculations when Evolution first came out and managed to convince myself at the time it took more Wh or power to vape the same herb, not I think that really matters when it comes to getting vapor out.

Anyway, I think you're observations are valid. The glass mouthpiece may contribute to taste, but I doubt it will make the unit more free flowing. OTOH, it won't make it worse, either.

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
PhreedomPhries,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was going to ask if those fell off a truck...

As far as the handle heating up, the unit still gets warm, as I use it. It just takes longer for the switch to heat up, since there are not batteries in there heating it from the inside. I have yet to use it to the point of heating the switch, but the body does start to radiate the heat from the bowl after about 3-4 hits in a row.

Pipes, here is the adapter info:

TR][AD brand
P/N:WSU060-4000-R
Model: WSU060-4000
Input: 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz 0.75A Max
Output: 6.0v = 4.0A

jambandphan03,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I was going to ask if those fell off a truck...

As far as the handle heating up, the unit still gets warm, as I use it. It just takes longer for the switch to heat up, since there are not batteries in there heating it from the inside. I have yet to use it to the point of heating the switch, but the body does start to radiate the heat from the bowl after about 3-4 hits in a row.

Pipes, here is the adapter info:

TR][AD brand
P/N:WSU060-4000-R
Model: WSU060-4000
Input: 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz 0.75A Max
Output: 6.0v = 4.0A

Very odd. That is a DC supply. 24 watt max. Sounds like it must be current limited like the Jameco.
The reason I say DC is because of the flexible input voltage. Quick price checking seems between 10 - 20 so TV at $25 is not too too bad. (Kit - Handle price)

Yeah, something definitely up at that price for the T1s on ebay. Notice the seller has 0 feedback so this might just be a quick grab the money and run. If the picture is for real he has had at least 8 of them. Probably more.

Thanks,
Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: Norlin

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey Thermovape...

Any chance we can get some video of the glass tops in action to pass the time while we wait for them to arrive? That sure would be sweet :D

jambandphan03,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Yeah, something definitely up at that price for the T1s on ebay. Notice the seller has 0 feedback so this might just be a quick grab the money and run. If the picture is for real he has had at least 8 of them. Probably more.

Thanks,
Pipes
Yeah, hopefully TV can do something to nip that in the bud. They are selling for well under the wholesale price, so it is clearly outright thievery. :ninja:

PhreedomPhries,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I just went and combusted my bowl in the T1, while using the AC power adapter. No doubt it was my own fault for getting distracted while I had it heating and just let it go too long. Note to self, let go of switch when engaging in conversation.:freak: Also... It's happened... I am officially a vape snob. The smell that little bit of combustion left in my T1/adapter and DG mini was horrible. I've had to take everything apart to clean it, and still having a heck of a time getting the smell out of the T1 cap and adapter. It's soaking in some fresh Iso now. Hopefully that will take care of the offending odor.

2clicker

Observer
holy crap i just saw that TV released and AC adapter :rockon:

i see that Jam has one and it apparently seems to be working well. anyone else?

its weird though... on the TV site, when you looking at the product list the price for the AC Adapter is $99, but when you click on it and go to its own page its priced at $124.99...? which is it?

2clicker,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Well, I just went and combusted my bowl in the T1, while using the AC power adapter. No doubt it was my own fault for getting distracted while I had it heating and just let it go too long. Note to self, let go of switch when engaging in conversation.:freak: Also... It's happened... I am officially a vape snob. The smell that little bit of combustion left in my T1/adapter and DG mini was horrible. I've had to take everything apart to clean it, and still having a heck of a time getting the smell out of the T1 cap and adapter. It's soaking in some fresh Iso now. Hopefully that will take care of the offending odor.
Really that bad. I have had combustion a few times. Usually for the same reason, not thinking about what I'm doing and yuck, sneaks up on you. Stop right away and mumble a couple curse words. But found after 2-3 more hits the taste disperses. The following hit been the worst. Never found it sticks around that long. But it sure tastes bad when not used to it for sure.

Pipes

Pipes,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
holy crap i just saw that TV released and AC adapter :rockon:

i see that Jam has one and it apparently seems to be working well. anyone else?

its weird though... on the TV site, when you looking at the product list the price for the AC Adapter is $99, but when you click on it and go to its own page its priced at $124.99...? which is it?
The $99 is handle (adapter) only. The cube power supply is included for $125.
Pipes

Pipes,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yes, so far, absolutely no complaints about the TV AC adapter. Now my attention span on the other hand :ko:

jambandphan03,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Really that bad. I have had combustion a few times. Usually for the same reason, not thinking about what I'm doing and yuck, sneaks up on you. Stop right away and mumble a couple curse words. But found after 2-3 more hits the taste disperses. The following hit been the worst. Never found it sticks around that long. But it sure tastes bad when not used to it for sure.
Pipes
I got my MFLB two days ago, and the first time I fired it up I used the guidance that's been all over the net- let warm up 5 secs, sip, wait, sip, wait, etc. And I got combustion- not only the smell, but also the throat-pain. I wonder if the pursuers of the big white clouds are getting some combusion in there. Quite a few folks don't "get" vaporization, because of their combustion reference, and keep trying to get hits that are big, milky and make them cough. I don't think I've ever had a vapor hit make me cough.

Once you've had the chance to taste the natural sweetness of the herb using temps of 350-380F (based on the volcano digit readout).... :mmmm:

When my T1 gets here, getting the inhale speed that gives me that taste will be goal #1

ps higher temps can be used to get max extraction, but please start with the lower range

Nick Brand,
Top Bottom